Expeditors International of Washington

Expeditors International of Washington Employer Reviews

Great Logistics Company
Promotion - Ocean Export Lead (Former Employee), Seatac, WANovember 18, 2013
Great security and benefits but not the best work/life balance.
Best work experience I've had
Local IT / Administrative Support (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great atmosphere, benefits
Cons: n/a
-Most popular employee always socializing and keeping smiles on everyone's face
-New day New experience
-More than just co-workers, everyone was family
-Great boss
Great benefits and excellent management
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
Terrific career company to work for. People were fun, company provided several employee appreciation days. Continuous educational programs were key to making the job fulfilling.
Great Job. Great company.
U.S. Customs Import Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great computer / communication systems.
Cons: don't like the way it ended.
It was all logistics and Customs Brokerage. Fast Paced and very challenging. When I left Exel Global Logistics, the account I was handling moved with me to Expeditors. (Hon Hai / Foxconn / Cisco). Expeditors had state of the art communications, and top drawer employees. They only hired the best. I was ecstatic I was part of the team! My typical day – more... was Customs clearance of urgent air freight, followed by Ocean Customs Clearances, followed by dispatch of (now) domestic delivery to consignee. The volume of Hon Hai / Foxconn / Cisco freight went thru the roof! I was given assistants to help with the volume. I personally trained each of the six assistants I gained over the three years I was working there. Yes... I loved working at Expeditors Int'l. of Washington. – less
Customer Service Oriented, Metric Driven
District Sales Executive (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits, 401k, fuel reimbursement
Cons: lack of managerial training, poor managerial supplemental training for new hires, low branch morale, operational redundancies, micromanagement
The company implements a wide variety of KPI's to ensure quality of customer service. All employees are required to undergo continuous monthly training that exceeds the industry average in order to remain current with industry information.

A typical day involves constant prospecting, meetings/follow up with target customers and communications with – more... other branches for pricing and any past/existing customer relationship information.

The most difficult aspect of this position is effectively and efficiently managing the responsibilities. Misinformation and misdirection leads to duplication of tasks.

Co-workers are pleasant to work with. However, there is one who drives down morale and has explicitly emphasized the preference to influence both the professional and personal lives of colleagues. – less
Bad Management, hours and work/life balance
Operations Agent (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAApril 16, 2013
Pros: coworkers -- some
Cons: management, pay, work/life balance
Expect monthly meetings informing you of how much profit the branch makes all the while no one except management is getting bonuses. Expect to work practically overnight to ensure that your work gets done if you work swing/night.
Reputable Company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 12, 2013
Pros: career growth
Cons: too corporate and regimented
I learned a lot at Expeditors- one of the first times experiencing true corporate America. I learned business processes, global logistics, systems, accounting processes, and special projects. It was very hands on and opportunities of growth were available. I felt that this company shaped me to become the professional that I am today.
Very conservative company with good job security
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: ability to buy stock
Cons: low pay (relative to the market), inflexible working options, culture
Working for Expeditors, you'll know exactly what you're getting. The job expectations are made clear from Day 1, including dress code, work culture, and office appearance. It's an old boys network that relies on nepotism and they're not going to change anytime soon. Advancement comes with hard work, however, advancement also comes by knowing the right – more... person or being related to the right person.

Expeditors has been on a hiring freeze for the past few years which has seemed to limit innovation, especially in the IS department. Kind of ironic, especially in Seattle where it seems as if every other company can't hire developers fast enough. Not a bad place to work, but the salary, benefits, vacation are not on par with other Seattle companies. No option to work from home, flex time, etc. – less
Good working environment and pleasant co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Miami, FlDecember 17, 2012
Pros: good working environment, stress-free.
Cons: no health insurance nor benefits
I was hired through a staffing agency. I've been working as a temporary employee for the last year. It is a very good company to work for. I am happy working there but unfortunately i am not working directly for this company, which in effect keeping me away from the benefits that this company offers.
incredible employer!!!!
International Accounting Senior (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 28, 2012
I wish that I could have stayed at Expeditors but we moved to central washington... can't do the 115 mile commute each day
Professional & respectful work environment
Air Export Agent / Customer Service (Current Employee), Peabody, MANovember 8, 2012
Management strives to promote from within while promoting customer satisfaction is top priority.
Dream Company to work for.
Domestic Cargo Services Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 13, 2012
Pros: company values their employees.
I would still be there if the US would of not gone into the recession. I spent 11 yrs there.
not big pay, not great management
Account Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2012
not big pay, not great management. not a lot of young people, you have to play a lot of games for advancement but if you play those well, you'll grow fast.
Highly qualified managment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 14, 2012
Pros: best technology used, highly knowledgeable seniors
Cons: less salary, must be running not walking, must be on top of work
Great company to work with. Best competitive market training offered.Highly controlled internal office politics made working here more peaceful and exiting.
Great place to work!
DFW (Former Employee), Customer serviceNovember 9, 2011
Pros: great work incentives
Cons: political world
Great place really enjoyed it, however the politics there is in full force its a dog eat dog world if you perform you are rewarded however you typically have to step on someone elses toes.
工作环境舒适