Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Best Job I've Ever Had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Expedia. I loved helping people with their travel plans, assuring they'd have a wonderful time. I loved the Managers and my co-workers. The company itself actually cares about their employees. It's a great company to work for.
Improvements Needed
Senior Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2017
Work/Life Balance & Career development are a couple of the biggest issues for Expedia.

Dallas office does not have a ton of growth opportunities. You would pretty much need to be willing to relocate.
Good work-life balance
Lead Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 18, 2017
Good work-life balance, very interesting projects. Different technologies and tools. Some of team are working with cutting edge technologies and extremely interesting tasks.
Management help you to grow.
Training, social hours etc.
Young, informal casual environment.
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  EnglandAugust 17, 2017
Had a great placement.
Learnet dynamics of the leisure and travel industry.
Use of technology to grow revenue.
Learning is encouraged and lots of help and training to advance.
working in travel
Lead Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
it was a great place to work and i was able to travel for free or next to free. and great benifits as well as paid vacations. with much room for advancement
Pros
free travel
Cons
tough expectations
Work atmosphere
Tier III Customer Service Escalation (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
The best part of working at Expedia was your coworkers. Due to the lack of training and the inexperience of management we helped each other as much as possible. Truly a team effort for success and putting the customer first.
Pros
No perks here
Cons
Inexperienced and unprofessional managers
Customer Service Tier 1, online travel agency.
Customer Service Tier 1, online travel agency. (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 15, 2017
Expedia Inc. -Tacoma, WA.
Customer Service Tier 1, online travel agency.
Book vacations, modify trips for customers, change or cancel itineraries. Work directly with vendors, airlines, hotels, and car rental companies.
Awesome place to work for with great culture
Sr. Payment Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 14, 2017
Expedia is a great company to work for, if you have a family. Great work life balance and fun work culture. Benefits are in par with most tech giants in that area.
Great job
Call Center Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2017
The company is great to work for..... The benefits ate great... I would recommend Expedia to others looking for a awsome job...........................
Productive work schedule Offers Flex Scheduling
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 9, 2017
I am able to come into work using my Flex scheduling and not worry about my job and or family life. Expedia has a great work atmosphere and always engaged in advancement with in.
New division not sure where to go
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 8, 2017
8 hour day and was able to leave work at work.Changes in management as C-Level were shuffling and departing the division. Still had a Microsoft feel and experience.
Really enjoy working at this location
Hotel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 7, 2017
Closing hotel allotment/Inventory, etc. Book/change/cancel reservations for lodging properties and provide necessary follow through. Maintain and promote excellent client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to email and phone communications from lodging suppliers. A problem-solver who makes independent decisions, actively listens, and communicates clearly and concisely.
Pros
Perfect place to be employed
Cons
They relocated our jobs to Dallas
Fun place to work with lots of benefits
Inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 6, 2017
Good place to work I really enjoyed my time there. Workplace Culture is good. I worked in the inbound sales department and really enjoyed it. Hardest park of the job was keeping consistent pay
no job security and poor management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 31, 2017
Worked hard for everyday of the 3 yrs included my days off and was rewarded with layoff. Best thing was the benefits and the Wellness reimbursement that is provided to their employees..
Pros
Benefits and Health Wellness reimbursement
Cons
Poor management and promoting people not based on their skills and knowledge
Great enviroment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San salvadorJuly 31, 2017
I worked for an outsourcing company that handled Microsoft calls, the training was specialized and constant to make sure that we were providing a high standard service
great
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 26, 2017
It is a great place to work, I really enjoy my time here, they are fair and are very helpful with everything I have ever needed.the working environment is fantastic.
Very fun place to work at
Lodging Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2017
The job is extremely easy with good pay and excellent benefits. Potluck each month for bdays, baby showers, etc. Very fun and diverse group. Two 15 min breaks and a lunch break, the location of job is near by anything you can think of if you want to go out to eat during lunch.
Pros
Amazing benefits, free snacks, two 15 min breaks plus lunch, potlucks every month
Cons
Hard to advance
Great place to grow skill sets.
Analyst - Identity Access Management (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 12, 2017
Manage all aspects of requests using ticketing system SERVICE NOW – Responding to issues in Escalation queue, creating, modifying, and removing Active Directory access, as well as working in Exchange O365.

Followed access management requirements to ensure proper approvals are received and logged. Manage closing out of tickets with high quality and within Service Level.
Pros
Lot's of free lunches and potlucks
Cons
No parking.
Very fun place to work in
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 12, 2017
Making sure I provide excellent service for customers looking into having a wonderful cruise experience. Provided clients a detailed itinerary that will meet there needs. I learned building a trusting relationship can always bring a client right back. Workplace was fun and enjoyed helping clients with there dream cruise vacation. The hardest part was dealing with complaints bur most important ending of on good terms.i enjoyed and made sure i stayed on top of every client cruise experience from the beginning to the end .It was like being in paradise.
Pros
Free Cruise tickets
Cons
no cons available
Expedia Springfield Great Place to Work
Supervisor Global Cash Allocation (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 26, 2017
Expedia Springfield office is a great place to work. Great pay, benefits, culture. Definitely an amazing opportunity for new graduates and those ready to go global with their careers.
Pros
Great Pay/Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities unless willing to relocate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedia, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval