Express Energy Services Employee Reviews

Very poor company to work for
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PaDecember 21, 2016
This is perhaps the worst company I have worked for. Management are puppets with no field experience. They are herding cattle and the employees are just units. Express energy acquired my previous employer and I tolerated their policies for 3 years before firing me for no reason. They left me out to dry.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management, policies
24 hour call
Lead Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 15, 2016
Express Energy services is a great company to work or and i greatly enjoyed m time with the company. It is a great company that rearwards had work. good pay
snubbing will travel
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  North DakotaDecember 9, 2016
Primarily working in north dakota of course the weather was horrible during the winter months but the tower rotations were decent. the equipment is pretty good very similar to halliburton snubbing equipment, and as an almost mirror image of the old halliburton snubbing department express energy was a good company to work for until they lost work to snubco and had to lay off many employees including myself
Close bonds develope with co-workers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PAMarch 17, 2016
Oil/Gas industry is very susceptible to economical conditions.
The work is dangerous so Management tends to treat you like the valuable commodity you are. State of the art training facilities, and Safety is stressed vehemently.
Pros
Treated and Compensated very well
Cons
susceptible to economical conditions, on call 24/7
Good company to work for
Specialty Tools Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 3, 2015
Express energy service is a very safety conscious company. They have implemented there own safety values. Good training and good management.
A company large enough to grow in but not so large that they don't know your name.
Technical Sales (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 26, 2015
I have really enjoyed working for Express Energy Services. I like the work because it is both challenging and rewarding. Our management team requires hard work, communication and trust from us and in return they are great at building up their employees and acknowledging their hard work.
Pros
Great benefits, great personnel, and great work schedule.
Cons
Separated geographically from upper management.
Good company, good people
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Express. It was a company "growing" and had some growing pains but overall it was a good experience. I would work for them again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Good pay, good people, good benefits
Cons
Not enough checks and balances in place
Good place to pay the bills
Well Testing Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TexasOctober 17, 2015
The work force at Express in friendly and Mangers are pretty decent.
The biggest gripe I have for this company is they have no maintenance program for their equipment at all. Pretty much when you go out to a job, you try and keep your equipment together with duck tape and wire and call for rebuild kits that you have to fight for.
HR department is worthless. If you do have any issues good luck trying to get a hold of anybody.
Pros
Pays decent, friendly place.
Cons
HR is horrible, poor maintenance program.
oil field work
Caser pipe installer (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 3, 2015
over all was a great company to work for. had alot of work and great pay. stressful always gone from family but the pay was good
great company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 26, 2015
I really love working in the oil field and having great learning experiences from the great people I have met. I began working as a helper but during my stay there I became an operator. Great experience.
Well Test Operator
Well Testing Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJuly 18, 2015
Responsible for flow of newly completed wells to determine daily well production. Maintenance and insurance of equipment. Supervision of night hand.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Amount of time on location and away from family
good company
Second operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 6, 2015
good company to work for as long as the work was there, staff is easy to get along with, good benefits. the more hours you work the better your paycheck and benefits was
Pros
good wages
Cons
needs better schedule
Very family oriented company
Office Manager-Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw TexasJune 30, 2015
I loved working there for 8 years. They are very family oriented, family comes first. They treat you like family in the field but in corporate you are just a number to them. Good people to work for.
Pros
Time off when needed
Cons
Don't treat good employees very well, you're just a # to them
Good job with good benefits.
Jr Operator (Current Employee) –  Pleasonton TxJune 1, 2015
Great work place, very professional and equal opportunity company. My reason for looking for work elsewhere is due to the recent drop in oil prices also looking to be home more.
Pros
Good Hourly wages and hours.
Cons
Away from home about a month and a half at a time.
Typical Energy Service environment
Well Testing / Flow-back Technician (Former Employee) –  Tushka, OKMay 11, 2015
Express Energy Services is a typical energy service environment. You are mostly lead by under-educated people who have either worked their way up (which is actually a good situation), or someone's family member who is in the leadership role as a result of nepotism. The communication efforts are weak among the leadership and the field hands. The assignments (who gets to work with the company's having the best wells) is strictly determined by friendship status. It does have good pay for the work demanded of you, regardless of what company you are servicing. The work is very much "here today, gone tomorrow" style, and no family plans or vacations can ever be planned. It's a JOB, NOT A CAREER.
Positive Learning Environment
Electric Wireline Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Express offers a strong platform for learning and experience. Housing is provided with healthy compensation. The toughest part of the job is being away from family.
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXFebruary 14, 2015
They give you all the supplies that you need and for the most support give you the support that you need. Work is sketchy. They tend to go through their stages where they will have several ongoing jobs and then they have stages where they don't have anything going on.
Good place to work I had good conversations with the employee's
E-line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 6, 2015
Spent most of time at shop loading out equipment and making sure
my e-line unit was checked out properly and everything related to job
was correct and in good condition. When offshore work was always a challenge with getting work done professionally and safely. I had good conversations with management, talked about evaluating crew after jobs. The hardest part of job was working in the elements. The most enjoyable part of job was working with a good crew that had no personal issues.
Good Company
HSE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  HoustonFebruary 4, 2015
I had a good experience. The staff is friendly but there is little room for advancement. I world go back if I need to though.
Was able to further some skills
Casing Crew Pusher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OHJanuary 7, 2015
On call 24/7
Learned some skills
Management hard to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9