Expedia, Inc.

Expedia, Inc. Employer Reviews

Associate System Administrator /Data Center Services
Associate System Administrator (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 23, 2014
Data Center Services work load can vary from day to day.

Excellent opportunity to learn hands on in an Enterprise level environment.
expedia. its a job
TRAVEL AGENT/SALES AGENT/PART TIME TRAINER (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 23, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: no chance of advancment
no chance of advancement, in the call center you cant move up.
One of the best jobs
Customer Service and Travel (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 22, 2014
Pros: travel and rewards
Great opportunites, a lot of advancement, fun people to work with and most times a positive experience with customers
Payment Services Coordinator
Payment Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch, flexible
Cons: short term assignment
• Responsible for day-to-day invoice receipt, processing of invoices, reconciliation and payment authorization functions for Expedia.com and Hotel.com reservations
• Processed a high volume of transactions in a timely, accurate and organized manner
• Researched discrepancies, determined course of action and provided data to Supplier Relations
Fun and Upbeat place
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 4, 2014
Pros: good hours, pay, friendly staff.
Cons: short or no breaks.
I was a server at Old Chicago and I loved my job! the management was great and always made sure things ran as they should. My co workers were also very fun to work with. I got a good amount of hours which can be hard in the service industry and really enjoyed it!
Depends What Team You Are On
Market Associate Las Vegas (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, excelent salaries, tons of travel opportunities
Cons: advancement only if you move and some teams lack professional management
Expedia, Inc. is a great company to work for with great salaries and benefits. The team you are on will make or break your experience at Expedia. Some teams are amazing while other produce a culture of favoritism, fakeness and sensitivity.

Also, there is plenty of advancement with the company but it often requires multiple moves both domestically and – more... internationally. If you don't want to move every year or two this is not the company for you. – less
Laid back and fun
Cruise Consultant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2014
Selling cruises for Expedia, Hotwire, and AARP, working with customer to resolve complaints and issues, money transactions over the phone, devolving relationships and repore with the customers.
Great Place to Work... But will have to work
Director (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: travel discounts
Cons: a lot of personal hours required
Company invest into their employees
A lot of personal time is need to complete job
Great benefits - health and travel
Sr. Leaders have a strong and passionate focus for success
General Manager
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2014
Directed North American operations for dynamic division of Expedia, Inc. Business owner with full P&L responsibility generating annual revenue. Exceeded plan by 45% during worst economic recession in decades. Increased EBITDA by YOY. Enriched 10 managers and influenced 120+ personnel.
Well run CS call center
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 23, 2014
Team leads were very helpful with any questions or issues that may arise. Very personable atmosphere.
AF was a good time
Financial Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), LouisianaFebruary 20, 2014
Felt good to serve my country. Benefits are great and the friendships you make last forever.
Expedia is a high speed, Bleeding Edge Dot Com Environment
Network Tools Architect / Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, travel
A good working environment with excellent employees. Fast paced and always looking to improve it's self.
Political and No Career Path
Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: some nice individuals
Cons: elitist environment and no career path
If you work in Dallas at Hotels.com, be ready for cliques, politics and no career path unless you want to move to London or Bellevue. There are good individuals at the staff level, but the leadership is elitist because most of them are former consultants and the only people they hire are more consultants who have to come from top tier schools or else – more... they cannot do the job. If you interview there, get ready for case study style interviews like you would see at Bain, McKinsey, BCG, etc.

The 5th floor employees, in general, look down on the 6th floor employees because they are the call center. To be fair, some of the employees in the call center should represent themselves better, but it is clearly understood and stated that if there is a job opportunity on the 5th floor, they will never consider anyone from the call center. – less
Informative
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2014
Very informative about the cruise market. It was amazing to learn the ins and outs of the different cruise lines, how they work, where the go and what to expect on the cruise line and their destinations.
Great company
Local Expert- Concierge Services (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great environment and training
Cons: very large company and frequent changes in management
Very organized and well managed company with wonderful benefits and enjoyable environment to work. Lots of fun interacting with travelers on a daily basis. Company was always keeping us up to date and knowledgeable on new attractions and hot spots in the area so we were confident in our ability to sell it to our guests/customers with ease.
I gradually went down hill and became a nightmare.
Telesales Agent (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: meeting some awesome people
Cons: pretty much everything else at the end there
Coworkers and I would come in everyday loving it. After pay cuts and managerial switches to make it impossible to even use the restroom once a day (2 minute max on RR breaks all day), we just got sick of it. I think there's maybe 7 people I know left of nearly 100 that I knew whom worked there when I did.
Toxic work environment
In Bound Call Center Sales and Service Cruises (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: overly big brother management and company
Call after call all day long, distracting work environment, little management support. Nothing enjoyable about this job.
great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2013
• Picked up incoming calls for Cruises
• Booked cruises, airline, rental cars, hotels and excursions.
• Booked over a Million Dollars in less than 12months.
• Input data into excel keeping track of all sales.
No development
International Receivables Supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 19, 2013
Pros: good location
Cons: no development
No development opportunities. Micro managed the department. Little accountability and inconsistent standards held. Not overly stressful but not fulfilling.
Interesting and fun place to work until I got laid off
Supplier Relations Tier 3 Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2013
Worked in the Supplier Relations department where I researched and resolved payment questions and issues for vendors and managers.

Learned how to effectively handle payment issues for hotel vendors around the world.

About Expedia, Inc.

As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we – Read more