Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 1,793 reviews matching the search
Do not do it
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2016
Awful place to work for. Since Esi has a lawsuit against them management will do anything to get you out of the door. The floor supervisors are never around to help but they want you to know everything about the systems and most of the time they know nothing. The only good thing is the pay. Upper management is sleeping with employees, police has visited the Memphis site plenty of times. HR is completely unprofessional. This company needs a union asap
Productive yet easy and relaxed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of sitting in a cubicle taking calls for the entire scheduled shift. Learned about insurance policies and drug coverage. It was very easy multitasking work requiring little to no physical activity.
Pros
Contests, and rewards for positive reviews.
Cons
Working here was just ok.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55439June 23, 2016
It's a job, there is no pride in it. You are a robot, you go in do your job and go home. If you look past all the bickering the company does about you will be just fine. You could work there for several years and be on time with no days missed and they will still find something to say to "make you a better employee."
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
They play too many phone games, to try to catch you up.
Very productive work environment
Lead Patient Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, MOSeptember 21, 2016
Work hours are M-F 8-4:30pm
I enjoy working with my co-workers
fast paced, multi-tasking work environment
high turnover rate
no room for advancement
Pros
lovely people, great hours, good enviroment
Cons
no room for advancement
Great Coworkers and Advancement Opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2016
A great work environment, very competitive and fast paced. Employees are very focused on integration, diversity and charity.
The company sponsors many opportunities to advance internally and also is active in the community.
I had alot of friends. I had nice supervisors.
Pharmacy Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 31, 2016
I worked a 4 -10 hour shift from 10:30am to 9:00pm. I had my weekends off. I had good health, dental, vision, life insurance as well. I learned a lot in the 10 years. I was able to over-come any challenges. Whether it be for sales quotas, contests. I had an open-door relationship with all management. I was liked by everyone. My personality was passive-aggressive. I am funny. I like making people laugh. There was really no hard part of my job. I did whatever it takes to learn, and follow my instincts to handle calls from clients. I turned a lot of aggression to pleasant and took control of all situations.
Pros
We did have some recognition lunches.
Cons
Loss of salary and commission
I enjoyed the industry and liked the people I worked with.
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 19, 2016
However, ESI needs to improve their planning, compensate their employees appropriately and provide better job work/life balance. I would not recommend this employer at this time. However, there is a new CEO and he is making some improvements, so I hope the environment will improve in the future.
Pros
Cafe on campus.
Training ground
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
I answered calls from patients calling to refill their mail order. I was quickly shifted to Accredo specialty medication refills and outbound calls.
I learned about how prescription mail order works and also about specialty medication coverage and copay assistance. I did outbound calls to remind and assist people with their refills.
Management was in transition when I arrived and that was the hardest part of the job. My co-workers were a big help with little system glitches that they assisted with working around.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and being able to assist people with things they thought were impossible.

The hardest part was when we couldn't get the patient their medicine on time and we didn't have access to their insurance to request things like interim fills and vacation overrides.
Pros
Distance to my home.
Cons
Short turnaround from Friday night at midnight and nine a.m. arrival on Saturday
Senior Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJuly 21, 2016
Provided great on the job training, competetive salary. Great envrionment for keeping busy, always something to do which suits my style of work. Friendly staff and knowledgable managers. Allow time for personal needs as long as the work gets done.
Pros
Not chained to a desk.
Cons
Dealing with all the red tape.
Great place too work.
Authorization Representative, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 1, 2016
Great Place too work. I came in as a temp and was hired within 8 months I learned a lot from this company. Great Management co-workers nothing hard about this job great training.
Pros
Great Training
Typical Call Center.
Patient Care Advocate (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PA 19044June 14, 2016
Its the typical call center , but you meet all kinds of people that you connect with and the callers are that pleasant variety that comes in that makes you laugh or makes you have to really smile and bite your tongue.
Security as long as you are on time and do your job, you will be good.
Pros
benefits, security
Cons
time matters, don't be a second late
Great for a few
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJune 7, 2016
Management at night is very poor with answering questions, not a lot of flexibility during open enrollment, worked here for almost 2 yrs and they multi train you on everything they can and don't want to pay you extra for it
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Poor management at night, customers can say whatever and you can say nothing, mentally exhausting, many people on med leave due to stress
Truly Helping people
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 15, 2016
Call center environment is neat, clean and well equipped.

Managers care about the staff, not just the numbers. Managers involved in CSRs learning new skills.
Pros
Great physical environment, great management
Cons
Daily security check in
Worst Place I've ever worked!
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GASeptember 30, 2016
Poor Management, Not a great place to work if you want to advance or have a job with longevity. Attrition very high. Too many shift changes. Predictably Undpredictable
Cons
yucky hours, unyielding, open 24 hours, poor management
The company good but theirs no communication between supervisors and manger.
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2016
Well i love talking to patients, and learning new ways to solve a problem. The job is good but their no communication with supervisors, mangers, and team leaders (TL). There been more than one time they mess up on employees check and time.
Management underqualified, Co does not care about employees
Staff Employee (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2016
This place is like a revolving door for employees (the good ones especially) leaving; Managers and Superviors play favorites, creating an environment where the favorites are lazy because they know they can get away with it; managers and Supervisors fail to do their jobs or lead by example; Rules are bent for some people but strictly enforced for others; Lots of game playing every day. It's a shame really because there are some intelligent and hard-working employees, but they get overlooked and subject to unbelievable mind games to cover up the incompetencies of the management staff. Managers and Supervisors walk around in a robotic state looking at their feet instead of greeting each employee-- do they put something in the water supply to subdue everyone?
Pros
Pay (the only reason people stay)
Cons
Poor Management, Co cares more about profits than employees
Horrible
Patient Service Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2016
This is the worst company I've worked for in my five years of employment. Management isn't fair or professional about things at all in the work place or the employees. Also puts individuals livelihood on the line, I would not consider working here.
Pros
Sitting
Cons
Staring at a screen for 8 hours with no work, your opinion doesn't matter, double standards, favoritism
A job for adults
Client Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2016
It's not fun but well worth every second there. The career experience is great and so is the pay/benefits. Tons of PTO. Zero advancement opportunities in my particular department. Had to leave after 4 years.
Pros
Starbucks anyone?
Cons
Dead end job
Challenging work environment with great people
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJNovember 10, 2016
I managed the IT services group of 6 technicians supporting over 1000 users. As the original startup manager my responsibilities also included assembling the initial team to support the site.
Prior Rep
Prior Authorization Representative (CRD) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2016
Files bankruptcy too many times, has extremely high turn over for the entire company not just certain departments. Will not recommend this company, would make this your last resort.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
A lot of layoffs