Experian Employee Reviews in United States

was a temp so wasn't included if they had activities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 5, 2015
Made phone call to up dates customer files and if anything needed to be taken off. Call the client if I need more information. Manager was very helpful when we got stuck on anything
Fun place to work
Senior Network Security Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 4, 2015
Experian was a fun place to work. There were great new IT technologies to learn. There were also good opportunities for future growth.
bad
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  allen txSeptember 3, 2015
Do not work their please. oK so the training is 9 weeks long and it has only been two weeks and half of the students already quit. In the training everybody realizes that they are asking way too much for $12.00 per hour. YOU might as well become a lawyer!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fun work environment with really good management
Consumer Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 27, 2015
It is a good company to work for and some of the people that I work with are almost like family.
The compensation could be much better considering all that some people have to deal with in the environment.
The benefits are great and the management team is really good as well.
na
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 20, 2015
Great company to work for was happy with my time there and would return if available. There was flexible hours and great co workers, the environment was friendly and was always a pleasure to go to work
Great company to work for.
Sr. Acounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 17, 2015
Great company to work for, great benefits,very profesional management, overall a good company to work for and balance the family life. They used to have a 9/80 scheduale and that was one of the many reasons that I stayed for 5 years.
Nice job
Supervisor Takiyah Cooper (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 15, 2015
Experian is a nice and enjoyable place to work for. There are good benefits. The NCAC is a call center environment. There are some nice supervisors who work at Experian.
Launch of Rewards Store for Sales Reps
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 9, 2015
I worked with senior management to develop a sales rewards strategy for the entire sales organization. Developed a third party website along with consultants to help promote sales and morale within our organization.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Long hours, not much of a work life balance
good
UI Front End Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2015
good experiance with this job, i learned a lot from this job, about lot subject knowledge... like html5, css3,etc/.. but when time of work it's diifecult at night,...
They treat you good at first, then start yelling at you like a drill sargent; chng hrs unexpectantly; not worth the pay to be treated like trash.
Call center agent (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 2, 2015
When I started with Experian, I loved it. But as the weeks went on, it got harder and harder; I applied for time off for my daughters wedding and was approved and then was denied; I didn't have any proof that it was there and they were not going to say that they had changed it, either. I had to use 3 sick days to be able to prepare for my daughters wedding. Before that event, they started showing their true colors. My trainer/lead began yelling at me like I was in the military. If I wanted to get yelled at I would have enlisted! This continued one too many times, and then they would act like nothing was wrong, like they didn't just get finished reaming me out! I refuse to work for people who do not respect their employees.
Pros
Their insurance is great! You have 40hrs sick pay after 6 wks; and acru 80hrs flexible time off.
Cons
They get you in and then don't care about you after your in, approx. 2-3 mos.
Productive and fun working place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
Great En-try level job to begin when just getting out there. They work with you hand on hand and the pay is good. Also the food is great... Only thing that i really didnt enjoy is the traffic to and from work.
Pros
Great food, Snack bars
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Workplace
Certified Agent (Former Employee) –  allen txJune 19, 2015
Created secured credit monitoring accounts for data breach customers. Remaining courteous on monitored customer calls regarding past due accts., while correctly documenting account changes.
Experian is a global leader
Sr. Informatica Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 19, 2015
Experian is a global leader in providing information, analytical tools and marketing services to organizations and consumers to help manage the risk and reward of commercial and financial decisions.
Bad place to work!!!
Switchboard/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 19, 2015
Switchboard - If you enjoy being micro managed by a very controlling manager then this place is for you. If you like being told that you never do anything right then you'll fit right in. I have NEVER worked for such a BAD manager in my entire career!!! No personality, never speaks to the team of operators unless of course there's a problem!! I would never advise anyone to go work for this company! The pay is lower than what I made 25 years ago!!!!!
Pros
The secrutiy team is very nice!
Cons
Micro managed, controlling manager with no personality
Great Place!
Tier 2 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 15, 2015
Excellent place to work for the right person. Excellent benefits, communication, upper management is always open. Security is tight, as well are the schedules. Seniority appears to rule as well as a bit of favoritism, in my opinion.
Benefits
Cons
Schedules and Security
Only for the truly desperate
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 12, 2015
The job consisted of opening and scanning mail along with nine other scanner operators. The department was understaffed. The upper management refused to hire more people because the company is doing badly. Instead, the department manager focused on bleeding the workers dry. She arbitrarily upped the production requirements despite the fact that the volume of mail doubled within a year. The management is completely tone deaf and/or clueless. The turnover rate is probably around 50% and would be way higher if the economy was better. Some actually quit before having another job lined up because they could not take it any longer. The equipment is old and breaks down constantly. It's a thankless job. The scanner operators are overworked and underpaid. Almost everyone hates being there but they have no choice. That's probably why there is so much arguing and backstabbing going on among the co-workers. In the company hierarchy scanners are at the bottom, but only because the company hires contractors for janitorial duties. To add insult to injury the imaging room features a large window into the hallway which makes you feel like a zoo animal. The pay starts at $11 per hour and features annual raises which are laughable. There used to be quarterly bonuses but they took those away.
Bottom line: only apply here if you are truly desperate.
Cons
Productive and very friendly place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Allen TexasJune 7, 2015
My typical day at work will be handling calls, taking my first break within 2-3 hours, more calls lunch break. Which I can stay there or leave for lunch, I usually will sit in my car and nap. I have learned patience and how to handle very upset customers. Management is cool, very friendly and down to earth, but can be serious. I love all my co-workers. I have made really close friends with all of them and a lot of them really look up to me. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job will be when our call volume is high and we are forced to take 30 minute lunches out of no where. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving my customers issues and being able to help them and they are so grateful. Also coming to work to see my friends.
Pros
Personal lockers at work
Cons
Attendance policy, parking space.
educated customers about their credit through the phone
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 2, 2015
Use Experian credit software to educated customers about their report.

I learned how credit works.

Management was helpful and knowledgeable.

Friendly co-workers.

The hardest part of the day was being able to have the customer understand their credit and how to potentially improve it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and when customers left satisfied.
stringent work enviroment
CSR (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 19, 2015
Start work on schedule taking data breach calls and calls from clients that were checking credit scores, that were wrongly billed for services. going through a rigorous process to try and refund money to clients that were billed in error. We have short breaks and no access to anything during the work day except the computer and our incoming calls
Pros
no room for advancement
Cons
Health care benefits
mind numbing repetitive, micro managed, with a pool table
Identity theft phone agent (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMay 14, 2015
log in to your computer get everything pulled up read your emails and review any new protocols, log into your phone take calls from customers about recent alerts, hardly any co-worker interaction unless on break but that is short and brief.

hardest part of the job is being yelled and cursed at by customers due to the misunderstanding of membership or their credit alert activities and being nit picked on your calls by quality assurance looking for any errors in scripting in your call
Pros
good insurance, and you get an hour for lunch
Cons
sometimes the hour lunch gets cut in half, but the managers and sups still get their full hour break from facebook and youtube