Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 1,839 reviews matching the search
Very nice and friendly. Amazing staff
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Everyone is pretty friendly and more than happy to help. Typical day is you arrive not even one minute late, get to your desk and log in and open everything needed and get on the phones asap, work until breaks. Two 15 minutes and one 30 break. Each 2 hours apary
i gained a lot of knowledge
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 18, 2017
Working here I gained a lot of knowledge working in the medical field. I retained and learned the pros and cons to long term treatment with any medication, side effects and understood how the front end of the mail order process worked most importantly the role I would play as a pharm. tech the importance of HIPPA patient confidently, advising how to explain each patients plan as it applies to them wither it was prior authorization, to deductibles etc
Job Security/ Advancement/Job Culture/
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 17, 2017
Productive and being accurate, I have learned how to process order, check on patients information, insurance. My co-workers were awesome, they were there to help, or to make friends have lunch with them. Making sure that all the information was correct on patient prescription. You did not want to send the wrong medication to a patient. I loved data entry.
Pros
I loved working there
Cons
I really dont have any cons
Call Center
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 17, 2017
Helped the public understand their prescription benefits, ordered their prescriptions, took payments. Call center environment.
Pros
No bathroom breaks unless it was your break or you would be penalized
Cons
pay
Productive and comfortable workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Happy to work as medical Data Entry Technician. Enjoy working with programs as managing the Rx coverage from various insurance plans.
So surprised when Express Scripts had to close the facility in Harrisburg, PA.
Pros
Flexible time-off request when needed to accompany wife and children to see Dr
Cons
Low raise of pay
Good vacation benefits
Accounts Receivable Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 14, 2017
For those who have worked there for years, you get a lot of paid time off. Sometimes there is overtime when the queues are high which gives you the ability to make some extra money. Somewhat flexible scheduling.
Pros
PTO
Think twice before you accept a position
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2017
I had high hopes going into this position. Those hopes were dismissed quickly. Such frustration in not being to provide the best service to patients.
Cons
Having to tell people that I worked at Express Scripts
Employees collect a paycheck and want nothing more.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 13, 2017
Management holds lower level employees to very low standards. They preach quality, but do nothing to enforce it. Mid level management spend very little time with employees and reflects in employees work attitudes.

No accountability for late arrivals, no shows, call outs, or early quits. Never worked a place that a no-call no-show was a verbal warning, and you could continue the violation multiple times in a rolling period.

Very poor work life balance. Mandatory overtime often, and then in the same week, they send employees home because there's " Not enough Work."

Sadly there are no 0 Star options.
Pros
Paycheck is every other Friday.
Cons
Existing Employees Care Nothing But Themselves.
Busy Busy Busy
Client Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2017
There is no work life balance, however after years of working in the enviroment it wil become the norm for you. Great company with good benefits.
Tedious and monotonous
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INJanuary 13, 2017
Did the same thing for up to ten hours a day. It turned the mind into mush. However, the work was not difficult and the stress level at Express Scripts was very low.
Pros
Simple work
Cons
Boring
Good Place to work
Senior SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 11, 2017
I learn a lot of good this from this company, this is the one of the best Companies which i have worked, Work ethics are very good
Call Center
Lead Claims Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 10, 2017
Great Benefits, can be successful, Managers are great. Nice Café and schedule is very flexible. Diverse, location is convenient. has resources available to those who need help with payment for medication.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Attendance on a point system
Steady work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 10, 2017
At Express Scripts I gained a lot of confidence. I put my best foot forward and that was noticed and rewarded through expanded responsibilities and raises.
Pros
Great benifits
Express Scripts
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Express scripts was a great company to work for. High Call Volume. Paid Holidays off. Overall good company. 8 hour work shifts. 30min lunch 2 15min breaks.
it is good place and has good environmnet.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2017
I liked the place. I got good pay. I had to move to different place that pushed to quite. They do have good benefits. For example, the have pay time off more than other companies. However, they do not offer sick days but they do offer more pay time off which you can use any time. They hired multiple cultures of employees. I like the diversity of people. I wish they have branch in state i moved for.
Productive environment with well management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 9, 2017
My typical day of work consist of coming into work and gathering for a team meeting. This is where management would discuss about what's going on within the company along with our daily tasks each individual would be accomplishing. Employees are very genuine to work with and bring a great trades to the table.
job overall
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2017
all about helping customers they are definitively all in for their patients and making sure they received the care and attention the need to get their medication.
Medco was a great and fun place to work with perks and great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2017
Before Express Scripts purchased Medco it was a great environment and they were willing to allow you to balance work and home life as far as scheduling. After the job did not have a fun environment and they were not willing to work with you and your schedule. Cons are working in a cubicle.
Not a very good work place.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  1 Express Way, St. Louis, MO 63121December 30, 2016
The management of our department did not know the job or the systems we used. Program we used was buggy and slow. Employees were blamed for low production when its was really the program. Management would not listen despite repeated complaints form the department.
Enjoyed working for ESI wonderful work environment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  TeDecember 30, 2016
Enjoyed working for ESI wonderful work environment. You are able to grow within the company so there is less hiring outside because there are very qualified individuals within the company who are already familiar with processes.
Pros
Work at home program
Cons
Not enough work at home positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9