Express Scripts
1,036 reviews

Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Mail order PBM
HE Technician (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 13, 2015
Pros: easy work.
Cons: Some policies are more favorable than others.
Pretty good company to work for if all you are looking for is to come in and just do your job. No major hard decisions to make. Come in and hit your numbers for the day and the rest is history. Nice leniency in dress code and also breaks, however there are some policies that are more stringent than others.
treated like servants
Pharmacist (Current Employee), work at homeJune 11, 2015
can't finish without getting "points" in which are not fair, not about the patient...just about the money. they do not care about thier employees
Productive place to work high pace
IT Manager (Current Employee), St LouisJune 11, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: high paces environment
Program Management for large Government Program $ 65 M
Mentor and coach project managers
Great team collaboration
I learned to be very proactive..always have a planned strategy
Imperative to be transparent
Management does not appreciate employees.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 9, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits.
Cons: Poor raises and favoritism.
Typical day at work was very "independent". Processed faxes as they came in through computer files. I learned a lot about different drugs and their purpose. Management lacked compassion and communication towards employees. Co-workers were very pleasant and enjoyable. Hardest part of job was communication. Most enjoyable was, co-workers.
Rewarding Work
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 5, 2015
Each day, I take both inbound and outbound calls with pharmacy benefit members in answering questions regarding their pharmacy benefits. I also order prescriptions, renewals from doctor offices, and schedule deliveries of specialty medications, while resolving issues that may arise.
productive work enviorment
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), whites town indianaJune 4, 2015
taught me patients
very organized
sometimes it can be time consuming but you gt threw it .
steady work pace

the hardest part about the job is dealing with patients who dont have patients
It worked
Customer Care Administrator II (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaJune 4, 2015
Pros: Co Workers, Hours, and Training
Cons: Management
It was a normal call center environment with 70-100 calls per day. The hours were flexible but management was lacking in certain areas. The camaraderie was great with employees.
I like the personal I worked with.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJune 3, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It was a good place to work. manager and supervisors care about the personal, but like must companies, the main office cares about the money not the personal doing the work.
Inbound call center
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Pueblo, ColoradoJune 3, 2015
You take calls about home delivary prescribtion drugs. The management that I delt with was not really around except for coachings on what you did wrong. Upper managment was great and encouraging. I learned about medicare part D, which was real hard and I delt with the elderly. We educated patients on what medications are covered and what medications are not covered. We talked with pharmacists a lot.
Productive Work Environment Lots of Repetition
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOJune 2, 2015
Cons: short breaks and a lack of appreciative comments.
I would clock in everyday and set up the cold storage, packing, and shipping areas. Then the packers would arrive and begin packing and sending the drug down to me where i would scan the distribution or prescription labels. The Shipping Program would index it's catalog for the proper information and print a shipping label for me to affix to the package. Then the package is placed on a pallet in ascending order and taken out to the dock to be taken away by the shipping companies (i.e. FedEx, UPS, etc.) I would do this hundreds of times a day. Which i don't really mind. I enjoy manual labor when im left mostly alone. However I would usually be hassled by my coworkers. Also a thank you or good job now and again from the supervisory staff would be nice.
Productive and fun working place
Onshore Lead Developer (Former Employee), St.Louis, MOJune 2, 2015
Office maintained customs and had supportive environment. Teamwork was much appreciated. Work was fun here and line of work was always focused and independent.
Express Scripts allows for advancement withing the company
Client service center agent/ Select Written agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2015
Express Scripts is a great place to pursue a career in a PBM company and account management. It provides room for advancement and a wealth of knowledge. It is a place of employment that can gear towards development.
Like bullies running the playground.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 31, 2015
Pros: Three days off.
Cons: Being too emotionally and physically tired all of the time to even care about the three days off.
Work here if you want to be looked down and talked down upon. Respect is something you will not receive. Expect to always be watched and talked about. Expect to be targeted. Expect to be in high school again surrounded by rumors.
People come and go EXTREMELY quickly at this location because the problems that need to be faced within the facility never are. Instead of looking inward at how the company and higher-ups can better themselves by creating a kind environment, they are ruthless, and they take it out on the workers that give their all and reduce them to not caring. It's a shame, because there are a lot of good hearted people that work here. The wrong people are in charge, and it shows.
hors
Pharmacy Production Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2015
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: hours
the hours were horrible no time for family. the management was not good at all. there were over time all th time. the hours were okay but the always blindsided you with overtime.
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT
Administrative appeals specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 27, 2015
I loved working for express scripts, there was so much to learn and i had very great instructors during training. i especially loved the team leaders, they were always making sure we had a clear understanding of any system or SOP changes and updates.
Very redundant work and atmosphere
Senior Data Entry Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Short lunches, healthcare coverage
This was a mail-order pharmacy. The co-workers did not offer too much help and when you went to management for assistance they would refer you back to your co-workers.
work from home position flexible hours
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Valdosta, gaMay 27, 2015
Pros: working from home, flexible hours
Cons: upper management not available
Alot of technical problems in the beginning and policy and rules being changed without notice. Attendance policy needs to be set in stone and not changed to suit a particular situation
Engaging Envirionment
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Whitestown, INMay 26, 2015
Pros: helping patients, making a difference
Cons: good work wasn't always aknowledged, inconsistent training
My time at Express Scripts was challenging but educational. A typical day started with coming in, clocking in and taking calls right away from cancer patients, their family members or their doctor's offices. I helped them schedule their medication, went over insurance coverage where possible and also helped with other basic needs as I could.

I learned more about how to use a computer and how to engage with patients. It wasn't unusual ,to have unhappy patients give their circumstances. I learned how to help them and also tried to hopefully make their day better. This was also the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job, learning when there wasn't anything you could do to make them happier and also when they could be. I had many phone calls when I got off with a smile, because I knew I'd been able to help a patient with something they'd had a lot of trouble with. However there were times when I knew there just wasn't anything I could do and having to tell a patient that was hard.
Horrible Workplace
Consultant (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJMay 23, 2015
Pros: None, except you can work from home sometimes
Cons: Everything else.
Great place to work if you are a masochist.

They work you 24/7 and treat you like garbage.

Totally unfriendly environment. People won't even say "good morning".
Awesome
Associate Software Develoer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2015
Really nice job culture.
They have lots of benefits for their employees.

I was a contractor over there. My manager was very flexible and freindly. Everyne in the team were very freindly and helpfull.

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.

Express Scripts Salaries