Experis Employee Reviews in United States

Staffing Firm Culture
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 12, 2016
I transferred to Experis to be able to get back to doing technical recruiting and have been able to do so. However, the staffing firm culture where recruiters are competing against each other even though they work for the same company and where there is little to no work/life balance has left me with an overall negative impression of the company and the staffing firm industry as a whole. This company clearly values quantity over quality which is not a fit for me.

If you are not concerned with work/life balance and have no recruiting experience they will hire you instantly. However if you are a Senior Recruiter like me and value quality over quantity than this may not be the place for you.
Pros
Job security, variety of work
Cons
Work/life balance, benefits
Horrible Company
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 4, 2015
The company is absolutely terrible. They will say that the position is "temp to hire" but it ends up not being that way. They will let people go for performance but honestly that is not the case. If the company you are contracted to gives a raise for some reason they will immediately start analyzing everything you do to look for a reason to get rid of you. They will give you no notice of when your contract will end, they will extend it without asking you, and they are very rude. They treat you like a number not like an employee. DO NOT go to work for Experis. They are absolutely terrible.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management, Lies about Contracts, just overall bad
Great place to begin recruiting career
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 1, 2016
Leadership could be better, but generally colleagues and managers try employees well. Decent work/life balance. Great training program for new recruiters and leadership mostly tries to set people up for success. Benefits are great and base salary is awesome for no experience in the field. Flexible work from home and lots of vacation.
Outstanding work environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Need I say more? Experis has been an absolutely awesome place to work. The work life balance is fantastic, pay is competitive, and management is very easy going and entrepreneurial.
Informal Working Environment
Web Developer - Middleware Systems Administration (Former Employee) –  IBM Southbury, CTApril 2, 2016
In office at IBM Southbury first year, almost exclusively telecommuted additional year. A typical day consisted of monitoring application alerts, Installing and updating applications in collaboration with developers, monitoring and acting on work tickets and trouble tickets, attending team and developer meetings, supporting DBA activities via application management. Provide Middleware Support for all middleware.
Pros
Working Independantly
Cons
Responsible for production and pre-prod stating env and all software and version, but no training or upgrade classes
A Close-knit Group
DELIVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 17, 2016
I have mostly positive experiences working for Experis. The only downside is that the parent company, ManpowerGroup, doesn't seem to understand what it is that Experis does, and their constant search for increased profits has cut deeply. However, the local managers truly care about their employees (and clients) and work hard to protect and nurture them. The result: working relationships that are very much like family.
Great Company Culture, Great Vision, Crippling and Constant management Changes
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2015
When I first began working at Experis, my office lost three of its most senior business development managers and its IT director at the same time. They had all left the company after gas prices plummeted and there was a great deal of pressure for production from neglected accounts. Then, the managing director left the company, and there was no leadership whatsoever. A team member who was not at all prepared was pushed into an IT director role without the title or compensation, a new managing director was brought in, and gas prices continued to fall. For a year now, the office has been in a "transitional stage," and without any change in direction or clear and effective leadership, there is an intense pressure to produce at an exceedingly high rate. This company has great vision and all the necessary potential to succeed and grow, but this particular office is lead with the most policy and least principle of any office in which I've had the misfortune of working.
Pros
Great Company Events, Casual Atmosphere
Cons
Constant Management Changes, Little Training, No Transparency
good place to get in the door
EXPERIS NW CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2016
Overall they got me into a great opportunity and the rest was up to me. Got me an interview right away a job shortly after. Even considered going back for better pay long term and new opportunities.
Pros
Good place to get your foot in the door with big companies
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Great work life balance but money not so great
Project Professional (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2015
Experis is a great company to work for as far as management and clients. You get to see many faucets with different clients and grow your experience. The salaries are on the lower end and raises are pretty non-existent. The benefits aren't great either.
Pros
experience, management
Cons
salary, benefits
Professional workplace
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 23, 2016
Great place to work. Very professional and the benefits are good for a contractor/consultant position. I would recommend Experis to individuals that are looking for a consulting role.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 20, 2016
I have worked with a lot of agencies and by far Experis is one of the best. My recruiter checks in with me on a regular basis and addresses any problems or concerns I may have in an efficient manner. I would recommend Experis to anyone looking to fill temporary roles.
Pros
Very personable
Cons
benefits not very good
A great evironment and nice place to work
Document Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 20, 2016
The job itself is like clock work. You what to do, what's expected, and how much. I come in, open up computer and begin work which requires me to read and input data. Everyone here in the office is like family. We celebrate and acknowledge birthdays, weddings, graduations, promotions, etc. The hardest, well challenging part is to remain focus and pay attention to details
Good company
Senior Manager, Greater Denver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 3, 2016
Good work/life balance and opportunities to learn and gain experience at a variety of companies. Have several disciplines that appeal to various experience backgrounds.
Great company poor leadership
AR Professional (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 28, 2015
The company is great but the leadership is sadly poor. Firstly, SR. leadership is completely disconnected. They are like the great and powerful Wizard Of OZ. The AR manager would throw his mother under the bus if he thinks it will make him look good. I worked for them for 4 years and not once did he ever support anything from anyone unless it made him look good.

They are one of those companies that like to throw around catch words like creativity, innovation, etc however the words never translate into deeds and it becomes same ol same ol.

That been said the pay is great and benefits are 4 star.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management is running the place into the ground.
Consultant for Experis
Consultant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 2, 2016
Experis found a terrific placement for me that lasted over a year. The problem was that while they encouraged me to "stay with Experis" after the placement ended, they were not able to find a new placement for me. I've looked elsewhere for employment, but their lack of response for 6 months has been very disappointing. During the placement, they would reach out to me about once a quarter to check in.
Pros
Great placement (consulting)
Cons
Lack of follow up
Changed hours on me less than a week before I started
Office 365 Ambassador for new clients (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 22, 2015
I was very excited about becoming an Office 365 onboarding ambassador with this company. I would have been paid well and get to work from home.

HOWEVER, less than a week before my start date, managers suddenly decided it was in everyone's best interest to force new hours upon EVERYONE - no exceptions. Changed from four 11hr days to five 9 hour days, with none of the shift options suiting my needs. They did not make any exceptions for me. I told the recruiter that this was not what I signed up for and that this was unacceptable.

Not to mention I left my previous job to start in this role and pretty much ended up screwed because of managers deciding what's best for everyone (go figure).
Pros
My recruiter was very nice and he seemed to understand.
Cons
Incompetent management and lack of communication with changes.
Work hard for thier employees
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2016
They work hards for the employees if there is worked out there they will find it. This was a great place to worked. We pulled orders for customers.
professional/Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
At Experis I had tremendous exposure to various clients and colleagues in the financial industry. My technical and interpersonal skills have grown immeasurably.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
Heathcare
Professional and fun place to work
call center representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 4, 2015
I have learned alot since working at Experis. The management is very supportive and the training is very thorough. Everyone is fun to be around, and still knows how to get the job done. The hardest part is finding the answers to the customer's questions in regards to Sage accounting software. But the most enjoyable part is providing the best customer service and making our clients happy.
Pros
1 hour lunches, training
Cons
healthcare process is terrible
Fun work enviroment
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 10, 2015
Competitive work environment, managers are hands off (which is good). Recruiters drive business in all aspects of the company. Recruiters are given ample support, Experis/Manpower use old technology, slow internet (internet Explorer 8) , slow computers, iPhone 4's, etc...

2.8