Express Scripts

1.2K reviews

Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 1,224 reviews matching the search
Friendly Environment to work in
Customer Service Resolution Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2015
Express Scripts taught me about corporate america, I obtained many skills while employed, great experience that i really appreciate.
NA
PCA (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 3, 2015
to place orders for the members and make sure the meds are sent to the proper address and staff was great management was awesome
Pros
na
Cons
na
A mail order pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician- Phone Refill Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 2, 2015
When I first became employed by Express Scripts, I worked in the actual Pharmacy. I would fill prescriptions from patients across the country. I really enjoyed that. Then the company brought in a machine that would fill most of the medications so they allowed the technicians to interview for other departments within the company. I interviewed for three different jobs and was offered each one. I decided to take a job in the Phone Refill Department where we would take incoming calls from patients who wanted to refill their medication. If problems occurred, there were times we would have to either forward to a Pharmacist or have someone call the patients' insurance company.
Pros
I enjoyed working in a Pharmacy.
Cons
I wish they would have kept the factory open.
caring executives
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
Upper management worked well with employees. Adherence and good work ethic was a must with company. Co-workers and other team members helpful and works well together.
Pros
gym
Cons
short lunches
Busy workplace with little downtime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 31, 2015
All about numbers with this company. Learned how to navigate different programs to document and blog phone conversation while talking to clients.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits, willing to work with employees during life situations
Cons
not a lot of opportunity for advancement, all about numbers
fast pasted ,never a dull moment
senior Intervention Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 29, 2015
meeting new people , learning about new places and countries, learning how to operate different equipment , being challenged daily , ,learning new thing , sharing ideas
Pros
free work out
Cons
working in outdoor envirments
nice work place to be
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAOctober 29, 2015
great place work, great benefits. great team work. i enjoy working with others the people here are friendly. we have great team leads that will try their best to do what they can for you, but it can only go so far. there's alot of opportunities but not so much recognized.
Pros
great team work
Cons
not enough pay for what we have to do. shift bids.
I guess the experience is what you make of it
Personal Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 25, 2015
Haven't been working here too long. Observing the company culture, I've noticed:

There is room for advancement and pay incentives; you just have to leave yourself at the door in the morning and come in to do just work. Like a robot. Time is very important to this company: expect to sit at your desk and do your job. If they say don't do something, don't do it.

It's medicare d at our location (because it's Florida...haha irony), so the majority of calls are going to be either sweet older people or entitled older people. Manners/patience is key.

The systems are slow and regardless of what anyone not on the phones says, it does mess with your wrap time (and directly, your bonus) as well as slowing down calls...which means we could take more calls or resolve issues with members faster only if systems were updated. I guess we just have to learn to deal...

Coworkers are very helpful. It's a helpful environment which I like because it shows they care about both their customers and their peers. It's never foolproof, but they hire the right personalities for the job.

You're eased into the job from training which I like. They don't just throw you out there to sink or swim. And as far as I've been there they have a lot of employee appreciation events and gifts. I just wish there was less junk food involved. A progressive company doesn't need to be giving us the gift of obesity...
Pros
weekly pay, higher pay for this area, easy work, different shifts, coworkers, benefits
Cons
have to be a robot, all about stats, help members but don't really "help" them, mgmt only cares about you being on time, cliquish
Great people, Work life balance does not exist.
Senior Account Manager National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOOctober 25, 2015
Great people, Work life balance does not exist. Too lean of staff, tons of work. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills and advancment.
Cool place, cool people.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2015
Express Scripts, overall is a GREAT company to work for. You just have to do what you are supposed to do. there's not much more I can say.
Excellent company
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2015
Loved my experience at Express Scripts. I would recommend it to any professional. Great people, great management, great benefits.
Pros
Excellent at all they do.
No Comment
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 20, 2015
No comment at this time. Position was eliminated due to corporate restructuring. Still pursuing a career opportunity.
Pros
Colleagues
A leader in the Prescription Benefit Industry
marketing programs, special projects (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2015
Healthcare is a challenging marketplace that continually requires the focus to be on the future while managing the day to day needs of customers and clients.
express
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 17, 2015
great place not too bad very friendly
The environment is really great and quite your more to yourself than with anybody but the customers you talk with.
Pros
free lunch good pay
Cons
hard situations
team player,production,enter order with accuracy,excellent traing
Data Entry Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2015
busy,nice coworkers,production no errors,ok company,vac bonous sicktime,excellent benefits,close to home,stock,401k,sick time,nice parking garage,managment friendly
Poor management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mason, OhioOctober 16, 2015
The job itself is not a hard job, but the management is terrible. They do not treat their employees with respect, but expect way too much out of them.
Pros
Sit down job
Very Stressful Place to work
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2015
Answering calls and filling patient orders for their medication. Offered assistance in other departments as needed. Most of enjoyable part of the job was working from home.
Very nice co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  St LouisOctober 16, 2015
work load is great for helping patient, speaking with Dr office all day was a plus to learn about the work load of others and the friendly voice on the other side of the call and to see that we all have a goal and that is making the patient happy
Dificult place to work due to constant changes
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaOctober 12, 2015
I learned to work as a team and to put my individual contribution when needed, also to be open to new opportunities for learning and servicing the patient
As part of the take over of Medco Health Solutions by
Express Scripts it was decided that we were to be eliminated and after the decision was announced the goal was to absorb as much knowledge of the experienced employee by using us for training new hires across the country
Pros
good pay
Cons
Job insecurity
Enjoyed working here excellent working condistions
Pharmacist Supervisor Production (Former Employee) –  Bensalem PaOctober 12, 2015
I was very happy with the position and my immediate supervisory staff. The staff that reported to me made me feel very comfortable.
My hours of operation were perfect for me.
Pros
Excellent staff and working conditions
Cons
Travel time from home to work became overwelming.