Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed, competitive pay, great leaders
Lodging Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 7, 2016
Coworkers are quality and ethics focused, management is a fantastic mix of well traveled and intelligent people. Sometimes hotel partners aren't up to date on current Expedia rules and procedures and there is a lot of technical malfunctions it being an internet based company. It's enjoyable because its one of those jobs where it seems like a normal call center, but it will surprise you by the content of the work, and the attitude of the staff.
Pros
Relaxed, partner driven sales culture.
Okay place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2016
Typically a fast paced environment. Great co-workers. The upper and middle management teams have little to no idea what is really happening on the floor but are always trying to come up with new ideas to squeeze more out of the already hard working Hotel Operations team. Like many places the direct supervisors have their favorites. The current evaluation process is devoid of any useful metrics upon which an employee can improve. It's all left up to the "Opinion" of your supervisor as to how profitable you are to the team, and that can change monthly.
Pros
Excellent PTO policies. Great co-workers.
Cons
Upper management is clueless.
It has as any big company it has many pros and cons.
Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 24, 2016
It has as any other companies many pros and cons.

Not bad office. Coffee, tea, clean water, snacks, mac book pro.
Colleagues aren't that helpful (especially from different teams). Everybody are scared for their own job.
Pros
good salary
Cons
plenty badly designed systems, people are scared to change and refactor code, SOA (microservices) approach in real time systems causes a lot of problems, micromanagement
fun place to work with great benefits
Premium Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 15, 2016
fun place to work with great benefits, awesome environment, great discounts and deals. Managers and teams were great, easiest job i ever had.
Local Culture Not Like Seattle
GCO (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 9, 2016
Pay is great and benefits are good, local HR and managers - not so much. Other sites have free soda, free snacks, and even free beer IN THE OFFICE on a regular basis. The Springfield site is very different, people have gotten fired for drinking in Springfield.
Expedia's Air Fulfillment Departement was the best.
Tier 4 Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2016
Expedia's Air Fulfillment Department provided the greates experience when it came to troubleshooting and resolving flight ticket reject issues.,
Concierge
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Customer service rep, sales rep. and leader. I helped take customers info and make leads sales. I picked up inbound calls and outbound calls. Goal setting and meetings
Pros
lots of perks
Cons
not organized
good company for balance life between work and family
SR Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 22, 2016
great place to work as family center person. Balance work and family life. You will be sure to have time to accompany with your value family members. Also you can improve your skill set in this company.
Pros
flexible working hours, balance stress in work
Cons
working environment, compensation
Good
Expedia Local Expert (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Good job to have but hard to move up. Many people have left due to not being able to obtain growth. I worked as a concierge with Expedia Local Expert. They are flexible with school which is good.
Great company to work for
Market Manger (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
Positive atmosphere to work for.
Company benefits include wellness benefits that promote a healthy lifestyle among their employees.
Wellness reimbursement should be provided by all employers to ensure their employees are productive.
Expedia was a productive and fun workplace environment
GSO Coordinator\Lodging Support Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
My typical work day included, but not limited to heavy telephone, customer service, data entry and invoicing. I learned a lot about marketing. Management was nice. There was a lot of room for promotion. During my stay at Expedia, I was promoted 3 times in 1 year. Co-workers were typical, some friendly, some not so friendly. The hardest part of the job was working on some Sundays. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from all over the country.
Pros
There was always free fresh fruit, apples, oranges, peaches, etc.
Cons
short breaks
Expedia
Cruise Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
This was a horrible company. The management you felt like you could be fired for the littlest thing. You walked on egg shells all the tome
easy work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2016
answering steady influx of calls for misbooked on website and fixing the problems
listening skills are needed
management is bad
coworkers are good
hardest part of job is when you can't fix a mistake a customer made
most enjoyable is when you can fix a customers mistake
Pros
free bagles on Friday
Cons
wages, benefits
Great
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Great company to work for! Lots of new technologies and open to growing horizontally or vertically within the company.
Great Insurance benefits
Cruise Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2015
When it came down to closing offices we where told our office was not going to be closed because MetLife needed a presence on the west coast. Nothing like giving it all to the company then finding out your job was going away to another brand new office back east ..
Pros
Benefits, we where like a family
Poor Training
Tier 3 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2015
I have been working in the customer service industry for almost 8 years and I found my experience at Expedia to be disheartening. Training was an absolute joke and the agents that are released to the floor are no where near ready to take calls. As a Tier 3 agent I feel we should have the knowledge to perform our job duties, especially since we are dealing with customers who have spent thousands of dollars. The lack of support from supervisors and leads is sad, they could careless if u fail or succeed until one of your actions cost the company money. Proper training helps build any successful company's foundation and without it you'll find that your costing yourself a lot of money correcting employee mistakes.
Pros
The pay, benefits
Cons
Training department, management, lack of support
Fun environment
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2015
Opportunity to provide customer service in my native language which is Portuguese and also in Spanish and English. I love the environment and the benefits.
Na
Tier II Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2015
Expedia is an internet travel company. They have great benefits with a yearly travel reimbursement program, and the people are great.
Great Company with Awesome benefits.
Market Associate (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 25, 2015
A life in the office, account management, partner relations, time management. Co-workers are awesome and the best part.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Distance from Home
Great job
Accounts Receivable Coordinator-Billing (Current Employee) –  Springfield MOSeptember 17, 2015
I love my job. The company is great to work for. I would recommend for anyone. The company does a lot of fun things for there employees to keep moral up and work days fun.