EXPRESS JET

EXPRESS JET Employer Reviews

Protect your License
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee), CAEFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: coworkers, flight benefits
Cons: local management, sick leave policy
Personally, I would pass on this company unless you recently received your A&P. The people that you work with are good people for the most part and will usually take time to help in any way they can so that you learn the aircraft if you show initiative and are willing to help them when your day is slow. Alot of days you will be doing something new but – more... other days it will be phase inspections or line checks.
The manager at my location is not management material. He will tell you to be safe and follow the AMM, then want to know why you didnt finish your task when other mechanics could finish is half the time. (because they took shortcuts) His main priority was making gate time. The only time you see him (because most maintenance is done at night) is when he was complaining about productivity. He will say something like " y'all are clearing more MEL'S than any other MX base with less people than the other locations... but that is not good enough" and continue to complain about performance. He has a confrontational attitude and will call you out in safety meetings with, "if you have a problem with me, tell me and we will discuss it in my office." To me, this is very unprofessional. If you try to talk to him, he will tell you anything, even lie to you, just so you leave him alone but he never addresses anything with anyone else.
My location could be a lot more efficient but aircraft are going AOG on a nightly basis because of the lack of parts, this includes screws, placards, consumable materials and TBO items that were scheduled to be changed on phase checks which are planned days, even weeks in advance.
There will be times when you are asked to do things that are undocumented or questionable. You will find questionable repairs from other stations also so protect your A&P. Most dont affect airworthiness but be sure to look beyond your task because your signature buys all previous work performed. Leads and Supervisors will also try to get you to sign things off or overlook things that are not correct according to the AMM, just to make gate on time. That is what makes money for the company so that is their only priority. If you question Supervision, Leads, or Inspectors be prepared for them to punish you. Supervision and Leads by giving you the hardest, most time consuming task to perform for a while (days, weeks, even months) or putting you on the same task that you did according to the AMM, but they think you should have taken shortcuts so it could be done in a shorter amount of time. Inspectors will put personal feelings into their walk arounds and things they have to 'buy back.' If they dont like you, your lead, have problems at home, or are irritated at the company, you will have a bad night. Some even try to ground the plane and go AOG because the flight comes in late. They will be arrogant through excessive write-ups or by them wanting to give you a hard time just because they can. That being said, always walk on eggshells. The culture here is also a 'good ole boy' system, favoritism is rampant and can be seen on a daily basis after you have been here awhile and get to know their system.
The company attendance policy is also a joke. You earn sick time but are penalized if you use it. If you miss time for any reason, you are given an occurence. Consecutive absences are only one occurence, although, if you are out 2days, go back the 3rd day but cant make it to work on the 4th day for the same reason as day 1&2, it is considered 2 occurences. If you get 3 occurences in 6 mos or 4 in a rolling 12month period, you get put on a step 1. Every day missed after you are on a step causes you to go to the next step. It takes 6mos to come off of a step. They have 4 steps total, step four being termination. I would say that 75% of employees at my location are on some step.
In summary, if you just need some experience, go for it, you will learn new things from knowledgeable coworkers with diverse backgrounds. I do daily and have been in the aviation industry for years. Just look after yourself and don't get pressured into questionable maintenance practices. Stand your ground, that A&P license in your pocket is yours, your name is on it, not theirs! – less
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: friendly enivironment
Cons: low salary
Customer service, data entries, enjoy working with people
It is fun and challenging
retired flt attendant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2013
Express jet is one of the best airline to work for, benefits are great,
You learn very quickly how valuable you are. Management are are always there for you, you need to be a team player to work for the airlines, there is no hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part of my job was traveling everywhere in the 50th state and have great co workers.43
Great company
Aviation Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 6, 2013
I don't know about now but before the merge with ASA, it was a good place for a family man/woman to work. The pay could definately be better but the benefits were amazing.
Fun
Aircraft Appearance Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 3, 2013
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: short breaks
Cleaning aircrafts was fun while it lasted. i learned that team work is the key. I got along with all my co-workers. The most enjoyable part is break time between the planes.
express jet
overnight hangar maintenance (Current Employee), atlanta, gaJuly 12, 2013
going through some growth pains but a good place to work. i have worked heavy maintenance so working overnight hangar for a busy airline is a new experience for me. The benefits could use some work and so could the pay. The job security is good and the people are great.
Be prepared to work for a woman that's says "Do as I say not as I do"
Maintenance Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaMay 10, 2013
Pros: great fly benefits and great company store and snack room
Cons: poor management skills, no money in position and don't look to get a raise!!!
All in all great company to work for, I personally didn't care for my management because there was very little. If she was not late coming into work she was either taking a sick day off or in a week long glass a the local Georgia Tech college. Co-Workers are great and are easy to get along with.
productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: flight benifits
Cons: you had to go to houston for training
get the ouside ready for departures.separte the bags in the bag room and make sure the food and ice were on the plane.then we would load it and push the plane back.
when i worked nights we would bring the planes in and unload them and then clean them and seal them.
with the co workers we would all takes turn doing loading unloading. we all worked as – more... a team to clean them.
the hardest part was loading the planes. bags are heavy and in a small spot.
the most enjoyable was we all could joke around with each other and just made it fun. – less
very cool place to work at
Airport Service Agent (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 8, 2012
Pros: eating the candy and drinking the drink
Cons: long hours
this was a night warehouse job is what pretty fun this was a very stress ful , and i like it a one point but now i feel diffrent because they have some type of racsims going on ,the mangers are mean the co workers are pretty cool ,the hardest part is the production .the thing i like most was you can eat the candy,
Pass
Everything (Former Employee), IAHJune 27, 2012
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: management, pay, dishonest, and unsecure.
It use to be a great place to work until new management took over. The CEO lies to it's employees on a daily basis. A lot of people started to jump ship and I was one of them. The culture turned from fun to slave work. Stay away from this company if you can.
terrible place to work for. supervisor in charge is a woman which is ok but her and few other not so feminie women dont like men to work with them.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXJune 3, 2012
Pros: flt benefits
Cons: pay, management
ive worked alot of places but this is the worst. manager likes to scream at workers, just a bad enviroment to work at.
Ramp work for the Airlines
Airport Sales Agent (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 1, 2012
Pros: everything
amazing place to work I love the environment is exciting and joyful people are great and well management are amazing