EPLG has a great opportunity for an experienced Load Planner /Dispatcher familiar with geographical freight flows and market conditions. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You must be able to manage multiple projects at one time and work effectively with both direct and in-direct reporting relationships. The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with company drivers, multiple load boards, freight brokers, and end user customers. Load planners must be in tune with Hours of Service laws, DOT rules and regulations, and all things safety-related.
- Utilize network balance capacity tools to determine location of trucks and available customer loads; tailor planning to meet area needs. Understand daily capacity needs/opportunities and pro-actively communicate to appropriate leadership.
- Effectively manage the coordination and scheduling of drivers and equipment for maximum utilization, while meeting and exceeding the service needs of EPLG patrons.
- Take orders, schedule loads, and dispatch loads for customers and our sister company
- Manage driver scheduling and load dispatching with focus on efficiency, cost effectiveness, customer service and compliance.
- Assign system freight and adhere to the planning and scheduling protocol in accordance with the SOP
- Responsible for the booking of loads, the successful dispatch of planned loads and subsequent ownership of loads for assigned area.
- Communicate with EPLG management and contracted freight to resolve rate issues, logistics, and any other issues related to delivery and service.
- Partner with Management to enforce any necessary disciplinary action for the drivers.
- Continually exceed our customer's expectations by performing and executing hassle free transportation services, on time, every time.
- Determine available drivers ensuring hours of work availability, and selects power and trailer equipment to properly handle orders
- Identify planning and scheduling issues and discuss resolution with management
- Possesses and demonstrates the ability to perform assigned tasks in a manner that adheres to the companies Safety, Health, Environmental and Security policies
- Fully utilizes all available capacity for customer benefits
- Assist with collecting load documents as needed
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Familiarity with any or all of the following load boards is a plus: Panther, Penske, Menlo, NLM, NLMI, Landstar, Ryder, Expeditors, Active Aero, YRC logistics.
Analytical; logical thinker with ability to think two steps ahead and successfully analyze different pieces of information and put them together like a puzzle; ability to influence others; ability to communicate well with others; ability to transfer knowledge; ability to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and to improve processes to obtain and maintain quality results; ability to solve problems and work in high pressure situations; ability to take direction from leaders; detail oriented; computer/keyboarding skills; knowledge of the transportation industry preferred. Negotiating skills are preferred.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation & PTO
- Weekly pay W/Direct Deposit