Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Employee Reviews

Found 1,187 reviews matching the search
Money over Employee
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Pecos and SunsetAugust 10, 2017
For the most part the company was bought out by Alorica and that corporation is more focused on cutting costs, bottoming out salaries and reducing staff advancement as much as they possibly can. If anyone intends to work here it is suggested to use it as a stepping stool for the experience to work at a call center with actual potential. There is no benefit to working at this place longer than 1 yr.
Pros
Culture Activities, Moral Boosting Events, Food Provided Rarely
Cons
Salary, Lack of Advancement, No Set Bonus Structure, Management not following throug, corporate cost cutting
typical work day
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 8, 2017
Learned alot about phone etiquette, alot of healthcare information and data entry. Loved when we would have company games and lunchs as well as prizes
wish management can do better
medical professionals and their office staff (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
working for this company is good start for beginners but as long as your moving up. you're better off using this job as a spring board to look for another better job in the long run
Pros
no work on the weekends
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 8, 2017
Career growth, tenure management, fun environment with a good culture - site was located downtown which allows for good down time while on break/lunch.
Pros
Good pay, strong benefits
Cons
High agent turnover
Man
Client Care Specialist - Proactive Response (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2017
Working at EGS was a great experience because I was able to promote quickly shortly after training. My only issues is that management didn't show that they cared when it came to their employees. Morale was very low and it made people not want to come to work. It takes two to make a great working relationship last.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low Morale
Ok place to work, management is all over the place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2017
Training was fun. Everything was Ok, just management needed to follow the same rules. The calls were fun and crazy. I loved helping people, so this was the best part about the job. My coworkers, especially the one's I attended training with were great. Good place to work if you are single with no kids.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unprofessional management
Work Force Analyst (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 5, 2017
Excellent company, supportive management, plentiful training opportunities, work place culture is positive, most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customer.
Inbound Call Rep
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 2, 2017
Answering inbound calls daily
Short break periods
Not enough opportunity to advance within company
Not enough time balance work and job life
Training needs advancement
Bad management
Operations Manager, APAC (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 31, 2017
The site director was not supportive and had favorites, which was frustrating from a director level. The company was poorly managed and I feel that there are sometimes when clients were billed, that we were not billing accurately and did not seem like there was a lot of integrity.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Bad management
Typical Call Center
Customer Service Representative/Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 31, 2017
I worked here a long time ago before it was EGS, but I assume it is still a call center, working on the phones was a necessary, well paying position for someone still in school. Flexible hours were great.
Pros
Flexibile hours
Egs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 31, 2017
You will be on the phone speaking with customers who have Verizon devices You will help them pay their bill, troubleshoot their devices. Its rewarding
Pros
free lunch vouchers, paid breaks, healthcare, pay
Cons
noisy environment, poor training
It serves a purpose
Quality Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 30, 2017
EGS is not a bad place for someone who is looking to make some money between careers or who needs extra money. I would not recommend making a career here. Most of management is only there foe a pay check not really willing to assist. The culture is not a professional setting. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the individuals who work there; the most enjoyable is the actual work that you do. Quality Assurance was a very enjoyable job.
Limited Career Potential.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJuly 27, 2017
Very limited career advancement due to discrepancies with management. Company possesses no clear direction therefore limiting employees ability to maintain positive focus.
See statement
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 13, 2017
I did not feel this company provided employees the opportunity to advance. The energy was not conducive to a professional environment. I could not trust the working relationships with my superiors and colleagues due to lack of confidentially and work gossip. Being that we were employed as a third party, we did not receive most perks that an employee would receive working directly for the company (i.e. pay and time off).
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Negative environment
Career move
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 13, 2017
These jobs were stepping stones for a significant career move, as well as knowledge for my next opportunities. I have since pursued a degree in project management in order to further my aspirations.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Insignificant pay and little room to grow
I felt like at the end of everyday I helped someone in a small way
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 11, 2017
I liked working at APAC, now EGS. Sometimes it was tough to meet their goals but team leads were very patient and helped employees try to reach them. The calls were back to back and that could be challenging but I found it fun and exciting to talk to so many different people from all over the country. I was given more opportunities then some people , I got to travel to cedar rapids, IA to help train new hires and found that was something I really enjoyed. I had the opportunity to work on several programs in employment with apac and trained every year to keep up with changing Medicare procedures. I made a lot of great friends, worked hard and remain friends with most of the people I worked with
Pros
We were able to make life long friends
Cons
pay certainly did not give any of us the satitisfaction for what we handled
Not a good place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 10, 2017
too much favoritism and drama. Mandatory overtime even if you are a part time employee. Bonus expectations are ridiculous and hard to meet and even if met there is always a excuse of why you don't qualify for a bonus.
EGS, formally known as APAC
Listener Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 9, 2017
It all depended on the day, and the people that were working. It was an alright job, especially for somebody right out of high school. You definitely needed to be very confident in yourself, otherwise the customers would break you.
Inbound Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2017
Answering calls for stressed NYTimes customers is very challenging. You have to find patience and de-escalate their anxiety. This job teaches you to become thick-skinned by the complaints that are directed personally at you. Customer service is for correcting delivery problems that occur in every state. This job has lots of over-time, and schedule changes are allowed if needed for students and people with disabilities. This company has a position for everyone that can be on-time and punctual.
Pros
Income, Perks, Over-time
Cons
Office noise can get out of control. Low wages.
Pharmacy Prior Auth
Prior Authorization Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
Inbound calls and faxes for prescription prior authorizations. Heavy call and fax volume. I was part of the escalations team. Explained benefits for Medicare.
Pros
Plenty of schedules to choose from and overtime
Cons
Bad team leads and constantly changing names

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp). Our community is ready to answer.

2.9