Express Fashion Employee Reviews

great first job
SALES LEADER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2017
This is not a place to work if you are seriously trying to make money. I was paid minimum wage and they took advantage of your time. A friend of mine was there 5 years and was promised a raise multiple times and never received it. The discounts are not great its like 40% and there are no benefits. Prepare to get paid under 9 dollars.
Pros
the music they play, environment is fun
Cons
pay, no benefits, management
great temporary job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 21, 2017
great temporary job for people looking for seasonal and temporary work. Cool uhh great naa blessed emm no lucky nah chosen ah ah appreciated the job but can't say much else
Pros
beautiful coworkers
Cons
hours
Associate discount
Fashion Expert (Team Leader) (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 8, 2017
My daily tasks were to make sure goals were met and customers were happy. I would train associates on the selling aspect of working in a clothing store. Work environment was always lively and fun. Managers held a positive outlook on day goals and believed their associate can reach them. The hardest part was making up for studio returns.
Productive work environment
Stylist (Fashion Expert) (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 7, 2017
It is an outstanding company to work for, great company culture and ethics. It has a fast paced environment that creates a great atmosphere every day.
Pros
discount
Cons
part time
Boring, not very exciting, over priced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
It was extremely slow paced, and boring. You don't make a lot of money. The managers get the most hours and post pay. Some days only managers work and no associate.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
great company
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 10, 2017
great company to work for if you have no children. long hours great pay. work every weekend. great discount. great fitting clothing. management is awesome.
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 7, 2017
You will be worked extremely hard for minimal pay, however, the experience gained working here far surpasses the pay. The managers are very knowledgeable.
Minimum wage job dealing with horrible people on a regular basis
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 7, 2017
The location might've just been bad however there was constant theft in the store and associates were tasked with the job of a security guard at times
Pros
Easy retail work
Cons
Short unregulated breaks, labor intensive at times, monotonous, weird coworkers, rude customers
Love fashion? Come to Express
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 6, 2017
I've never had experience in apparel retail before I worked there in 2014. Three years later, I've learned about clothes for both men and women that I never would have known before. Different fits, different styles, and what looks best together for all occasions. Working here has been a flexible yet rewarding experience, well worth it as a career path or just to earn a little extra cash. Customer service is a main focus for this place, as it should for all shops. Wanna look good in the modern world? Come to this place!
Pros
Fashion styles, employee discounts
Cons
Dress code
High turnover rate for a reason
Part Time Manager (Current Employee) –  West CoastJuly 8, 2017
Was transfered to another location, and when I asked for compensation for the commute time and gas, I was told I should just do it, "for the love of the brand."
Salaried DM's don't care about people under them, and they push to make sure they get their bonus checks while caring nothing about employees. Managers often don't come onto the floor and will make employees do the work for them (ran the store by myself once as a new associate)
Pros
Super lax enviroment
Cons
Don't care about employees

Want to know more about Express Fashion?

Ask a question
Enjoyable
Head Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 1, 2017
I have a love for fashion- this job really inspired me to engage in taking charge and making sales. Every week there were new items to set up and sell- giving me an opportunity to meet new customers.
Fun atmosphere with always changing responsibilities.
Advanced Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 26, 2017
Management was always encouraging and prompting quality work of employees.

The brand was an upscale/urban style and the workplace mirrored that in store design, background music, and work attitude.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 27, 2017
Great job and great environment. Flexible hours. Great first job in retail, you get to encounter many different types of people. Moderate to heavy workload. Easy going atmosphere.
Fun environment but bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNApril 26, 2017
It was always a fun atmosphere to come to work to but the management wasn't so hot! That's the only bad thing other than that it was good interacting with customers and styling them.
Co-Manager/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 19, 2017
I love the culture the company has created. I stayed here all through my college career and still keep it as a part-time job. The customers I help are rewarding enough.
Productive Work Place
Express Associate/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 21, 2017
Very fast paced retail work. Very long closing hours. The closes are to bed done to dot. If you are looking for a organized and strict retail place to work that is the place
fun workplace and great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 2, 2017
Absolutely working at Express! Loved the staff and it was a very hard decision to leave after being with the company for a little over threes years . There were just no hours after holiday.
Working at Express
Floor Sales and customer fashionista (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMarch 1, 2017
Working at Express was a good experience but it was hard work. Especially, when i had to close. You have to fold the clothes a certain way, Size them, & Color code them.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Express was a company where it focus a lot about their products and retail. Increase sales for the store and making sure all customers transaction were being process in a timely manner.
No Better Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 26, 2016
They are amazing and everything about them is quality. There has never been a bad day since I've worked there. If the pay wasn't minimal. I would never consider leaving.
Pros
Potlucks, Associate Appreciation
Cons
Nothing at all