Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employer Reviews

Excellence in Pockets
Program Development & Management (Former Employee), Bellevue WAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: travel benefits, vacation time, relaxed culture
Cons: below mid-point pay
Some terrific people here but, like anywhere there are some subpar performers hiding out. Kind of a hesitant culture which is a bit of a disconnect from the CEO's risk appetite but meh, that's what happens down stream. I'd send my friends and family to work here.
Fast paced,entirely satisfying to complete issues for a customer
Customer Service Tier 3 (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 9, 2014
great co-workers
supportive team
hardest part of the job was the stress
most enjoyable part was to fulfill the customer's wishes on the call
Overall good company to work for
Financial Operations (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free food, benefits, team outings, flexible schedule
Cons: overtime alot, occurences, cliques
I loved working for Expedia. The really only thing about the company is there are a handful of people in high level management that really are terrible. They are VERY conservative and DO NOT respect anyone that disagrees with them or not like them. They will fire you or make it hard for you so you will leave. Which makes it hard on supervisors and managers, – more... because they are pressured. If those 2-3 people were gone it would be a almost perfect place to work at. – less
Productive and Fun Work Place
Senior Portfolio Management Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 8, 2014
I enjoyed spending the last 7 years at this company. They treat their employees very well and the benefits are amazing. Very relaxing work environment. Definitely not for someone that needs to be hand held. Very fast pace and constantly changing.
nice place
IT Security Strategy Analyst (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 7, 2014
Pros: free food most of the time
Excellent perks
Good work life balance
Easy going staff
Great work culture
Wonderful location
Fun while it lasted...
Brightware Agent (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 6, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: out-sourcing of jobs
A typical workday was very structured. You have specific times to break and to take lunch. I learned a lot about customer service and sales in this position. The management team was very reliable and available for the employees. My co-workers were very professional and did buy in to the team approach to getting the job done. I was promoted within six – more... months, and began to correspond via email with customers. This became more challenging due to having to address every issue in a written response. The most enjoyable part of the job was its stability, until I found out that my job was being shipped to El Salvador! – less
Productive and fun workplace
Lodging Support Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TxMay 5, 2014
Pros: free drinks, lunches, breakfast
Cons: stability, management issues
Everyday was mostly the same take calls and go home. Management was not a strong factor as it changed almost every month. Nothing was steady as far as Sups and leads. So I think that is why the environment was not as enjoyable and not so friendly cause you didn't know who would be over you the next day.
Expedia and its perks
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 2, 2014
A great work environment. Base plus commission job. Helping people get the best lodging accommodations all over the U.S and the World. With 240,000 hotels worldwide, their is definitely some interesting places that people go to travel. Their is nothing bad about my job, and more importantly I wish I was doing better at it, cause I can see it being a – more... very successful position. I'm just trying to keep my options open right now. Thanks – less
Great company to work for. Many incentives, and giveaways.
Cruise Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, free cruises, gift cards, cruise company lunches, etc
Cons: management, "unwritten rules", inconsistency, numerous changes, etc
Working for Expedia was a good experience and I took away a lot of knowledge that I did not know of before hand. The travel business is a great thing to be apart of. There is always something new you're learning about.
Associate System Administrator /Data Center Services
Associate System Administrator (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 23, 2014
Data Center Services work load can vary from day to day.

Excellent opportunity to learn hands on in an Enterprise level environment.
expedia. its a job
TRAVEL AGENT/SALES AGENT/PART TIME TRAINER (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 23, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: no chance of advancment
no chance of advancement, in the call center you cant move up.
One of the best jobs
Customer Service and Travel (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 22, 2014
Pros: travel and rewards
Great opportunites, a lot of advancement, fun people to work with and most times a positive experience with customers
Payment Services Coordinator
Payment Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible
Cons: short term assignment
• Responsible for day-to-day invoice receipt, processing of invoices, reconciliation and payment authorization functions for Expedia.com and Hotel.com reservations
• Processed a high volume of transactions in a timely, accurate and organized manner
• Researched discrepancies, determined course of action and provided data to Supplier Relations
Fun and Upbeat place
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 4, 2014
Pros: good hours, pay, friendly staff.
Cons: short or no breaks.
I was a server at Old Chicago and I loved my job! the management was great and always made sure things ran as they should. My co workers were also very fun to work with. I got a good amount of hours which can be hard in the service industry and really enjoyed it!
Depends What Team You Are On
Market Associate Las Vegas (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, excelent salaries, tons of travel opportunities
Cons: advancement only if you move and some teams lack professional management
Expedia, Inc. is a great company to work for with great salaries and benefits. The team you are on will make or break your experience at Expedia. Some teams are amazing while other produce a culture of favoritism, fakeness and sensitivity.

Also, there is plenty of advancement with the company but it often requires multiple moves both domestically and – more... internationally. If you don't want to move every year or two this is not the company for you. – less
Laid back and fun
Cruise Consultant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2014
Selling cruises for Expedia, Hotwire, and AARP, working with customer to resolve complaints and issues, money transactions over the phone, devolving relationships and repore with the customers.
Great Place to Work... But will have to work
Director (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: travel discounts
Cons: a lot of personal hours required
Company invest into their employees
A lot of personal time is need to complete job
Great benefits - health and travel
Sr. Leaders have a strong and passionate focus for success
General Manager
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2014
Directed North American operations for dynamic division of Expedia, Inc. Business owner with full P&L responsibility generating annual revenue. Exceeded plan by 45% during worst economic recession in decades. Increased EBITDA by YOY. Enriched 10 managers and influenced 120+ personnel.
Well run CS call center
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 23, 2014
Team leads were very helpful with any questions or issues that may arise. Very personable atmosphere.
Expedia is a high speed, Bleeding Edge Dot Com Environment
Network Tools Architect / Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, travel
A good working environment with excellent employees. Fast paced and always looking to improve it's self.

1 2 3 4 5

About Expedia, Inc.

As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we – Read more