Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 1,838 reviews matching the search
Overall it isn't so bad
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, GADecember 22, 2016
The work environment and management is overall the best part of this job. Without them, I can't see anyone staying to work here. The job itself, while physically easy, can be mentally taxing. You are working directly with a system that handles peoples money and medication. This isn't like listening to someone be angry because the clothing they bought wasn't the right size, or their food was cold. This job is very serious and peoples lives are affected by it. The job overall can be very stressful and in the end it is a lot of work for what you get paid.
Great RPh staff , always changing work standards
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 17, 2016
A very great group of pharmacists to work with, many of whom have been a very long time. The work is always on a pressure time table to accomplish an ever increasing expectation with very little interaction with peers and support staff. A very impersonal enviroment with extensive micro management.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Micro management and ever changing guidance
They lie when it comes to their culture.
Sr Data Entry Technician/SME (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 3, 2016
Sure employees go through the required regulatory training, but it is a farce. Management on all levels do not care about employees or the patients. What they care about is higher production like a factory. In fact, new management with history of having worked in manufacturing facilities was hired to increase productivity in a mail order prescription processing environment. We were not building cars or putting heads on dolls, we were providing healthcare for people. Quality was not as important as quantity was which is unethical when it comes to healthcare.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
organizational culture was not lived by
Enjoyed working at Express Scripts just ended badly.
BUsiness Analyst - IAM Compliance & Verification (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2016
Enjoyed working for Express Scripts. Nice environment, enjoyable work and good fist line manager. Was Contractor that was offered full employee status. Process did not complete. Express Scripts was over budget and Sr. Management required layoffs to meet their yearly bonuses. Resulting in my entire department being laid-off. If not for this I was quite happy working for Express Scripts.
Pros
Offices, Lunch room, gym, etc.
Cons
Unpredictable budgets.
rating
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 15, 2016
ESI is the client, the actual employer was EGS (formally APAC) it doesn't matter if the name is to be changed it is not a great company to work for. Employed by the company for nearly two years when I decided to leave. If you have ever wanted to relive high school 10+ years after graduating apply here. They'll hire just about anyone just to have enough bodies on the floor. Don't worry, you're just a number an expandable number at that. There will be a lot of requests made of you the better you are at your job without many balancing rewards. Will admit if you are a student (I am) they do work VERY well with accommodations to your schedule. This is also attracts a lot of younger less professional/mature applicants. Be advised. Also the pay is advertised as "competitive" which is far from being that there is two to five dollar difference in starting pay at many call centers in the area. If you NEED a JOB this is the place for you, if you WANT a CAREER you're better off working a Temp-To hire agency.
Pros
Free Food, Student Accommodations.
Cons
Pay, Stress level, unprofessional. "Bonus" program.
A job for adults
Client Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2016
It's not fun but well worth every second there. The career experience is great and so is the pay/benefits. Tons of PTO. Zero advancement opportunities in my particular department. Had to leave after 4 years.
Pros
Starbucks anyone?
Cons
Dead end job
Training ground
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
I answered calls from patients calling to refill their mail order. I was quickly shifted to Accredo specialty medication refills and outbound calls.
I learned about how prescription mail order works and also about specialty medication coverage and copay assistance. I did outbound calls to remind and assist people with their refills.
Management was in transition when I arrived and that was the hardest part of the job. My co-workers were a big help with little system glitches that they assisted with working around.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and being able to assist people with things they thought were impossible.

The hardest part was when we couldn't get the patient their medicine on time and we didn't have access to their insurance to request things like interim fills and vacation overrides.
Pros
Distance to my home.
Cons
Short turnaround from Friday night at midnight and nine a.m. arrival on Saturday
Bad culture with no value for others
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2016
Management out of touch with staff
Fired staff for doing the right thing
Promotions went to the pets not who was most qualified or experienced
Pay well below average and management admitted this
Discouraged independent thinking
Leaders did not Lead but followed talking points to keep their jobs
Pros
Cons
pay, culture, management, hours, benefits, No diversity in management
mental management
Sr. Infrastructure Server Engineer (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJNovember 17, 2016
These guys are completely clueless about their own company. they can not possibly manage all their employees and the projects effectively..

they don't care about nothing but the numbers at any expense.

some mangers come off as tyrants and dictators... Fckthem.

I made them fire me on purpose... haha and had a great summer.

I'd rather work else where. bye bye
Pros
decent pay, work from home
Cons
management sucks
flexible work enviroment
Senior Operation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJAugust 11, 2016
great company allows work from home, very flexible home and work life. worked with a great team including management. The company gave me tools to grow.
I enjoyed the industry and liked the people I worked with.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 19, 2016
However, ESI needs to improve their planning, compensate their employees appropriately and provide better job work/life balance. I would not recommend this employer at this time. However, there is a new CEO and he is making some improvements, so I hope the environment will improve in the future.
Pros
Cafe on campus.
Productive environment with well management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 9, 2017
My typical day of work consist of coming into work and gathering for a team meeting. This is where management would discuss about what's going on within the company along with our daily tasks each individual would be accomplishing. Employees are very genuine to work with and bring a great trades to the table.
Career Company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2016
Good company with great benefits. You earn vacation hours which you can use for sick time. You can build your career with this company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
inconsistent management
Management underqualified, Co does not care about employees
Staff Employee (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2016
This place is like a revolving door for employees (the good ones especially) leaving; Managers and Superviors play favorites, creating an environment where the favorites are lazy because they know they can get away with it; managers and Supervisors fail to do their jobs or lead by example; Rules are bent for some people but strictly enforced for others; Lots of game playing every day. It's a shame really because there are some intelligent and hard-working employees, but they get overlooked and subject to unbelievable mind games to cover up the incompetencies of the management staff. Managers and Supervisors walk around in a robotic state looking at their feet instead of greeting each employee-- do they put something in the water supply to subdue everyone?
Pros
Pay (the only reason people stay)
Cons
Poor Management, Co cares more about profits than employees
Poor management and unpleasent work culture
Mgr, Generic Strategies and Planning (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMay 5, 2016
PTO is not flexible.
benefits have worse over time.
work culture is unpleasant.
disconnect between management and staff.
co-workers are very friendly.
constant re-organizations among departments.
call center
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2016
typical would be to recv calls all day for 8 hours helping member with question and benefits, I learned that patience its much needed to deal with members and their issues, don't take anything personal, coworkers are courteous and polite, hardest part would be sitting most of the day, and dealing with rude customers, most enjoyable aspect would be that it has windows all around the building to look
Call Center
Lead Claims Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 10, 2017
Great Benefits, can be successful, Managers are great. Nice Café and schedule is very flexible. Diverse, location is convenient. has resources available to those who need help with payment for medication.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Attendance on a point system
Alot to learn and not alot of help
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 3, 2016
A good starting place to learn your job but if you want to advance this isnt the place. The management can be harsh but caring. The hardest part of the job is that when you need help there wasnt someone to help.
Pros
Able to listen to music when working
Cons
not enough training or help when needed
Fast Pace Work Place
Patient Care Advocate, Virtual Work at Home (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. Time went by fast. I learned how to work in a fast busy call center. Management is very supportive. I worked from home but my co-workers was very supportive as well, we all supported each other. The hardest part of the job was to get use to the high call volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is the way our team members support each other, and how the managers pushed us to achieve great statistics.
Management is the downfall of this company
Patient/Client Response Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2016
The opportunity for advancement out of this department all depends if you know the right people, not on your skills and experience. Compensation is decent and you can make lifelong friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9