Express Scripts

Express Scripts Employer Reviews

it has flaws
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), tempe, AzMarch 26, 2015
Great benefits, but no stability. I had no opportunity to move up in the company. Plus, the pay was too low from what requirements you had to do.
excellent company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2015
very busy phone lines, it was a pleasure to work with co-workers and assisting customers with their orders. Managers were great and always there for support. Very pleasant work environment
just a number
data entry (Current Employee), st louis, moMarch 25, 2015
horrible management, cannot contact any manager or supervisor with questions or in an emergency...they seem to feel they are above answering questions.
Stay Away!
Not Specified (Current Employee), Not SpecifiedMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Fair compensation
Cons: Culture, work/life balance, confusing systems and processes coming from hasty merger with Medco
Work for Express Scripts and expect your life to be eaten. No work/life balance and no effort to change the culture to allow one. Currently working almost 80 hours a week just to maintain. Evenings, weekends...you'll be sorry. Don't do it.
Very Productive
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: n/a
receiving more than 80 calls assisting patients with benefits questions, tracking of shipped medication, de-escalations. worked well with co-workers. hardest part of the job is not being able to help a patient with some benefits issues. Great management
Desire and intend to be great, but in reality they're very far from it
Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Fortune 20 Company
Cons: Poor communication and onboarding
It's a segmented organization that's been pieced together over years of acquisition. The company has the best intentions of being strategic, but day-to-day work is just one reactive task after another. Very political environment where "group think" is very prevalent. It has the benefit of being part of a profitable industry that continues to grow due to drug inflation.
Unpredictable & unstable work environment.
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Paid on a weekly basis.
Cons: No room for logic.
Building was run like a prison & employees treated like children. They operate on a "90 day hire & fire" system. I wasn't there long enough to even have a chance to enjoy my job.
Busy/Fast paced business focused company
Prescription Benefit Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good insurance, fast paced environment
Cons: heavily micro-managed.
Heavy business focused company that does have great and affordable insurance policy.

Call centers are very heavily micro managed and very busy.

Little down time to make lasting relationships with co-workers and management.

Hard to stand out above fellow coworkers.

Plenty of advancement available, but hard to get.

Company has had 3 rounds of layoffs in less than a year.
Professional atmosphere working closely with Specialist Pharmacists
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Fairfield, OhioMarch 20, 2015
Pros: positive work enviroment..
Cons: keeping pace with exciting new initiatives.
Improving the quality of healthcare by increasing adherence to medication regimens. Decreasing the overall cost of healthcare by recommending effective, lower cost alternatives as well as lower cost 90 day supply prescriptions through mail delivery pharmacy option.
Patient Care Advocate
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: awesome shift
Cons: back to back calls
Duties included answering back to back inbound calls for pharmaceutical company. Hardest part would be the angry customers who are out of their prescriptions or did not refill them in time. Easiest part was being thanked for always helping the customer.
Gaining Experience
Eligibility Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2015
Pros: benefits, learning experiences
Cons: management
A typical day at ESI was very hectic. There were a lot of phone calls to be made to different insurance companies and many prior authorizations to obtain. I learned how to investigate insurance information with the patients accounts. I worked very hard to make sure the patients accounts I had been working on got their medications that we provided for them. I had worked with many amazing and helpful people. I loved my coworkers. The management was not the best and they expected us to work constantly. They were not very compromising with our lives at home and certain appointments that had to be made. The benefits of the job were great. I enjoyed the time I spent there for the most part and gained an enormous amount of computer and phone experience.
SUMMARY
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 19, 2015
CALL CENTER INBOUND AND OUTBOUND CALLS RESPONDING TO EMAILS. COMPLETING MINOR ONLINE INVENTORY FOR CUSTOMERS. CORRESPOND TO CUSTOMERS, CO-WORKERS, AND OTHER MEMEBERS OF MANAGEMENT VIA PHONE AND EMAIL. ECT... DECENT PAY, DECENT BENEFITS , FRIENDLY COMPANY
WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee), St. LouisMarch 18, 2015
Pros: wonderful coworkers!!
Cons: sweat shop
I gave EVERYTHING to ESI for 11 1/2 years. Back in 2001 when I fwas hired as a CSR in Earth City, the company treated you as family and it was Awesome to come into work each day!!
Then, about 6 years later after I was promoted to a QA representative, things DRASTICALLY changed!!!
Express-Scripts got VERY MONEY GREEDY!!!!!!! They changed our job title, added more and more job tasks for us to preform on a daily basis. Then, they switched us from hourly workers to salaried workers. The nightmare began of working 50 to 60 hours a week just to finish your required production quota. Nothing wss Quality Assurance any longer!!!!!!!!
People were being fired left and right. It was TERRIBLE!!!!!! WHAT USED TO BE A FAMILY ATMOSPHERE NO LONGER EXISTED!!!!!!!!!
Express-Scripts has the highest turn over of Any company in Missouri. I SO MISS my co-workers, as they were my extended family. God Bless All who have to Still work there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee), St. LouisMarch 18, 2015
Pros: wonderful coworkers!!
Cons: sweat shop
Fast pace, liked helping Customers, with pharmacy calls.
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 16, 2015
Pros: rewarding for calls
Cons: no complaints
Typical day was 250 calls per day, from customers calling in for there prescriptions. Answering there questions, pharmacy calls. Helping customers get a lower cost on medications. Management was very helpful. Co-Workers were great and helpful, Hardest par of the job was making sure I didn't break the HIPAA Privacy Rule. I enjoyed my Job in Pueblo, CO. I found working after speaking with customers and knowing I did the best I could for them.
Steady environment
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee), 5151 blazerparkwayMarch 15, 2015
Unstable work schedule changes up every 2-3 months. Company has several unorganized work aids. Company level of hierarchy is extremely unorganized it is difficult to tell who to take order from at times.
Love it
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 14, 2015
One of the best places I have worked. Great benefits. Pay isn't too bad. Lack of work most days sucks but I get paid to sit there which isn't too bad.
Excellent
Lead Pharmacist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2015
Learned new skills associated with lean philosophy. ESI provides excellent leadership training. ESI spends quite a bit of time and money developing their people.
nobody talk to anybody
Data Entry (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: co worker and suervisor was not willing to help
I was not allow to come in early so when I had to be there at 8 so I could not go in 5 minutes with out getting written up. Taking calls for DME Supply. When I got hired on my supervisor gave me the training book and that is how I was trained. Learning how to do feeding tubes and my supervisor was not willing to help and I asked a co worker so my supervisor wrote me up for talking.
Productive and exiting environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mason, OHMarch 12, 2015
Productive and exciting environment. Made approximately 60 call-outs per day. The management team was very supportive. Co-workers were great team players, always willing to help if needed. The hardest part of the job was letting customer's know the product they needed was not available. The most enjoyable part of the job was letting customer's know the product they needed was now available.

1 2 3 4 5

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.

Express Scripts Salaries