Express Scripts

1.1K reviews

Express Scripts Employee Reviews

My Review
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2015
This is a very fast pace, Customer Service Job. Must be able to change at any moment without notice and Number focused... Over all a decent job
Operations Analyst
Senior Operations analyst (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Telecommute
Cons: Communication needs to improve for virtual teams
Great company to work for. Some positions are offered telecommute. Great company for growth. Communication needs to improve for virtual teams.
Fast Paced, quick changing environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Learned about Lean
Cons: Facility closed down
Each day there was a new learning experience. Once the leadership staff was taught Lean and then asked to implement and make our employees to be leaders in their work role, the days were hectic but rewarding. The leadership team was great to work with, supportive of each other and would help out when work volume increased or changed. Hardest part of the job was the getting the culture to change to incorporate Lean but the most rewarding what when it was happening and the employees could see the benefits also.
Not a Bad Company!
Client Benefit Analyst (Temporary) (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJuly 13, 2015
They seem to want to hire more contingent workers than retain skilled employees. This company is still divided between Express Script employees and Medco health Solutions after merger. They still work as 2 autonomous companies. They disregard the fact you have a life outside work and will work whenever and however you can.
Lack of advancement
Pharmacy Technician / Data Entry (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee
Cons: Pay, management, benefits
Although this was not an ideal company to work for, I did learn a lot about high-speed data entry and accuracy. The numbers that we were required to meet on a daily basis helped me increase my overall typing speed and attention to detail. There was not much, if any, room for advancement and management was lacking, which made it a tough place to work. I quickly realized that I could better use my skills elsewhere, at a better established organization.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2015
Pros: The workers
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day at work was answering phone calls,trying to assist clients with there needs.I learned to have a lot of patients with people. My co-workers were excellent help.
OK place to work with
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHJuly 9, 2015
Had great benefits and great working hours. Fairfield was a great environment to work with.Would work with this company again in the future
great to be able to work at home but need better equipment
customer service rep (Former Employee), joplinJuly 9, 2015
too many problems with keeping their equipment working, was great to be able to work from home and not have to get out in the bad weather just their equipment was junk
Great work place
Lead Pharmacist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2015
I always enjoy working at ESI. Great coworkers and very busy/fast working environment which I really like about. As a lead pharmacist, I manage each stations pharmacists work at, prioritize projects and work, etc.
Good Company
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Tempe,AZJuly 8, 2015
The job requires patience and the ability to communicate information to the callers. Provide information regarding the specific callers insurance plan and setup for mail order medication program.
Human Resources
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Great pay and environment
Cons: acquisition
Previous to Express Scripts, it was Medco until the acquisition.
Working at Medco was great with great pay, co-workers and management. Employees was treated well and thus the reason the turnover rate was very minimal.
Productive and fun workplace
Package return associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment
Received returned damaged, solicited and patient returned medications. Called patients to resolve issue with returned medication. Also received written correspondence. Documented all actions taken into database. Provided replacement orders and issued local pharmacy orders for urgent care.
It was just business, nothing personal.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Freedom to look for work, time to prepare emotionally for separation, generous packages.
Cons: Not open to innovation.
Unfortunately for a lot of us, Express Scripts was the company which acquired ours; so the obvious outcome was that more than half of us would be losing our jobs regardless of how well we performed. It was just business, nothing personal. So it's impossible to give an honest assessment of a company I never had any interest in working for. The CEO is a smart man, and the people he has working for him executed the acquisition well. They successfully managed the merger of our business systems and did a good job of trying to keep things the same for most of us, as much as possible, until it was our turn to go. They then provided very generous packages. So what could have been a very negative experience ended up not being so bad.
Stay away
Resource Management (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 6, 2015
Pros: benefits are affordable
Cons: everything else, terrible management
Rated #1 worst company to work for! That didnt happen by accident, the company is really that bad to work for. They got too big too fast and treat everyone like a number.
telephonic nurse
Telephonic Nurse (Current Employee), orlando floridaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: pto, benefits
Cons: management turnover
I enjoy working for the company. They offer benefits and pto. It is not a real stressful place to work. I don not like how often the management is turned over. I have had 4 bosses and been there almost 2 years.
Long and unhealthy work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Florence, NJJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Employees are really friendly
Cons: Long hours, low wages, poor management
Long work day
I learned to not recommend anyone for this job
Some management personnel are respectful
Co-workers are friendly despite being uneasy on low wages
Hardest part of the job is standing for 8 hours
I enjoy leaving the job after my shift is over
Happy to work with Express scripts
Sr. QA Tester / Business Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes NJJuly 2, 2015
Easy going Job.Day to day meetings,fun with working with Express Scripts.Friendly environment,Quick help form system support.
Great people to work for!!!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New JerseyJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great environment!!!
Cons: Salary
Great management in Fairlawn NJ. Very supportive learning environment. Great work balance. Waiting period for laptop when you start is abit long. IT support is not good.
Great environment, but not so great pay
Data Entry Technician (Order Completion) (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Laid back environment, fun events
Cons: Long hours, monotonous work
I worked at ESI from August 2014 to January 2015. I took the job because it was the only place that interviewed me. The starting pay ($10.38/hour) was not great, but I needed a full-time job, so I took it. Training lasted about a month and it covered the basics of learning to enter a prescription, which is what we did all day. Our trainer was great, but none of the people in my class seemed prepared for the actual work once we were out of the classroom.

It was upsetting because, as new employees on the floor, we were expected to produce and hit high numbers, while at the same time maintaining as close to perfect quality as possible, and we were hardly familiar with our jobs. We did receive a $0.70 raise near the end of the year, which was great, but didn't equate to much. $11.08 an hour really doesn't pay the bills. The biggest reason that led me to find other employment were the hours. While we were scheduled as full-time employees, there was constantly a lack of work. Sometimes we would be out of work for four to six hours a day, and we would just sit around with nothing to do. This eventually led to "voluntary" time of leave, where you could choose to leave since there was no work. While it was nice to have off, the pay was not nice. Some pay periods I was lucky to earn 50 hours worth of pay. And I would leave because, in all honesty, there was nothing I really could do. There is only so much sitting around you can do within an 8 1/2 hour time period. The supervisors would also get upset at you if you weren't sitting at your desk, studying the DPG (Dispensing Practice – more... Guidelines) all day.

If you enjoy rote, monotonous work, then this job is for you. I'm not saying that is a terrible thing, but that is what the job is, and for me, I did not enjoy it. It is strictly data entry, doing nothing but entering prescriptions all day. It is very draining, so I had to take frequent breaks. The nice thing is that you can listen to music while working, so it helps at least a little with the time. There is little room for growth, so if you are hired in data entry, expect that's where you're going to stay. There really are no other positions available, except if you choose to move to a different department.

The nice thing I really liked about the company was the environment. It was very laid back. You could wear jeans and listen to music while working. They also did fun events like Theme Fridays, Gingerbread House competition, finger football, and monthly departmental lunches. – less
Fast pace call center enviornment
Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 30, 2015
Supervisor position offered little support in terms resources. Heavy reliance on coworkers. Employees in my department in my particular center were extremely proficient and helpful.
Headquarters