Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Innovative, fun and allows employees to be themselves
Lodging Operations Supervisor, Expedia (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2016
This position has given me the most creative license in coaching and developing employees. Expedia breeds a culture of working hard, but also being playful at work. They are not afraid to try a new process, fail, learn and move on.
Pros
awesome insurance and travel benefits
Cons
location in heart of traffic
Very good place to work
Senior Manager, Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 9, 2016
Enjoyed working at Expedia. Very good work culture. Nice work-life balance. Pleasant working environment.

Was able to learn new tools.
Pros
Culture, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Salary
This job was enjoyable.
Lodging Partner Associate lV (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2016
I loved working for Expedia, Inc. The workplace environment was as if I was spending the day with my family. The benefits were great. The training was extensive and on going.
CEX Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 25, 2016
I did a 10 month contract at Expedia. It was a great experience. The team I worked with were fantastic. I respected the management who seemed genuinely interested in the development of their employees. There were several programs to develop and grow their existing employees skills and career.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Would have preferred a more challenging and expansive role
Coworker review
Salesperson/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waikīkī, HIAugust 22, 2016
Encouraging staff
Room to grow
Good team work and work ethich overall
Opportunity for advancement
Dynamic fast paced environment
Quarterly training sessions provided
Solid ecommerce business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 6, 2016
Great place to learn the fundamentals of an eCommerce business. Not a lot of room for innovation, more pragmatic execution and application of fundamentals.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
slow
Productive and fun
Lodging Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2016
This Lodging support position at Expedia is awesome the environment is great and the people in charge do not micro manage their employees.
Pros
Lots of free foo
Cons
Late shifts
Best place to work. Period.
Lodging Partner Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 23, 2016
I'd almost bet there is no better company than Expedia to work for. Their benefits , culture and work life come in second to none. Best company I've ever had the chance to work for. I will be back aboard at the first opportunity. Dream job for sure.
Progressive; Not Metrics Based; Fun atmosphere
Lodging Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 21, 2016
Everything is very easy going, extensive training on all forms of programs, great hours and pay, awesome supervisors. dealing with hotel owners and general managers on a daily basis with issues most likely technical issues or lack of training on our programs we provide. building business relationships from the ground up
Pros
happy hours, supervisors, schedules, pay
Cons
don't stick to contract lengths if contracted through Contracting companies
Really great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2016
Company has several struggles of running the office. The overall atmosphere is highly stressed, and no one talks about in fear of losing his/her job. Micromanagement is extremely high as well. There are good people there. Their benefits are wonderful.
Pros
Benefits; people
Cons
Almost everything else
Great work/life balance
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 18, 2016
Great place to be if you want to have a life. Lots of food, networking opportunities, and entrepreneur atmosphere. Still growing, and lots of opportunities to move up in the company.
Decent place to work
Tier3 Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
Pays well. That's all I have to say. Feel free to check it out for yourself. The application process is simply dress code is relaxed. Structure is lacking which is why I'm looking for something new.
Productive workplace
Corporate Supervisor Tier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2016
Excellent place of employment. Able to use travel benefits to see the world and also learn many different levels to travelling
It's great - as long as you keep your mouth shut
Sr Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 8, 2016
You can drink, show up, not show up, be drunk, do your work, not do your work...it really doesn't matter. What matters is to not draw attention to yourself. Do not under any circumstances care about your work. You'll do fine and probably get promoted.
Pros
Great pay, bennies, culture
Cons
management is rife with crazies
Great place, great people
eCommerce Director - Hotels.com (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 5, 2016
Expedia is a big company, with several different brands and subsidiaries. Everyone will have a different experience. Mine was one of growth and encouragement. It's a great place to work.
Difficult Time
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 22, 2016
I've had a difficult time here at Expedia, which is opposite to my previous Corporate experience. Many of the people are great to work with, the overall culture is fantastic, but pay is low (comparatively) and advancement difficult for me to understand. Mgmt speaks to a "work-life" balance, but when I'm called as I'm entering the movie theater at night because they need something within the hour I don't much feel balanced.
Pros
Games, Free Lunches
Cons
Pay
concierge
Local Expert Concierge (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2016
Expedia is one of the most amazing Jobs I have ever Had. They treat their employees like true royalty. good vibes and great times.
Expedia - People
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 7, 2016
Face-paced environment with good people to work with. Stand out individuals within the organization. Benefits and perks are great.
Overall I love Expedia
Lead Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 28, 2016
I worked for Expedia, Inc. for eight years and four months. During that time i had four permanent directors and one person who served as interim director twice. I loved the company and the experience it provided. I also enjoyed my co-workers. We worked as a team. Our last director did not operate the way we were accustom to. She is concerned about quantity of work and not quality. There were 10 people on our team when she joined us. There is only one person left from that group. In fact she hired a young man she worked with from Microsoft, her previous employer. He tenured his resignation due to stress in Dec 2015.

As I said before, I love Expedia and wanted to retire from the company. The VP of Customer Operations was fantastic. I did not office in Bellevue, but whenever I was there he took time to have a conversation with me. Four years ago I recommended a change in agent training. We went from agents spending five weeks in class and 3 weeks in nesting to agents being hired for one of two specialist: Hotel or Flight. Agents spend 2 weeks in class and 2 weeks in nesting. They leave class feeling confident. They receive customer compliment in nesting and have better QA, FCR, and Customer satisfaction scores than some of our tenured agents. My VP gave me an additional 5% bonus that year. I was also given the first ever 'department of the year award'. The company still follows this training plan.

I was asked to revise all new hire training.
Good work/life balance
Sr. Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 18, 2016
It's a company growing very fast. Seems to have a lot of turnover in upper management positions so direction can be a challenge with lots of manager changes.
Pros
Subsidized bus pass

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedia, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.