Expeditors Employee Reviews

Strong Corporate Culture. Very Professional and Prideful Company.
Intern, IT Administrator, Customs Brokerage Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJuly 23, 2017
Large Corporation with a small business/blue collar mindset.
52 hrs of mandatory company training required. Great Culture. Nice benefits. Most enjoyable part of the job is the open door policy.
Pros
The Annual Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
Not very much vacation given
Compañerismo y trabajo en equipo
data enterning (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TexasJuly 19, 2017
logista de las importaciones aprendizaje con revision de facturas de dichas importaciones.
Pros
la ubicacion de la warehouse
Cons
incompleta la jornada semanal eran solo 37 hrs promedio
Cubicle workplace with an older feel
Transcon Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2017
As a recent grad, it is hard to grasp the older culture that Expeditors has. It has a great work culture, coworkers are all great and goofy but is difficult to connect with someone around my age because of the age difference.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
pay
stressful work environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 17, 2017
no flexibility for the employees , management in full control over the employees, very stressfull and pressured manager hierarchies. no compensation for non exempt employees
A good place to learn
Operations (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 6, 2017
Expeditors is a good place to learn in the logistics industry. The benefit's package is very good when compared to the industry overall, however the pay is typically fairly low and inconsistent from employee to employee with no real discernible reason for the inconsistency.
They don't seem to value substance, focusing instead on their corporate hype. Hype is great, and boy do they have it, but words are just words if there are no actions to back them. I spent far too long with them to ultimately realize that they simply don't value the things that I value. Still, I can say that I did learn a lot.
If you hire in and find yourself on the promotion track within three to five years, great. If you don't, I would take what you've learned and move on. They seem to care most about flash and the ability to BS your way through sticky situations rather than actually address problems and work to solve them. They leave you hanging, and that get's hard to take after awhile.
Pros
Benefits, Learning Industry
Cons
High stress, low reward, lack of growth, lack of substance
An OK place to work at.
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hidalgo, TXJuly 5, 2017
At Expeditors I was in charge of the whole accounting department which included: Accounts Payable, Receivables, Payroll, Collections, Reconciliation, Bucket reconciliations, Billing, Overseas billing/reconciliation, P&L. Being able to respond to all inquiries within the company as well of with any government agencies. I was also able to assist in their weekly visits to their customers in Mexico since I'm fully bilingual and was able to do presentations for them as well.
Pros
Great challenges / rewarding experience
Cons
Very long hours since I was the only one managing the accounting department
Good People, Benefits But There are Always Cons
District Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 3, 2017
I am a DSE.

Pros:
only have to come to the office 2 days a week; Monday and Friday and even that isn't very strictly enforced.
TUE-THU you are not expected to be in the office, but to be cold calling, territory scouting, going to appts, etc. the expectation is at least 4 calls a day.
Great team, nice management.
Gas,tolls cell paid

Cons:
Constant visitors to the branch you are expected to pickup/drop off from the airport and fill your days with calls to take them to.
high quota limit that is managed in a computer system that is scrutinized over by management.
all numbers driven
very "what have you done for me lately"
sneaky, guerilla warfare-like tactics to muscle your way into the door of prospective customers encouraged/praised.
Very stiff feeling. Everyone just sits in silence all day
Ocean Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 29, 2017
Culture is very nice. Everyone is super friendly.
A typical day consists on coming in, doing emails, and then filling out paperwork the rest of your day with the occasional phone call to break up the time.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Terrible pay
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJune 29, 2017
• Warehouse Unloading and loading of shipment from Fed Ex, UPS Ordering, organizing, scanning, shrink-wrapping of shipment.
Dealt with customer inquiries and complaints in polite and efficient manner.
Order Management Manager / Google Onsite (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 27, 2017
Upper management vision and reality not aligned with mid level managers. At times structure of how the company and onsite structure is confusing. Working onsite at Google is stressful but very rewarding at the same time. Learning more of the tech industry and bringing my freight forwarding experience is a big plus in my advancement.
Overall not a bad starter
Ocean Import Agent (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 22, 2017
The atmosphere is good. However, within this large company you get the feeling of being just a number. You are easily replaceable and they make sure you know it. Low pay. Good experience though.
Expeditors is a secure and friendly workplace.
Warehouse Agent (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJune 17, 2017
I believe in the company Expeditors International. The work environment is clean and professional with safety as priority. The benefits are great as well.
Outdated culture, below average pay
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2017
Good place to start your career but not a good place to stay for too long.

They have a very old school culture that they refuse to give up on that involves everyone wearing a suit and tie, even the IT department. This hurts them because they are unable to attract fresh new talent. The people that stick around are generally the incompetent ones with little other career prospects.

Management is very slow to make decisions and reluctant to enact change. They also refuse to spend money and resources on needed infrastructure and technology.
Great place, great environment
Import Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 3, 2017
Pleasure to work for this company, wish I would have found them sooner. Co-workers are always more than willing to help and lend their expertise. Never a dull moment.
Pros
Great growth potential, training is top notch
Cons
Heavier work loads compared to comparable companies
Export Agent
Customer Service Air Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 1, 2017
Amazing work culture. Everyone helps one another and the atmosphere is very positive. However, the pay is very low thus causing a very high turn-over rate.
Secured Job but not good pay
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2017
Certain management can be a little hard, but over all a good company to work for. The pay is the lowest in the industry but they believe to make it up with the benefits offered.
great work environment
warehouse agent (Current Employee) –  Folsom, PAMay 31, 2017
a fast paced working environment. a great place to work and the culture in the workplace is great. the management in this office keeps every employee working hard and motivated.
Very productive and a lot of physical working
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2017
I had a great experience at Expeditors because of both my boss and co-workers setting a very comfortable environment with very helpful and kind people. Although the work load can get physically tiring at times, our boss made sure we had scheduled breaks so it was nothing I could not handle.
Productive, wonderful, and amazing work place culture
Domestic Cargo Services Agent / Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2017
The best company I ever worked for. They value their employees, they make sure they are well taken care of. With all the tools and training necessary to perform their task well and with competence. They have employee appreciation days, they are an incredible company to work for.
Pros
They set their employees for sucess, pay well, healthcare
Cons
On call 24-7
Balanced Company
Brokerage Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
Working here was great learning tool for me. I was well trained and was able to work at my own pace. Expeditors is a well balanced company and a great company to work for.
Pros
Great work space
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expeditors. Our community is ready to answer.