Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Employee Reviews

Found 1,173 reviews matching the search
See statement
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 13, 2017
I did not feel this company provided employees the opportunity to advance. The energy was not conducive to a professional environment. I could not trust the working relationships with my superiors and colleagues due to lack of confidentially and work gossip. Being that we were employed as a third party, we did not receive most perks that an employee would receive working directly for the company (i.e. pay and time off).
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Negative environment
Career move
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 13, 2017
These jobs were stepping stones for a significant career move, as well as knowledge for my next opportunities. I have since pursued a degree in project management in order to further my aspirations.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Insignificant pay and little room to grow
I felt like at the end of everyday I helped someone in a small way
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 11, 2017
I liked working at APAC, now EGS. Sometimes it was tough to meet their goals but team leads were very patient and helped employees try to reach them. The calls were back to back and that could be challenging but I found it fun and exciting to talk to so many different people from all over the country. I was given more opportunities then some people , I got to travel to cedar rapids, IA to help train new hires and found that was something I really enjoyed. I had the opportunity to work on several programs in employment with apac and trained every year to keep up with changing Medicare procedures. I made a lot of great friends, worked hard and remain friends with most of the people I worked with
Pros
We were able to make life long friends
Cons
pay certainly did not give any of us the satitisfaction for what we handled
Not a good place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 10, 2017
too much favoritism and drama. Mandatory overtime even if you are a part time employee. Bonus expectations are ridiculous and hard to meet and even if met there is always a excuse of why you don't qualify for a bonus.
EGS, formally known as APAC
Listener Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 9, 2017
It all depended on the day, and the people that were working. It was an alright job, especially for somebody right out of high school. You definitely needed to be very confident in yourself, otherwise the customers would break you.
Inbound Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2017
Answering calls for stressed NYTimes customers is very challenging. You have to find patience and de-escalate their anxiety. This job teaches you to become thick-skinned by the complaints that are directed personally at you. Customer service is for correcting delivery problems that occur in every state. This job has lots of over-time, and schedule changes are allowed if needed for students and people with disabilities. This company has a position for everyone that can be on-time and punctual.
Pros
Income, Perks, Over-time
Cons
Office noise can get out of control. Low wages.
Pharmacy Prior Auth
Prior Authorization Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
Inbound calls and faxes for prescription prior authorizations. Heavy call and fax volume. I was part of the escalations team. Explained benefits for Medicare.
Pros
Plenty of schedules to choose from and overtime
Cons
Bad team leads and constantly changing names
Team Culture
Senior Operations Manager for UPS at EGS (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2017
Great hard working team. Love the team culture. Everybody is working on the same goals. Strong training department too. great partnership with UPS client.
Pros
Great tech support
Cons
Hours during holidays season very long
has checkers and foosball table and sack toss
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
The Job in its self is not bad what is bad about is that there is akways changes not in schedule but in policies and managment ex. It is very faced paced and they treat there employees alright at times. the contract this 3rd party has is a good contract but porrly managed and if you want to get promoted you better be a good kiss asser or brown noser or else you dont have shot. My personal superviser is great he is a tl and the operation manager though.
Pros
feed you lunch is you do well and your numbers hold up
Cons
upper management is no bueno, under paid for the work you do .
very fun and active friendly enviroment to work in. Everyone is nice and patient
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 3, 2017
its a call center that deals with sirruisxm radios etc.Its only a inbound call center no out going calls.we typically answer the phones and help with our customers from paying the monthly bills, or changing plans, cancelations of service and if they have any problems working their equipment.
Pros
discounts on radios and packaged deals
Cons
no paid vacation
Apac
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 1, 2017
Worked at APAC a little over a year, was a great work environment but gets tiring answering calls and dealing with angry people after a while. good place to start off.
My summary of Alorica
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 1, 2017
There are a lot of friendly people that work for Alorica I enjoy everyday at this workplace. I enjoy every single day working at this place. The pay is great.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Short breaks
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2017
this company was an okay company could be a little better staff and the environment overall a good company very helpful trainors are helpful some could be a little more
Job Stepping Stone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2017
I worked there less than 6 months, however this job is a stepping stone and I advise those looking to gain experience to work here. I learned a lot, management pushed those who did work to continue to learn different areas. Hardest part of the job was not knowing how to help a customer and having to wait and get your answer by those walking around on the floor. Most of the time they did help however some brushed your concern off and did not help you at all. Co-workers were nice, management was okay for the most part. Favoritism was definitely prevalent and recognizable. Felt like being in high school at times. The pay was decent, however if you get benefits your paycheck is minimum. You cannot take off for 90 days which was inconvenient. If you live 30 minutes away or more the commute is not worth it on top of being yelled at 45 percent of the day on the phone. I would look elsewhere..
Pros
Monday-Friday schedule
Cons
Requesting days off
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 27, 2017
Not bad if you don't mind working with high call volumes my only concern is that you do not get your own seat you have to come in and find a seat and if all seats our full and someone is on a call you have to wait until they are done to start your shift.
High turnaround
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 27, 2017
Higher ups treat entry level associates horribly. There were also several instances of people not getting their bonuses multiple times during my time here.
Pros
Consistent environment
Cons
Terrible managers, not getting bonuses
no opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAJune 20, 2017
A typical day of work includes dealing with customers' billing issues and trying to retain customers. I learned negotiation and customer retention skills. The people I worked with were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with difficult customers. The company has a salary cap that prevents employees from advancement. This caused a high turn over rate among the employees which caused difficulties within the company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
difficult customers and no opportunity for advancement
Ehh...is the best way to describe it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 17, 2017
Some people can enjoy a job like this, but it's not for everybody. If you do well, you can pick you're own schedule. Most of the time it is chosen for you.
A genuinely terrible company.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 16, 2017
Poor management, little to no respect for employees, no opportunity for advancement. In general, this company takes advantage of its workers and their fear of being fired, lack of better options, and potentially poor financial status. If you can at all avoid it, don't work for this company, but the company preys on people who don't have a better option economically.

In general, their training is poor to nonexistant, and they're a shambling mess, poorly managed and terribly organized. Lower management and below genuinely tries its best, but there's only so much you can do.
Unorganized call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 15, 2017
Normal call center options
when their are slow times you are forced to leave giving up hours
turn over rate is high
When you are asked about you availability it is not honored

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp). Our community is ready to answer.

2.9