Express Scripts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,666 reviews matching the search
Working here was just ok.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55439June 23, 2016
It's a job, there is no pride in it. You are a robot, you go in do your job and go home. If you look past all the bickering the company does about you will be just fine. You could work there for several years and be on time with no days missed and they will still find something to say to "make you a better employee."
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
They play too many phone games, to try to catch you up.
good place to work, excellent salary and benefits
Sr Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
I feel I have learned a lot about medicine, drugs and how they help people. I also learned how to talk with doctors and discuss the patients needs to the medicine and talk to the patients on side effects from the drugs and how to take them. Management was good at explaining issues that needed to be dealt with. The hardest part of my job was watching some employees not be able to perform the job as required and the most enjoyable part was the feeling of knowing I did my job well everyday.
Pros
Training new people to perform their best
Great place to work but work hours can exceed normal 8 to 5
Account manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2016
Express scripts has their formula for making business down to a tee. you will find many individuals there who are also career driven as well. The hardest part is the hours can be long so work / life balance takes a major hit.
Also you would think working for a insurance company you would get a break, but the healthcare benefits aren't up to par with other companies out there. but besides that, if you are looking for a career and want to make it to senior or director status, there is loads of opportunities here.
Pros
great place to work and career advancement
Cons
Work hours exceed the typical work day of 8 to 5. expect to work at min of 60 hrs per week
Bad Place to Work
Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJune 21, 2016
The only thing that I like about this job is my co-workers and the health benefits. Poor pay. Poor management.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Pay
I enjoyed the industry and liked the people I worked with.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 19, 2016
However, ESI needs to improve their planning, compensate their employees appropriately and provide better job work/life balance. I would not recommend this employer at this time. However, there is a new CEO and he is making some improvements, so I hope the environment will improve in the future.
Pros
Cafe on campus.
Express Scripts
Data Entry Tech (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 16, 2016
Customer Service Inbound and Outbound Calls to assist with Patients medication and update profile. Work in a timely matter to satisfy the Patient.

Hardest is on the phone for 8 hours.
Most enjoyable is helping the customer
Pros
insurance
Cons
routine
Balanced work load
Sr. Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2016
I work in the Business Development department and we have a great team and great leader. Work load is balanced and we have good working environment.
Typical Call Center.
Patient Care Advocate (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PA 19044June 14, 2016
Its the typical call center , but you meet all kinds of people that you connect with and the callers are that pleasant variety that comes in that makes you laugh or makes you have to really smile and bite your tongue.
Security as long as you are on time and do your job, you will be good.
Pros
benefits, security
Cons
time matters, don't be a second late
I would like to work for future but it was moved.
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 13, 2016
I liked to work with company and upper management. I don't like unionize and people can't work hard to get more benefit.i learned safety and work with my co-worker.
poor work/life balance
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAJune 12, 2016
Company does not care about employees well being. Very poor work/life balance with frequent schedule changes. Due to schedule changes it is difficult to make long term plans. High stress due to constant coaching from managment, rarely do you get a pat on the back, usually it is "yes you are doing well in this area..but" there is always a but. Company treats its customer as badly as it treats its employees, then expects low level representatives to deal with the angry customers without recourse.
Pros
some work from home positions available, great co-workers
Cons
short lunch, poor pay for high stress, poor benefits with express scripts as your PBM
Great
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 10, 2016
Express Scripts is a great company. I have been here for years and i love it. Great place to work. You get a lot of hands on work. Patient client work is amazing
Very helpful and organized management
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89120June 9, 2016
The best part of working at Express Scripts general focused around how determined they were to maintain knowledge of what employees required to be most efficient and bringing out the best of they're abilities.
productive
staff (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 8, 2016
handling patients prescription problems and going over benefits. i also worked to service pharmacist with explaining medications to patients
Express Scripts Mail Order Pharmacy Is A Decent Job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2016
If you're looking for something easy that will pay the bills, a job at ESI is a great option if they are hiring. But only consider if you don't mind sitting 8 hours a day and typing until your wrists are sore. Any social interaction is awkward and forced usually on company time for meetings etc. Very isolated work environment and micro-managed time clocks for each employee. Good benefits (did not use them) and tuition reimbursement (did not use). This is the kind of job where you will feel and be treated like a robot, or your position will be replaced by one in time-- this happened to 2 different jobs at the company during my 2 year stay there.

Overall, I am a creative person so my time spent at ESI was very frustrating and sad, bordering on depression, this was the main reason I had to get out of the company.

Had a few great coworkers who I will miss.
Pros
PTO accrual, benefits, simple work, freeCE
Cons
unhealthy, robotic, repetetive, isolated, asocial, weak bonus
Horrible
Patient Service Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2016
This is the worst company I've worked for in my five years of employment. Management isn't fair or professional about things at all in the work place or the employees. Also puts individuals livelihood on the line, I would not consider working here.
Pros
Sitting
Cons
Staring at a screen for 8 hours with no work, your opinion doesn't matter, double standards, favoritism
Great for a few
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJune 7, 2016
Management at night is very poor with answering questions, not a lot of flexibility during open enrollment, worked here for almost 2 yrs and they multi train you on everything they can and don't want to pay you extra for it
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Poor management at night, customers can say whatever and you can say nothing, mentally exhausting, many people on med leave due to stress
Do not do it
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2016
Awful place to work for. Since Esi has a lawsuit against them management will do anything to get you out of the door. The floor supervisors are never around to help but they want you to know everything about the systems and most of the time they know nothing. The only good thing is the pay. Upper management is sleeping with employees, police has visited the Memphis site plenty of times. HR is completely unprofessional. This company needs a union asap
The most stressful place to work
Assist Highly (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 5, 2016
was not happy there at all. Management was horrible, once you become tenure they get rid of you. Its a very money hungry company that cares nothing about its employees.
Pros
Cons
Express Scripts
Positive Work Experience
Resolutions Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2016
Fast paced knowledge driven company with changes daily. Had to be resourceful and adapt quickly. Really enjoyed assist clients and members, very rewarding
Pros
Abiity work in many departments
Cons
Lay off
overall good company and pay
Prescription Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 4, 2016
can be stressful too many calls inbound and outbound
only full time
get incentives for conversions
have to know the different plan desings