Experian

Experian Employee Reviews

mind numbing repetitive, micro managed, with a pool table
Identity theft phone agent (Former Employee), Van Buren, ARMay 14, 2015
Pros: good insurance, and you get an hour for lunch
Cons: sometimes the hour lunch gets cut in half, but the managers and sups still get their full hour break from facebook and youtube
log in to your computer get everything pulled up read your emails and review any new protocols, log into your phone take calls from customers about recent alerts, hardly any co-worker interaction unless on break but that is short and brief.

hardest part of the job is being yelled and cursed at by customers due to the misunderstanding of membership or their credit alert activities and being nit picked on your calls by quality assurance looking for any errors in scripting in your call
Productive energetic atomosphere
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Van Buren, ArMay 12, 2015
-taking care of members with the motto going above and beyond
-co-workers provide a great atmosphere
-sitting for extended periods of time
-helping members to the best of my ability
All in your attitude.
Amex Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Van Buren ArkansasMay 8, 2015
It is a fast paced job that requires attention to details, motivation and drive .It's all in your attitude. clean kitchen and bathrooms
productive and straight forward
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Allen, TXMay 6, 2015
A very well rounded company with a highly enjoyable work environment. The employees here are all kind and highly intelligent and very receptive to any questions a new hire may have.
Productive; fun place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Allen, TXMay 5, 2015
Managers and co-workers were great to work with. Job was very interesting. Learned a lot about networking while working there.
Leadership surrounds themselves with "Yes-men"!
Recruiter (Former Employee), Costa MesaMay 4, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Incompetent management
Leadership for this sub-org of HR came in lacking practical/functional experience to manage the organization. That's fine if you surround yourself with those smarter and more knowledgable, however this senior leader continues to baffle the mind by surrounding herself with those less competent than she is...
Keep gettin' dem checks! (If you can tolerate the incessant corporate culture)
Marketing specialist, senior (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Salary, easy work
Cons: Corporate culture, individual agendas, no upward mobility
Look, I've worked at some pretty dysfunctional companies in my time. You could do a lot worse than Experian.

They pay well, the corporate marketing culture is fairly low pressure, and the work is probably the easiest of my life.

The flip side: my position has essentially no upward mobility (I've been directly told as much), all your basic "corporate culture" clichés are as obvious as I've ever experienced (perception management toward the "right" people is a HUGE priority at all levels — if you don't offer a direct benefit to someone, they won't give you so much as a "Hi" or eye contact in passing in the hallway), and though it's easy work, that means there's zero challenge.

Granted, this is a large corporation with dozens of business units and subsegments within, so I can't condemn the entire operation, but in the creative services realm specifically, there is constant, mind-numbing complaining about how everyone else is "doing it wrong" and if only they'd do it "our way," the world would be a better place. These delusions of grandeur lead to many forms of passive-aggressive bickering and trash-talking when an antagonizer isn't around. And the obsession with self-interests undermines any kind of team concept or concern with challenging ourselves to create truly compelling work. It's audible through the incessant murmur of whisper-griping to confidants that can be heard over our low-walled cubicles.

However, if you can find a way to tolerate it all and throw it into autopilot, it's easy enough work to skate through and keep gettin' dem checks (my starting salary was a 50% increase from what I made at my previous company). I am happy and grateful to be better able to provide for my family as a result of this job, but in return I have no personal connection with most of my coworkers and feel completely unfulfilled career-wise.
Friendly enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Allen, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Computer lab, game and relaxtion room and twice a week free fruit and granola bars.
Cons: Sitting for 9 hours daily.
I've learned how to be a great customer representative by listening to the customer needs. Helping to solve problems. Each day I assist customers with log in issues and password resets. I greet new and existing customers daily. I educate and enroll new customers into identity theft protection plans daily.
Lacks innovation and secure working envirornment.
Director, Client Services - Experian Affinity Team (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 30, 2015
Overall the company has good people, however the environment is very political and does not feel very progressive. Company upper management lacks insight and forward thinking.
Foosball tables and computers in the breakroom
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Allen, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: assisting customers with fraud issues.
Cons: little chance to transfer into different departments
Great bunch of people. I learned a great deal of what constitutes a good credit score and how long bad and good reports stay on your credit report. So much breach occurs in daily.
customer service rep experience
Special Accounts Representative (Current Employee), Allen, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: i made it work around my school schedule and the insurance was really good
Cons: extremely high turnover rate fr a reason
It's a small customer service center so there's not much room for advancement. it's good for a temporary transition until you find something else. they started at 13 and they don't do bonuses.
Top heavy environment; lots of managers that don't know the products
SQA (Current Employee), TXMarch 13, 2015
Offices include lot of managers, some which have no idea how the products work that they are in charge of.

The work environment is somewhat flexible in that you can work from home if you need to but you still need to come into the office some...this depends on your manager.
Productive and fun with a ping pong table
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches once we've reached the goals for collections
Cons: layoffs
Productive and challenging everyday at Experian. There are new products from the new acquisitions that it's been challenging to learn. I've enjoyed working at Experian very much since there are different activities and events for the holidays.
Plenty of room for advancement
Database Analyst/ Senior Database Specialist (Former Employee), Schaumburg IlMarch 6, 2015
Pros: coworkers were great
Cons: company grew to fast
Was a great place to work with great people. Original company was bought out by Experian who started buying up a lot of small to mid size direct mail companies which caused a lot of people to lose their jobs when the market slowed down.
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2015
Most inbound call center, great knowledge of the credit aspect. I enjoy my co-workers very much we have became really close.
A workplace that allows some free thinking and challenges one to work smart.
Director of Strategy (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 5, 2015
Experian can be rewarding to one's career as long and they work hard, not just at their assigned role, but at networking through the ranks. Connections are key to a successful career.
fantastic place to work
Customer Services Lead (Former Employee), Allen, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Fun fast paced company to work for with opportunity for advancement. Great competitive starting pay with annual bonuses and excellent training.
Fun place, everyday you would get a t shirt or flower just for showing up to work.
Senior Consumer Services Associate (Former Employee), Garland, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great healthcare
A typical day would be assisting customer with billing questions, payment arrangements and setting up new service order request and also setting move orders or disconnect orders.
Learning something new
Client Services Associate (Current Employee), Allen, txJanuary 30, 2015
I've never really realized how important it is to understand your credit report. Working at this job I've learned so much and how important it is to start early in being responsible and know what you're doing before you get ahead with yourself.
Passport Health Communication Job review
IT Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: team work, work life balance, upward mobility, excellent staff and managment.
Cons: i moved back to south carolina ans could not bring passport with me.
A typical work day consist of daily interaction with thousands of hospitals. Team work was very essential and if it wasn't for the guidance of my lead, manager, and vice president, I would have pulled my hair out. Learning to trouble shoot proprietary software was challenging, but with constant collaboration, every minute of the day was maximized to facilitate customers needs. A rating of 5 stars is very appropriate for Passport. I really miss and love Passport.

1 2 3 4 5

About Experian

We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We – Read more

Experian Salaries