Express Scripts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,726 reviews matching the search
Do not do it
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2016
Awful place to work for. Since Esi has a lawsuit against them management will do anything to get you out of the door. The floor supervisors are never around to help but they want you to know everything about the systems and most of the time they know nothing. The only good thing is the pay. Upper management is sleeping with employees, police has visited the Memphis site plenty of times. HR is completely unprofessional. This company needs a union asap
Fast Paced
Credit and Collection Analyst (Finance) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2016
Express Scripts was a very interesting place to work. The only downside was the hiring of a Director and Manager that had no clue on how the operations should run. They lacked enough knowledge to accurately facilitate the running of the department. They often allowed other departments to continuously dump work loads that should never have been placed on our area.
I had alot of friends. I had nice supervisors.
Pharmacy Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 31, 2016
I worked a 4 -10 hour shift from 10:30am to 9:00pm. I had my weekends off. I had good health, dental, vision, life insurance as well. I learned a lot in the 10 years. I was able to over-come any challenges. Whether it be for sales quotas, contests. I had an open-door relationship with all management. I was liked by everyone. My personality was passive-aggressive. I am funny. I like making people laugh. There was really no hard part of my job. I did whatever it takes to learn, and follow my instincts to handle calls from clients. I turned a lot of aggression to pleasant and took control of all situations.
Pros
We did have some recognition lunches.
Cons
Loss of salary and commission
Great client to work for, poor management
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2016
Express Scripts is a great client but the vendor they chose, APAC customer service, did not hold the values that they have in place. APAC is a high turnover call center that has poor leadership and does not care about employees. I enjoyed training for the client, but was very unhappy working for them.
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
Terrible management
Great for a few
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJune 7, 2016
Management at night is very poor with answering questions, not a lot of flexibility during open enrollment, worked here for almost 2 yrs and they multi train you on everything they can and don't want to pay you extra for it
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Poor management at night, customers can say whatever and you can say nothing, mentally exhausting, many people on med leave due to stress
ok place to work if you really need a job
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 12, 2016
I go to work login to my computer work and leave a typical work day
I learned a lot about medicare and Medicaid plans
They have some great supervisors
great co workers
the hardest part of the job is sitting in one spot all day and reviewing the same cases everyday
pay day is the most enjoyable part about the job
Production at Fun Work-place
Sr. Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2016
A typical day consisted of contacting third party providers to verify customer coverage or eligibility and contacting members regarding claim status or location of shipment. I enjoyed over all the work place environment and the team-work of employees.
Pros
Celebrations of birthdays, holidays, five year increments awards reconition
Professional Enviornment
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2016
Starting the day I begin assist patients with enrolling them into the Praluent program so they are able to received their medication. Handled customer service inquiries from members, providers, physicians and internal/external clients related to PAP, pharmacy benefits, and other medication related activities; process applications, prescriptions, refills and eligibility while maintaining quality standards and productivity levels.
Working here was just ok.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55439June 23, 2016
It's a job, there is no pride in it. You are a robot, you go in do your job and go home. If you look past all the bickering the company does about you will be just fine. You could work there for several years and be on time with no days missed and they will still find something to say to "make you a better employee."
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
They play too many phone games, to try to catch you up.
Typical Call Center.
Patient Care Advocate (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PA 19044June 14, 2016
Its the typical call center , but you meet all kinds of people that you connect with and the callers are that pleasant variety that comes in that makes you laugh or makes you have to really smile and bite your tongue.
Security as long as you are on time and do your job, you will be good.
Pros
benefits, security
Cons
time matters, don't be a second late
I enjoyed the industry and liked the people I worked with.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 19, 2016
However, ESI needs to improve their planning, compensate their employees appropriately and provide better job work/life balance. I would not recommend this employer at this time. However, there is a new CEO and he is making some improvements, so I hope the environment will improve in the future.
Pros
Cafe on campus.
Good Place to work
SR PRESCRIPTION BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2016
I been with this company happen to like working with the Department of defense.I have been able to move up in this company. I been working as a SR prescription benefit specialist assisting with team members and with new hires love assisting with a big class.
Pros
they give points to buy thing for christmas
Cons
not enough money.
Horrible
Patient Service Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2016
This is the worst company I've worked for in my five years of employment. Management isn't fair or professional about things at all in the work place or the employees. Also puts individuals livelihood on the line, I would not consider working here.
Pros
Sitting
Cons
Staring at a screen for 8 hours with no work, your opinion doesn't matter, double standards, favoritism
instability and lack of information
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitestown, INMay 23, 2016
Management lacks skills and knowledge to actively inform and communicate with employees. No consistency in operations and or common place rules from one day to the next. Failure on part of management to keep employees up to date on all necessary information.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
short lunch, lack of communication, poor management
Express Scripts
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 28, 2016
A typical day was productive and always a pleasant environment. I learned to appreciate employment with a company I could excel with, management was top notch and very understanding to employees needs. Co-workers were the best help and family oriented as well. The hardest part of my job was when the site closed and we all parted ways. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers with prescription information for over 16 years.
Good pay is not always enough
Medicare Service Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 27, 2016
I began my tenure with Medco Health Solutions, which was amazing. I would have retired from Medco. When Express Scripts took over in 2012, my pay and bonuses were cut. I went from a client facing role to a member facing role, because the new management wanted to change every department. The culture is all about the bottom line. There is NO work/life balance. They expect overtime, weekends, and whatever else it took to keep going. The ONLY good thing about ESI was the pay. Now I hear even the benefits have changed, and its impossible to meet deductibles, out of pocket expenses, etc. Dont be fooled by the pay. The company is horrible.
Ok Place to work
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 22, 2016
No much can be said about this place. The work environment was very tense. We were constantly walking on egg shells. There was no job security. The co workers were the best part of the day to day events. The hardest part of the job was having to hear the sad stories that people went through trying to obtain their medication.
Pros
Free internet cafe
Cons
Short breaks, no job security
Good training program. Management generally available to provide assistance. Quality Control Department call ratings questionable. Quality peers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INMay 17, 2016
Pros
Nice office environment.
Cons
Quality Control call ratings questionable.
being positive
Patient Care Advocate-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 25, 2016
i enjoy talking to the members, keeping them at peace with any questions or concerns they might have. i can't say that there is a hard part about my job. As long as my members are okay and they have been taking cared of then i'm happy. My Co-works and i help each other out a lot, with new rules and procedures coming in everyday we help each other stay on our feet. A typical day at work starts off with positive thinking and positive energy from the people around me.
Pros
Helping Patients, Bring Friendly
Cons
n/a
Horrible!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJApril 27, 2016
i was a pharmacy technician in Florence NJ. i worked the sun-wed (5am-330pm) shift. This is the worst company ive ever worked at in my short life. The managers here are straight aholes. you dont get paid enough && the company is horrible. Nobody has any respect for you, the managers think they can talk to you how they want. i left in September of 2015 and they were having problems with the union & company on raises. There hasnt been raises given out in years and people are very upset about that. someone died on location as well. please listen to me when i say you wont like it here. they treat grown a*s adults like kids in there. SAVE YOURSELF AND DONT WORK FOR THIS GARBAGE COMPANY!!!!
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
long hours for little money, horrible managers, early morings, EVERYTHING ELSE!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9