Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers Employee Reviews

Do not work for this place.
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2017
The store manager chris at the missouri city location next to lowes is a complete idiot. Gives you smoke and mirrors when discussing whats going to happen once employed at the store and the exact opposite happens.
Says he will train you to be a "service writer" within the next few month. Has told the other guys the same thing and they've been there for months to a couple of years and they've never been trained. Bad management there do not work there. Good ol boy system there. Heed this review.
Pros
Cons
Chris the store idiot
Depends on who and where
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 26, 2017
You work, franchise or corporate. But yes this is another up sell quickly lube that wants you to also rip people off selling services they don't need to fatten up your bottom line. They hire the lowest IQ low level workers and wonder why nothing is fixed right. When you pay Peanuts you get Peanuts
Pros
Made more then any other manager
Cons
Working there
typical work week
Hood Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 11, 2017
our manager would leave stuff out from orders that we would need for the week. He would sometimes forget to mention or present the weekly schedule to his employees; leaving the assistant manager to have to pull up from his slacking behavior. The hood techs would be on the floor nearly all of the 9 and a half hours of our work day without very much to drink or eat because of our rules against food or drinks within the bays.

The assistant manager is a great man and an incredible member of the team, but he can't do everything for our manager.

I wasn't able to learn much while there besides the basics. The pace is so incredibly fast that no one has time to be trained.

hardest part of the job is maintaining a great attitude and healthy mindset while being thwarted in this endeavor by fellow coworkers who are out for themselves.

the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting wonderful customers along the way and the company of the few good workers employed therein.
Fun and fast paced
Lube Technician and Office Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 6, 2017
I loved working there. Just needed a better paying job. Love doing mechanic and oil changes. Meeting new people while i worked there. Great Boss. Funny co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts, Fun
Cons
Not hardly any costumers. Alot of setting around
Relaxed but not
Hood Technician (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 18, 2017
some days you can do nothing for hours on end but others you run and run and run till you realize its quitting time. however, its too much time for the pay. I like it but i Wont be doing it forever.
Pros
many hours
Cons
no chances to start a task and finish a task always jumping around.
fun job
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALOctober 5, 2017
laid back place to work and my co workers were great people and you have plenty of down time for smoke breaks and to do your daily cleaning and stocking.
Pros
plenty of down time
Cons
no set lunch break
Honest to there customers
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Decent pay for the lube industry. They have a mentality that only upper management is allowed to have personal problems that can interfere with work. They make you clock out for breaks
Pros
Good customers
Cons
management
Difficulty from Higher ups
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 22, 2017
Working with the team is great, and the pay and hours are pretty good, but It corporate can make for a very difficult working environment. Wish they give us as much as we put into that place.
Pros
pay, hours.
Cons
corporate.
Great company who values their employees!
Vice President of Mechanical Operations (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2017
A rapidly growing company with a phenomenal CEO. Their career development system enables every employee to plan and work toward their goals. Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers emphasizes "integrity in every action" at all levels within the organization.
Pros
People are their most valued assets
Cons
Working on Saturday
Horrible. Do not apply.
Oil Bay Manager/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 7, 2017
Absolutely waste of your time, go look somewhere else. If there was ever a company where you literally break your back only for a check after 2 weeks that comes to $300, this would be it. Corporate side is fine, but whatever you do, do not apply for a franchise owned site. I worked there for 2 years with promised promotions and received nothing but a $0.75 raise, and that was only after threatening to quit. Even after placing me in one of the managerial positions, I was only bringing in $9.00 an hr. I have seen hundreds of people come through this company within a lifespan of two years only to quit for the very little pay they received. Put my two weeks in rather than leaving them out to hang dry and shorthanded, how do I get repaid? My last check for those 2 weeks was $3.99. Don't waste your time like I did. I promise you there are better opportunities out there. Nothing but greedy folks who try to justify and make themselves feel good by telling everyone they are a good Christian company.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Express Oil Change
Pit Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2017
Great place to work. Don't worry if you are unsure about what to do because there is a team already there willing to teach and show you how it's done.
Its a fast pase job with no benefits. Its a risky day to day job
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 25, 2017
The express oil I work at is a mess. Its very disorganised and not fun. The boss threatens to fire people every day for things that he invents up. No real rools just made uo rools. This job did build caracter in me and gave me a peek in the real world but i would like something else.I would like to come in amd not be scared to get fierd that day.
Pros
They let us youse the mixed recycled oil for our oil changes
Cons
No brakes at all, hot and humid
Worst place i have worked walmart is better
Pit Technician, hood technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2017
Started as pit with years of previous experience, told to work my way up ended up doing hood tech, mechanical and my job when asked for a raise or at least some fans since it's summer in Houston texas. They told me they didn't have the money they told me they would give a $1.00 raise instead they gave me 75 cents and If I didn't like it McDonald's was down the road. You would be better paid at a firestone or walmart or anywhere else. They will insult you, steal from you, belittle you and phycologocialy abuse you. Dehydration, and malnutrition
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pay, environment, management
Not good
Hood Technician (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJuly 16, 2017
No lunch brakes sorry pay. Fast paced. Money hungry management. Bad work place. Buildings are falling in. Lighting sucks you cant see to do your job. Unfaire. Whats good for the goose is not good for the grander.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
The Building didn't fall in.
Enjoyable work environment
Auto Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 16, 2017
This company is very good company to work for. I would say if you have a dream to progress in the automotive field this would be a wonderful company to join.
Terrible Management
Pit Technician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 15, 2017
Terrible work environment and even worse management. Not sure if all locations were this miserable to work at or if it was just mine. Stay far, far away.
Pros
Routine work
Cons
Low pay, bad work conditions, bad management
This is a good company to work for
Hood Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 19, 2017
Offers 50 hours a week, just getting burned out on it. Not really a place if your looking for advancement or a lot of money. It is a good company other then that. If it's where you wanna take your vehicle for superb service and people that you can't trust with a big investment of your life being your vehicle
Pros
will work out if you have something going on
Cons
not enough money for the job detail
Good Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Trussville, ALMay 30, 2017
Good place to work, but pay is not enough for required work. Required to work 50 hours per week. Health insurance is very high. Managers are able to use company condos at no charge.
An amazing company to start an automotive career with.
Technician/ Pit Technician (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMay 1, 2017
Most locations will train you from the ground up and even pay for your ase certifications. You can really ask for a greater company to begin an automotive career with.
My franchise is fantastic
Service Manager/Technician & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 18, 2017
I work at a franchised location, so this is specific to our franchises. The owner truly believes in treating people fairly and takes care of his team!
Pros
The best group of people o have ever worked with
Cons
No room for personal growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9