Expert System is a leading enterprise software company specializing in the delivery of an advanced semantic intelligence platform is looking to hire experienced US based sales professional with recent, relevant expertise in the KM sector working with unstructured data.
The selected candidate(s) will be required to develop opportunities, demonstrate expertise in sales and account management, and promote and sell Expert System software. In addition to a university degree, successful candidates will have a significant, proven sales history in the enterprise software market, or will have spent time in a customer-facing technical sales support role with the desire to move into enterprise sales.
The role of a sales director at Expert System is to meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets through prospecting for new customers and signing new business. Applicants must be motivated to reach targets, possess strong negotiating skills and be able to meet revenue and timeline requirements.
Candidates should also possess a thorough understanding of search, categorization, and entity extraction technology and be able to compare and contrast semantic technology, at all levels of an organization, with the advantages and disadvantages of competitive products (key word and statistics). Candidate must be able to demonstrate Expert System products and develop high quality proposals as a standard part of the sales process.
Weekly sales forecast calls will take place. The successful candidate must have the ability to build a solid pipeline and accurately forecast anticipated close dates.
Software Engineers wishing to transition to a full time sales role are encouraged to apply and will be strongly considered for the position. Being comfortable with a technical, consultative sales process is required.
Salary package is dependent upon relevant experience and background.
- Must have experience selling to Fortune 1000 accounts;
- Must demonstrate the ability to sell enterprise software solutions across multiple groups within a large organization;
- Must have successfully sold to and maintained relationships with C-Level executives;
- BA or BS required;
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to travel within North America;
- Must be a fast learner and possess the ability to put new ideas and concepts into action;
- Must be able to work independently, follow corporate direction and close business with minimal support;
- Must have experience with and understanding of MS SharePoint 2010 and FAST for SharePoint features and functions.
About Expert System:
Expert System has been in business since 1989. We were the first to develop a true semantic technology and are considered the largest and most mature vendor in the space. We have been profitable since the beginning, with recent growth at a compound rate of 50%. Expert System’s delivers on the promise of advanced knowledge management using true semantic reasoning technology. We have a stand-alone platform but also support and improve the capabilities of other enterprise knowledge management software.
We provide solutions that:
- Analyze text to unlock the hidden value of the 85% of the world’s information that is unstructured;
- Eliminate inefficiencies in acquiring, transforming, interpreting and applying text-based information for everyday corporate tasks;
- Support richer, improved decision making at all corporate levels.
We offer the best products for search, automated categorization and extraction of unstructured information, and natural language processing. We are focused on delivering innovative solutions that transform text into actionable intelligence in real time. We offer a highly scalable and effective technology which can be easily integrated to strengthen the value of existing solutions or be implemented as a standalone platform. We have a network of partners that, together with our products, offer consulting, implementation and training services. We have unique expertise and deliver business solutions for marketing, product development, engineering, R&D, and customer care organizations of major industries including Finance Services, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, Media & Publishing, Government, and many more.