Express Energy

Express Energy Employer Reviews

Nachos in the break room.
Tranportation Manager (Former Employee), san Angelo, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great fellow workers, decent pay
Cons: on call 24/7
My previous District Manager liked to have fun. He put popcorn machine and nacho machine in the break room. He kept the office out of monotony.
A day at work was never the same because of the ever changing protocols and demands. I might take a dispatchers place, do an HSE accident meeting, investigate a loss of time breakdown or deliver tools. Whatever it took to get the job done safely.
I did enjoy sitting back and seeing all the progress and impact that I made as a Transportation Manager.
Class A CDL Driver position wanted.
driller, truck driver (Former Employee), Abilene, TXFebruary 28, 2015
We drilled mouse and rat holes and set surface pipe for drilling rigs. Job was to haul pipe and operate heavy equipment. I have a class A CDL license.
poor management poor training
Wireline Engineer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: poor management
12 hour work days under constant pressure. I learned operator duties as well as engineer duties. I experienced poor management due to lack of experience and unwillingness to cooperate.I worked with both good and bad employees. The hardest part of my job was being away from home. The best part of my job was that I was constantley learning new things
Field Hand/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Montgomery, PAAugust 10, 2014
Management was easy to work with, long hours and lots of overtime
Accounts Payable Department is not friendly environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: it was a job that initially had potential
Cons: management is very stand offish to employees
Not a good work environment. Supervisor is rough around the edges and does not train well. She is good at what she does, just doesn't allow workers to work to their full potential. Micro manages even though she claims that she doesn't. Manager rarely engaged with employees.
"teachers pet" mentality with employees.

would NOT suggest working here
CRT TECH
CRT and Torque Turn Tech, Crew Pusher (Current Employee), Montgomery, PAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: learning experiance
Cons: very poor management.
build tools, run casing, push a crew, i learned a lot and have a lot of experience with different tools and computers.
Can be an ok place to work; depending on the section you work in
Research Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 16, 2014
Pros: facilities are new
Cons: management had tendency to be disdainful and disrespectful to employees.
I am a former EES employee and I worked in the R&D Engineering section as an Engineer. My comments apply specifically to the section I worked in:

Management had a tendency to be disdainful and disrespectful to employees and not to listen nor consider technical input of employees. Too much focus and time was spent traveling outside of the office that was not truly necessary. As a result there was insufficient focus and time given to completely do engineering projects.

If the same management is running the R&D section, then I do not recommend the company's R&D section as a place to work.
Solid work and Good workforce
Pressure Test Operator/QAQC/Shop Hand (Current Employee), Montgomery, PAMay 10, 2014
Pros: tight knit group of co workers, constantly moving
Cons: pay can sometimes be an issue
Co-workers are like family. Solid work done in a work day. Constantly moving and engaging. immediate supervisors involved and engaging. work gets rough sometimes when you have those 16+ hour days.
Great Training Program
Accountable for administrative support to Office (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2014
Express is one of the leading service companies in all of TX. They have a state of the art training facility that is packed with everything you need to excel at your new job.
terrible place to work
wireline (Former Employee), Williston NDMarch 3, 2014
Pros: good schedule
Cons: management
Management was a joke, extreme favoritism and micromanagement.
I wouldnt wish this place on my enemies.
Productive and wonderful place to work (Serves food all the time)
Accounts Payable Clerk (TemporaryAssigment) (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2013
Great place to work and grow as a professional. The hours were flexible making it convenient for me to come and not stress about traffic. The manager there was very helpful and knowledgeable with the job and their expectations. The salary was one that I looked for and appreciated.
In all honesty this was one of the best work places I have had the pleasure of going to work.
Great location and great pay only offering temporary assingments.
Accounts Payable/Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Extremely busy which makes the day go by fast. Repetitive work helps to master skills.
Not a good place to work
Worked in accounting (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 9, 2013
The company lacks integrity and honesty. Policies, procedures, regulations, are all just words to them.
very hard work pay was great
Oil Rigging Crew (Former Employee), Craig, COAugust 7, 2013
rig up truck to oil rig roll pipe on to jacks and then rig down truck depending how deep the hole was we could be there for hours or day and depending if anything broke and how long it took to fix great pay great bosses
I enjoyed working for this company
Snubber (Former Employee), Williston, NDAugust 5, 2013
Pros: good medical insurance, and 401k plan
Cons: not much
* would work 20 days and 10 days off
* I got to know a lot of good workers enjoyed working with them
Great Company to work for
HSE Manager/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, OHAugust 5, 2013
Great company to be a part of. Many chances to learn more information and provided with the knowledge to sufficiently do my job.
HSE/DOT Coordinator Position
Health, Safety Environmental & DOT Specialist (Current Employee), Montgomery, PAMay 11, 2013
Pros: company has its own safety school where new employees learn needed safety and jobskills
Cons: there is no fast burner program where exceptional workers are reconized.
- Typical day at Express is very busy with HSE/DOT job requests like audits, accident investigations and employee refresher training.
- I have learned about how complex the oil and gas industry is and how to effectively help managers solve problems and implement cost effective solutions.
- Management and co-workers work well together in the Company and employees are free to give inputs to process improvement through our observation program.
- The hardest part of the job is dealing with people's negative attitudes especially when they want to complain about the job instead of fixing the problem.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is when I train an employee so they understand the risks of the job and how to reduce these risks so they don't get hurt. This is most enjoyable for me knowing that I saved someone's Dad, Husband and friend to a family member.
Productive and easy going
Secretary (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXApril 15, 2013
A typical day would be making p.o.'s inputting them in the computer, answering phones and transferring calls, coping, filing, taking messages, dispersing the mail, filling out expense reports, and keeping the office running smoothly.
A small company with great core values headed in the right direction.
Sustaining Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 23, 2012
Pros: great group of guys working for me, my office is not too far from my children's daycare, and great pay.
Cons: micro manager for a boss that leads by fear, bonuses not available as promised, shorted a week of promised vacation.
My typical day at work is very busy and demanding. Every week I have a project update meeting with each one of my product line experts/engineers to line out the week and prioritize their tasks and projects, then throuhout the week keep them headed in the right direction. At Express, I've learned another side of the oil and gas services industry, that I was not previously exposed to (ie. Casing, pump trucks, well testing, etc.). The senior leadership team (VPs, SVPs) and the executive leadership team (EVPs and CEO) are all great people that you can easily talk to when needed. On the other hand, the current reporting structure of my group, the Sustaining Engineering Group, reporting to the Quality Director is holding up progress in a lot of areas where my group's technical expertise is much needed. Deadlines are occassionally missed due to the inefficient approval process of projects that come out of my group having to be approved by Quality for somethings as simple as formatting a document. I've asked for a technical writter to be added into my budget, but it was denied. My group and I make suggestions with objective evidence as to why, and if the Quality Director is not interested nothing with happen. This in a sense is or could give leadership at Express a bad outlook on my group, and make me seem ineffective as a leader. I'm micro managed, and have been told to micro manage my group, when that is not required. Another difficult part of my job is that when too many field hands are laid off by operations, the VPs look to the resources in my group to cover those jobs, and regardless – more... of the guys working out in the field the Quality Director still expects them to work because they have their cell phones and laptops, that's hard to do out on a very dangerous job site. The stress from this job placed on me by my boss the Quality Director is not healthy, I often do not have an appetite, and it's beginning to affect my family life. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the great guys that make up my group, and seeing them succeed, even with the difficult situations we often face. – less
hardwork
Lead floor hand (Former Employee), Montgomery, PADecember 12, 2012
the company was unsafe, didnt follow safety procedures, didnt have enough employees to run all the jobs