Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great work enviroment and benifits
Lodging Support Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
Satisfy with the time I work for this company until they started to make drastic changes and made it very overwhelming. Company has great benefits and pay.
Productive and fun place to work with free drinks and a ping pong table.
Consultant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 26, 2015
I enjoy working with talented people at Expedia. The work place is a team environment and encourages everyone to participate in team discussions to share and implement ideas.
Decent Workplace with Good Benefits
Associate Product Marketing Manager, Europe (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Great benefits. Travel industry is always fun, but the luxury travel division lacks challenges for the average Silicon Valley employee.
LOVE my job!
Concierge, Expedia Local Expert (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: travel reimbursement, health and fitness reimbursement, performance-based incentives, great health benefits, wonderful management, good schedules, base pay as well as commission
Cons: inconsistent pay due to commission based pay structure
Expedia Local Expert could be one of the best jobs I have ever had. Working as a concierge, I have had the opportunity to meet many other fellow concierge as well as network with many partners in the hospitality and attractions field throughout Orlando. Expedia takes pride in making sure its employees feel they have the best job around, and most of us truly do. I've been able to experience some of the best restaurants and attractions Orlando has to offer due to my amazing job. I've also had access to travel and health & fitness reimbursement and great benefits. Our HR management does a really good job at selecting fellow concierge, because everyone seems so much like a family and generally gets along pretty well.

Management and leads are all supportive and there to help when you need them. A typical day at work could vary depending on your desk. Some desks act as the full hotel concierge, where others act solely as a ticketing desk, and some are a good mixture of the two. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping families to create their vacations and get the most value out of their time, and also all of the fun perks and events we have access to.

My only con would be that the pay can be inconsistent due to having a commission based pay structure. There is a great hourly base compared to other companies in the area, but it can be difficult during slow seasons when you aren't selling very much. Some people are more aggressive than others in sales, or located at desks with higher traffic/more morning shifts and there is definitely potential to make a lot of money so it's really hit or miss. ELE is a great company and definitely one of the best places to work!
Highly competitive, High Engergy
Associate Market Manager (Former Employee), FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great people, lots of opportunity
Cons: lots of conference calls and meetings which take up a lot of time and gets you off track.
Overall the company is excellent to work for with a lot of brilliant young people. Very results oriented. Recently they have acquired new employees to create a balance of personalities that are more than just your typical analytical report person and added sales and relationship oriented people to focus on new acquisition properties on the lodging side. Full reporting and chasing leads. Management is very focus on driving for results in during a very compressed market and seasonality, but they are about the people and continuous learning. Great people to work with.
Great team fast paced group.
Global Paid Search, Product Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 4, 2015
Great team environment.
International team based in Bellevue, London, Singapore & Australia. Internal and external projects to support SEM functionality for Expedia.
poor software environment
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 30, 2015
tasks were boring. weak planning, far from a commercial software shop. heavy on agile. manager is not experienced. culture is ok.
Fast pace company with progressive growth
Director, Internet Services (Current Employee), Remote Director working in OhioJanuary 20, 2015
Challenging, Global work environment. Travel is encouraged.
Technologies do not rock at the company
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 19, 2015
The company suffers from using the technologies from the time when they were part of MS. What that really means is that any change requires too much effort to implement.
Working from Home Isn't for Everyone
Content Editor (Contract) (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: satisfying work, flexible hours, at home
Cons: low pay, no life/work balance, no security or advancement
Working from home for low wages is probably an ideal assignment for someone with school-age kids and a spouse working outside of the home. I can't recommend it as a sole source of income for a single person like myself, except perhaps as a "from hunger" job to tide one over between higher-paying contracts at Amazon and Microsoft. But the contract-to-contract lifestyle can burn through one's financial resources rather quickly, so my advice is to always try for a full-time job, if you can find it. Also, unless you have phenomenal self-control, working from home tends to erode one's life-work balance. Hence, it loses one of the key selling points of contracting. It's low-wage office work outside of the office. That said: I did enjoy learning about far-flung hotels, editing hotel descriptions down to the simplest language, and the challenge of clearing a global or regional queue of requested edits in a set period of time. But it was a short, low-paid contract dangled between longer, more rewarding assignments.
productive work environment plus perks like free Starbucks coffee and a gameroom
Financial Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Springfild, MOJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free starbucks!!! game room great insurance
best job i ever had. the only reason i am leaving is because i want to move to Sedona AZ. I entered invoices for destination services, such as swimming with the dolphins and theatre tickets, as well as invoices for car rental and hotel stays. I also made suggestions for improvements for programs and processes and they were implemented.
Excellent work environment, great training oportunities
Customer Ops Support Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 3, 2015
Great company to work for, a little low on the pay scale however they offer great training opportunities. Staff is helpful and friendly. They want to work with you and help with your current job as well help get you into a job when your out of one.
Best Place I have ever worked
Lodging Support Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 16, 2014
Pros: everyone is caring, very professional
Cons: overnights can be very busy
I absolutely loved my job here. I wish I did not have to move in the fall of 2014 or I would have kept it forever,but things change. Defiantly is a wonderful place to work. I worked a day shift, and I still had time to do homework at my desk for school. Everyone was very understanding and always willing to help you out if you need it.
Great company to work for until we trained our replacements
Network /System Administrator (AWSA) (Former Employee), Phoenix AzDecember 15, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company immensely until we trained a NOC team in india and they promised our jobs were safe. Once we had the other team up and running they let all of the contractors go.
Productive and fun place of work
CustomerOps Support Analyst, Expedia Inc (Former Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 25, 2014
Being a part of a team that will handle 24x7 operational hours was fun and always a good challenge to accept.
Good job with unstable future
Sales (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 18, 2014
Pros: meet some new friends, good benefits, vacation time
Cons: crazy schedules, some managers are hard to deal with, always walking on egg shells
I had a good experience at this company as I did what was asked of me. You are graded by performance on quarterly basis and always reminded that the door to exit is right there. I've never seen a place where so many people come and go. Most people call it a Revolving Door. It often seems when you start to know someone they are let go. The company does not pay for holidays nor observe holidays. So you can bet you are working every holiday unless you're scheduled off. As a new person coming on you will almost always be working weekends and be ready to get up early. They do offer good benefits for employees. It was a good job selling travel.
Expedia
Cruise Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2014
A very time oriented company. Works with his employees, while keeping focused on the company.
Expedia
Cruise Specialist (Current Employee), Las VegasOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free specialty coffee and filtered water; travel benefits.
Extremely complex and frustrating job - especially for the money you earn. I have several years experience in the travel industry and have never worked in a company that had such poorly functioning operating systems. They also have no regard for potential worker's compensation claims. The desks are too small for the two very large screens you have to view on a continual basis; no wrist rest and no mouse pad, chairs don't adjust. Very uncomfortable for an 8 hour shift.

They also don't advise you the commission plan or work schedule until you have completed 6 weeks of training.
Good environment; however, they had too many management changes leading to unhappy employees
UAT Financial Business Analyst/Jr Project Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 22, 2014
Pros: team building and excellent benefits
Cons: management reorgs
A typical day at work would begin with the Project Manger, Developer, key stakeholder, or someone from the Engineer team contacting me regarding my part of the SCRUM process. I would write BRDs, user stories, and test case scenarios after meeting with the stakeholders and project group. Then, I would begin regression testing. I would perform a check and balance on my tests by writing my own SQL queries for a final outcome.

I learned a lot about SQL. Management began great, and then after several reorgs, management declined drastically. The co-workers were literally the best of the best. The hardest part of my job was knowing which boss to report to and when. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting or exceeding my deadlines and winning an award for saving the company money through one of my analytical findings.
Fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 16, 2014
I enjoyed my time there and there is much room for growth. If you do not have a family, get on board with them and take it wherever you want it to go...worldwide!

1 2 3 4 5

About Expedia, Inc.

As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we – Read more