Express Scripts

Express Scripts Employer Reviews

Sweat shop like atmosphere
PCA (Former Employee), TampaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, people i worked with
Cons: short breaks, no work/life balance, micromanagement
I was hired under the impression that I will be a permanent employee. My training class started on 09/08/2014. I did 7 weeks of training just to be told on 2/17/2015 that my position has been eliminated due to company cutbacks. I was then rushed out of the building like I never even worked there. I would of never left my secure job of 2 years for a place like this had I known I was just a temporary employee. Some supervisors and upper management were very sneaky, they wanted us on the phone with no personal time to gather your thoughts and God forbid you have to use the restroom during peak hours or you are late from your short break. Express Scripts doesn't care about their employees!
productive and comforting workplace
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), orlando, floridaMarch 3, 2015
express scripts is a fast paced environment filled with room to grow and learn. you lean to communicate with many different individuals and attend the needs of everyone.
Structured and Productive Workplace
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2015
Pros: benefits, monthly bonuses, snack carts, monthly tokens of appreciation
Cons: short breaks, limited holiday pay, advancing within the company
A typical day consist of working faxes, answering inbound calls and making outbound calls, and assisting patients/ doctors offices/ and clients with getting medications covered by their insurance plans. I learned how to work efficiently and effectively, how to switch between phones and faxes as required, different medical terms as well as ICD9 codes, and how to work in a fast paced environment. The managers assisted when it was needed and were professional. The co-workers were professional as well, always willing to help and managed to get their work done in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job would be at first learning the systems and incorporating the new materials that were given to us daily per different insurance groups. What was also challenging sometimes was pronouncing various uncommon medical terms/medications. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get the medications approved for the patients.
A long way away
Supervisor- Benefit Coverage Review Department (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2015
assigned to work various projects
• Report Weekly Team Performance for previous week to Sr. Manager
• Oversee prior authorization call volume and workload to ensure service standards are met.
• Conducted hiring, training and evaluation of staff.
• Responsible for team’s adherence to corporate attendance and employment policies.
• Work with management to develop policies, procedure and the business work plan for the team.
• Recognize and effectively collaborate Operational Improvements.
• Served as a key component in the implementation of the Benefit Coverage Review Team from Texas to St. Louis, MO.
• Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results.
• Assist in driving performance management.
• Comply with all employment laws and support equal opportunity and diversity goals.
• Identify training gaps and implement formal training to ensure agents are performing to department goals
• Execute training for the St. Louis BCR Team and created a system to continuously train reps
• Lead Team Huddles to ensure we teach
downsizing ESI
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee), Dublin OhioMarch 2, 2015
Went downhill after ESI took over. Quality to customers was no longer important. Only concerned about profits not the customer or medicaiton.
Worked during a time of great change
Release Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2015
Pros: amazing campus, great food!!!
I am only reviewing because indeed is making me. My experience wasn't the best but I blame that on a manager that was put over an IT department and they had little to no IT knowlege.

This has changed since then so I suggest you overlook my review.
A company with an employee dominated culture lacking accountability
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), USAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: Ability to run projects, work / life balance
Cons: HR Dominated culture
Great company to work with when dealing with projects, framework, and the operation itself. HR department has created an entitled workforce devoid of accountability. This leaves the management team without the tools to run the business effectively.
A high paced friendly environment that presented challenges and new situations every day.
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: on site cafeteria
Cons: very hard to use time off
I would take inbound calls all day. They were mostly refill requests with your occasional disgruntled caller whose medication was late. My empathy skills were wonderful at de-escalating the patient and coming to an expedient and cost effective solution. I learned to stay calm in any situation and that when a patient was verbally combative towards me it really wasn't me they were mad at. It was the situation. I learned to separate the two so that i would not take their anger and frustration personally. The most challenging part of being a patient advocate was having to tell a patient that the medication they needed wasn't covered. I would work with the pharmacists to try to find an alternative that the plan would cover. The most enjoyable part of advocating for my patients was when they told me how i made their day and they asked me to transfer them to my supervisor so they could tell her what a fantastic job I had done for them. That was a very satisfying feeling.
A very productive workplace
PATIENT CARE ADVOCATE (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits, pto, medical leave, maternity leave, some of the management are nice
Cons: non-management level employees are treated as if they are disposable, no employee loyalty, high turnover.
A very productive workplace for low level Patient Care Advocates, but not a fun work environment at the call center. Typical work day is on the phone for your entire shift except for breaks and lunches. Work from home opportunity after working at the call center for a certain amount of time, great for working parents. Learned personal time management working from home. Really enjoyed helping patients over the phone when I worked for this company.
Why Express Scripts
Patient Savings Advocacy Site Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: healthcare benefits
Express Scripts gave me the opportunity to grow with a company that gave back to their employeess. I was able to learn how to be a great leader and team player. The hardest part about my job was leaving the company. The most enjoyabel part about my job the patients, my associates and employees.
Productive busy workplace
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Typical work day is busy handling member accounts, I learned designs of prescription plans for commercial and medicare D plans, assist co workers, hardest part is hearing the lost of love one or someone in tears who is out of medication, and the most enjoyable part of jod is being able to service the clients.
If you are one of the few to work at ESI, consider yourself fortunate
Sr. Mgr, Facilities Operations (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: tons of benefits, monetary and otherwise and the people are great
Cons: not a lot of things on the bad side. maybe they grow to fast and too often, but that is not so much a con, right?
I worked for ESI for a little over 7 years and I have to say it was a very satisfying 7 years. If it weren't for being laid-off in 2009, I would still be there today. When I left, I was given a fair and just severance package, along with other benefits like job placement and the opportunity to take classes. I hold no grudges. Business is business. Sure I was a very upset that I had to leave, but I understood that it all had to do with logistics of buying a new portion of business and it had to be. I still try to reestablish myself with them when an opportunity comes to light, but still nothing. It is my goal to retain employment with them and stay until retirement.
Productive Work Environmemt
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FloridaFebruary 25, 2015
Located on U.S 1in Port Saint Lucie Florida, Express Scripts maintains a Productive work environment with organized team leaders and supervisors. The company allows flexibility and great opportunities to climb the ladder.
it was good while it lasted
Prior authorization representative (Former Employee), Tampa flordaFebruary 25, 2015
we was guaranteed a job some people left there secured jobs to work at express scripts Tampa and not even 6 months over 100 people was laid off
Very unprofessional Environment
Eligibility Associate (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: there are no pros.
Cons: i have nothing positive to say about this office.
The managers are very unorganized and quick to blame employees for all of their mistakes. The training was very unprofessional and unorganized.
Expresscripts
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2015
I like the place just don 't like the location. Everyone is freinedly. I like working there and the place is very upbeat and friendly and professional.
Very fun atmosphere at Express Scripts
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: luncheons, partys, rewards program
Medco/Express Scripts good place to work. A typical day at work would include taking about 50-100 calls a day depending on call volume. My co-workers are very supportive & knowledgeable.The hardest part of my job is not being able to service the member when the systems are not working properly. The most enjoyable part of my job is being around my coworkers. The Management team are a great group of people.
well structured environment
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee), Earth City, MOFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: limited variations to the workday routine
Cons: repetitive work
Acquired a significant amount of prescription data entry experience, structured environment and workload, worked at desk and very limited standing
Excellent people, demoralizing culture
Marketing (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexibility of schedule
Cons: inexplicable, unnecessary rush for projects; poor healthcare benefits
Express Scripts attracts many talented, intelligent people. Unfortunately, the constant, undisciplined rush to get projects done in short time periods with little care for quality is demoralizing. There is little attention paid to life-work balance. Employees see little recognition for their efforts except for those at the highest levels of the organization. The healthcare benefits are substandard.
Setting People Up to Fail
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee), Dublin, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free coffee, good health benefits, decent discount program, tuition rembursement, 401k, vision, dental
Cons: see review
I have been hired on less than a year and the drastic changes that have taken place from then until now are disturbing. I have gone through 5 different schedule changes in less than a year. When I was hired on, the hours of operation were only from 7am to 8pm. Then 6 months later they changes the hours to 6am to 9pm and made everyone put in for a shift bid again. Now they are extending hours again to run from 5am to 11pm. No. Forcing people to stay until that late and not pay any type of shift differential is beyond insane. They have changed the policies so much management and agents don't even know what is coming or going anymore. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing what so ever. There is a huge lack of communication between the entire Coverage Review Department. From what I heard with Medco this used to be a great place to work. Now everyone is jumping ship before it sinks or they are thrown off. The turn over rate now for this company is crazy. They hire people on and then don't even train them on what job they are even going to be doing. Employees that have been here for 10 plus years are packing up and heading out before they are terminated for what ever reason. They will hire a good bit of people and at the same time go through and get rid of half the staff that actually knew the position somewhat. And the favoritism is unreal. It is all about who you know. Some people can do absolutely nothing but be friends with the right people and they will never be disciplined for anything. Now someone else not so buddy pulls the same moves and they are terminated faster than you can say ready set go. How some of these people act and behave it will almost remind you of middle school all over again between the rumors, attitudes, and teachers pets.

1 2 3 4 5

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.