Express Scripts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,701 reviews matching the search
Hot Mess But Good Pay and Benefits
pharmacy production clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INFebruary 9, 2016
I started working at Express Scripts when it was Medco, and Medco was a great place to work. When Express Scripts took over, it seemed like no one ever knew what was going on, what they were supposed to do, we were working mandatory overtime in the same week that they were asking people to go home early, equipment was always broken down, patients were getting their orders screwed up or not getting them period, it was just a big hot mess. For two years and still going, from what I hear from current employees. Now, they will hire anyone in a heartbeat, and they do pay decently and have great insurance. I will say that. Raises are however, literally pennies for the regular employees.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor work/life balance
Challenging Rewarding Work Environment
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAMarch 10, 2016
Although many people complained about Express Scripts, I loved my job. It was the most rewarding experience I have ever had in a work environment. Helping patients daily was richly rewarding. I learned so much about the cost of prescription drugs and the plight of those who rely on them and can not afford them. There is so much to know about the insurance industry, that daily I was learning something new, that was the hardest and one of the best things about my job. My co-workers were amazing people, and I can't say enough about the management I had during my time with ESI. Although the company rules are very strict when it come to attendance, our management staff never held it against us when illness or a family emergency came up.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401k, Adoption Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Short Lunch, Unrealistic work/life expectations
They lie when it comes to their culture.
Sr Data Entry Technician/SME (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 3, 2016
Sure employees go through the required regulatory training, but it is a farce. Management on all levels do not care about employees or the patients. What they care about is higher production like a factory. In fact, new management with history of having worked in manufacturing facilities was hired to increase productivity in a mail order prescription processing environment. We were not building cars or putting heads on dolls, we were providing healthcare for people. Quality was not as important as quantity was which is unethical when it comes to healthcare.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
organizational culture was not lived by
Excellent company with good leadership as well as training
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
I was a remote customer service agent working from home on thin client provided by company. Hours were set by employees and were very flexible. I took inbound calls for customers needing to order RX refills and/or handle issues with existing RX's. I learned a lot about Medicare as well as RX regulations and controlled substances. More importantly I learned in training that the best way to handle issues and work also is to treat everyone as if you own the company and they are all your customer. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get someone a medication they desperately needed due to regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving issues with orders and/or shipping and getting the customer their meds and hearing them say "thank you". I really enjoyed the position.
Pros
Flexible schedule set by employee, benefits.
Great advancement opps
Network Analyst II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2016
I worked at ESI for 7 years and was promoted almost annually. Great opportunities to keep moving up if you prove yourself. That being said, it was VERY DEMANDING and I was essentially on call 24/7 if issues happened. They required lots of holidays and overnights, especially around December/January. Given the demands, compensation wasn't great. If they'd have paid me more I would not have left.
Pros
networking and advancement opportunities
Cons
low pay, demanding hours
Bad culture with no value for others
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2016
Management out of touch with staff
Fired staff for doing the right thing
Promotions went to the pets not who was most qualified or experienced
Pay well below average and management admitted this
Discouraged independent thinking
Leaders did not Lead but followed talking points to keep their jobs
Pros
Cons
pay, culture, management, hours, benefits, No diversity in management
Fast paced work environment with strong leadership team and good benefits
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 26, 2016
Overall, Express Scripts is a great place to work with great benefits (health insurance, PTO, etc). The hardest part was being able to adapt to a constantly changing environment. Processes and the way certain things were handled changed on a weekly and sometimes daily basis so it was sometimes hard to keep track of the current processes, especially when communication was lacking. However, the company really gave me a chance to get involved in the department besides just doing my every day duties which was a lot of fun. I was able to join various teams and lead many projects that helped to better the department (and myself) in various ways. There were plenty of opportunities to move up in the company and the leadership team did a great job of helping me pinpoint areas of opportunity within myself so that I could improve in order to move up in the company.
Pros
Great benefits, opportunities to get involved/move around the company
Cons
Fast paced/constantly changing environment, poor communication at times
Kind gracious leadership. Excellent pay and work life balance
RN (Current Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 18, 2016
I love my job!!! It's such a contrast from bedside nursing. Management is kind and really listen to your needs. It is fun, challenging, and when work is over for the day, you take nothing home with you. Seriously a great company to work for! Great benefits, pay, fun and relaxes environment.
Pros
Kind management, good pay, excellent work life balance
Cons
Professional and goal oriented place to work for
Patient Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2016
On a daily basis I learned how to work independently to obtain a goal and maintain a quota. I also learned how to work with a team and collaborate with other teams to form effective and beneficial plans that will benefit the company.
Pros
pay and benefits, job security
Cons
lack of opportunity for growth
productive work place that always give back to there employee's weather its blankets for the Christmas holidays to coffee mugs and portable chargers.
Prescription benefit specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 27, 2015
this company also provided one of the best health care benefits, great 401k and retirement plans, give back to employee's from Christmas and thanksgiving dinners to portable chargers, blankets, coffee mugs and a whole lot more.
Pros
healthcare, great pay rate, advancement
Cons
no grace period if your even 1 min late count against you, system issues often, employees not being on same page it's always a different answer.
Great employer cares about the employees
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2016
Great place to work was the best job ever. Great people to work for and with. Lots of advancement into different areas. Learned a lot about the company and the operation of mail or service.
Pros
Had free lunches and best benefits ever
Cons
Long hours of standing.
Job Work/Life Balance...No balance what so ever!
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2016
If you have a family forget about it!.......You work long hours, forced to work holidays... Management is uncaring and selfish at times... Compensation for the warehouse workers is under the Market Rate terribly for the workload and exceptions...
Pros
PTO Hours, Immediate Co workers are easy to get alone with..
Cons
Your Family life suffers..
Reimbursement Specialist
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2015
• Examined patients' insurance coverage, deductibles, possible insurance carrier payments and remaining balances not covered under their policies when applicable
• Responsible for working the rejected and unprocessed claims, collected on insurance and patient accounts and handled up to 180 aging reports
• Researched CPT and ICD-9 coding discrepancies for compliance and reimbursement accuracy
• Processed authorized payments for account balances, copay payments and submissions of account reconciliation adjustments
• Speak with physicians to complete the prior authorizations
Benefits
Cons
Pay
comfortable work space with amazing coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2015
As i walked into work i was always greeted with smiles and hellos from co-workers. making sure the members always received excellent service and one call resolution. My favorite part of my career at Express Scripts/Medco was being a training assistant.i loved giving all the new hires my 15 year knowledge.
Pros
10 hour shifts, night shifts, benefits
Cons
job security after merger
Okay
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLMarch 21, 2016
take inbound calls to answer questions about health care benefits in a timely manger. Have monthly reviews with manger on where you stand with company. 3 hours of paid vacation time every week. Pay was every Friday, Dealt with Medicare and Medicaid servies
Pros
Tuition Assistance
Productive Workplace
Specialist (Former Employee) –  MissouriApril 2, 2016
Co-workers are hard working .Co-workers are hard working and the best part of each day.Good management along with good pay
Pros
Great Benefits
hard to adavance within company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2016
In data entry, things are based on a quota, so if you don't like boring, routine work it's not a fun place. They have amazing benefits though.
Pros
benefits and tuition reimbursement
Cons
short notice mandatory overtime
Not Great
Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
The company went through some changes. And with those changes went management. Management use to have a strong relationship with its employees. Once Express Scripts took over that all went downhill. Most of the Good people left due to being fired or laid off. Most were let go because they were with the company too long and their pay scale was too high. I was with the company for 7 years. The last two were horrible. I'm glad to be gone.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
You will learn a lot.
Patient Care Representative / Synagis Team (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2016
It is a nice place to work, and you will learn a lot everyday. I don't seem to see a lot of room for advancement and that's with a degree.
Pros
no function is too hard to learn
Cons
Health care benefits are not the best
Great place to work to work with great qualities
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, GAJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Express Scripts. At Express Scripts you are given the opportunity to gain extra pay without working overtime. They offered benefits that were at reasonable cost and the employees as well as their staff was always professional.
Pros
Incentives were given for perfect attendance
Cons
Call center cubicles should be more private

2.9