Experient

Experient Employee Reviews

Pass on this place
IT (Former Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: pto use was flexible
Cons: expected you to be responsive during off hours, poor mgmt, no loyalty to employees
I worked at this place for many years of my life. The management is nothing but a dog and pony show! Instead of fixing management issues they just cut the employee which gives them a good 6 months to not have to deal with another issue. The HR VP works from home and is not accessible to employees when they need higher end help. There is absolutely NO training at this place. You learn as you go and you'll hear about every mistake you make along the way over and over. This place used to care about employees but now each person has just become a number who can be scratched any given day. The new company president was the president of one of our largest customers, and even had the audacity to sue them. That in turn lost us a huge chunk of business. They have had numerous DLLR complaints and unfair work/life balance.
100% Sales commision
Account Consultant (Current Employee), Home OfficeMay 29, 2014
Experient knows what it takes to land the big client. They have great systems in place to save clients money and their programs are very easy to navigate.
Great people, fast paced atmosphere.
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, entry level opportunities
Cons: poor management, low pay, lack of training
Experient is a great place to get started. There is a friendly culture and a lot of schedule flexibility.

While working at Experient, I learned a lot about Project Management and building relationships with stakeholders and clientele.

There are way too many mid level Managers at Experient. Additionally, management is not current in industry standards.

The hardest part of this job is the lack of training. There is absolutely no training. All of the software is proprietary and so it is impossible to seek help outside of the organization.

Thant being said, the fast work pace makes for an interesting workday.
Fun Place to Work - Great Culture
Sales (Current Employee), Vernon HillsDecember 19, 2012
Pros: lots of casual days, low health benefit costs, a lot of time off
Cons: heavy workload
Experient has been the best company I have worked for. They truly care about their employees and believe in a work life balance. They also believe in developing their employees and promoting from within.
The culture in the vernon hills office is like working with a big family. It is a small office with about 75 employees and there are always different parties or events taking place. They also do a lot for charity and try to incorporate raising money for charity by making donations to wear jeans on certain days. It's definitely a laid back environment yet everyone works very hard. I would say it is a work hard, play hard culture.
Experient was recently acquired by Maritz travel and I could not be more impressed with the acquisition. All of the executives from Maritz have came out to all of the Experient offices on more than one occasion to introduce themselves and to get to know the employees. They also have been very transparent to the employees so there are so surprises or questions. The acquisition has been great for the company and I look forward to what the future holds working with Maritz!
many layoffs of seasoned professionals
Agent (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: fellow employees (before they were laid off)
Cons: run into the ground. very poor management
Most everyone who had been with this company for a long time was laid off. Management was bad. CEO kept changing. Recently purchased again and hopefully with better management
Life at Experient
Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 24, 2012
Pros: healthcare, laid back back company, great people to work with
Cons: poor company structure
Experient has given me an opportunity to go from a college graduate to a professional. I deal with clients on a daily basis, and each one is different, and unique. This job requires heavy traveling, and a lot of independence. I love that I can express my ideas freely, and my voice is heard on my team. I have learned not only the event services industry but the corporate industry. I work with great people with a ton of knowledge. The only negatives I have is the poor company structure, and not a lot of room to grow. The traveling can take a toll but I have been to some incredible places. France, and Ireland to name a couple. The hardest part of the job is when you travel a lot is to keep up your work with your other clients. It is tough sometimes to balance the workload away from the office. The most enjoyable part of the job is the traveling, and the people I work with.
Very fun work place, Casual Fridays
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILJuly 21, 2012
Pros: free lunch at least once a week
Cons: high stress environment
Extremely fast work envronment , recieved approximately 100 plus calls a day. Being able to diffuse angry customers was essential, however after the first 30 days it became second nature. All co-workers seem to buddy up and help one another on taking calls and providing great customer Service. I thought it was the perfect job because i love to help and provide information. I had a wonderful management staff.
Experient Review
Customer Service/Data Entry (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJuly 7, 2012
Pros: willing to be flexible
Cons: no overtime is given
A typical day at work would be me arriving to my desk about 10 minutes before my shift is to begin to organize my day, so that all things get done by the end of my shift. I am learning daily to be patient with callers whose language is not as fluent in English as mine. My management team are all great to work with and are always there when assistance is needed.