Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Employee Reviews

Found 1,065 reviews matching the search
Call Center
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 19, 2017
Alorica is one of the biggest companies you’ve never heard of. We only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with over 90,000 employees in more than 100 locations around globe.

Working at Alorica means having the freedom to explore all kinds of career opportunities. You can choose from several positions – customer service, tech support, management – serving a wide variety of clients in healthcare, insurance, finance and consumer technology. And you can choose to work at a site, work from home, stay where you are or transfer to a totally new location.

Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities for personal and professional development. We want you to have fun and succeed, because when you’re at your best, that’s when we’re at our best.
Pros
work experience
Cons
work hours
An Amazing Job
Customer Service Representative/ Advisor (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 17, 2017
It could've been the specfic location I was at, but I loved working for EGS. I had been employeed there for about a year and through the course of such I had grown a tremendious amount. My team quickly became my family and the job was, well fun. I can get taking high volume calls and speaking with upset customers can get a little stressful, but a job is what you make it.
About 7 months after I had been involved with the job I had gotten accepted into the Emplyee Engagement Team and helped with weekly activites to help boost the sites moral. Shortly after that I moved to being an Advisor which was helping the new agents take their first calls and walk them through what/how to do specific things and handle situaitons.
Pros
Set lunchs, a good work enviornment, you just have to get involved
Cons
healthcare, bonuses.
Great learning experience on the Pharmacy level of healthcare
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2017
I handled prior authorizations and excelled at multi tasking. Setting up the case to be reviewed by the Rph .As well as approving the medications per protocol.
Pros
great hours 6-2
Cons
No advancement or raises
Horrible
Medical Data Entry & Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2017
The work environment is unsafe and unclean. There is not enough parking for employees. The salary is horrible. Run as fast as you can from this company.
Pros
You can learn a little about healthcare jobs
Cons
Too many to name
Calm, simple workplace.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  802 N Carancahua StJanuary 12, 2017
A day at work was always interesting to see what calls you were going to get, I learned how to multitask on multiple screens. management really never interfered with you.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 10, 2017
Answer calls on a daily basis, most of the managers don't really know what's going on. I routinely had to get someone to look at my checks because they paid me wrong. Got paid late twice.
You will lose faith in humanity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2017
This job is probably the easiest job to have for people that can let things roll off their shoulder .The job however is the very definition of soul crushing work that has been placed upon the earth . This is a call center environment filled with degenerates and morons. This location would not allow you to use the restroom without fully clocking out of you desktop to go .
Pros
zero
Cons
Aids would be better than working here
Poor Leadership
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Management within this company is poor. Supervisors walk around on cell phones and play games on their phone while reps have questions and help with situations that they may have on the phone.
lack of professionalism
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 10, 2017
how can someone get fired over one call because of not enough empathy when over all was scoring 90 and above on all calls
it was a job since i was new to the area it wasn't worth it
Pros
entertaning
Cons
it was a job
dont do it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 10, 2017
not a very good work environment. They messed up my check 3 times. They hire anyone off the street because they cant keep employees
Pros
they will hire you with no experience
Cons
they will hire you with no experience
Don't do it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 7, 2017
This place will stress you out and it is not worth it. The pay is not worth it. The more senior management has lied to me about positions that where offered to me. they will over work you. they just do not care about the agents.
Pros
co-workers and some management
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Boring but easy job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 5, 2017
If sitting at a desk 40 hours a week is your thing, than this is your job. if not its a terrible job. the work you do is easy but if you cant sit still its hard to enjoy the job.
If you like call center work you would like it.
Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 4, 2017
I would only recomend EGS if you enjoy working at a call center, even then I have heard there are better call centers outthere. Still the people
I worked with were great.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, hours, break periods
Customer service rep
Sales Customer Service Repetitive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2017
This company is a good one to get some customer service experience but it gets old quick. No raises , and a lot of broken promises .
Pros
NONE
Cons
short breaks
Learned a lot at work
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2017
My management is very supportive, have a friendly behaviour, always encourages the employees at work and fullfills all the needs of the employee.
My co-workers are very compitative and sportive.
Expert Global Solutions Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2016
A typical day being a customer service representative at EGS was handling sales chats for Best Buy where you had to manage 3 chats at a time. Some of the duties required was being able to type 30wpm along with being able to provide the client with specific sections of the policy including prices, price matching, etc. An agent would also have to be able to clearly communicate with the customer even when the customer is irate.
Busy workplace, lots of employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
Lots of calls daily, just kind of thrown into the work, they trained, but other duties were added without proper training, and the compensation was not sufficient to support a household. Always spoke of bonuses but never saw any, this position is for someone who just needs extra money.
Pros
Usually always 8 hours, pretty friendly staff
Cons
low wages, no chance for advancement, constant correction on verbal performance.
A job to get back on your feet with, nothing long term!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2016
It started out as a decent job until their true colors start to show! Management is HORRIBLE, two faced, and favoritism is definitely prevalent here.

The Tampa location is for UPS, so depending on your dept, your core duties are tracking packages for customers.

If UPS has to work on anything, it'd be making the customer centers actually do their job. Of course that's a UPS issue not EGS, however this is a topic that could definitely be brought up to discuss but in fear of losing UPS, they won't. Making your job w/ customers 10x harder.

I won't say which but if you're not in 2 specific departments at this location, they don't care about your opinions as an employee. Favoritism is prevalent here.

The overtime they make mandory during their peak season is unreasonable for ppl with actual lives outside this building.

You are paid decently, however there's a reason why. They give you copious amounts of bs to endure.

Like my title of this review, ok job to use to get back onto your feet but definitely not a career nor a job I recommending staying at for more than 6 months.
Pros
Pay is decent, advancement, coworkers, willing to work w/ schedule until peak season
Cons
MANAGEMENT, MANDATORY WORK SCHEDULES, FAVORITISM
Great Experience
Financial Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 25, 2016
A typical day mainly revolved around the workstation, dealing with customer complaint. Verbal contact with co-workers was kept to a minimum. Some customers were easy to deal with while others not so much.
Call center for DTE energy
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 23, 2016
Terrible place to work. Had a really good training program but it wasn't as helpful as i thought. First week on the floor my phone kept messing up, an it went against me. I told my supervisor but still got yelled at. Got suspended and accused of mistreatment of customers. The lead manager smiled while saying i think you did wrong but i could be wrong. . Overall shes not qualified and the company a joke.
Pros
Money
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp). Our community is ready to answer.

2.9