Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Relaxed Work Enviornment
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJune 23, 2015
This is a great company to work for, great benefits, great employees. Management is excessive and promotes at times unobtainable goals.
Lots of global opportunity, great career development
Vendor Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 29, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: office at the old airport, travelers show up in error
This company is unique in Springfield in terms of its global footprint and the opportunities available. Tremendous benefits, exposure to myriad technologies, functions, and levels of leadership. Pay well beyond the norm for Springfield. Great place to start your career after college.
Fantastic place to work
Director, Air Operations (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 29, 2015
Flexible work/life balance. Outstanding, smart, people to work with in all groups. Variety of work and issues to work on and sense of accomplishment when completed.
Great Pay & Benefits
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 16, 2015
Amazing pay potential. Good working environment. Union job but lacks ability to make a difference. Company demands at times to strenuous.
good
Software DEV engineer (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 4, 2015
Over all the work experience with expedia was good. The management was typical, My team lead was not liberal in understanding the views of the coworkers, and was a little problamatic, But other then that everything was fine
Internship
Summer Associate, Global Marketing Finance (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 29, 2015
Had an amazing time, would love to work here full time! highly suggest.

Was able to work side-by-side with management and attending weekly meetings. At the end I had a great feel for what corp. world really was.
Great People - Great Company
Implementation Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free Soda, Great Culture, Lots of perks I am told great benefits as well.
Cons: Just a contractor.Some managers and teams are better than others.
I was only a contractor, but it is one of the best companies I have worked for! Really great culture and people in general. Very fun place to work - lots of perks! I would take a job here again in a heartbeat.
Horrible job culture and angry customers.
Corporate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2015
Customers are always angry and supervisors do their very least to help employees. Not a comfortable or inviting working environment.
My daily duties in Expedia
Contractor through Compucom (Former Employee), chandler AZMarch 25, 2015
• Lead role in controlling and managing data devices, set up maintenance schedules, distribution lists, set recovery and inventory procedures, group instructions on the applications of the devices, and software and hardware troubleshooting intiatives.
• Installed and reimaged servers, patch panels and switches
• Wired servers in racks and network cage
• Troubleshot Cat6/RJ45 connections along with data and fiber optics
• Software support initiatives as Systems Administrator
• Provided hardware voltage support along with network support
• Responsible for the tape library daily for remote site delivery and part inventory for the datacenter
• Installed wiring Cisco 6509 & Cisco 6513 routers, Citrix Terminal servers and associated peripheral components
Fun place to work, and great people
Collector (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Rewards for hard work
Cons: Little training
Fast pace, always busy. Great co-workers always willing to and support their co-workers. Rewarding the team members monthly when team goals are met.
Work experience depends upon location
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 16, 2015
The Springfield office does not have the same culture as other offices within the company. The office environment is more like a manufacturing facility than that of an administrative office.
No growth
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: travel, family time
Cons: complacent, no growth
If you are looking for growth, this company does not encourage it.

There is a great work life balance but you don't feel there is much more but flexibility.
Overview
Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: tech culture
Cons: canada is very different than us
worked in M&I which is in Canada, culture is way different than US. Not good. Love the Bellevue Culture. My director was an extreme micro manager, which I hated.
Great work enviroment and benifits
Lodging Support Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
Satisfy with the time I work for this company until they started to make drastic changes and made it very overwhelming. Company has great benefits and pay.
Productive and fun place to work with free drinks and a ping pong table.
Consultant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 26, 2015
I enjoy working with talented people at Expedia. The work place is a team environment and encourages everyone to participate in team discussions to share and implement ideas.
Decent Workplace with Good Benefits
Associate Product Marketing Manager, Europe (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Great benefits. Travel industry is always fun, but the luxury travel division lacks challenges for the average Silicon Valley employee.
LOVE my job!
Concierge, Expedia Local Expert (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: travel reimbursement, health and fitness reimbursement, performance-based incentives, great health benefits, wonderful management, good schedules, base pay as well as commission
Cons: inconsistent pay due to commission based pay structure
Expedia Local Expert could be one of the best jobs I have ever had. Working as a concierge, I have had the opportunity to meet many other fellow concierge as well as network with many partners in the hospitality and attractions field throughout Orlando. Expedia takes pride in making sure its employees feel they have the best job around, and most of us truly do. I've been able to experience some of the best restaurants and attractions Orlando has to offer due to my amazing job. I've also had access to travel and health & fitness reimbursement and great benefits. Our HR management does a really good job at selecting fellow concierge, because everyone seems so much like a family and generally gets along pretty well.

Management and leads are all supportive and there to help when you need them. A typical day at work could vary depending on your desk. Some desks act as the full hotel concierge, where others act solely as a ticketing desk, and some are a good mixture of the two. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping families to create their vacations and get the most value out of their time, and also all of the fun perks and events we have access to.

My only con would be that the pay can be inconsistent due to having a commission based pay structure. There is a great hourly base compared to other companies in the area, but it can be difficult during slow seasons when you aren't selling very much. Some people are more aggressive than others in sales, or located at desks with higher traffic/more morning shifts and there is definitely potential to make a lot of money so it's really hit or miss. ELE is a great company and definitely one of the best places to work!
Highly competitive, High Engergy
Associate Market Manager (Former Employee), FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great people, lots of opportunity
Cons: lots of conference calls and meetings which take up a lot of time and gets you off track.
Overall the company is excellent to work for with a lot of brilliant young people. Very results oriented. Recently they have acquired new employees to create a balance of personalities that are more than just your typical analytical report person and added sales and relationship oriented people to focus on new acquisition properties on the lodging side. Full reporting and chasing leads. Management is very focus on driving for results in during a very compressed market and seasonality, but they are about the people and continuous learning. Great people to work with.
Great team fast paced group.
Global Paid Search, Product Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 4, 2015
Great team environment.
International team based in Bellevue, London, Singapore & Australia. Internal and external projects to support SEM functionality for Expedia.
poor software environment
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 30, 2015
tasks were boring. weak planning, far from a commercial software shop. heavy on agile. manager is not experienced. culture is ok.

1 2 3 4 5

About Expedia, Inc.

As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we – Read more

Expedia, Inc. Salaries