Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Market Manger (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
Positive atmosphere to work for.
Company benefits include wellness benefits that promote a healthy lifestyle among their employees.
Wellness reimbursement should be provided by all employers to ensure their employees are productive.
Expedia was a productive and fun workplace environment
GSO Coordinator\Lodging Support Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
My typical work day included, but not limited to heavy telephone, customer service, data entry and invoicing. I learned a lot about marketing. Management was nice. There was a lot of room for promotion. During my stay at Expedia, I was promoted 3 times in 1 year. Co-workers were typical, some friendly, some not so friendly. The hardest part of the job was working on some Sundays. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from all over the country.
Pros
There was always free fresh fruit, apples, oranges, peaches, etc.
Cons
short breaks
Expedia
Cruise Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
This was a horrible company. The management you felt like you could be fired for the littlest thing. You walked on egg shells all the tome
easy work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2016
answering steady influx of calls for misbooked on website and fixing the problems
listening skills are needed
management is bad
coworkers are good
hardest part of job is when you can't fix a mistake a customer made
most enjoyable is when you can fix a customers mistake
Pros
free bagles on Friday
Cons
wages, benefits
Great
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Great company to work for! Lots of new technologies and open to growing horizontally or vertically within the company.
Great Insurance benefits
Cruise Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2015
When it came down to closing offices we where told our office was not going to be closed because MetLife needed a presence on the west coast. Nothing like giving it all to the company then finding out your job was going away to another brand new office back east ..
Pros
Benefits, we where like a family
Poor Training
Tier 3 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2015
I have been working in the customer service industry for almost 8 years and I found my experience at Expedia to be disheartening. Training was an absolute joke and the agents that are released to the floor are no where near ready to take calls. As a Tier 3 agent I feel we should have the knowledge to perform our job duties, especially since we are dealing with customers who have spent thousands of dollars. The lack of support from supervisors and leads is sad, they could careless if u fail or succeed until one of your actions cost the company money. Proper training helps build any successful company's foundation and without it you'll find that your costing yourself a lot of money correcting employee mistakes.
Pros
The pay, benefits
Cons
Training department, management, lack of support
Fun environment
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2015
Opportunity to provide customer service in my native language which is Portuguese and also in Spanish and English. I love the environment and the benefits.
NA
Tier II Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2015
Expedia is an internet travel company. They have great benefits with a yearly travel reimbursement program, and the people are great.
Great Company with Awesome benefits.
Market Associate (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 25, 2015
A life in the office, account management, partner relations, time management. Co-workers are awesome and the best part.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Distance from Home
Great job
Accounts Receivable Coordinator-Billing (Current Employee) –  Springfield MOSeptember 17, 2015
I love my job. The company is great to work for. I would recommend for anyone. The company does a lot of fun things for there employees to keep moral up and work days fun.
Tons of Fun, and plenty of Travel
Sales Supervisor/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 10, 2015
I spent 9 years at Expedia, and have never quite had the experience any where else I found there. It is absolutely one of the best ran, employee focused companies out there. A model for Corporate America at its best.
your co-workesr
Treasury Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 9, 2015
Company is surrounded with smart and intelligent people who are friendly and passionate about working in a collaborative environment.
A company that is doing some amazing work
DIRECTOR, UX, GLOBAL PRODUCT (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 2, 2015
A very innovative and fun place to work. Co-workers are smart and driven. Best in class product development. The culture can be tough - but you work hard and you play hard. Travel perks are a plus.
Growing too fast for current leadership
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MoAugust 31, 2015
Expedia is a great place to experience the growing pains of a rapidly expanding business. The company struggles to keep up with its growth and is very volatile as far as employment, but excellent as a growing company.
Pros
Excellent Work Environment, Great Benefits, Competitive Salary
Cons
Job Security, Leadership, Processes
Fun Work Place
Lead Partner Support Services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
This place is awesome, it really is work though. The location is nice, the people can be friendly, and there is ALWAYS food.
Pros
Potluck, pizza Fridays, compensation, other travelling benefits
Cons
Sometimes you are overlooked
Alright place to work
Lodging Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2015
Expedia is a alright place to work, the culture has changed a lot. It used to be faced paced and challenging but now it is slow pace and kind of boring.
Pros
Free Sodas
Cons
Favortism
Good benifits
Fulfillment Representative (Current Employee) –  las vegas nvJuly 22, 2015
Very busy phones taking to all kinds of people on a day to day basis. I have learned lite sales heavy escalations and how to handle extremely irate people. The management I good here I have never had a problem with any supervisor in my 3 years here, I get along with everyone I work with,
Pros
the pay and the people i work for
Cons
the shifts
Fun workplace, great benefits, HIGH expectations.
Associate Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
Expedia is a past-faced, ever-changing company. The benefits are wonderful and the employees are dynamic and colorful. The most difficult part of Market Management is the lack of training and lack of direction from your Superiors. You are thrown into your role and expected to know how to use the programs, where to find data, how to interpret data, what questions to ask, whom do you ask to answer those questions, etc. Also, 50% travel to your markets.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Training and Support.
Fun workplace with great teamwork
Relocation Agent / Lodging Operations (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 20, 2015
Management constantly trying to find ways to make work more fun while also providing help and guidance. The job itself can be stressful, but with a team that works together it is easy to overcome the scariest of situations.