Express Scripts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,636 reviews matching the search
Professional Enviornment
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2016
Starting the day I begin assist patients with enrolling them into the Praluent program so they are able to received their medication. Handled customer service inquiries from members, providers, physicians and internal/external clients related to PAP, pharmacy benefits, and other medication related activities; process applications, prescriptions, refills and eligibility while maintaining quality standards and productivity levels.
being positive
Patient Care Advocate-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 25, 2016
i enjoy talking to the members, keeping them at peace with any questions or concerns they might have. i can't say that there is a hard part about my job. As long as my members are okay and they have been taking cared of then i'm happy. My Co-works and i help each other out a lot, with new rules and procedures coming in everyday we help each other stay on our feet. A typical day at work starts off with positive thinking and positive energy from the people around me.
Pros
Helping Patients, Bring Friendly
Cons
n/a
Good pay is not always enough
Medicare Service Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 27, 2016
I began my tenure with Medco Health Solutions, which was amazing. I would have retired from Medco. When Express Scripts took over in 2012, my pay and bonuses were cut. I went from a client facing role to a member facing role, because the new management wanted to change every department. The culture is all about the bottom line. There is NO work/life balance. They expect overtime, weekends, and whatever else it took to keep going. The ONLY good thing about ESI was the pay. Now I hear even the benefits have changed, and its impossible to meet deductibles, out of pocket expenses, etc. Dont be fooled by the pay. The company is horrible.
Express Scripts
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 28, 2016
A typical day was productive and always a pleasant environment. I learned to appreciate employment with a company I could excel with, management was top notch and very understanding to employees needs. Co-workers were the best help and family oriented as well. The hardest part of my job was when the site closed and we all parted ways. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers with prescription information for over 16 years.
Great Benefits, no job security
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH 43017April 21, 2016
The benefits and perks o working there were great but there is no job security and the turn over rate is very high. They open positions and ire for them but then eliminate the positions in just 2-3 years. They give no warning of possibly lay offs ad simply walk in and tell you that you no longer have a job, good bye. Typically the work load was fine, sometimes not enough work and sometimes too much work. Changes to what you do and how you do it at least twice a year. Expectations change frequently as well as your management is constantly changing. Too fluid of an environment to feel secure working there.
Pros
Benefits, schedule.
Cons
Security
I enjoy the Team of Players that was on My Team.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 18, 2016
Verified HIPAA , POA, Members Information, once Caller has been Verified and I am able to speak with them, Assist with Inbound calls from Members, that had questions about the Prescription Coverage, Copay, Explain EOB, and setup Members account for Mail Orders, Provided information to let them know if they need to have the Doctor to call in a New Prescription. Received Inbound Calls from Doctors, Nurses, Rehabilitations Centers, Hospitals.
Pros
Enjoying providing Information and Helping People World Wide.
Cons
Not too much Overtime Available.
Great oppritunities when available or offered and seen through.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2016
Typical day begins with a meeting before work starts, an update from previous days requirements and work statistics from lead person and the day work schedule.
What I learned from these everyday meetings are the projections and expectations of our workgroup and the ways to implement the ways to implement them.
Pros
Awards and acknowledgement for perfect attendance.
Cons
Mandated overtime is a must but mostly voluntary.
Horrible!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJApril 27, 2016
i was a pharmacy technician in Florence NJ. i worked the sun-wed (5am-330pm) shift. This is the worst company ive ever worked at in my short life. The managers here are straight aholes. you dont get paid enough && the company is horrible. Nobody has any respect for you, the managers think they can talk to you how they want. i left in September of 2015 and they were having problems with the union & company on raises. There hasnt been raises given out in years and people are very upset about that. someone died on location as well. please listen to me when i say you wont like it here. they treat grown a*s adults like kids in there. SAVE YOURSELF AND DONT WORK FOR THIS GARBAGE COMPANY!!!!
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
long hours for little money, horrible managers, early morings, EVERYTHING ELSE!
Great advancement opps
Network Analyst II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2016
I worked at ESI for 7 years and was promoted almost annually. Great opportunities to keep moving up if you prove yourself. That being said, it was VERY DEMANDING and I was essentially on call 24/7 if issues happened. They required lots of holidays and overnights, especially around December/January. Given the demands, compensation wasn't great. If they'd have paid me more I would not have left.
Pros
networking and advancement opportunities
Cons
low pay, demanding hours
Don't walk, run away!
POD Tech I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2016
This is to date the most corrupt company I have ever worked for. Their employees are merely disposable commodities. The only day you can count on having off is Sunday. Do not ever make plans for the weekend because you will be told at the last minute that you have to work a mandatory Saturday. You will work long hours for low pay with virtually no chance for advancement.
Pros
Only the benefit package
Cons
Everything else
Great work environment
Prior Authorization Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAMarch 19, 2016
typical day is answering phones, learned to have great phone ethics, management was great in teaching us the processor that we were going to do.workers helped out when you had a question or could not answer a question. hardest part was trying to please the costumers on the line. enjoyed getting to know my co-works.
Pros
great costumer service
Cons
closed down and moved to another state.
They lie when it comes to their culture.
Sr Data Entry Technician/SME (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 3, 2016
Sure employees go through the required regulatory training, but it is a farce. Management on all levels do not care about employees or the patients. What they care about is higher production like a factory. In fact, new management with history of having worked in manufacturing facilities was hired to increase productivity in a mail order prescription processing environment. We were not building cars or putting heads on dolls, we were providing healthcare for people. Quality was not as important as quantity was which is unethical when it comes to healthcare.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
organizational culture was not lived by
Good training program. Management generally available to provide assistance. Quality Control Department call ratings questionable. Quality peers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INMay 17, 2016
Pros
Nice office environment.
Cons
Quality Control call ratings questionable.
instability and lack of information
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitestown, INMay 23, 2016
Management lacks skills and knowledge to actively inform and communicate with employees. No consistency in operations and or common place rules from one day to the next. Failure on part of management to keep employees up to date on all necessary information.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
short lunch, lack of communication, poor management
Bad culture with no value for others
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2016
Management out of touch with staff
Fired staff for doing the right thing
Promotions went to the pets not who was most qualified or experienced
Pay well below average and management admitted this
Discouraged independent thinking
Leaders did not Lead but followed talking points to keep their jobs
Pros
Cons
pay, culture, management, hours, benefits, No diversity in management
Ok Place to work
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 22, 2016
No much can be said about this place. The work environment was very tense. We were constantly walking on egg shells. There was no job security. The co workers were the best part of the day to day events. The hardest part of the job was having to hear the sad stories that people went through trying to obtain their medication.
Pros
Free internet cafe
Cons
Short breaks, no job security
Great Place To Work
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work will be assisting customers with their medications. I completed their orders to be delivered to their homes. Also, answered any questions or concerns they may have regarding their medications and /or directed them to the appropriate person who can. The hardest part of the job was not be able to resolve issues no matter how much you tried. The most enjoyable part was every time I did.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
"Timed" work.... with each customer
Enjoyable Work Enviroment
"Patient Care Advocate" (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2016
I absolutely love working for Express Scripts! A typical day at work would be coming in and scheduling shipments for patients, I have learned multiple things with Express Scripts. The management is awesome. The hardest part of the job would be identifying a issue that were not trained for, the most enjoyable part would be working with the patients.
Large company, plenty of work
Order Entry Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 19, 2016
A very dynamic company able to change direction quickly for a large corporation. Recently Esi upper management listened to its employees and customers and made important changes in its philosophy and processes to better satisfy patients.

They are devoted to shortening the turn around time on orders to get the order to the patient. The management now strives to fill more prescriptions by allowing employees to combine functions to remove obstacles from filling the orders the first time. This is an important development as many of the renewals come from first time mail order pharmacy patients; they have no experience with mail order and Esi wants to make a fantastic first impression.

ESI has the volume and resources to make all of this possible.
Pros
Good benefits, free coffee and easy parking
Cons
Many meetings, many changes
Great place to work with a comprehensive benefits package and matching 401K plan.
Senior Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2016
Great working environment. Industry leader through excellent, innovative, and ethically based pharmacy services and to provide trusted, impartial, and practical counsel enabling the clients and members to navigate the rapidly changing pharmaceutical landscape.
Pros
Excellent company and a Industry leader in the mail order pharmaceautical business.