Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Work
Correspondence/Data Entry/Medical (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 2, 2017
Worked until work ran out. Some day were busy others not so busy. I hoped that there were better opportunities there but it wasn't. I have been there for years.
Getting better, but not for me anymore
Sr Technology Engineer (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 2, 2017
not recognizing my value and allowing my next phase of growth to happen. i feel i am too embedded in my current area to move to horizontally to other teams and grow vertically there.
Pros
competitive, high paced, challenging
Cons
too much process, not coherent enough, some incompetence
Great company
Sr. Intervention tech (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 2, 2017
When you speak, they listen and act. It took a bit , but eventually things got better and they are awesome. My manager is awsome. I just wish we can meet the ceo one day.
Pros
Flex program
Very fast paced
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 2, 2017
This was a temporary position. I wasn't there long enough to fully learn all that I would like to have learned. I felt I needed additional time there to understand all the ins and outs of their system.
Have to be fast, super fast
Pharmacy Tech/Data Entry Tech (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 2, 2017
Data entry all day every day. Process prescriptions, have to type fast if not you would have to meet with supervisor who will tell you to be faster with no mistakes
Offers Flex time to help balance work, life.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 1, 2017
Excellent company. Flex time is available only to those who can reach quality goals or are supervisor pets. You are coached on the same mistake multiple times, by different people.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Too many restrictions on who can use Flextime
Not bad depending on your supervisor
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 30, 2017
Each supervisor had different standards for the team so if you get with the right supervisor you will succeed. Good pay, nice co-workers, easy to get time off approved with little advanced notice.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No advancement opportunities
The hardest part of the job
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2017
No really hard but stressful. You helped out other locations that needed it. But didn't get paid every time you learned something new. Plus the mistakes you had to fix from the other sites were very big at times which took time and sometimes you worked pasted your break and there were no corrections made to your adherence. Plus if there account was messed up and something else was still wrong with it. you were to blame. Like i can say one, was when i scheduled a Rx to the policy before the scheduled time to stop scheduling Rx. due to the Pharm tech not being to get to it in time i received a missed commitment and that messed up my bonus. I didnt like that also about the job. Also, going to school full time working there was not an option and you couldn't drop down to part time so its either no school or having to find another job, and that's what I did.
Pros
Lunch, bonus, being able to call off
Cons
unfair compensation to new learning, stressful, school, job family balance
Watch your back
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 29, 2017
The only person that was on my side was my floor management. Everyone else is out to get you: Co-workers have to push you down to get ahead, Pharmacists are NOT allowed to help you and have to report you or they get in trouble with you, Upper management only sees you as a number making them money. You can only advance if you ruin the people around you or hope you become a favorite.
Pros
Little things to try to keep you around
Cons
Pretty much everything
Risky place to work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2017
while i was there 11 years, very few supervisors would have your back. One even stabbed me in the back and played people agent each other, however his was eventually removed from the company,he left behind damage.

The Executives do not acknowledge you unless you are an executive, example CEO, he would walk right past you and never so much as a "hi", disturbing!
workplace
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 28, 2017
my review of express scripts. Express scripts was very overwhelming but i loved the people there. call volume was always very high but mangment did work with me on my flexablitiy
Pros
work shift
Cons
flexability
they expect more and more
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2017
they expect more and more out of you everyday but this company pays less than even a bank teller makes. Before Express Scripts bought Accredo the wages were fair. But now they are below average.
nice to work at home
Physicians Service Center work at home (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 27, 2017
very to nice to have opportunity to work from home.
decent pay, currently have six weeks of vacation after 7 years.
not sure if they are still hiring work at home representitives or not though
Good starting Pharmacy Tech job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 26, 2017
Express Scripts is a good starting Pharmacy Job. Good job to evaluate whether or not you want to be a Pharmacy Tech. Consistent management and administrative practices. Due to the process for system sign on, it was common practice for late techs to just clock in on someone else's machine so they were not deemed late while their own machine booted up. Management often appeared to have nothing to do since they walked around and talked a lot. Support documents were not kept current which caused a large problem for techs who were blamed for incorrectly entered scripts when the problem was really the fault of the management and support staff.
Pros
Fair break and lunch practices
Cons
Security concerns
I loved my job
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 26, 2017
I loved my job and would still be there if I had better internet, I was always something different every day, and you could never expect the unexpected
Very Hard Job
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2017
you had to only read the script and worked the hours they provided you. The pay was ok but it was hard helping customers over the phone. I have learned about benefits and how important it its to take good care of yourself.
Company has a communication problems
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 25, 2017
I learned that mail order pharmacy can be boring if you are not allowed variety and opportunity to work other positions. I always worked the assembly line filling the same drugs for weeks at a time. The management never spoke to you unless you did something wrong. They did offer retraining, but didn't use official trainers. The work atmosphere was respectful, but depended on who was in charge for the shift you worked. Communications were never set and things would change, but no one would let you know until you made the mistake. A lot of information was relayed like "need to know". I enjoyed the hours I worked and the fact that we could listen to radio or music with our personal devices.
Could have been great.
Members Choice Center Advocate (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOSeptember 25, 2017
I loved working at Express Scripts, and had looked forward to transitioning between a temp worker and a full-time employee. Instead they fired all of us temps and brought in a whole new class of people to train. I never got that at all.
Pros
close by, good hours
Cons
only a temp job
Best Job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2017
i love how you can get your Pharmacy Tech license with the company, learning how to store clients medical records, the importance of the medicine filled
This was a temp job
High Volume Filler (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 23, 2017
I have no accurate review for this company as it was a temp job. I was moved around to a couple different areas, and was not able to get a good idea of average work life in any area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9