Experian

Experian United States Employee Reviews

Friendly enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Allen, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Computer lab, game and relaxtion room and twice a week free fruit and granola bars.
Cons: Sitting for 9 hours daily.
I've learned how to be a great customer representative by listening to the customer needs. Helping to solve problems. Each day I assist customers with log in issues and password resets. I greet new and existing customers daily. I educate and enroll new customers into identity theft protection plans daily.
Lacks innovation and secure working envirornment.
Director, Client Services - Experian Affinity Team (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 30, 2015
Overall the company has good people, however the environment is very political and does not feel very progressive. Company upper management lacks insight and forward thinking.
Foosball tables and computers in the breakroom
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Allen, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: assisting customers with fraud issues.
Cons: little chance to transfer into different departments
Great bunch of people. I learned a great deal of what constitutes a good credit score and how long bad and good reports stay on your credit report. So much breach occurs in daily.
customer service rep experience
Special Accounts Representative (Current Employee), Allen, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: i made it work around my school schedule and the insurance was really good
Cons: extremely high turnover rate fr a reason
It's a small customer service center so there's not much room for advancement. it's good for a temporary transition until you find something else. they started at 13 and they don't do bonuses.
Top heavy environment; lots of managers that don't know the products
SQA (Current Employee), TXMarch 13, 2015
Offices include lot of managers, some which have no idea how the products work that they are in charge of.

The work environment is somewhat flexible in that you can work from home if you need to but you still need to come into the office some...this depends on your manager.
Productive and fun with a ping pong table
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches once we've reached the goals for collections
Cons: layoffs
Productive and challenging everyday at Experian. There are new products from the new acquisitions that it's been challenging to learn. I've enjoyed working at Experian very much since there are different activities and events for the holidays.
Plenty of room for advancement
Database Analyst/ Senior Database Specialist (Former Employee), Schaumburg IlMarch 6, 2015
Pros: coworkers were great
Cons: company grew to fast
Was a great place to work with great people. Original company was bought out by Experian who started buying up a lot of small to mid size direct mail companies which caused a lot of people to lose their jobs when the market slowed down.
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2015
Most inbound call center, great knowledge of the credit aspect. I enjoy my co-workers very much we have became really close.
A workplace that allows some free thinking and challenges one to work smart.
Director of Strategy (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 5, 2015
Experian can be rewarding to one's career as long and they work hard, not just at their assigned role, but at networking through the ranks. Connections are key to a successful career.
fantastic place to work
Customer Services Lead (Former Employee), Allen, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Fun fast paced company to work for with opportunity for advancement. Great competitive starting pay with annual bonuses and excellent training.
Fun place, everyday you would get a t shirt or flower just for showing up to work.
Senior Consumer Services Associate (Former Employee), Garland, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great healthcare
A typical day would be assisting customer with billing questions, payment arrangements and setting up new service order request and also setting move orders or disconnect orders.
Learning something new
Client Services Associate (Current Employee), Allen, txJanuary 30, 2015
I've never really realized how important it is to understand your credit report. Working at this job I've learned so much and how important it is to start early in being responsible and know what you're doing before you get ahead with yourself.
Passport Health Communication Job review
IT Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: team work, work life balance, upward mobility, excellent staff and managment.
Cons: i moved back to south carolina ans could not bring passport with me.
A typical work day consist of daily interaction with thousands of hospitals. Team work was very essential and if it wasn't for the guidance of my lead, manager, and vice president, I would have pulled my hair out. Learning to trouble shoot proprietary software was challenging, but with constant collaboration, every minute of the day was maximized to facilitate customers needs. A rating of 5 stars is very appropriate for Passport. I really miss and love Passport.
Enjoyable
Strategy Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Enjoyable work environment.
There is no lack of projects that you can assist with.
Productive fun workplace.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Fast paced environment. Amazing co-workers. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment.
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant to HR Director's (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: kind employees
I have never worked anywhere as dignified as Experian. I worked a temp assignment, but was treated like a regular employee. Amazing.
n/a
Client Services Associate (Current Employee), AllenDecember 11, 2014
Pros: off weekends
Cons: hourly pay
Not to much to say about this company people come and go alot. The amount hourly they start you off at is very poor I do believe thats why I have seen so many people come and go within this company.
be highly alert, attentive and understanding
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 8, 2014
Pros: easy call flow, and easy systems
Cons: skeptic customers who didnt trust our company but needed our assistance
In the call center environment, we sit as a collective and where we sit is based on our scheduled start time. The calls are all inbound and the lines are typically filled with customers who are panicking that their whole lives are going to be ruined due to a security breach at a company that they do business with. It is our job to calm them down, assure them that they are being well taken care of and are receiving the best possible protection against identity theft.

My co workers during this time were great. the calls were brief as we were only assisting customers with enrollment and current plans that were already established. We made great use of this time getting to know one another and discussing work policies.

The hardest part about this job though were the skeptics. The customers who would call us for help in protecting their identity, but didn't trust us either. They felt everyone was out to get them, and convincing them otherwise was often a difficult task.

Management was pretty good. The training was great, the systems were easy, and the scripts they provided kept the call on track.
This is what I enjoyed most about this job, the simplicity of the calls and call volume.
Was a relatively enjoyable place of employment
Credit Associate (Former Employee), Allen, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: adequate pay, good physical working conditions.
Cons: team spirit culture a bit over the top.
For a call center it was a relatively enjoyable place of employment.
Experian
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, caNovember 21, 2014
Pros: nice work environment and lots of great chess players
Cons: security was always a factor. they had many layoffs while there.
Interviewed many SMEs to document a specific process known as the "outside list". This entailed documenting a VB application, a Java application and a mainframe application. I basically went step by step how to perform the task.

Left alone to complete the tasks on my own. I work best like this.

I documented many applications. One was an inhouse QA Plotter tool that the data analysts would use to perform QA on their input and output files created by the Outside List process.

Assisted the trainers by preparing documents for the new employees in Santiago, Chile.

1 2 3 4 5

About Experian

We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We – Read more

Experian Salaries