Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp)

Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Employee Reviews

Not the best option
CVS (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 25, 2016
DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT!!!!! WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING AT THIS PLACE. I have never written a review for a job, even horrible jobs I've worked as a teen. This one, by far, has taken the cake. They are so unorganized, they DO NOT care about anyone's time, they are disrespectful, and management has no clue EVER about what is going on. I took this job to keep a few bills paid; the $10 is NOT worth the stress. There is NO "balance" here. You get a "write up" for taking off, taking care of family business because they schedule you to be there in the middle of the day all week like it's your career. I'm 25, a recent college grad, and the job pool is slim. DO NOT waste your time here. Go retail and sale some things to customers who appreciate your worth.
Pros
NONE
Cons
pay, management, organization
Fun place to hang out, but no guidance
Mobility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 20, 2016
The environment is great, but the company has a few things to fix. The supervisors don't really get involved when they should be. For example, I had a customer who was extremely upset over an extra charge. The customer asked to speak with a supervisor. I walked to the nearest supervisor and discuss the situation to them. "This customer is upset, I calmed them down, they just want to hear from the supervisor to see if you can do anything." The supervisor denied the help, instead, told me to tell the customer that the supervisor will say the same thing. The supervisor wasn't on a call or doing anything important. After I told the customer what the supervisor told me, the customer asked to terminate their services. Since then, my calls haven't been coming as frequently as they should and that's how I get paid. It almost seems like they want us to fail. I could be wrong, but that's what I was experiencing.
Pros
2 breaks and a lunch; co-workers felt like family; holiday feasts
Cons
short breaks; not much help from the upper management; long hours; calls aren't consistent
A fun/relax workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 5, 2016
EGS is a very relax work place, and a typical day there is like being at home around many friends/family. Working at EGS has taught me to communicate with different people with different culture. The management is great to work with, they understand your concerns and will tried to get you off the phone as much as possible per the calls can become very hard to management at times. My co-workers are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is learning to work different systems. I enjoy my time there because we do get recognize and get incentives whenever we meet the company goals.
If you liked High School you'll really enjoy this
Pharmacy Resolution Expert/PA Expert (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 27, 2016
This company is more interested in "New Hires" than in Customer Service. Because it's located in Nevada the State pays companies to train people. Once hired though you are a non person. Their main message is "Delight the Customer." Yet they don't provide quality trained agents to do that. 40% of my calls are complaints about what horrible customer service the company as a whole provides. They don't recognize things like:
How long you've been with the company
Perfect Attendance
Good Phones Skills
Problem Solving Skills
It's a place where as long as you "hook up" with the right people then you will get the jobs that are considered promotional. They will promote whether any one is qualified or not.

This continues their trending poor customer service skills.
Pros
40 Hours a Week plus Overtime available, Provided Scripts, No Selling
Cons
Disorganized Management, Discharged for High Call Volume, No Recognition, Post Incentives and then don't follow through
Fast paced job in a high school type workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 28, 2016
Rumors will be spread, fights will occur, and rude customers will find you. The customers are expected in any customer service representative type job. But having rumors started about you and seeing fights happen over childish reasons are not a fun thing to experience in a workplace. Seeing that management did nothing to stop any of that made it seem that they cared very little about their employees and let them do whatever as long as they get their income from the third party.
Pros
Work with any third party you wish. (ex. Verizon, chase)
Cons
Childish like workplace.
Productive and enjoyable
CSR (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day at work has many rewards. The most important is assisting callers with their concerns and educating them on product that they have.
The management are always there to help and assist in any way to provide any additional learning tools for the employes to progress further in their position/career.
The company also has a benefit package that other companies in the same field do not have or are cutting back on.
Dishonest & Unreliable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 11, 2016
I love my job, but the management is dishonest and there is little job security. For the last 2 weeks, I haven't been working. They have been telling me the systems are down. Well, that was true for the first week. However, this past week is a different story. They haven't been working me because they couldn't afford to pay me. They only had "vets" on the floor. This wouldn't be a problem if they had told me. Instead they continued to lie every single day I went up there. It wasn't until I confronted them Friday afternoon with my frustrations. I have a family to provide for; rent & bills are due. I was fed up with my lack of hours. I really believe I wouldn't be working today if I had not raised a little h*ll on Friday.

It's a great job, but I need a job that pays regularly. This isn't a temp service and shouldn't behave as such.
Pros
Pay is decent. Breaks are evenly placed. Overtime opportunities.
Cons
Unreliable. Dishonest.
The Worst Contact Center I have ever seen
Tech (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJune 30, 2016
Been around call centers for over 30 years. This is the worst one I have ever seen. Management is in WAY over their head. They have no vision-everything is done on a reactionary basis. There is no communication from Supervisors or Managers (who you can tell hate the place as much as agents do). If you have an outstanding pay issue , you dont get help-and no one will give the main HR number to report this and other issues. Its going on 6 weeks of working faxes, and no one has given me any facts on the bonus structure. You have a question and you have to wait 20-30 minutes for an answer from a SME-then you might or might not get the right answer. Its a brand new account, and you can tell Management is in WAY over their head-they have no clue how to use people management skills.

I should have stayed on unemployment.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
To many to mention.... just a poorly run organization
Fast Pace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 24, 2016
Very fast pace, had 5 promotions my first 6 months. You learn excellent customer service skills that can assist with other jobs. It is a great place to work if you need to find good paying job quickly.
Pros
Quick advances
Cons
No raises.
Good stepping stone, but don't plan on making it a career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 7, 2016
Quoting another reviewer on here who put it perfectly:
"I have dealt with this company on and off for several years while attending college. This company deals with contracts, but they can't seem to hold a contract for very long. There is little to no job security and the advancement opportunities are minimal. The pay is also moderate compared to other call centers in the area, but the schedules are the least desireable. EGS is perfect for college students and entry level employees who want to pursue customer service, but EGS is not ideal for anyone who seeks competitive salary and job stability."
Pros
Coworkers, immediate supervisors
Cons
Low pay, low incentive bonuses
No advancement , nasty enviroment
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 13, 2016
The Va beach location has roaches and you see them all the time and it's always baby roaches. They don't clean the desks or computers and the don't vacuum the carpet.if you have allergies not a good place to work at all. They have also been rumored to have bed bugs among other bugs that will bite you as you work and they don't care about you only the what the client wants. Supervisors are all buddies with hr and upper management if you are outspoken you will be fired. If you question policies you will be fired. Just recently stopped branding their calls for their Aetna client .
Cons
Hour lunches are rare, dont get used to them.
A Productive Environment Where I Grew My Skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNMarch 10, 2016
I learned team management skills to help my fellow teammates, increased my typing and data entry speed, as well as how to protect customer information and sales skills.

The hardest part of the job was making sure to meet all your goals for the day, but that was also the challenge and kept my drive going to push harder.

The best part of the job was the environment. The team leads and managers helped to make it a friendly work place, and keep everyone on point.
swinging door
Tellabanker (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 28, 2016
If you don't mind a dirty, bug infested call center...having to work overtime, just to make a decent wage, no raises, constant Manager changes and turnovers of Mangers and co-workers. Costly Insurance that, doesn't cover the Doctor visits, and also makes one meet an EXTREMELY high deductible. This Companies main employees are very young, naïve, new workers, OR, older, disabled workers with no where else to go. The work is constantly changing and difficult to keep oneself informed of the changes. There is a lot of chaos...you have a feeling, at first, that this will be a fun place to work...then they literally throw you into the job, the PC issues are constantly breaking down, the offers for bonus are nearly impossible to get...There is DEFINEATELY no life/work/balance here ! Hard to even feel like you either belong or that you can get to know others either...it feels like everyone is either half asleep ( working too much), very sad and lost, or looking for another job - workers & Managers included.
Pros
hours always available
Cons
overall, you just want to run away from here, ASAP
Desperate for a job,come to EGS!
CSR II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2016
I am embarrassed to work for this company. I don't feel very secure with my job and if I could,I would find another one FAST. Tucson East location is packed with people. Over packed!The management is a joke. The center is filthy. Schedules and rules change without any notice. Supervisors do nothing except micro manage and create hostility on the call floor. The front desk receptionist is rude and in my opinion should not have a job. I could go and on. The place is a giant bed bug infested cesspool to say the least. Computer systems crash.I wish I could say its just another call center but no this is by far the worst one I've ever seen.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
The place should be shut down by the labor department.
It's a job if you absolutely needed one.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2016
As a CPhT they do not care what accomplishments you have only that you are a body in a seat. When it comes to advancement in the company only way to advance is being buddy buddy with management. They don't look at merit and don't care about your experience in the related field for which you will be working.

They will hire a person with no medical experience as team lead position over a tech that has proved their worth, knowledge and ability to assist a team/floor. If you do your job they will keep you at the bottom so they can get their numbers for the client and promote those that don't know what they are doing and can't do their job to be your supervisors.

If you absolutely need a job you will get hired, but being "valued" by the company you will not.
Pros
its a job
Cons
They don't care about your knowledge or expertise
They don't care about you
doesn't matter- they don't care (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJune 23, 2016
Worked with company for many years. If you are not among the favorites of the Sr. Leadership team, then you might as well start looking elsewhere. Those that worked above and beyond were treated as if it was expected, not appreciated. Everyone is a number not a person. The current Sr. Leader needs to go, as he has know personality and only is looking out for himself and his favorite, many good people have left or been fired wrongly. This wasn't the company I thought it was. And as another great "perk" of the company....the benefits go up every year...and you get less for it. Don't waste your time on this place, until management changes....stay away.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
Sr. Leader
All around terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 1, 2016
Managers are not knowledgeable and do not like to help. Do not have any HR issues with a supervisor because they will be overlooked as they are all friends. The managers gossip about agents. You only get negative feedback. No pay raise but they will cut your pay. They will ask you to do supervisor work if you're a good agent but you will not be recommended for any supervisor position. Computer issues daily, half of them did not work. They change policies that have nothing to do with the real issues in the workplace. Turnover rate is sky high. You may not even get paid correctly you have to consistently check your pay to make sure it's correct. I would only recommend if you can't get a job anywhere else. Levels of stress not worth the time nor pay. I worked at EGS in Greensboro NC.
Pros
You can lie to customers so job not hard
Cons
Too many to list here
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2016
this was a good and fun experience but the job security was not good. Great relationship with coworkers and management.
great Job Poor Mangagemnet
colection Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 24, 2016
This job would work you hours all over the place causing you to never know what you are doing. Management is never around for help.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
poor management
Company does not care about customer or employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 21, 2016
After working over a year at Egs, I was told I was going to get a 50cent raise after signing up to work for a different department. After training for that position, I was told I was not going to get a 50 cent raise. Also everyone else's 50cent raise got taken away after those employees where getting paid that extra 50cent for months! Company does not care about employees and expects us to increase our work load for less pay!
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
no room for advancement, poor communication, poor training

Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Reviews by Location