Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 2,230 reviews matching the search
Great Benefits and Learning Experience
Department of Defense Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2017
Express Scripts taught me a lot about the health insurance industry and the importance of understanding it. They have exceptional benefits and discount oppurtunities that i highly recommend taking advantage of.
Overall
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2017
The company spends a lot time in training but most of which is not daily culture. Compensation is low for the amount of work and hours are late evening.The shift bids are ran in a unfair manor and expectations can often be high for some and not for others.
Pros
Have team building periodically
Cons
late hours shifts
Worst job ever
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAJuly 3, 2017
First off, ESI is one of the few places I have seen that don't give a rats behind about their employees. The managers and supervisors make you feel like they understand and care about what's going on with certain things, just to turn around and fire you. I got fired on my 6th month not even an hour into my shift. The pay was great, but because of this job I started having chronic migraine attacks, and still have them to this day.
Pros
Great lunch options every day
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Productive and fun plce to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Byfield, MAJuly 2, 2017
Management is very compationate when you are having personal issues. I had many issues with my daughter this year and management worked with me when I needed to be out.
Pros
Good training
Cons
No cons that i can think of
A good place to work that is less stress than retail pharmacy
Pharmacist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2017
Express Scripts back end pharmacy is a good place to work. It gives opportunities for quick advancement. Pay is not as competitive as one may like, but there is opportunity for raises and annual bonus. 401 K is great.
Pros
Many pharmacist to work with. Low stress environment
Cons
Non flexible schedule
Production
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJuly 2, 2017
Unrealistic goals. Hours were decent. The job did not foster learning and creativity. Policies changed constantly. Workload was added and productivity rate increased.
n/a
Patient Access Representative III (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2017
i learned about specialty pharmacy and management, billing, customers are amazing. administration must be more efficient.. hardest part work environmental
Pros
pto
Cons
computer system
Looking for a company with an 82% - 85% turnover rate? You found it!
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAJune 30, 2017
82% - 85% of everyone who completes the training with this company quits, gets fired, or gets laid off within a year of making it "to the floor." People with 10-15 years here get constantly beat out for management positions by people who have made friends with whomever is conducting the interviews for that position. If you don't mind all of that, they pay okay and the benefits are sort of acceptable. Also, you can pick your schedule and keep it, for the most part.
Pros
Scheduling is flexible, work at home is available, and benefits are acceptable
Cons
no discipline or reason in management, favoritism shown extremely blatantly when selecting management positions, no HR dept...only a phone #, as all hr personnel and most trainers were laid off
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 29, 2017
It was enjoyable working at Express Scripts for the 10 years I worked there , a lot of different background of different people, the job I enjoyed as we as well.
A great place to work
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2017
Always had an open door policy. Worked with great people. Provided refreshments when business was busy; bonuses monthly; approved Holiday parties each year.
Pros
Compensated for work performed; great coworkers, managers
Cons
Job not stable; lowered pay, moved out of state
DATA TECHNICIAN/PRIOR AUTHORIZATION REP (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 28, 2017
This is probably one of the best places to work in Cincinnati. I wish I would have never left. The company really cares about their employees. There are always events going on and it easy to get involved at work.
Pros
Cookouts, job training, pto, work/life balance
Cons
pay
This was a good place to lean about the healthcare feild
Vendor Returns Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2017
After working there 16 years I have enjoyed a variety of jobs/duties. I always enjoyed the work atmosphere in this company. The most enjoyable part of this company was actually the wide variety of jobs I was able to work at. The management always seemed to always look ahead at the future of the company and how the employee can benefit him or herself there.
Pros
free coffee or tea is a plus
Cons
we now must supply our own coffee cups
Enjoyed the team I worked with.
patient care advocate (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 27, 2017
Very structured and commented to customer service. Always finding better ways to improve on customer service. Great health benefits and retirement plan.
good work schedule and good benefit package
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJune 27, 2017
Local management on site was very good but Senior Management at Corporate level created unreasonable productivity targets. Enjoyed interaction with co-workers and the on site culture was good.
Pros
nice co-workers, good benefits
Cons
punching clocks, high productivity numbers created stress
does not work with you
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLJune 27, 2017
been employed about 5 years , company shows favoritism and does not work with your schedule a very stressful work environment would not recommd unless your trying to find something better
Ok
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJune 26, 2017
Learned different software applications. Had to meet a certain quota when entering scripts. Assist patients with questions when they called. Workplace culture was mediocre.
Every man for themselves
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 26, 2017
ESI started out as a great company to work for and turn out bad when the pharmacies begin having shortage of medicine and patients wasn't getting important medicine and called to chew us out all shift. ESI is every man for themselves when something happens, no matter how good at your job you are.
Pros
Good benefits and weekly decent pay
Cons
poor management
Rate of work/hr vs error rate is incompatible
Medical Records Tech/Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJune 24, 2017
It can be a very stressful place to work. They want speed in working orders which the amount of orders they want worked in an hour is very difficult to acheive. They also want 0 errors despite the speed which makes this impossible to acheive and they will fire you for both. There is very little chance for advancement. They hire supervisors from outside instead of promoting within. They do not allow the supervisors to learn their areas, so when there is an issue, the supervisor is in the dark and rely on the employee to try to explain. There is also a lot of favoritism that goes on. I would not recommend them for a job
The benefits and your coworkers...that's about it.
Physician Relationship Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INJune 24, 2017
I absolutely loved the people I worked with and the benefits are very nice. However, that's really all that can be said about working for ESI. Management promotes based on who they like rather than how an individual performs. The bathrooms at the Whitestown location are disgusting...always. The pay is not competitive. It's a good place to start out in your career, but I can't see why anyone would stay for more than a few years.
Enjoyed the work helping people
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2017
Trainer very professional, everyone treated higher respectful, this company made sure you had all the equipment to start working and making sure everything was up and running good before they begin to put us on the phone with customers.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
lay-off unexpected

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9