Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 2,233 reviews matching the search
great
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 19, 2017
one of the best work from home jobs. able to work flexible hours that benefits the home life. the benefits are also great compared to most work from home companies
Fast paced, competitive environment
Vice President of Health Plan Sales (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 18, 2017
ESI is the largest independent PBM. Strong presence in government, commercial and health plan market segments. A clinical and informatics market-maker.

The CEO is truly an inspiring individual, honest, hard-working and down-to-earth. Lots of longevity in the talent pool...many have been there over 15 years.
Not hard work, managent poor communication,
Pharmacy Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INAugust 18, 2017
Work not bad, don't ever get sick or injured, they will try to push you out. Lots of backstabbing, can't trust management. Most co-workers are fine. Not very regulated, little PPE for a pharmaceutical packaging place. High turnover. No HR dept on premises. You can only contact by phone. Good position until you find another. Lots of favoritism, some employees get away with anything. Lots of walking to get to work station.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, 120 hours vacation standard benefit package
Cons
poor management and communication, favoritism
Professional atmosphere
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Express Scripts it was challenging and I enjoyed that. I loved continuing my education. I went out of my way to help the patients. Great company, rewarding job.
Air conditioned Warehouse environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2017
Work was usual and not very fulfilling nor exciting. Was not difficult either however. Headphones made the job much much more bearable.The management played favorites as well when it came to work assignment.
efficient place to work with flexibility for work/family life
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 14, 2017
Express Scripts is always trying to find new ideas for workplace culture to get employee involvement. Supervisors are helpful with being able to grow with the company and expand job functions to reach personal goals. The teams at express scripts are made up of very helpful knowledgable employees. I enjoy working at Express Scripts because of their flexibility and working at a fast paced environment.
Pros
flexible
Not a single person who lives with parents or a family person with more than one income
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2017
I believe the job is better for a young person with minimum financial obligations or a family provider with other or additional income. The benefits and personal time off accumulation was great but you have to be willing to work more than 40 hrs per week for pay household bills.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Pay not competitive with the housing market.
productive, relaxed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2017
This company had a very relaxed atmosphere and the team members were willing to help each other in no manager was available which they never were always taking breaks or disappearing for hours at a time during our shift.
Was a great place to work, very kind and amazing people.
PRODUCTION PACKER (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 14, 2017
Working here was great, if the pay was a little better i would have stayed. it's stress free as long as you do your job correctly and pay attention. i would recommend working for express scripts to anyone looking for a job.
Productive and Fun Place to work in.
Financial Analyst, (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 13, 2017
• Supported finance adjustment team with a major $1.3B recovery project, resulting in successful completion that exceeded expected outcomes.
• Co-partnered with triage team member to create a concise and effective training document for Finance Adjustment Team.
• Triaged finance adjustment tickets by revising, investigating and running claims to define adjustment requirement.
• Organized, inspected and analyzed accounting records, and financial statements to evaluate accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
Pros
Inspiring, challenging and definitely not boring as there is always something nnew to learn everyday
Cons

Want to know more about Express Scripts?

Ask a question
Good
Packer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 13, 2017
Good place to work just long commute. Some overtime worked ten hour shifts. Liked having three days off. Wanted to move up but they stopped hiring in house so that's why I went to school
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
Long drive to work
I rather not provide a review
Prior Authorization Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2017
I am unable to provide a review and would not like one posted. Give us an example of a typical day, what I learned, management, workplace culture, hardest part. etc
Horrible
Appeal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 11, 2017
The company in a whole maybe not so bad but the location in Spokane WA is a horrible employer they do not pay very good there are no raises and the company in spokane are controlled by the union, reason i say controlled is that they do not do anything for the employees and they let the company walk all over the associates
Lacked Focus and Commitment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 11, 2017
Company in disarray - lacked focus and commitment starting with treatment of the employees. Prior CEO ran company into the ground by placing profits above all else. Current management will have to rectify that model to turn things back around.
Pros
The people
Cons
Senior Management
This place was a great place to work! It was clean, the management and staff were supportive and friendly. Health benfits were awesome!
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 11, 2017
A typical day included answering calls about medications for patients who were either on the Department of Defense Tri Care or Commercial programs. I learned how to be proficient, effective communicator and problem solver. The culture was to treat others with respect, dignity and how to be an advocate. I learned to be patient and kind even to those who were very unkind towards me. The hardest part was to listen to the lonely people who lost their loved ones. And those who were struggling trying to afford the medications and keep track of them. The most enjoyable part of the job were the many gratitude's and smiles I could hear over the phone. I made a difference in everyone's life that I touched including my co-workers! I was sad that I had to leave before my retirement.
Pros
Medical beneifits, pay, flexibility of hours and paid holidays
Cons
Micromanagement, favortisim
Great plus is the bonus only
PATIENT CARE ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2017
It Is an Okay job for the time being, the only plus about this job is that you get the opportunity to get a bonus at the end of each month, and that if your stats are good you may get the option to work at home.
Was great before express
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2017
Worked there for 7 years, the only reason I was paid good was because I worked for Medco before Express Scripts took over. The management was not good.
I liked their lunch room computer room and bathrooms were always clean
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 9, 2017
The work was the daily grind, answer phone calls and hope that the person on the other end was cordial. The management was good the culture of the workplace was good but the hardest part of the job was de-escalating phone calls with people that were irate for not receiving their medications. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with such as friends and coworkers.
Pros
Caterers in often to change the lunch routine
Cons
NO opportunity for promotions
express scripts
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2017
As a customer service agent I was assigned to a company to service as a customer service agent. The position included but not limited to taking calls, data entry, inbound calls, outbound calls, one-call resolution phone. My job title was known as a Patient Care Advocate. My daily duties were to schedule oncology medication for cancer patients. As a Patient Care Advocate I also delivered the patients insurance benefits, took payments for the cost of the medication, and also assist with helping patients sign up for co-pay assistance. Daily activities also included maintaining patient accounts and Display excellent written and oral communication skills and also explaining and understanding prior authorizations.
management is horrible
Patient Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2017
They don't care about you as a person. They also do not lead by example. One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. The only good thing was the benefits available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9