Express Scripts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,701 reviews matching the search
Don'tdo it!
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 7, 2016
I have been working for this company for almost 3 years, Management used to be ok but once we lost some of our head people on site everything went down hill. They make it seem like they care for their employees but they don't. Its all about who you know not what you know. I take sooooo many different calls from different cliental and haven't been properly trained to handle some of them. My blood pressure has even gone up because of this job. The only good thing is your co workers they make your time there a little less miserable, and the benefits are really good. The only reason a lot of people are there is for the benefits; also under paid for the amount of work we do.
Pros
Cafeteria always has daily new menus
Cons
overwhelming company
Good work environment.
Sr. Patient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 6, 2016
The company is financially healthy with numerous growth opportunities. If you work hard, they will take care of you Great benefits.
Bensalem location is now closed
Pa Data Entry Tech (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 6, 2016
I did not enjoy this job. The training lasted more than 8 weeks, the pay was very low and their expectations were very very high. I saw people fired everyday for miniscule mistakes.
Productive and Client Oriented
COBOL MAINFRAME DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2016
Work at Express Scripts is very good. Every day is a new learning. Working in AGILE greatly improves our technical skills.
Great client to work for, poor management
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2016
Express Scripts is a great client but the vendor they chose, APAC customer service, did not hold the values that they have in place. APAC is a high turnover call center that has poor leadership and does not care about employees. I enjoyed training for the client, but was very unhappy working for them.
Pros
Nice break room
Cons
Terrible management
good
Lead. Senior Prior Authorization Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 5, 2016
Great place to work. Pharmacy benefit managememt, great workers and more room to inprove . There is a high rate of employee turnover. It is a call center in lay term but more into coverage review and accomodations
Stressful Company to Work For
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 5, 2016
Employees are constantly on edge of fear of job loss, regardless of performance. Senior leaders encourage aggressive competition among employees in order to gain high performance. Constant threats of location closures and job loss if failure to demonstrate performance that beats other locations within the same company despite high performance. Management positions are encouraged and sometimes forced to work 70-80 hours per week as the norm.
Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance, Fear of Job Loss, Aggressive internal competition
Good training. long work hours. impossible goals.
Senior Account Executive - Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJJuly 3, 2016
Little or no direction from management. Multiple projects from multiple due simultaneously with little regard for normal workload.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
ineffective management team
it was just okay, employees are okay too
Pharmacy Technician- CADS Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2016
This company bought the other company made us work for 2 years plus then let us all go by voluntary actions. We used to have free coffee but this company made us pay for a dollar a cup.
Pros
Cons
facility closed
Toxic environment and very unorganized department. There was a lack of structure, training, and leadership.
Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2016
Express Scripts was a nightmare. The department was under staffed. You had to work long hours. There wasn't a work life balance. The training was inadequate. A training manual was thrown together at the last minute for new hires. There wasn't any structure to the department. There was also a lack of accountability with leadership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of structure
Management is the downfall of this company
Patient/Client Response Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2016
The opportunity for advancement out of this department all depends if you know the right people, not on your skills and experience. Compensation is decent and you can make lifelong friends.
Productive work plan
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 28, 2016
management is awesome and great to work with. If you are a person that does not mind a call center job this is the place for you. great benefits.
Great people
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, GAJune 28, 2016
Culture fractured and constantly in flux leading to high turnover. Lack of leadership and too many managers. Consistency in P&P lacking.
Pros
People
It was Ok
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2016
Its a call center, you expect that at a call center. It was ever changing and lots of talking. I enjoyed helping the patients.
Working here was just ok.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55439June 23, 2016
It's a job, there is no pride in it. You are a robot, you go in do your job and go home. If you look past all the bickering the company does about you will be just fine. You could work there for several years and be on time with no days missed and they will still find something to say to "make you a better employee."
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
They play too many phone games, to try to catch you up.
good place to work, excellent salary and benefits
Sr Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
I feel I have learned a lot about medicine, drugs and how they help people. I also learned how to talk with doctors and discuss the patients needs to the medicine and talk to the patients on side effects from the drugs and how to take them. Management was good at explaining issues that needed to be dealt with. The hardest part of my job was watching some employees not be able to perform the job as required and the most enjoyable part was the feeling of knowing I did my job well everyday.
Pros
Training new people to perform their best
Great place to work but work hours can exceed normal 8 to 5
Account manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2016
Express scripts has their formula for making business down to a tee. you will find many individuals there who are also career driven as well. The hardest part is the hours can be long so work / life balance takes a major hit.
Also you would think working for a insurance company you would get a break, but the healthcare benefits aren't up to par with other companies out there. but besides that, if you are looking for a career and want to make it to senior or director status, there is loads of opportunities here.
Pros
great place to work and career advancement
Cons
Work hours exceed the typical work day of 8 to 5. expect to work at min of 60 hrs per week
Bad Place to Work
Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJune 21, 2016
The only thing that I like about this job is my co-workers and the health benefits. Poor pay. Poor management.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Pay
I enjoyed the industry and liked the people I worked with.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 19, 2016
However, ESI needs to improve their planning, compensate their employees appropriately and provide better job work/life balance. I would not recommend this employer at this time. However, there is a new CEO and he is making some improvements, so I hope the environment will improve in the future.
Pros
Cafe on campus.
Express Scripts
Data Entry Tech (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 16, 2016
Customer Service Inbound and Outbound Calls to assist with Patients medication and update profile. Work in a timely matter to satisfy the Patient.

Hardest is on the phone for 8 hours.
Most enjoyable is helping the customer
Pros
insurance
Cons
routine

2.9