Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp)

Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Employee Reviews in United States

Company does not care about customer or employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 21, 2016
After working over a year at Egs, I was told I was going to get a 50cent raise after signing up to work for a different department. After training for that position, I was told I was not going to get a 50 cent raise. Also everyone else's 50cent raise got taken away after those employees where getting paid that extra 50cent for months! Company does not care about employees and expects us to increase our work load for less pay!
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
no room for advancement, poor communication, poor training
Basic office environment, low compensation.
Financial service representative (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAJuly 11, 2016
It's customer service, I guess you can't expect much. Depending on what company you get to work for you could either have a tyrannical supervisor or a lax one. Either way you will make the same if you work here for 1 year or 10 years, very few open management positions, so even though they hire from within for promotions, they happen so few and far between it's just a farce.
Pros
30min-1hr lunches, PTO
Cons
Terrible healthcare, No raises, very few actual opportunities for advancement.
Good stepping stone, but don't plan on making it a career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 7, 2016
Quoting another reviewer on here who put it perfectly:
"I have dealt with this company on and off for several years while attending college. This company deals with contracts, but they can't seem to hold a contract for very long. There is little to no job security and the advancement opportunities are minimal. The pay is also moderate compared to other call centers in the area, but the schedules are the least desireable. EGS is perfect for college students and entry level employees who want to pursue customer service, but EGS is not ideal for anyone who seeks competitive salary and job stability."
Pros
Coworkers, immediate supervisors
Cons
Low pay, low incentive bonuses
They don't care about you
doesn't matter- they don't care (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJune 23, 2016
Worked with company for many years. If you are not among the favorites of the Sr. Leadership team, then you might as well start looking elsewhere. Those that worked above and beyond were treated as if it was expected, not appreciated. Everyone is a number not a person. The current Sr. Leader needs to go, as he has know personality and only is looking out for himself and his favorite, many good people have left or been fired wrongly. This wasn't the company I thought it was. And as another great "perk" of the company....the benefits go up every year...and you get less for it. Don't waste your time on this place, until management changes....stay away.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
Sr. Leader
Horrible place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 16, 2016
People were nice but that is where it ends. Job is based on numbers and even in training if you can't met those numbers your job will be terminated. They put too much emphasis on passing survey's and not enough into creating a good customer service. How can anyone produce when your fearful of losing their job.
Pros
it's a jobs
Cons
more about your numbers and not enough about the customers
Typical Call Center Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 9, 2016
Not a bad place to work if you enjoy the call center environment.

Call volume is large and fast paced and can be very demanding at times.

Everything is very micromanaged so if you do not mind sitting for long hours and taking non-stop calls this will be perfect for you.

Management is okay, not the best, but also not the worst I've experienced. Things become a little more relaxed after management leaves in the evening.

Decent pay if you are just looking for a job to make money they also offer benefits and paid time off, even though its hard to get approved.

Overall its not a bad place to work.
Apply at ATT or United Healthcare
Customer Service Representative/ Team leader (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 16, 2016
Good place to work if you have a criminal background. Cross between a Chicago housing project and a meth lab trailer park. It's clear many don't use the company dental plan. Management doesn't even know how to read in some cases. Site director not an effective leader, hires and retains friends that are incompetent.
Pros
Met some good people in the trenches
Cons
Management, smell, outdated computers, cramped working spaces, people that don't wash their hands after leaving the bathroom
Its a call center- avoid if you can
Customer Servicer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO 64801May 3, 2016
This is a depressing and low paying place to work. It can be a stepping stone and some people love it... most will hate it and start to despise their fellow man. The humans that you talk to on the phone can range from great inspirations to very broken and sad. Unfortunately, client expectations ask you to be a carpet to get walked over and to be verbally abused. I would never recommend someone working there unless they didnt have another choice.
It's a job if you absolutely needed one.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2016
As a CPhT they do not care what accomplishments you have only that you are a body in a seat. When it comes to advancement in the company only way to advance is being buddy buddy with management. They don't look at merit and don't care about your experience in the related field for which you will be working.

They will hire a person with no medical experience as team lead position over a tech that has proved their worth, knowledge and ability to assist a team/floor. If you do your job they will keep you at the bottom so they can get their numbers for the client and promote those that don't know what they are doing and can't do their job to be your supervisors.

If you absolutely need a job you will get hired, but being "valued" by the company you will not.
Pros
its a job
Cons
They don't care about your knowledge or expertise
Negative work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2016
clock in, handle computer issues, handle customer issues, activate, move, deactivate services answer questions regarding accounts. Input customer data, note every account and call, send emails, fax, mail payper statements, Run verification check, to insure valid service, verify all accounts before giving out information.

workload can vary depending on days mondays and fridays go by real fast you stay occupied tuesday-thursday slow 50-106 call every day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
30% of work has nothing to do with your job, unrelated work, management does not respond, weekly meetings they only talk about the negative feedback never possitive, 5 1/2 yrs never heard anything good, every year they take away benefits
Productive and stable company
BCBS Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ManilaJune 5, 2016
Everyday is a busy day and we always have high volumes of calls, I learned some information how health insurances works. The company manage to set specific rewards per specific goal every month. The hardest part is you are literally talking the whole shift so you really need to rest your vocals after shift.
The Worst Contact Center I have ever seen
Tech (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJune 30, 2016
Been around call centers for over 30 years. This is the worst one I have ever seen. Management is in WAY over their head. They have no vision-everything is done on a reactionary basis. There is no communication from Supervisors or Managers (who you can tell hate the place as much as agents do). If you have an outstanding pay issue , you dont get help-and no one will give the main HR number to report this and other issues. Its going on 6 weeks of working faxes, and no one has given me any facts on the bonus structure. You have a question and you have to wait 20-30 minutes for an answer from a SME-then you might or might not get the right answer. Its a brand new account, and you can tell Management is in WAY over their head-they have no clue how to use people management skills.

I should have stayed on unemployment.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
To many to mention.... just a poorly run organization
Good stepping stone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 19, 2016
Pros
Diverse atmosphere
Cons
Moderate pay, minimal job security
All around terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 1, 2016
Managers are not knowledgeable and do not like to help. Do not have any HR issues with a supervisor because they will be overlooked as they are all friends. The managers gossip about agents. You only get negative feedback. No pay raise but they will cut your pay. They will ask you to do supervisor work if you're a good agent but you will not be recommended for any supervisor position. Computer issues daily, half of them did not work. They change policies that have nothing to do with the real issues in the workplace. Turnover rate is sky high. You may not even get paid correctly you have to consistently check your pay to make sure it's correct. I would only recommend if you can't get a job anywhere else. Levels of stress not worth the time nor pay. I worked at EGS in Greensboro NC.
Pros
You can lie to customers so job not hard
Cons
Too many to list here
Great place to get burned out really fast
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 4, 2016
Worked for about a month until the stress level was unbearable. Ridiculous call volume that is too high and consistent. Lack of support from staff. Basically on your own. Training was a joke, felt like I was in the hood. Drugs and alcohol running rampant with no drug screening.
Cons
This job is for kids getting out of highschool
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2016
This is not a bad job.. however a few changes need to be made. This is a ghetto call center, with some ghetto people. If you are getting out of highschool. It would be a good come up. Management is all over the place.. there is no chance for growth, and if there is. You still get paid around the same. When I was hired. I was told that we get commisson.. people say that they still yet wait through money that they earned. You notice that there is nothing but favortism.
Very fast pace, often stressful
Call Center Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 11, 2016
Was trained specifically for enrolling employees in health benefits for each company, then was switched to speaking with retirees trying to contact their financial advisors. The switch was sudden and w/o sufficient training. Hardest part of this part of the job was trying to explain to clients that we were a call center and only made appointments when they were told to contact us to (literally) speak with their advisors.
Cons
STRESS
Dishonest & Unreliable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 11, 2016
I love my job, but the management is dishonest and there is little job security. For the last 2 weeks, I haven't been working. They have been telling me the systems are down. Well, that was true for the first week. However, this past week is a different story. They haven't been working me because they couldn't afford to pay me. They only had "vets" on the floor. This wouldn't be a problem if they had told me. Instead they continued to lie every single day I went up there. It wasn't until I confronted them Friday afternoon with my frustrations. I have a family to provide for; rent & bills are due. I was fed up with my lack of hours. I really believe I wouldn't be working today if I had not raised a little h*ll on Friday.

It's a great job, but I need a job that pays regularly. This isn't a temp service and shouldn't behave as such.
Pros
Pay is decent. Breaks are evenly placed. Overtime opportunities.
Cons
Unreliable. Dishonest.
good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 18, 2016
I liked the 2 shift pace and how it went on the job most of the time it went fast sometimes slow but overall it was good some customers would make you feel like your going to have a bad day but not all the customers were like that
Pros
good pay good hrs nice co-workers
Cons
rowdy customers
All lies
Agent Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 20, 2016
All of the managers suck it's like they only want you to focus on this job inside and outside of work. They monitor you like a hawk can't use the bathroom without asking. The pay rate sucks and there are no raises no matter how great you are.
Pros
1hr lunches and great coworkers
Cons
Managers suck and have no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp). Our community is ready to answer.

Expert Global Solutions (EGS Corp) Reviews by Location