Express Scripts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,728 reviews matching the search
Hot Mess But Good Pay and Benefits
pharmacy production clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INFebruary 9, 2016
I started working at Express Scripts when it was Medco, and Medco was a great place to work. When Express Scripts took over, it seemed like no one ever knew what was going on, what they were supposed to do, we were working mandatory overtime in the same week that they were asking people to go home early, equipment was always broken down, patients were getting their orders screwed up or not getting them period, it was just a big hot mess. For two years and still going, from what I hear from current employees. Now, they will hire anyone in a heartbeat, and they do pay decently and have great insurance. I will say that. Raises are however, literally pennies for the regular employees.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor work/life balance
They lie when it comes to their culture.
Sr Data Entry Technician/SME (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 3, 2016
Sure employees go through the required regulatory training, but it is a farce. Management on all levels do not care about employees or the patients. What they care about is higher production like a factory. In fact, new management with history of having worked in manufacturing facilities was hired to increase productivity in a mail order prescription processing environment. We were not building cars or putting heads on dolls, we were providing healthcare for people. Quality was not as important as quantity was which is unethical when it comes to healthcare.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
organizational culture was not lived by
Bad culture with no value for others
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2016
Management out of touch with staff
Fired staff for doing the right thing
Promotions went to the pets not who was most qualified or experienced
Pay well below average and management admitted this
Discouraged independent thinking
Leaders did not Lead but followed talking points to keep their jobs
Pros
Cons
pay, culture, management, hours, benefits, No diversity in management
Challenging Rewarding Work Environment
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAMarch 10, 2016
Although many people complained about Express Scripts, I loved my job. It was the most rewarding experience I have ever had in a work environment. Helping patients daily was richly rewarding. I learned so much about the cost of prescription drugs and the plight of those who rely on them and can not afford them. There is so much to know about the insurance industry, that daily I was learning something new, that was the hardest and one of the best things about my job. My co-workers were amazing people, and I can't say enough about the management I had during my time with ESI. Although the company rules are very strict when it come to attendance, our management staff never held it against us when illness or a family emergency came up.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401k, Adoption Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Short Lunch, Unrealistic work/life expectations
Kind gracious leadership. Excellent pay and work life balance
RN (Current Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 18, 2016
I love my job!!! It's such a contrast from bedside nursing. Management is kind and really listen to your needs. It is fun, challenging, and when work is over for the day, you take nothing home with you. Seriously a great company to work for! Great benefits, pay, fun and relaxes environment.
Pros
Kind management, good pay, excellent work life balance
Beware
Intervention Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 5, 2016
This is by far the worst job I have ever had. I'd rather be a hobo living in a box than ever work for esi. The management has absolutely no idea what they are doing, what the company is doing, or how to run/manage a business. The employee turnover rate is extremely high. The starting rates for non pharmacist and non management positions are laughable. You can't possibly earn a decent living there. Management has preferential treatment and will go out of their way to make your work life miserable if you are not a favorite. They treat employees like poo. No sort of work-home balance. They push "advocate for the patient" but they don't really mean that. Their prices are waaaaaaayyyy higher than any fair market price and members are lucky if they get their prescription in a month. The expectations they want to achieve per hour are nearly impossible to reach while providing decent customer service and Lord forbid you dont reach your numbers. Micromanage, micromanage, micromanage. You get absolutely no credit for any work you do or how many hours you put in. If you want a dead end job with a laughable wage, love to be overworked and never appreciated, this is the company for you.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great advancement opps
Network Analyst II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2016
I worked at ESI for 7 years and was promoted almost annually. Great opportunities to keep moving up if you prove yourself. That being said, it was VERY DEMANDING and I was essentially on call 24/7 if issues happened. They required lots of holidays and overnights, especially around December/January. Given the demands, compensation wasn't great. If they'd have paid me more I would not have left.
Pros
networking and advancement opportunities
Cons
low pay, demanding hours
Don't walk, run away!
POD Tech I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2016
This is to date the most corrupt company I have ever worked for. Their employees are merely disposable commodities. The only day you can count on having off is Sunday. Do not ever make plans for the weekend because you will be told at the last minute that you have to work a mandatory Saturday. You will work long hours for low pay with virtually no chance for advancement.
Pros
Only the benefit package
Cons
Everything else
Great employer cares about the employees
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2016
Great place to work was the best job ever. Great people to work for and with. Lots of advancement into different areas. Learned a lot about the company and the operation of mail or service.
Pros
Had free lunches and best benefits ever
Cons
Long hours of standing.
Job Work/Life Balance...No balance what so ever!
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2016
If you have a family forget about it!.......You work long hours, forced to work holidays... Management is uncaring and selfish at times... Compensation for the warehouse workers is under the Market Rate terribly for the workload and exceptions...
Pros
PTO Hours, Immediate Co workers are easy to get alone with..
Cons
Your Family life suffers..
Disconnect between leadership and reality of culture
Director - Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJanuary 7, 2016
The culture is aggressive, competitive, fear based and unsupportive. Leadership talks about creating a supportive environment where an employee feels that they belong, However, any effort to create this has never made it past the gate,
There is lack of financial support for tools or innovation is which will not be funded unless it results in headcount reduction. Quality is compromised and doesn't seem to be a priority until after a mistake is made. There is continuous pressure to deliver without any reward. Resources are compared to each other even when job functions are completely different, just based on grade.
Subject matter experts are not retained creating risk within the systems.
Pros
none to speak of
Cons
work life balance non existant, People are not people they are expendable assets who can be replaced at whim, Expertise is not respected
Professional and goal oriented place to work for
Patient Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2016
On a daily basis I learned how to work independently to obtain a goal and maintain a quota. I also learned how to work with a team and collaborate with other teams to form effective and beneficial plans that will benefit the company.
Pros
pay and benefits, job security
Cons
lack of opportunity for growth
Not Great
Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
The company went through some changes. And with those changes went management. Management use to have a strong relationship with its employees. Once Express Scripts took over that all went downhill. Most of the Good people left due to being fired or laid off. Most were let go because they were with the company too long and their pay scale was too high. I was with the company for 7 years. The last two were horrible. I'm glad to be gone.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
productive work place that always give back to there employee's weather its blankets for the Christmas holidays to coffee mugs and portable chargers.
Prescription benefit specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 27, 2015
this company also provided one of the best health care benefits, great 401k and retirement plans, give back to employee's from Christmas and thanksgiving dinners to portable chargers, blankets, coffee mugs and a whole lot more.
Pros
healthcare, great pay rate, advancement
Cons
no grace period if your even 1 min late count against you, system issues often, employees not being on same page it's always a different answer.
Production based employer.
Pharmacy Supervisor (FE Pharmacy Operations) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 30, 2015
ESI did not allow for much advancement. Work/Life balance was possible based on business needs. The company did provide many opportunities to learn and train in a variety of areas. Company training for Leaders was appreciated and valuable. As a leader providing a comfortable and open door policy to direct reports allowed for successful team alignment, team building and efficient team productivity.
Excellent company with good leadership as well as training
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
I was a remote customer service agent working from home on thin client provided by company. Hours were set by employees and were very flexible. I took inbound calls for customers needing to order RX refills and/or handle issues with existing RX's. I learned a lot about Medicare as well as RX regulations and controlled substances. More importantly I learned in training that the best way to handle issues and work also is to treat everyone as if you own the company and they are all your customer. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get someone a medication they desperately needed due to regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving issues with orders and/or shipping and getting the customer their meds and hearing them say "thank you". I really enjoyed the position.
Pros
Flexible schedule set by employee, benefits.
Productive Workplace
Specialist (Former Employee) –  MissouriApril 2, 2016
Co-workers are hard working .Co-workers are hard working and the best part of each day.Good management along with good pay
Pros
Great Benefits
comfortable work space with amazing coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2015
As i walked into work i was always greeted with smiles and hellos from co-workers. making sure the members always received excellent service and one call resolution. My favorite part of my career at Express Scripts/Medco was being a training assistant.i loved giving all the new hires my 15 year knowledge.
Pros
10 hour shifts, night shifts, benefits
Cons
job security after merger
Fast paced work environment with strong leadership team and good benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 26, 2016
Overall, Express Scripts is a great place to work with great benefits (health insurance, PTO, etc). The hardest part was being able to adapt to a constantly changing environment. Processes and the way certain things were handled changed on a weekly and sometimes daily basis so it was sometimes hard to keep track of the current processes, especially when communication was lacking. However, the company really gave me a chance to get involved in the department besides just doing my every day duties which was a lot of fun. I was able to join various teams and lead many projects that helped to better the department (and myself) in various ways. There were plenty of opportunities to move up in the company and the leadership team did a great job of helping me pinpoint areas of opportunity within myself so that I could improve in order to move up in the company.
Pros
Great benefits, opportunities to get involved/move around the company
Cons
Fast paced/constantly changing environment, poor communication at times
great cafeteria food
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2016
Very Nice place to work, great side of town. minutes from airport. weekends off. flexible shifts yearly raises. great phone setting. nice people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9