Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp)

Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Employee Reviews in United States

fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2016
they had a lot of things and oppurtunities here this job I loved it a lot the distance was far but like I said I really enjoyed working there even if was a short period of time
Company does not care about customer or employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 21, 2016
After working over a year at Egs, I was told I was going to get a 50cent raise after signing up to work for a different department. After training for that position, I was told I was not going to get a 50 cent raise. Also everyone else's 50cent raise got taken away after those employees where getting paid that extra 50cent for months! Company does not care about employees and expects us to increase our work load for less pay!
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
no room for advancement, poor communication, poor training
good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 18, 2016
I liked the 2 shift pace and how it went on the job most of the time it went fast sometimes slow but overall it was good some customers would make you feel like your going to have a bad day but not all the customers were like that
Pros
good pay good hrs nice co-workers
Cons
rowdy customers
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNAugust 11, 2016
This company had a LOT of problems with reps drinking, doing drugs, and management having intimate relationships with their subordinates and it being overlooked
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
It was a wonderful job overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 5, 2016
I loved my job doing outgoing and incoming calls. The only thing I did not like about them is that they had to let me go because I did not pass my midterm review.
Pros
Good pay and good employment
Cons
They let me go for not passing my midterm
Great place to get burned out really fast
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 4, 2016
Worked for about a month until the stress level was unbearable. Ridiculous call volume that is too high and consistent. Lack of support from staff. Basically on your own. Training was a joke, felt like I was in the hood. Drugs and alcohol running rampant with no drug screening.
Cons
Chance to improve your comunactions skills
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 31, 2016
Expert global solutions is a a great place to.work.if you like working on computers. Great chance to improve your social and communication skills the harder you work the faster you will move up
Pros
Rewards on radio sales and good stats
Cons
short breaks no paid lunches
All lies
Agent Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 20, 2016
All of the managers suck it's like they only want you to focus on this job inside and outside of work. They monitor you like a hawk can't use the bathroom without asking. The pay rate sucks and there are no raises no matter how great you are.
Pros
1hr lunches and great coworkers
Cons
Managers suck and have no respect
Horrible place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 16, 2016
People were nice but that is where it ends. Job is based on numbers and even in training if you can't met those numbers your job will be terminated. They put too much emphasis on passing survey's and not enough into creating a good customer service. How can anyone produce when your fearful of losing their job.
Pros
it's a jobs
Cons
more about your numbers and not enough about the customers
Active listening
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2016
An easy place to start out your career, fun staff that will help you build up your professional skills and listens to your individual [needs
Pros
CLEAN
Cons
LOT OF WORKERS
Dishonest & Unreliable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 11, 2016
I love my job, but the management is dishonest and there is little job security. For the last 2 weeks, I haven't been working. They have been telling me the systems are down. Well, that was true for the first week. However, this past week is a different story. They haven't been working me because they couldn't afford to pay me. They only had "vets" on the floor. This wouldn't be a problem if they had told me. Instead they continued to lie every single day I went up there. It wasn't until I confronted them Friday afternoon with my frustrations. I have a family to provide for; rent & bills are due. I was fed up with my lack of hours. I really believe I wouldn't be working today if I had not raised a little h*ll on Friday.

It's a great job, but I need a job that pays regularly. This isn't a temp service and shouldn't behave as such.
Pros
Pay is decent. Breaks are evenly placed. Overtime opportunities.
Cons
Unreliable. Dishonest.
Basic office environment, low compensation.
Financial service representative (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAJuly 11, 2016
It's customer service, I guess you can't expect much. Depending on what company you get to work for you could either have a tyrannical supervisor or a lax one. Either way you will make the same if you work here for 1 year or 10 years, very few open management positions, so even though they hire from within for promotions, they happen so few and far between it's just a farce.
Pros
30min-1hr lunches, PTO
Cons
Terrible healthcare, No raises, very few actual opportunities for advancement.
Good stepping stone, but don't plan on making it a career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 7, 2016
Quoting another reviewer on here who put it perfectly:
"I have dealt with this company on and off for several years while attending college. This company deals with contracts, but they can't seem to hold a contract for very long. There is little to no job security and the advancement opportunities are minimal. The pay is also moderate compared to other call centers in the area, but the schedules are the least desireable. EGS is perfect for college students and entry level employees who want to pursue customer service, but EGS is not ideal for anyone who seeks competitive salary and job stability."
Pros
Coworkers, immediate supervisors
Cons
Low pay, low incentive bonuses
Good Temp, Bad Permanent
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 6, 2016
The training is decent for the first two weeks. You get to learn about base system that runs the entire operation. But after that, you're on your own on the main floor. The learning curve isn't bed; you usually get it after the first couple of calls, but then the stress will kick in when you get more difficult cases.

Help is something that's a big problem. You can get it but not who and quickly unless you physically get up and go find it. And usually its not around when you really need it, often leaving you sitting there for minutes. And that's bad. Time is what they want you to have-- calls being less than 6min yet call end up being 20min because of no help.

Promotions aren't a thing here. Not even praise. Most times its to let you know what you're doing wrong, than what you're doing right. Once every month do they show you some sort of appreciation-- only in some sort of food bribe and a certificate that says "Well done."But only if you either show up every day or take the most calls, or take up the most amount of money.

The only thing that get's people going are the other people that's suffering with you. They're either your friend or family member, or just someone that was in your training class. Or just the person next to you that you say hi to and can talk when the calls aren't back-to-back. The pay check is decent when just looking at it, but in comparison to the actual job, it's not worth it. You can make more in a part time job that offers higher pay.

Overall it's not a bad place to be. Not a good place to stay for a long time. It's a decent place to
  more... go to if you need something right now while looking for other jobs. But incredibly useless for long-term unless you want to stick around for 9hour-shifts. It pays bills but that's about it.  less
Pros
No Weekends, No Holidays, Fair Attendance
Cons
Shifts, Pay, Stress, Turn-Over Rate
Productive fun place to work with awesome co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 2, 2016
I really do love working for EGS the co-workers and atmosphere is great and fun and the management does everything they can to work with you and your schedule.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
long hours when needed
The Worst Contact Center I have ever seen
Tech (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJune 30, 2016
Been around call centers for over 30 years. This is the worst one I have ever seen. Management is in WAY over their head. They have no vision-everything is done on a reactionary basis. There is no communication from Supervisors or Managers (who you can tell hate the place as much as agents do). If you have an outstanding pay issue , you dont get help-and no one will give the main HR number to report this and other issues. Its going on 6 weeks of working faxes, and no one has given me any facts on the bonus structure. You have a question and you have to wait 20-30 minutes for an answer from a SME-then you might or might not get the right answer. Its a brand new account, and you can tell Management is in WAY over their head-they have no clue how to use people management skills.

I should have stayed on unemployment.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
To many to mention.... just a poorly run organization
Great Entry Level job
Customer Service Agent - (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2016
If you have ever worked in a call center, skip this one. They dont provide a solid 40 hours. NO PERKS. They do contract customer service for several different companies but I think they just got bought by Alorica
Pros
Cons
no perks
They don't care about you
doesn't matter- they don't care (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJune 23, 2016
Worked with company for many years. If you are not among the favorites of the Sr. Leadership team, then you might as well start looking elsewhere. Those that worked above and beyond were treated as if it was expected, not appreciated. Everyone is a number not a person. The current Sr. Leader needs to go, as he has know personality and only is looking out for himself and his favorite, many good people have left or been fired wrongly. This wasn't the company I thought it was. And as another great "perk" of the company....the benefits go up every year...and you get less for it. Don't waste your time on this place, until management changes....stay away.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
Sr. Leader
Too Many Cons to list
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 20, 2016
The facility I worked at, there was no room for advancement, The pay and benefits were lackluster at best. The company did not do drug testing for new employees.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, High Cost for minimal benefits, no management follow through
Typical Call Center Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 9, 2016
Not a bad place to work if you enjoy the call center environment.

Call volume is large and fast paced and can be very demanding at times.

Everything is very micromanaged so if you do not mind sitting for long hours and taking non-stop calls this will be perfect for you.

Management is okay, not the best, but also not the worst I've experienced. Things become a little more relaxed after management leaves in the evening.

Decent pay if you are just looking for a job to make money they also offer benefits and paid time off, even though its hard to get approved.

Overall its not a bad place to work.

Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Reviews by Location