Express Personnel Services Employee Reviews

New company & could not complete job description posted.3
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 14, 2017
People were friendly. When you had a question you had no idea who to go to. When you were having problems, you were to told to figure it out because you had been shown how once.

There was no communication between personnel office and company you worked for. Messages were not forwarded from personnel office.
Pros
I was sent out on interviews the very next day & was hired on the spot.
Cons
The job only lasted 3 days because of the communication problem.
Temp personel
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at work was a variety of temp jobs mostly outdoors,
I learned about construction , and the lumber industry.
The management was great at this company,they kept me working non stop at fair pay for the times.
workplace culture varied a lot due to a variety of jobs.
there really wasn't any hard parts of this job because I was working outdoors witch I really enjoy.
the most enjoyable thing about this job was the variety of good people I got to work with.
Pros
wonderful jobs with good people
Cons
Overall
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 26, 2017
On call to various companies ranging from 4-12hr shifts. Learned multiple skills with pneumatic tools, production lines, presses, forklifts and how to work with a team to insure shipment on time with proper management. Work culture depended on where we were at. Music was usually a motivator for me. Working for express, the hardest part was having to be at a location right away. Being able to learn multiple skills from other workers with many years of experience at these locations.
Pros
veriety
Cons
hours
This agency is awesome
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 19, 2017
I had moved to Owatonna on three different occasions and Kathy Schroeder at Express Personnel always welcomed me and always found office positions for me. The first time I worked for Wenger Corporation starting in the mailroom and ended up being hired full time in the Accounting Department. The second time I was hired at Modern Metal and the last time that I worked with her I had two temporary positions before moving to Wisconsin, She really does a great job.
Benevolent Sweat Shop
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 12, 2017
The company does not value hard working employees. They run a pervasive sweatshop where executives get richer, better benefits and more bonuses and the "average" employee is worked like a dog.

The expectation is you are at your desk early and if you are one minute late you are reprimanded. I once pulled into the parking lot at 8AM and by the time I walked up the stairs (1 flight) to the 2nd floor and arrived at my desk (8:03) I had a note on my desk that said "your late".

Forget about leaving early. They are happy to have you work more and not pay you, but if they could they would dock your pay by the minute.

NOT a family friendly company at all!
Pros
sonic ice machine in the breakroom
Cons
too many to count
Productive, good atmosphere
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sublimity, ORMarch 2, 2017
I have worked with Express Personnel for almost a year and so far I have had good experience with job placement, however, the placements have not been to permanent positions. I currently do not have benefits with the company since I am only considered to be "temporary" employment. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and I receive my paychecks on time every week.
Horrible
Recruiter- HR- Client Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 14, 2016
A typical day would involve fighting among co workers/management and lots of jealousy. Its NOT a team. No one wants to help each other out if its not beneficial to them. Dating in the office including one couple actually getting married happens. You will never be good enough and not that I expect not to be pushed but being pushed to do more while being put down is not okay. Unless you party after work with them and the owner... you will never go further in your career and will eventually be pushed out.
Pros
Good Benefits thorugh corporate
Cons
Negativity, no team work, fratinizing
excellent internet based company
Temp to hire for customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 21, 2017
If certain legal issues, out of my control, had not caused me to lose this job, I am certain that i would have advanced rapidly from a phone support person to an management position inn QA or IT departments based on my prior experience.
Pros
snack days, fun culture, great support and training
Cons
location
Has a good reputation for matching skills with the employment position.
Clerical Support/Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WADecember 25, 2016
I had many interesting experiences with different employers. Many times the temporary positions lasted for several months at a time. This allowed me to gain knowledge and skills that I would not have had the opportunity otherwise.
Pros
Many different experiences.
Cons
Short and long term assignments
You're always working a different job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 28, 2016
If you're trying to figure out what you want to do in life being a temporary worker is probably a good thing to do because you get to try many different jobs and you never have to apply for them you just report to new job if you don't like the one you are in now as a temp and if you like the job you are in now just keep working in that job and in three months you may get to hired by the company you are working for as a temp
Pros
Get to try new jobs and meet new people
Cons
Not really any cons unless you need a steady pay check
Productive and always changing
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, AR 71901February 21, 2017
Most of my assignments have been great. But the problem is that they were temp positions. I loved being able to talk to new people and helping in any way possible. No matter what position I was in, I felt I was the window into this office I was working for.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Bad benefits
Temporary Placements
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2017
This was a company I went to keep money rolling in. The bills didn't stop just because the economy tanks. So they put me in several jobs that were with good companies.
Pros
Always had work
Cons
They did not care if you were over qulified for the job. they expected you to not turn it down
Poor management
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TX 76148December 8, 2016
show poor management, requested to transfer to different department within the assign company, if possible. Was terminated from assignment and never called. When asked, was told requested to quit, and that there are no more job available. Yet, still hiring for same position at office.
Pros
find job
Cons
want to keep you as temp forever
typical contract
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2017
a typical contract lasted nine months. sure there were some weekend and holiday work. few issues with permanents parties thinking negatively regarding contractors, but it was doable contract
Pros
compensation/co-work diversity
Cons
temp work/some minor co-wrker opinions
Standard Temp agency
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAMarch 9, 2017
The work varied but it was frequent and they kept me busy. The managers were friendly and worked hard to find jobs for me, usually averaged around 11$/hr. Hardest part of the job is not knowing where exactly to go and who to talk to in order to start work on a new job.
Working is rewarding
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 27, 2017
Having the ability and drive to work is very rewarding. It teaches you valuable skills and helps you grow in many aspects. Every job has its ups and downs, but you need perseverance and a positive outlook on everything you do to make the job worth while.
receptionist position when needed
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 3, 2017
answering multi line phones, Filing alphabetical and numeric, customer service, working with word, some excel, some power point, and internet. The hardest part of this job was finding a job with them.
Pros
there friendly people
Cons
hard to find a job
Good Temp Agency
Expedia Virtual Card Co-coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2017
They were real quick to find me another job after one of the jobs I worked ended. The office staff are all very friendly and helpful. They even call and remind you to submit your time sheet
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
werent any cons - good company
Great workplace to further your skills in your area of work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Longview, WADecember 13, 2016
this company helps with everything from life struggles to guidance to get into the carrier path you desire very positive environment and very motivating staff knowledgeable
Pros
very flexable, great support system, very knowledgeable
It was nice job
Walmart (Stocker) (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be a call coming in around 8 am letting me know were the job is at, and what time to be there. The places they sent me were good environments, very respectable people and nice to work with. After your first day of work you would know if they wanted you to come back the next day.
Pros
good environment
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Personnel Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Express Personnel Services Reviews by Location