Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Alright place to work
Lodging Support Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free Sodas
Cons: Favortism
Expedia is a alright place to work, the culture has changed a lot. It used to be faced paced and challenging but now it is slow pace and kind of boring.
Good benifits
Fulfillment Representative (Current Employee), las vegas nvJuly 22, 2015
Pros: the pay and the people i work for
Cons: the shifts
Very busy phones taking to all kinds of people on a day to day basis. I have learned lite sales heavy escalations and how to handle extremely irate people. The management I good here I have never had a problem with any supervisor in my 3 years here, I get along with everyone I work with,
Fun workplace, great benefits, HIGH expectations.
Associate Market Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits.
Cons: Training and Support.
Expedia is a past-faced, ever-changing company. The benefits are wonderful and the employees are dynamic and colorful. The most difficult part of Market Management is the lack of training and lack of direction from your Superiors. You are thrown into your role and expected to know how to use the programs, where to find data, how to interpret data, what questions to ask, whom do you ask to answer those questions, etc. Also, 50% travel to your markets.
Fun workplace with great teamwork
Relocation Agent / Lodging Operations (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 20, 2015
Management constantly trying to find ways to make work more fun while also providing help and guidance. The job itself can be stressful, but with a team that works together it is easy to overcome the scariest of situations.
Sales Agent
Sales Agent (Current Employee), SpringfieldJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, good pay
Cons: isolation
As a sales agent for Expedia I answer phone calls and sell hotel rooms. I love interacting and talking with people from all walks of life. Every call is different and I find joy in fixing problems or finding the nest solution. What i've learned most about working for Expedia is patience but also boldness. Since it is a sales job the end goal is making the sale. The hardest part of the job for me is isolation, even though I talk to people on the phone all day, I never have time to interact with anyone around me and that bums me out. I life interacting and getting to know coworkers.
My experience
Lodging Support Service Specialist tier 2 (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2015
Pros: travel programs
Cons: Mirco management of our time
I work in a call center assisting customer, vendor with day to day issues including trouble shooting services. Hi-volume call center , I have definitely learned how to work with numerous outlets via internet and technical devices. My co-workers are amazing people , we work as a team. Those calls could be very time consuming and difficult but we have a instant message program that reaches all across the world so we can reach other co-workers around the planet with questions . Saturdays at work are a joy we work but we also get a lot of time to enjoy each other and take a mini break from things.
Great Travel Company
Market Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 8, 2015
Great travel company, lots of opportunity for various types of jobs. Great culture and somewhat of a good work life balance
Great Work Life Balance
Senior Merchandiser (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 7, 2015
Great work life balance, coupled with team members who are passionate about travel. Competitive benefit packages for all types of employees
Relaxed Work Enviornment
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJune 23, 2015
This is a great company to work for, great benefits, great employees. Management is excessive and promotes at times unobtainable goals.
Lots of global opportunity, great career development
Vendor Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 29, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: office at the old airport, travelers show up in error
This company is unique in Springfield in terms of its global footprint and the opportunities available. Tremendous benefits, exposure to myriad technologies, functions, and levels of leadership. Pay well beyond the norm for Springfield. Great place to start your career after college.
Fantastic place to work
Director, Air Operations (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 29, 2015
Flexible work/life balance. Outstanding, smart, people to work with in all groups. Variety of work and issues to work on and sense of accomplishment when completed.
Great Pay & Benefits
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 16, 2015
Amazing pay potential. Good working environment. Union job but lacks ability to make a difference. Company demands at times to strenuous.
good
Software DEV engineer (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 4, 2015
Over all the work experience with expedia was good. The management was typical, My team lead was not liberal in understanding the views of the coworkers, and was a little problamatic, But other then that everything was fine
Internship
Summer Associate, Global Marketing Finance (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 29, 2015
Had an amazing time, would love to work here full time! highly suggest.

Was able to work side-by-side with management and attending weekly meetings. At the end I had a great feel for what corp. world really was.
Great People - Great Company
Implementation Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free Soda, Great Culture, Lots of perks I am told great benefits as well.
Cons: Just a contractor.Some managers and teams are better than others.
I was only a contractor, but it is one of the best companies I have worked for! Really great culture and people in general. Very fun place to work - lots of perks! I would take a job here again in a heartbeat.
Horrible job culture and angry customers.
Corporate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2015
Customers are always angry and supervisors do their very least to help employees. Not a comfortable or inviting working environment.
My daily duties in Expedia
Contractor through Compucom (Former Employee), chandler AZMarch 25, 2015
• Lead role in controlling and managing data devices, set up maintenance schedules, distribution lists, set recovery and inventory procedures, group instructions on the applications of the devices, and software and hardware troubleshooting intiatives.
• Installed and reimaged servers, patch panels and switches
• Wired servers in racks and network cage
• Troubleshot Cat6/RJ45 connections along with data and fiber optics
• Software support initiatives as Systems Administrator
• Provided hardware voltage support along with network support
• Responsible for the tape library daily for remote site delivery and part inventory for the datacenter
• Installed wiring Cisco 6509 & Cisco 6513 routers, Citrix Terminal servers and associated peripheral components
Fun place to work, and great people
Collector (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Rewards for hard work
Cons: Little training
Fast pace, always busy. Great co-workers always willing to and support their co-workers. Rewarding the team members monthly when team goals are met.
Work experience depends upon location
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 16, 2015
The Springfield office does not have the same culture as other offices within the company. The office environment is more like a manufacturing facility than that of an administrative office.
No growth
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: travel, family time
Cons: complacent, no growth
If you are looking for growth, this company does not encourage it.

There is a great work life balance but you don't feel there is much more but flexibility.
Revenue