Express Scripts

Express Scripts Employer Reviews

10$ a hour -Plus you're forced to join the union! = less than 300 every two weeks!
Data Entry (Former Employee), Bensalem,PAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: the free coffee
Cons: all
This place was by far the worst TEMP job ever! I have never seen a place ran so poorly. The pay is terrible. They only pay 10.00$ a hour; and you MUST join the union which will take and additional 75$ out of your check each and every paycheck.Which in turn, will leave you with pretty much nothing!!!! You will not make over 800$ a month, period!!! Also, – more... The training is so absurd! They take you through every teeny, tiny thing just to learn something so simple! And FYI: if you don't past the last test given at the end of the training class; you will be fired. They also call you on every little thing, and I do mean everything!! Pretty much every one leaves. Either because of the terrible pay, or the way they treat you. And they also fire a lot of people once the review comes up after 90days. I had 16 people in my training class and only 3 of us survived the 90 day review. You have to ask yourself? Why does this company hire 24/7? That alone, should be a red flag! Good luck applicants! – less
constant work
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2014
Constant work with phone and faxes. A lot of overtime is possible
Coporate enviroment
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 16, 2014
Utilize specialized medical classification software to assign procedure and diagnosis codes for insurance billing.
Code plans specified by companies to fit the needs of its clients.
Meet timeline schedules according to the needs of our clients.
Challenging work environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Montvale, NJOctober 15, 2014
Pros: nice location
A typical day would include database updates of client information and ad ho
pure corporation
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2014
typical corporate environment. laid off due to closings. not fun.
Productive work atmosphere
Workers Compensation PCA (Current Employee), Saint Marys, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: benefits
Take incoming and make out bound calls, have a working knowledge of workers compensation, assist adjusters, pharmacies, and injured workers with questions, and authorizations.
Well organized company.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: specious office space
Cons: closed down the facility
Express has very efficient and user friendly computer system. Management has a clear goal. They presented their expectations in very positive way and encouraged us and helped us to achieve good works.
No room for growth
Expert Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOOctober 14, 2014
I learned how to manage my own time. There are not a lot of opportunities for a raise.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2014
Before Express Scripts, I worked for Medco. When Express Scripts bought Medco there was many changes and challenges. I enjoyed my time there.
Working along with Teamworkers
Pharmacy Production Clerk/Bulk & Prep Department (Former Employee), Whitestown, INOctober 13, 2014
Pros: working with team
Cons: confusion with temp service and company itself
You get to learn a lot about the medications, the automated counting system, Qval, bottle cutting, bottle inspecting, bulk & prepping the medication. I am a Pharmacy Technician and I learn a lot from doing a job than reading. It gives me the experience hands-on but working with co-workers can be a pain in the butt. Sometimes there is no co-worker interaction – more... only with people that I'm hired with are get along people. Better yet sometimes it's hard listening to the management and changing details of your work. It is also confusing with the temp service and Express Scripts dealing with your contracts, which I think it should've been the temp's decision. I got confused at the end of October 10th because they ended my contract. But Saturday was mandatory and I had to work, It is still confusing when I put my hours in that I couldn't put my hours in past the due date of October 10th. It is bothersome. Yet stupid. – less
Terrible
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2014
Express Scripts is an ok place to work. I have many dislikes about this company. If you do not know anyone it is hard to move to a different position. If you have relatives in a supervisor position you are ok to move ahead even if you do not have the skills. I really think that is not fair because you have people that has been there for years that apply – more... for a particular position and not able to get it. I really think they are unorganized change is good but too much change is bad. One day you can do this the next day you cannot. This cause too much confusion and incorrect info. I think they should have better training classes. The schedules constantly changes and they will not work with you if you are attending school so you have to pick and choose between school or work. Supervisors there do not know much so you cannot ask them for help you would think that you become a supervisor by working your way up no not at this company. The make the senior representative take all the bad calls while they just listen to your calls or do all the non sense work. Lunch breaks should be at least one hour and pay should be more. – less
fast paced production line
Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2014
This production line was a bit different and a lot more safe. Packing medications and data entry was the main operations of this job.
PBM
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Irvingt TxOctober 9, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: layoff
I enjoyed the 19 years of stability and look forward to my next career
Great Pay for a zombie
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, ArizonaOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: redundancy, no interaction with co-workers
This job was all data entry and zero people interaction. I learned a lot about different pharmaceuticals and that was great but all I did was enter prescriptions into the system as fast as possible with as little mistakes as possible. I didn't interact with my co-workers very often nor my management. The hardest part of my job was just sitting there – more... and entering basically the same thing over and over again. – less
Productive work place
Patient Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Kingsland, GAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: always learning something new
A typical day on the job is answering calls the whole shift. With this job, you have to explain the Rx to them. The hardest part of the job was explaining to the elders how there plans have changed and they did not know anything about. I enjoyed being able to help anyone that I could.
Growing company
Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee), Dublin, OHOctober 8, 2014
Many changes, company going into many different directions and taking on new functions.
ESI
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee), Dublin, OHOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: too many to list
A typical day would be to start up my computer, log in to my phone and not leave my desk unless I was allowed a break. I would be assigned to either sort faxes, work cases from faxes or to take incoming calls. I mainly worked faxes generated from the system or sorted faxes. Both of which are very redundant and boring. Nothing changes unless it's a difficult – more... case which can take up to an hour to complete at the same time if your working faxes they want you to complete a case within 7 minutes. If you have to call out for help to a pharmacist or a resolution specialist you can be on hold up to 45 minutes.
They do have a 5-6 week training session which is great, but my particular class was an after thought so we were not given an educated trainer, so they gave us three different people because one had to go on vacation midway through our class. We were told three different ways to do everything, it was so confusing. Management knew about how we felt about our training, in addition it was cut short because the work volume was so heavy we needed to start on the floor ASAP.
I am the kind of person that welcomes change, at this company they cannot make up their mind. One week policies or procedures change then the next it goes back to the way it was or it changes again. So many people are confused and we get things wrong because we cannot keep up with the changes. Also, with the schedules we are assigned, they have team meetings but I haven't attended one in at least a month because they have them on days I am not assigned to work.
There has been articles written about the worst places to work and ESI has been on those lists, I can see why. – less
productive
Manage Care Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: company folded
I worked there for 20 years...that should tell it all.
Monday thru Friday...raises every year and stock options. only problem the company was micro managed.25 days off per year
Ease of working at home while helping customers
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2014
i enjoy working from home helping callers. Working from home is a pro and con.
Senior Payroll Analyst (Former Employee), Bloomington MNOctober 7, 2014
I was there for many years and it was and enjoyable place to work. The only reason I left was because management changed and we were outsourced to ADP.

1 2 3 4 5

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.