Express Energy Services

Express Energy Services Employer Reviews

Wireline Operator (Former Employee), Pleasanton, TXFebruary 14, 2015
They give you all the supplies that you need and for the most support give you the support that you need. Work is sketchy. They tend to go through their stages where they will have several ongoing jobs and then they have stages where they don't have anything going on.
Good place to work I had good conversations with the employee's
E-line Supervisor (Former Employee), Houma, LAFebruary 6, 2015
Spent most of time at shop loading out equipment and making sure
my e-line unit was checked out properly and everything related to job
was correct and in good condition. When offshore work was always a challenge with getting work done professionally and safely. I had good conversations with management, talked about evaluating crew after jobs. The hardest part of job was working in the elements. The most enjoyable part of job was working with a good crew that had no personal issues.
Good Company
HSE Coordinator (Current Employee), HoustonFebruary 4, 2015
I had a good experience. The staff is friendly but there is little room for advancement. I world go back if I need to though.
Was able to further some skills
Casing Crew Pusher (Current Employee), Toronto, OHJanuary 7, 2015
On call 24/7
Learned some skills
Management hard to work for
Productive, fun and fast pace
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee), Laredo, TXNovember 11, 2014
Worked 12 hour days answering phone, setting jobs, dispatching tools and crews, supervised other dispatchers
Learned a lot and got along with coworkers
Management is very political
Well Test (Current Employee), Minden, LAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: get paid for 24 hours when on location
Cons: express will not buy anything for you.
If you're not playing politics and trying to kiss up then you won't go on many jobs at all. More qualified individuals get thrown to the side a lot.
Productive & fun workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: layoffs
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Laid back atmosphere and people willing to help you when learning something new.
Good Company
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 6, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
Good Company, But to much turn over in office and district management in South Texas
Express is a good company to work for.
Well Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Houma, LAJuly 29, 2014
I have enjoy my time with express energy. Express has allowed me to move forward with my career and allowed me to learn a great deal about offshore plug and abandonment and well interventions.
Good work place to acquire knowledge
Senior Operator (Current Employee), Midland, TXJune 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no rotation
Long hours, good coworkers, decent pay. A great place to start your career.
Oil and Gas Drilling Company
Maintained Personnel Files
Created Fuel Reports
NA
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Alice, TXApril 30, 2014
A GOOD PLACE TO WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good money
Well Testing/ Operator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2014
my babies need daddy at home a little more then they would allow.
The company can be an ok place to work, depending on the section you work in.
ENGINEER (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: facilities are new, computers and network are new/good, but need to be better maintained
Cons: management had a tendency to be disdainful, disrespectful to employees and not to consider our input
I am a former EES employee and I worked in the R&D Engineering section as an Engineer. My comments apply specifically to the section I worked in:

Management had a tendency to be disdainful and disrespectful to employees and not to listen nor consider technical input of employees. Too much focus and time was spent traveling outside of the office (field sites, conventions, luncheons, etc...) that was not truly necessary. As a result there was insufficient focus and time given to completely do engineering projects.
Productive work place
Pit cleaner (Former Employee), Sulphur, OKJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: traveling and learning new things
I was on call so whenever the phone rang I had one hour to get ready and be on the job site. Shoveling mud for long hours. Hardest part of the job would be the 30 hour jobs we would go on.
A great place to work when the work is here
Pipe Hand/Parts/Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Saginaw,TexasJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: not enough overtime
When Express is busy we all enjoy what we do, however the area that we work in has slowed down and our overtime has stopped. Most of us depend on the extra money to manage. Working in the oil field here at express has become hard due to lack of hours.
Tough place to work in a corporate environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2014
Work, work, work...then some more...no respect for work/life balance...
Great starter company
Lead Operator (Current Employee), Williston, NDNovember 11, 2013
Great place to break out into route sales. job security is excellent,. pay is low for field.
My Work Day
HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL & DOT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), PAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: meeting interesting people, technolgy and processes to complete work
Cons: negative people with no vision
My typical day at work would be coming in at 8:00am and setting up my daily schedule to meet my bosses expectations. I would check in with all my service line managers to see what support they would need to make their operations run smoother, safer and more efficient. As I interacted with different managers and their leadership styles I have learned how to be like a palm tree.

The palm tree is a deep rooted tree which bends easy when the storm winds comes but resilient, not breaking under the pressure but enduring the storms. As the storm passes the palm tree still stands. I have learned how to become all things to all people keeping my emotions under control no matter what comes across my path in life and being the best me I can be for my fellow human being.

My co-workers are a bunch of wonderful talented people. I have always had the up most respect for them as I learn everyday at work on their own individual uniqueness to solve problems in support of our company's goals.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with negative people who always complain but never give me concrete solutions to the problem.

The most enjoyable part of my job is a sense of accomplishment being a safety professional and doing my part to protect a life from harm both physical and mental. I feel great knowing I make a positive difference in the lives of my co-workers.
inconsistent work
Laydown Operator (Former Employee), Elk City, OKOctober 9, 2013
Cons: always on call, inconsistent pay
I really liked the actual work part of the job, but not having set hours put a burden on my family and myself. some weeks I may work over 100 hours and then the next few weeks I may only get 10... very hard to make a budget you can actually work with to survive

1 2 3