Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Horrible job culture and angry customers.
Corporate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2015
Customers are always angry and supervisors do their very least to help employees. Not a comfortable or inviting working environment.
My daily duties in Expedia
Contractor through Compucom (Former Employee), chandler AZMarch 25, 2015
• Lead role in controlling and managing data devices, set up maintenance schedules, distribution lists, set recovery and inventory procedures, group instructions on the applications of the devices, and software and hardware troubleshooting intiatives.
• Installed and reimaged servers, patch panels and switches
• Wired servers in racks and network cage
• Troubleshot Cat6/RJ45 connections along with data and fiber optics
• Software support initiatives as Systems Administrator
• Provided hardware voltage support along with network support
• Responsible for the tape library daily for remote site delivery and part inventory for the datacenter
• Installed wiring Cisco 6509 & Cisco 6513 routers, Citrix Terminal servers and associated peripheral components
Fun place to work, and great people
Collector (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Rewards for hard work
Cons: Little training
Fast pace, always busy. Great co-workers always willing to and support their co-workers. Rewarding the team members monthly when team goals are met.
Work experience depends upon location
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 16, 2015
The Springfield office does not have the same culture as other offices within the company. The office environment is more like a manufacturing facility than that of an administrative office.
No growth
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: travel, family time
Cons: complacent, no growth
If you are looking for growth, this company does not encourage it.

There is a great work life balance but you don't feel there is much more but flexibility.
Overview
Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: tech culture
Cons: canada is very different than us
worked in M&I which is in Canada, culture is way different than US. Not good. Love the Bellevue Culture. My director was an extreme micro manager, which I hated.
Great work enviroment and benifits
Lodging Support Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
Satisfy with the time I work for this company until they started to make drastic changes and made it very overwhelming. Company has great benefits and pay.
Productive and fun place to work with free drinks and a ping pong table.
Consultant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 26, 2015
I enjoy working with talented people at Expedia. The work place is a team environment and encourages everyone to participate in team discussions to share and implement ideas.
Decent Workplace with Good Benefits
Associate Product Marketing Manager, Europe (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Great benefits. Travel industry is always fun, but the luxury travel division lacks challenges for the average Silicon Valley employee.
LOVE my job!
Concierge, Expedia Local Expert (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: travel reimbursement, health and fitness reimbursement, performance-based incentives, great health benefits, wonderful management, good schedules, base pay as well as commission
Cons: inconsistent pay due to commission based pay structure
Expedia Local Expert could be one of the best jobs I have ever had. Working as a concierge, I have had the opportunity to meet many other fellow concierge as well as network with many partners in the hospitality and attractions field throughout Orlando. Expedia takes pride in making sure its employees feel they have the best job around, and most of us truly do. I've been able to experience some of the best restaurants and attractions Orlando has to offer due to my amazing job. I've also had access to travel and health & fitness reimbursement and great benefits. Our HR management does a really good job at selecting fellow concierge, because everyone seems so much like a family and generally gets along pretty well.

Management and leads are all supportive and there to help when you need them. A typical day at work could vary depending on your desk. Some desks act as the full hotel concierge, where others act solely as a ticketing desk, and some are a good mixture of the two. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping families to create their vacations and get the most value out of their time, and also all of the fun perks and events we have access to.

My only con would be that the pay can be inconsistent due to having a commission based pay structure. There is a great hourly base compared to other companies in the area, but it can be difficult during slow seasons when you aren't selling very much. Some people are more aggressive than others in sales, or located at desks with higher traffic/more morning shifts and there is definitely potential to make a lot of money so it's really hit or miss. ELE is a great company and definitely one of the best places to work!
Highly competitive, High Engergy
Associate Market Manager (Former Employee), FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great people, lots of opportunity
Cons: lots of conference calls and meetings which take up a lot of time and gets you off track.
Overall the company is excellent to work for with a lot of brilliant young people. Very results oriented. Recently they have acquired new employees to create a balance of personalities that are more than just your typical analytical report person and added sales and relationship oriented people to focus on new acquisition properties on the lodging side. Full reporting and chasing leads. Management is very focus on driving for results in during a very compressed market and seasonality, but they are about the people and continuous learning. Great people to work with.
Great team fast paced group.
Global Paid Search, Product Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 4, 2015
Great team environment.
International team based in Bellevue, London, Singapore & Australia. Internal and external projects to support SEM functionality for Expedia.
poor software environment
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 30, 2015
tasks were boring. weak planning, far from a commercial software shop. heavy on agile. manager is not experienced. culture is ok.
Fast pace company with progressive growth
Director, Internet Services (Current Employee), Remote Director working in OhioJanuary 20, 2015
Challenging, Global work environment. Travel is encouraged.
Technologies do not rock at the company
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 19, 2015
The company suffers from using the technologies from the time when they were part of MS. What that really means is that any change requires too much effort to implement.
Working from Home Isn't for Everyone
Content Editor (Contract) (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: satisfying work, flexible hours, at home
Cons: low pay, no life/work balance, no security or advancement
Working from home for low wages is probably an ideal assignment for someone with school-age kids and a spouse working outside of the home. I can't recommend it as a sole source of income for a single person like myself, except perhaps as a "from hunger" job to tide one over between higher-paying contracts at Amazon and Microsoft. But the contract-to-contract lifestyle can burn through one's financial resources rather quickly, so my advice is to always try for a full-time job, if you can find it. Also, unless you have phenomenal self-control, working from home tends to erode one's life-work balance. Hence, it loses one of the key selling points of contracting. It's low-wage office work outside of the office. That said: I did enjoy learning about far-flung hotels, editing hotel descriptions down to the simplest language, and the challenge of clearing a global or regional queue of requested edits in a set period of time. But it was a short, low-paid contract dangled between longer, more rewarding assignments.
productive work environment plus perks like free Starbucks coffee and a gameroom
Financial Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Springfild, MOJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free starbucks!!! game room great insurance
best job i ever had. the only reason i am leaving is because i want to move to Sedona AZ. I entered invoices for destination services, such as swimming with the dolphins and theatre tickets, as well as invoices for car rental and hotel stays. I also made suggestions for improvements for programs and processes and they were implemented.
Excellent work environment, great training oportunities
Customer Ops Support Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 3, 2015
Great company to work for, a little low on the pay scale however they offer great training opportunities. Staff is helpful and friendly. They want to work with you and help with your current job as well help get you into a job when your out of one.
Best Place I have ever worked
Lodging Support Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 16, 2014
Pros: everyone is caring, very professional
Cons: overnights can be very busy
I absolutely loved my job here. I wish I did not have to move in the fall of 2014 or I would have kept it forever,but things change. Defiantly is a wonderful place to work. I worked a day shift, and I still had time to do homework at my desk for school. Everyone was very understanding and always willing to help you out if you need it.
Great company to work for until we trained our replacements
Network /System Administrator (AWSA) (Former Employee), Phoenix AzDecember 15, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company immensely until we trained a NOC team in india and they promised our jobs were safe. Once we had the other team up and running they let all of the contractors go.

1 2 3 4 5

About Expedia, Inc.

As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we – Read more

Expedia, Inc. Salaries