Express Scripts

Express Scripts United States Employee Reviews

Great
Claim Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando FLApril 16, 2015
Its a great company to work for. Wonderful management. You are an asset to the company. I love working there. The people are loving. Everyone loves their job. It is very professional. Help Is there whenever you need it.
Great people to work with.
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no company compassion.
Busy
All aspects of mail order pharmacy
Great co-workers
working without proper tools
The company overall I find to be uncaring in reference to workers and customers.
Productive and Challenging
Resolution Team Lead (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, 401K
Cons: n/a
I handle customer needs and make sure everything is done on a 1 call resolution basis. The hardest part of the job is pleasing the customer. The most rewarding part is getting things accomplished and pleasing the customer as well.
What I learned at Express Scripts
Client Service Supervisor - (PBM) (Former Employee), Horsham, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Happier employees decreased absenteeism
Cons: The company downsized in 2006
Express Scripts was a fun place to work because each call center supervisor was chosen to participate in different tactical teams based one of their strengths.

The overall outcome promoted individual and team engagement and appreciation which increased productivity.
Drama, double standards, nothing done
CPhT (Former Employee), Whitestown, INApril 15, 2015
Pros: Helping patients
Cons: Everything else
There are a lot of double standards at the ESI I worked for. Several people were able to get away with certain things but if others did it, they would get written up for it. Other than that, there was a lot of drama .. I know what you are thinking, of course there is .. where isn't there? Yes, I know. However, at ESI, there was a lot more than just the usual. I enjoyed the job I did but not the stress I dealt with on a daily basis for the compensation. Not to mention after as long as I was there and the amount of hours I put in, day in and day out, I was let go with no warning.
Great Environment
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 14, 2015
Express Scripts offered, great benefits, great environment, and lots of opportunity. The wages were competitive, and the management was well trained to teach and lead.
not a good place
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2015
say they are patient oriented but all they care is about Is numbers. the management can pick and choose which rules they follow. they say they want quality work but when you try to help the patient, you get no acknowledgement. they just tell you to move faster and less talking.
It's was a wonderful place to work if you don't mind educating handle multiply calls and helping and emphasizing with others
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Dublin, OHApril 14, 2015
I loved it I got to sooth people calm them down get them relaxed enough to conduct business it help the day go by fast and helping people has always been a plus for me. So that part of the job was awesome!!!!!!!!
You need to get into the club
Clinical Account Executive (Former Employee), Virtual officeApril 14, 2015
Pros: Virtual Workplace
Cons: Tensioned & Stressful environment
I do have many fond memories of my time at Express Scripts, so I can't say the 10 years I spent there were not good. However, I learned very early on that the way the company is set up is not for the team work that it advertises. Each employee at review time is pinned against his/her peers, thus, somebody has to fall to the bottom. More than not, if you are not a member of the club (i.e. if you are not friends with the executives), then the chances of success are low.

I did enjoy working with many of the people in the company and found a camaraderie that I enjoyed. It was, however, a very stressful and tensioned decade, and I'm very glad to have moved on.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the supervisors who really didn't have good managerial experience - they just thought they did.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home - I had a virtual office that I treasured.
express scripts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Byfield, MAApril 13, 2015
Need better care for their employees they say family first but they do not believe in that. Employees can only have a break if they are not busy which they always are the over work their employees. Employees have to ask to go to the bathroom. All in all I believe this is not a great company to work for.
Terrible place to work
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee), Dublin, OhioApril 9, 2015
Pros: The day eventually ends.
Cons: Management.
I worked as a PAR for over a year and at first I liked the job. The job itself isnt hard or overly complicated. Once I got through training and realized I was working for a bunch of brainless monkeyes, I started looking for other employment immediately. I have worked for a couple other Fortune 500 companies and let me say this, this management is completely out of touch. In the year or so I worked there, I went through 4 different shift bids and had to rearrange my life to accommodate them. I had to move my desk no short of 6 times because their management can't get their act together. The amazing thing to me is that management didnt understand having their employees go through constant change and unrest...that it causes stress to your staff that is many times unnecessary. Their quick witted come back usually started with something about "change" and ended with "its something you just have to be able to manage in this job." Hello...geniuses...here's a clue...your causing/creating a stressful work environment.

The management is never or rarely seen, unless their vendor is visiting or there is a major problem. They have completely destroyed whatever culture previously existed. The company values are expected to be followed by staff, but have no barring on management or the likes. They hire people in droves because they have a steady daily exodus of staff. Nobody wants to work for $12.75/hr and be micromanage by incompetents. They have an antiquated system of quality review. Their matrix used to give reviews is based on fictional numbers that have absolutely no – more... value or ability to compare one employee to another. Their raises are horrible (unless you think 1% is a good raise). Their portfolio is extremely top heavy with one vendor...to which they readily bend over for in fear of losing them because they can't meet their contractual obligations. They actually went out of their way once to roll out a red carpet down the middle of the call floor isle for one of their visits...only to make supervisors keep all the lowly staff off of it. They regularly make you completely clean off your desk to make it look Non-lived in...like that somehow makes the environment look homey, inviting and a fun place to work. The one and, in my opinion, only redeming quality this company has is their health benefits...which are outstanding. However, when I say health benefits, don't mistake that term with general employment benefits. PTO or paid time off, as it's earned is darn near impossible to take because they constantly have freezes on when you can take time off. What good is vacation time if you only have half a year in which you can take it...if you can get it approved. The short of it is that this place has potential to be a great company to work for, but the reality is until they gut the management and bring in some people who know how to build a positive and nurturing work culture, this company is never going to be more than a meat grinder of a place to work. If you decide to take a job here, best of luck to you. – less
Design,code, testing,implement
Member (Current Employee), Franklyn Lakes, NJApril 9, 2015
It a good stable environment. I learned a lot working in that company.
My management liked my work. I had many business meetings where I represented my group. One of my duties among many others was to make sure that work and expertise that required from my group did not go unnoticed.
Great for starting out in customer service
Prescription Benefit Specialist (Current Employee), saint louis, moApril 8, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: no work life balance
It is an okay company to work for I believe that this job is for entry level positions not really good in advancement with the company.
Customer Service Problem Resolution Rep II (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 8, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation days
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work involved sitting at cubicle taking phone calls from pharmacists and doctors. Process prescription insurance, provide authorizations for pharmacists. Transfer doctors to appropriate authorization department. Management was always providing feedback through coaching sessions each week. I really enjoyed my coworkers. The job wasn't hard at all. The most enjoyable part was knowing I was helping someone to be able to receive their medications.
Unorganized and poor management system
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Florence, NJApril 8, 2015
Pros: You can listen to your music while working
Cons: Everything
Your work schedule would be 10 1/2 hours from 5am-330pm four days a week. Once you get used to the schedule everything is fine but if you work hard you won't get anything for it in return. If you make a mistake you need to own up to it immediately because if they find out they will not be happy or pleased. The work place is full of drama and it is worse than high school. The company cares about how they can improve the company without spending money so everything is very cheap. Brand new technology and equipment that break daily. Work life balance is horrible. You leave work get home and have enough time to eat dinner and shower before you have to start getting ready to head to bed.

If you value respect and honesty do not work this company. The management will promise you certain expectations and will turn them around on you. If you really need money and just a 'job' then apply but BE WARNED.
productive
Personal care advocate (Former Employee), Pueblo, COApril 7, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: sitting at a desk all day
Tricare/ Department of defense personal Care advocate 08-11-2014 – current Job
Educate patient/beneficiary of their pharmaceutical benefits including; refills on prescriptions, prescription renewals, drug coverage.
Pretty standard
Senior Pricing Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2015
I guess I had an experience at this company much like that of many of the other people at this company in that it was, by all measures, and in every way, standard and unsurprising.
Warehouse/Fulfillment, (Current Employee), Whitestown, INApril 6, 2015
Pros: Nice cafeteria, good co workers
Cons: Low pay, Health Insurance is too high
Job can be more better if management team can get on the same page and listen to employees with highest seniority instead of creating ideas thinking it's better for all.
Bright Call Center
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GAApril 4, 2015
At Express Scripts (ESI) on an average day I would take somewhere between 50-100 calls from members about their medications or benefits. I learned a lot about insurance benefits being that ESI is a pharmaceutical benefits management group. I had a great Team Lead (TL) who went above and beyond her job requirments. My co-workers helped making it a warm and welcoming environment and when help was needed they were right there to help us. The hardest part of the job is hearing the patients nervous or sad about their medications not being available to them as promised. My favorite part of this job was when I would have a happy member and able to resolve all of their problems with their insurance benefits and the medications they need.
Learned about insurance benefits
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GAApril 2, 2015
Work is good, and always there, learned a lot about the insurance industry and vast customer service
Hardest part was dealing with customers who have not been informed about their insurance and did not realize what they signed up for

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.

Express Scripts Salaries