Expedia, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace
Corporate Supervisor Tier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2016
Excellent place of employment. Able to use travel benefits to see the world and also learn many different levels to travelling
Expedia's Air Fulfillment Departement was the best.
Tier 4 Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2016
Expedia's Air Fulfillment Department provided the greates experience when it came to troubleshooting and resolving flight ticket reject issues.,
fun place to work with great benefits
Premium Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 15, 2016
fun place to work with great benefits, awesome environment, great discounts and deals. Managers and teams were great, easiest job i ever had.
Poor Training
Tier 3 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2015
I have been working in the customer service industry for almost 8 years and I found my experience at Expedia to be disheartening. Training was an absolute joke and the agents that are released to the floor are no where near ready to take calls. As a Tier 3 agent I feel we should have the knowledge to perform our job duties, especially since we are dealing with customers who have spent thousands of dollars. The lack of support from supervisors and leads is sad, they could careless if u fail or succeed until one of your actions cost the company money. Proper training helps build any successful company's foundation and without it you'll find that your costing yourself a lot of money correcting employee mistakes.
Pros
The pay, benefits
Cons
Training department, management, lack of support
Expedia - People
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 7, 2016
Face-paced environment with good people to work with. Stand out individuals within the organization. Benefits and perks are great.
concierge
Local Expert Concierge (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2016
Expedia is one of the most amazing Jobs I have ever Had. They treat their employees like true royalty. good vibes and great times.
Exciting work
Sr. Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 17, 2016
The work was exciting. A good place for someone to grow/learn. Hardest part was unsupportive leadership in Global Customer Ops group.
Excellent benefits
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 12, 2016
Expedia is a wonderful company to work for. Great enviroment. Excellent benefits. The harder your work the more money you'll get paid.
Good
Expedia Local Expert (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Good job to have but hard to move up. Many people have left due to not being able to obtain growth. I worked as a concierge with Expedia Local Expert. They are flexible with school which is good.
Great Insurance benefits
Cruise Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2015
When it came down to closing offices we where told our office was not going to be closed because MetLife needed a presence on the west coast. Nothing like giving it all to the company then finding out your job was going away to another brand new office back east ..
Pros
Benefits, we where like a family
Expedia
Cruise Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
This was a horrible company. The management you felt like you could be fired for the littlest thing. You walked on egg shells all the tome
Helping Customers to plan and get the trips and vacations they wanted.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 11, 2016
I loved the work and enjoyed helping customers plan trips and vacations. Expedia provided excellent training and resources for the work.

As an self-employed consultant, I could work the hours I wanted and use the resources for personal use to gain experience and the knowledge needed. I liked the owner of the franchise very much and we got along very well.

The customers I had, seemed to be very satisfied with my assistance and a few did repeat business with me.

We advertised, had booths at a Bridal Show and Home Shows to try to get additional business. I did follow up with people who had showed an interest at the shows, but it generated very little work. Plus our location had very little walk in business. I wasn't pushy enough to get the business needed to be able to support myself.

I hated to leave, but I had to find work that would pay my living expenses. I did try to continue doing this after I had found full time work, but the call center work was too exhausting to manage it.
Pros
Learning all phases of travel, using the information gathered to help customers to take the trips they wanted.
Cons
Pay was strictly on commission only, I wasn't pushy enough to keep customers wanting to continue using me for their travel agent
Growing too fast for current leadership
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MoAugust 31, 2015
Expedia is a great place to experience the growing pains of a rapidly expanding business. The company struggles to keep up with its growth and is very volatile as far as employment, but excellent as a growing company.
Pros
Excellent Work Environment, Great Benefits, Competitive Salary
Cons
Job Security, Leadership, Processes
Great
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Great company to work for! Lots of new technologies and open to growing horizontally or vertically within the company.
Fun workplace, great benefits, HIGH expectations.
Associate Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
Expedia is a past-faced, ever-changing company. The benefits are wonderful and the employees are dynamic and colorful. The most difficult part of Market Management is the lack of training and lack of direction from your Superiors. You are thrown into your role and expected to know how to use the programs, where to find data, how to interpret data, what questions to ask, whom do you ask to answer those questions, etc. Also, 50% travel to your markets.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Training and Support.
Sales Agent
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  SpringfieldJuly 19, 2015
As a sales agent for Expedia I answer phone calls and sell hotel rooms. I love interacting and talking with people from all walks of life. Every call is different and I find joy in fixing problems or finding the nest solution. What i've learned most about working for Expedia is patience but also boldness. Since it is a sales job the end goal is making the sale. The hardest part of the job for me is isolation, even though I talk to people on the phone all day, I never have time to interact with anyone around me and that bums me out. I life interacting and getting to know coworkers.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
isolation
Fun environment
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2015
Opportunity to provide customer service in my native language which is Portuguese and also in Spanish and English. I love the environment and the benefits.
My experience
Lodging Support Service Specialist tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2015
I work in a call center assisting customer, vendor with day to day issues including trouble shooting services. Hi-volume call center , I have definitely learned how to work with numerous outlets via internet and technical devices. My co-workers are amazing people , we work as a team. Those calls could be very time consuming and difficult but we have a instant message program that reaches all across the world so we can reach other co-workers around the planet with questions . Saturdays at work are a joy we work but we also get a lot of time to enjoy each other and take a mini break from things.
Pros
travel programs
Cons
Mirco management of our time
Tons of Fun, and plenty of Travel
Sales Supervisor/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 10, 2015
I spent 9 years at Expedia, and have never quite had the experience any where else I found there. It is absolutely one of the best ran, employee focused companies out there. A model for Corporate America at its best.
Good benifits
Fulfillment Representative (Current Employee) –  las vegas nvJuly 22, 2015
Very busy phones taking to all kinds of people on a day to day basis. I have learned lite sales heavy escalations and how to handle extremely irate people. The management I good here I have never had a problem with any supervisor in my 3 years here, I get along with everyone I work with,
Pros
the pay and the people i work for
Cons
the shifts