Express Scripts

Express Scripts Employer Reviews

Fast Pace
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 3, 2014
Had to input 19 applications in one day. I learned about the HIPPA Laws and how what goes on at Express Scripts. The management did not treat staff well. The hardest part of the job was not being to part of a team and stay focus.
alot of work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJNovember 2, 2014
Place keeps you occupied and I have how to managed my time. Hardest part is to communicate with the management and enjoyable part is the work.
The Training was superior.
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: help is always available to me if i dont undertand how to educate a member
Cons: we have the worst automated system our members must navigate through to get to us.
Every day I go to work knowing that my company has set me up for success. They provide me ONGOING training and support to make sure our members get the best experience they can receive.
Customer service
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 30, 2014
Company needs to cater to the employees and there will be a greater commitment. Rate of pay for work expected is low and can be improve. Work with 15 minutes breaks and 30 minutes lunch. Many inconsistencies exists. Internal customer service needs improvement.
Negative Work Environment
Training Specialist (Current Employee), Will not discloseOctober 29, 2014
Pros: team lunches
A typical day consists of facilitating training classes or updating training materials. I will usually be asked to work on special projects or to conduct side by side evaluations with technicians.

The management team is lacking positive leadership skills. Everything is presented in a negative fashion, rather than focusing on the positives. There is no accountability for ones actions, instead the blame is placed elsewhere.

My co-workers for the most part, are amazing. There is the occasional troublemaker, but most people come here to do a job and they do it well.

The hardest part of the job is being able to overlook the flaws of the management team. There are days when I really have to grin and bear it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people. I love being able to be a positive influence in an environment that feeds off of negative energy.
Very productive work place
Patient Care Advocate (PCA) (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: receiving incentitives for your performance
Cons: n/a
love helping people out that have problems with there medication and or insurance coverage
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 28, 2014
Coming in a work to people who appreciate you and what you do for customers. Working in a timely manner to prepare customers medication and fill in a timley manner
MY JOB WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK HAD THEY NOT RELOCATED I WOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT
co-pay associate (Former Employee), Horsham, PAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: i enjoyed my mgr a the way he allowed us to be our selves
RESPONSIBLE FOR RESEARCHING DIFFERENT ISSUES DIRECTLY RELATED TO MEMBERS PROFILE OR ELIGIBILITY TO RELEASE ORDERS IN A TIMELY MANNER PROCESSED CUSTOMER SERVICE INQUIRIES FROM MEMBERS AS WELL AS INTERNAL AND EXTERNALCLIENTS UTILIZED SYSTEM PROVIDED TO HANDLE ISSUES AND RESOLVE CONCERNS OBTAINED VERBAL AUTHORIZATION FROM MEMBERS VIA PHONE TO RELEASE CURRENT ORDERS ASSISTED MEMBERS WITH ELIGIBILITY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS RELATING TO CO-PAY WHILE MAINTAINING PRODUCTIVITY STANDARDS AND PERFORMANCE GUARANTEES WHERE APPLICABLE
Unreasonale
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great, wonderful work at home program
Cons: favortism, constant negativity, management always wanting more sometimes unrealistic goals
This company is impossible to work for. For example when my Step Father passed away my manager gave me a hard time about going back to Illinois for funeral because it was open enrollment time. Keep in mind up until that point I only missed 1 day in five years excluding approved vacations No matter how much you do they want more even if you are meeting all requirements. I was told the Patient Care Position was not a sales job, they lied. The hardest part of the job is the constant negativity from both patients and management, it all leaves a person mentally exhausted. All my co-workers were great friendly and supportive, however there is a lot of favoritism with some Patient Care Advocates and some of the Supervisors. When call volume was low they have a thing called Voluntary Time Off (VTO) supposed to be first come first to get off when this was done by e-mail not in the computer system sometimes depending who was granting time off they would advise their friends and give to them before a e-mail was sent to everyone. The specialized accounts hardly ever got the opportunity for the VTO. They did have a great in depth training program for new hires before they changed it.
NICE PAY AND BENEFITS
Patient Care Advocate(call center environment) (Current Employee), Pueblo, COOctober 24, 2014
THIS IS A JOB THAT TAKES A LOT OF PATIENCE. THE PAY IS GOOD AND THE BENFITS ARE EXCELLENT.
mamagement can be better
Prior Authorization Advocate (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOOctober 23, 2014
Pros: fun days
Cons: favortism
can be stressful
my daily duties
co-workers are great
not enough assistance
flexible time to take care of personal matters
bad company to work for....great pay
Prior Authorization/grievance analyst (Current Employee), st.louis moOctober 23, 2014
doesnt care about employees or the quality of work they produce. quantity over quality.
Overworked Little Pay
Header Entry (Current Employee), Trevose PAOctober 23, 2014
Cons: demanding job for little compensation.
Run......do not apply. Little pay for high expectations. Management talks down to you. Quotas and company expectations are high, for very low pay. Must join a terrible union and take overpriced health insurance.
Good company
Prior Authorization Rep (Current Employee), MasonOctober 22, 2014
Overall Express Scripts is a good company to work for. The company has great bonuses for employees who do their job right.
Productive and Fun Work place
Senior Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee), Warrendale, PAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: cafe within the building
Cons: great job
Attention to detail
Insurance verification
Customer service
Great Job and Benefits

The commute to work is too far, and very costly to maintain and upkeep my vehicle
Does not care
Prescription Benefit Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2014
Their focus is on the bottom line and not the patient. repetative calls, no chance for advancement, cafeteria serves unhealthy food
Great benefits
Front End POD Tech I (Current Employee), Berkeley, MIssouriOctober 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
No mutual respect or integrity. Management has not completed monthly reviews in eight months and the current manager does not understand what we do.
fast paced detail oriented
Client and Benefit Coverage Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
handled medicare appeals commercial appeals drug coverage reimbursement paying rejected claims healthcare reform compound rejects prior authorizations
10$ a hour -Plus you're forced to join the union! = less than 300 every two weeks!
Data Entry (Former Employee), Bensalem,PAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: the free coffee
Cons: all
This place was by far the worst TEMP job ever! I have never seen a place ran so poorly. The pay is terrible. They only pay 10.00$ a hour; and you MUST join the union which will take and additional 75$ out of your check each and every paycheck.Which in turn, will leave you with pretty much nothing!!!! You will not make over 800$ a month, period!!! Also, The training is so absurd! They take you through every teeny, tiny thing just to learn something so simple! And FYI: if you don't past the last test given at the end of the training class; you will be fired. They also call you on every little thing, and I do mean everything!! Pretty much every one leaves. Either because of the terrible pay, or the way they treat you. And they also fire a lot of people once the review comes up after 90days. I had 16 people in my training class and only 3 of us survived the 90 day review. You have to ask yourself? Why does this company hire 24/7? That alone, should be a red flag! Good luck applicants!
constant work
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2014
Constant work with phone and faxes. A lot of overtime is possible

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.