Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Productive environment where I was able to utilize my skills and expertise
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2017
I worked 10 hours per day ,40 h per week plus overtime if the company neededed. Express scripts closed the branch in Philadelphia
Entered clinical and demographic information from prescriptions.Reviewed patient accounts to determine eligibility and transfer files to correct account if necessary.Cross trained in multiple skills and actively participated in additional training as it became available.
Pros
healthcare, vacation
One of the most stressful jobs I have ever had
PCA (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2017
Very stressful. Shows favoritism. Ok Benefits. Ok Bonuses. Has an Attendence point system. Poor management. All about numbers not qualify. HR doesn’t really help.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
No Assistance
Pharmacy Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Unfortunately, I did not receive proper training, thereafter I did not feel as though I was receiving the assistance that I needed as a new hire. I was not employed with this company very long.
Pros
I was not employed long enough to receive what the job rewarded
Cons
Poor Schedule as I have young children and preferred to work a day shift
Set Up For Failure
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2017
I loved the position and was felt I was thriving, despite not receiving proper training. I wanted to better understand processes and learn about projects handled by the team. Unfortunately, this did not come to pass. Changes in management did not make things any easier. One should never dread coming to work or panic when an email from management is in their inbox. It was a toxic situation and, while I am grateful for the opportunities afforded me, I am glad to be removed from the role.
Work life balance minimum pay
Claims Audit Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed the work life balance of my department but did not enjoy being under paid. Experiences are based on departments. Some departments have good experiences while others have not.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
under paid
very calm
patient Call associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2017
what i would do at work is communicatw with customers about their prescriptions and doctors.i learned alot about different types of medications. management was fair with all employees.
Fast paced job
Call center customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 15, 2017
The day goes by very quickly due to very active phones. The training program is great with good instructors. Very positive work environment and there is good potential for advancement.
Productive and fun work place
Prescriber Contact Support Caller (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2017
Working at Express Scripts taught me proper phone etiquette, how to handle an angry client, how to be more sympathetic and that it was ok to apologize even if you aren't in the wrong. Express Scripts had structure and balance. Great work place!
Required to fill all RX's in the que.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 13, 2017
Very fast paced. Many hours worked. Weekends were a must. Inventories took 3 days to complete which is below standards from my perspective. I loved it there but had to relocate to care for an ill family member. ESI was fun.
benefits
Cons
Good intentions doesn't always follow through
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2017
They have many good ideas to improve moral and opinions but doesn't always follow through with what they say. They are not very good and showing and teaching employees on their mistakes and how to correct them.
Fast paced environment
Supervisor - Print Materials (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2017
I work on the production side of things. Fast paced and always something to do. Great environment to work in. Management is hard working and great to work for
productive
Pharmacy Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJOctober 12, 2017
I am a hard working and oriented person.I also do train the trainers at express script..I am a quick learning and easy to work with.Always have a rewards from my supervisor for being a hard worker.
Stressfull
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 12, 2017
Working for this company can be stressful. You are always worried if you are going to be laid off or not. If you are on a call team it is even more stressful!
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Very nice place to work I hated that we were laid off.
Coverage Determination Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 11, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. You really had to be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment, but overall a great place to work I hate that we were laid off.
Lack of Advancement/ Ready for new challenges
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJOctober 11, 2017
Over my nine years at Express Scripts I learned better time management skills, people management. I worked second shift and ot when available. I worked usually 40 to 60 hrs a week.The base pay could be better. My days there varied from steady and boring to hectic.At the site I worked at in NJ the workplace culture tended to be frustrating do to favoritism in certain departments.Out of the blue Layoffs/Early Separation were announced in March of this year at my site. That cause alot apprehension and low morale among some of my coworkers.The most important thing I learned from Express Scripts is to expect the unexpected.
Pros
Employment Recognition, Overtime, Climate Control Environment
Cons
Lack of Advancement Short breaks, Standing most of day, Job Security
Great place to work management benefits and pay are great
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 11, 2017
I love working at express scripts it’s a great company benefits are great also management are comprehensive and like to work whit you if any thing comes up also the hours are great and lots of over time
Great place to work!
Registered Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 10, 2017
There are many departments you can be in. The phone area is where customers would call to inquire about their order or for the pharmacists to call doctors office to make sure the RX is filled correctly.
Pros
Work with peers
Cons
sitting all day
great job
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 10, 2017
great job with good pay and benefits but unfortunately no job security. since the company merged with Medco multiply sites got closed and people got laid off
No strong direction
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 9, 2017
No consistent direction in the company. Constantly refocusing short term goals so long term goals keep changing. Those without knowledge lead projects and do not provide clear direction. Projects are given the greenlight but funding is quickly cut or redirected so project scope is drastically cut back or projects canceled mid-stream. Upper management would rather hire new people at lower wages than pay to keep those on board with knowledge and experience. For a health care company, health benefits are poor.
Pros
401K, accured time off, work from home
Cons
Lots of work and overtime so poor work-life balance, Poor healthcare benefits for a healthcare company, Lower wages
Worst company
Pharmacy Technician Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOOctober 9, 2017
This was the worst company to work for!! You don’t get paid enough for all of the work you do. You stand on your feet the entire time with short breaks. Management is horrible and they micromanage. Constant change and most of the time at the last minute without proper training. The workplace environment is very negative, they aren’t welcoming, and not willing to help if needed. They don’t believe in team work its every man for himself.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Management, Pay, and work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9