Express Scripts
1,036 reviews

Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Some great people and opportunities but UGLY culture
Coordinator (Former Employee), St. LouisMay 7, 2015
Company is doing well, so there are opportunities for growth and development. They offer a nice tuition reimbursement benefit and yearly bonus.

The culture is hideous - very cut-throat. The company boasts that one of their core beliefs is the importance of collaboration, but employees are pitted against one another for annual calibration.
Wharehouse Support (Former Employee), Las VegasMay 6, 2015
Pros: Awesome co-workers
Cons: bad upper MGMT
We were Medco Health Solutions at first, then Express scripts came in and bought out Medco. After that Everything went down hill.
Good job.
Inbound calls - Customer service (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good pay, great benefits, catered lunches Mon-Thurs (not free)
Cons: Management doesn't talk to each other.
Express Scripts was a great job. It has awesome benefits, and good pay. There is room for improvement in management. It is a call center. The training is very boring. The transition from training to ojt and ojt to production is good.
Fast paced work environment
Accredo Speciality Pharmacy (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: Contests and Raffle drawings
Cons: Long hours of mandatory overtime
A work day at Accredo is fast paced. We had to make sure our members recieved their meds in a timely manner. I learned how to effectivley communicate with physicians offices, insurance companies, and different pharmacies to obtain proper insurance information. That was the hardest part of the job because it takes persistence to keep up with what you're doing. I enjoyed making patients happy when I was able to successfully get their specialty drugs filled
Resolving Mail Order and Local pharmacy medication issues
Resolution Team Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FlMay 5, 2015
Rewarding position. Daily contact with members and representatives. Ability to deal tactfully with both while resolving any issues regarding medication orders.
Stressful job with good pay
SR Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2015
Pros: end of year party, good benefits and safe workplace
Cons: customer satisfaction was not a priority to the company
the typical work day revolved around taking escalated calls from members and resolving their complaint/issues. The company always kept me up to date on any plan changes so that I could do my job correctly. I really enjoyed having a professional relationship with all of the supervisors and management in the call center. They always supported the "open door" policy so that I could come to them at any time with any concern that I had. The hardest part of the job would have to be getting the caller to understand that I was there to assist as best as possible within their plans guidelines and the most enjoyable or rewarding part of the job was hearing a caller say how much they appreciated my assistance and hearing that appreciation in their voice. I have learned how to run a training class, how to address various individuals from all sorts of demographical regions and was shown how and encouraged to think outside the box to resolve issues
LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Customer Services survey interviewer (Former Employee), Springfield, OHMay 4, 2015
ALOT OF SLOW DAYS, WORK VOLUME WAS LOW. LEARNED ALOT ABOUT MEDS. LIKED WORKING THE DAY SHIFT. ON GOING CHANGE IN DEPARTMENTS.
Fun place to work
Manager, Contact Center (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2015
The staff was very caring and helpful. They became a second family and we were all mothers to each others' children. Always a reason to celebrate.
great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2015
Great place to work, good pay and great benefits. Some co workers got a little to comfortable and atmosphere can sometimes be similar to high school but other than that its great!
Office work
Patient Care Advocate, PCA (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 28, 2015
The job was like a small family and cool to be around. The work was easy most days and the hour were nice as well. The own was the nice person in the world.
Pharmacy
ACCOUNTS RECEIVEABLE (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: Flexability with schedules
Cons: Over-staffed
Fast paced and extremely busy in the pharmacy always need to be willing to adapt to change. The Supervisors are very nice, friendly and knowledgable.
Training insufficient for actual position
PCA (Former Employee), floridaApril 27, 2015
Pros: excellent co workers
Cons: low wages for any position
Training for PCA was computer based and in depth for computer work but nothing on real calls that are 90% nasty members that berate, swear, and belittle you to the point of making you question the work you do. Pay is extremely inadequate for the position. Explanation for this is "the cost of living is lower here". You need another full time job to be sufficient enough to pay living costs, but you can't because of schedule from this job. Raises are 10 cent. You will never get the "Bonuses" they dangle over your head, supervisor controls the scoring. Coworkers and management are extremely helpful and are quick to come to assistance. Scheduling not what I signed on to, they ask you what days you can work and then schedule you for the time you can't work with no way to adjust. High turnover, this isn't a position for the tender hearted unless you have a large stomachs to swallow all the negativity from customers. At the end of the shift, you deal with your own brain death. Great job if you have the power to handle irate people 8-10 hours daily and have no bills to pay.
Express Scripts
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Byfield, MAApril 27, 2015
Working at Express Scripts was completely random and was a very good oportunity for me. There are plenty of chances for over time and a well rounded group of individuals. The hardest part of your day is staying in one spot for around 8 hours at a time. Your daily routine includes inbound calls to set up orders for fertility medications called in my doctors. Taking down insurance information and setting up deliveries to patients around the United States.
Nice place to work.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 27, 2015
I work there almost 13 years, but company laid off and close the tampa location in Florida.For the past 13 years, I had the privilege of being a part of Express Scripts/ Medco Health Solutions as a Staff Pharmacist. My ability to work well with a variety of coworkers and adapt quickly to change allowed me to be successful in such a dynamic position. Company laid off and close the tampa location in Florida.
Great Experience
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJApril 23, 2015
Good company to work with. I enjoyed working there. Very friendly and co operative environment. They pay well. I highly recommend this Company.
Fast paced environment. Lots of hourly and daily goals. Friendly atmosphere.
Receiving Lead (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2015
Good place to work at. You work with little to no supervision. You know your daily goals as well as your job function and you hit them every day.
Was a great place to work.
Certified Pharmacy Tech - Full Time (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no warning of site shut down
Enjoyed working with the people there. It was great while it lasted. Company site shut down immediately without notice or any warning.
Offers fair opportunities to all race and age groups
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Dublin, OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: Offer work at home posititions
Cons: Need improvement on communication between management and lower level employees.
Offer a fair benefit and financial opportunity. Great team of employees who genuinely care about the people they are assisting. There are several job level opportunities to advance or learn more in your existing job title.
perfect place...for a robot
Order Completion Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TexasApril 22, 2015
Pros: set schedule
Cons: random changes, ridiculously high expectations, laying hald the enterprise off
Unattainable expectations
Constant changes
Literally expected perfection from humans
the benefits were fine until they shut us down with no warning.
Patient Care Advocate on a work at home position
Customer Service/Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, Nevada Call CenterApril 22, 2015
Pros: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K benefits
Cons: Salary has been reduced from $18.96 an hour to $16.00 an hour
I have been working from home initially being employed by Medco Health Solutions for 8 years which has now merged with Express Scripts Inc. of Missouri. Express Scripts has laid off employees with having the site location shut down and deploying about 88 patient care advocates currently to work virtually from home.

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.

Express Scripts Salaries