Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 2,311 reviews matching the search
n/a
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2017
I love the job it was great learning experience. I was sad when the company closed, I lived right down the street. Management was structured. I enjoyed my job I had employees that were there and believed in teamwork.
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 27, 2017
Enjoyed this position. Was a very nice relaxed work environment. Very good management. Would recommend working there. Have the opportunity to telecommute.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Great Place to Work
Staff Mail Order Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAAugust 26, 2017
It was a great company, I liked my job and learned a lot. A business decision was made to reduce the work force so they closed the site. I would have stayed if I could.
Sheria Gipson
Prescription Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed the environment and the people were very pleasant to work with. Very flexible management! Very understanding to lifes situations on a case to case basics
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  8931 Springdale Ave, St Louis Mo 63134August 25, 2017
Express Scripts was a good place to work
I was there as a temporary employee thru Aerotek for Customer Service Rep for Astra Drug Program. The Assignment started in March and went thru to June. The Next assignment was Prior Authorization Clerk Position that went until August 2013.
Pros
They were high tech and they have a pharmacy onsite
Cons
Sometimes the leads would not be as helpful as you needed
Great place to work. Unfortunate that site has to close
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 24, 2017
I really liked working here. Other than that company cannot ensure that our jobs are secure and constant threats of site closure in the last few years, the employees and local management had been great to work with.
Pros
paid breaks, benefits
Cons
site closure
Ok
Sr. Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 24, 2017
It was an ok place to work. Pretty demanding at times. I have been in two different departments so I've seen two different cultures as well. I don't have really too much to say about anything else.
Great Company to work for
Pharmacy Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INAugust 23, 2017
This is a great company. I would recommend them to anyone qualified for the jobs available. Decent pay, not a very demanding environment, pretty laid back and they treat all their employees equally.
Pros
Nice place to work, They actually care about their employees, benefits are good.
Managed their continuous improvement program
Sr. Pharmacy Manager Operation & CI (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63134August 23, 2017
Express Scripts grew very quickly acquiring other facilities, but they all used different operating platform that did not communicate effectively. I was brought inon a contractual basis because they had a very limited number of people that understood the Lean principles.My job was to integrated their systems so they could be linked together and improve overall efficiency. I also managed the Fileroom where errors an prescriptions were made and we had to correct them
Pros
Helping others learn about the Lean processes
Cons
Too much travel and a contractual position
great place to work
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INAugust 22, 2017
Pretty easy job and great pay. The upper management is a little questionable with their work ethic. But all in all a good company to work for. Benefits are great, the hardest part of the job well there really isn't any.
Pros
good pay easy work
Cons
your mandated some weekends but the OT is great
Waste of time
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17111August 22, 2017
I was layed off 1 day before I became a part of the Union. At the time they were merging with another company and didn't have enough work. So I wasn't completely surprised by lay off but to do it 1 day before i join the union and after only being there for 3 months it hurt.
very productive
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2017
very fast paced, self oriented, hardworking, time management, lots of class back to back and lots of stressful situation. have to know the difference between sympathy and empathy.
benefits
Cons
not a lot of ways to advance
Pharmacy Production Clerk
Pharmacy Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 21, 2017
Packaged prescriptions. Made sure all information printed on the labels matched the prescriptions being shipped out. Used pallet jack on a daily basis to delivery the prescriptions to the loading docks.
Pros
Benefits and the hours
N/a
Pharmacy Technician Cell Owner (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284August 21, 2017
I don't have anything really to say about the company, the people I worked with were kind and supervision was ok. The management was not very engaging and rather off put, morale was low most of the time but there were a few people including myself that tried to keep spirits high and make the work environment fun and safe
Great Place to work for once your contract is over.
Benefit Coverage Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 21, 2017
I actually really enjoyed working for this company minus a few things. Co-workers, unlimited amount of overtime, Weekly pay checks, Cafeteria provided, breaks and lunches. I was promoted very quickly with in 3 months! After an year my whole department were told on a Friday that we were all demoted. Due to Headquarters wanting to take over. We were offered our previous position without the pay increases that was promised. The previous supervisor knew we were being demoted and department moving and he quickly applied to a different department and never gave us the heads up.
Pros
Unlimited amount of overtime, weekly pay checks, co-workers
Cons
Job Security/Management/
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 21, 2017
IT has been many years since I worked there. Learned alot about prescription medication and how they are covered. I really dont have a bad thing to say left due to pregnancy.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Good Pay at the time
repetitive
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAAugust 20, 2017
Hardest part of job is dealing with upset people, but rewarding if you can get issue resolved. In my experience, if the issue couldn't resolved immediately, but you stayed calm and courteous, explained the issue clearly and took steps to start the process, most times the customer will apologize and thank you for listening and helping.

Management is amazing, but sometimes, when resolving another sites issue, they forget Prior Authorizations Representatives are not machines. They do try to remember afterwards and thank us for the hard work and express their appreciation.

The workplace culture is to be all in for the patient, and they really do try to do everything they possibly can to resolve issues.

Honestly, the most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
can be very repetitive
great
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 19, 2017
one of the best work from home jobs. able to work flexible hours that benefits the home life. the benefits are also great compared to most work from home companies
Fast paced, competitive environment
Vice President of Health Plan Sales (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 18, 2017
ESI is the largest independent PBM. Strong presence in government, commercial and health plan market segments. A clinical and informatics market-maker.

The CEO is truly an inspiring individual, honest, hard-working and down-to-earth. Lots of longevity in the talent pool...many have been there over 15 years.
Not hard work, managent poor communication,
Pharmacy Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INAugust 18, 2017
Work not bad, don't ever get sick or injured, they will try to push you out. Lots of backstabbing, can't trust management. Most co-workers are fine. Not very regulated, little PPE for a pharmaceutical packaging place. High turnover. No HR dept on premises. You can only contact by phone. Good position until you find another. Lots of favoritism, some employees get away with anything. Lots of walking to get to work station.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, 120 hours vacation standard benefit package
Cons
poor management and communication, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9