Express Scripts

Express Scripts United States Employee Reviews

Great Place!
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Whitestown, INFebruary 18, 2015
Great benefits and work life balance. The environment is upbeat and friendly. There is a lot of opportunity to advance.
Hired as a "permanent employee" Laid off after 3 months!
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits. union
Cons: lack luster training, poor scheduling, union seniority system
I was hired as a full time "permanent employee" and was laid off only 3 months after helping with their busy season due to "cut backs at that center." I went through 5 weeks of training. The training just basically teaches you how to use the system and lightly scratches the surface of what the job is really like. Then when you get out on the floor, it counts AGAINST your stats when you call the supervisory assistance line to ask for help with the call handling situations and questions you don't know how to answer from training. Also it's a union environment so after being told we'd have an "opportunity" to do a shift bid to get a good schedule..because my training class didn't have enough union seniority we all got stuck working the 12pm -9pm shift. the shift bid was a joke all we got to "bid for" was the days off we got on that same schedule. Only plus side is because of the union I got a 60 day severance package when they laid off over 40 people.
Work in any department besides prior authorization!!!
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee), MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: short breaks, stressful and to much change
It was great company to work for but, the turn over rate is very high! They do not value the employees that have now. Constantly moving the floor around every two to three months. Managers are not trained quite well and frankly they need to hire with in for managers who knows the systems. The compensation is ok, but other places pay 16-17 hour for this type of work. Not to mention the workers are very stressed, many are taking anxiety medications just to deal with the day to day stress.
Learning Experience..... Great company
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 16, 2015
Learning Experience..... Always learning something new, never know what is coming around the corner. Can always expect to have a job.
Very lean driven company - not employee friendly
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2015
The could be a great company, but employees are not valued. Promote managers who have poor people skills, who often engage in "corporate bullying". Express Scripts operates a very lean company, so it common place for an employee to do the job of two or three people.
Great workplace
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), Cincinnati OHFebruary 13, 2015
I really liked working for this company! Great people and I would recommend this company to anyone, I would have loved to stay with the company long term but my assignment was only temporary.
My review
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 12, 2015
Cool place. Fun co-workers. Encouraging managers. Flexible. I learned that patients are really taken care of their. The hardest part leaving and the most enjoyable part is helping the patients.
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: pto
Cons: managment needs to be more professional
A typical day would be me working hard to get patients their medications in a timely manor I learn different things about insurance each day the management could be more professional the hardest part of the job is escalations.
If you like computer desk work, this is for you!! great benefits and perks
Prior authorization representative (Current Employee), Dublin, OHFebruary 12, 2015
I love this job , however the location is extremely too far to commute.
I like the relaxed fax work and the calls are smooth going since the seperated specific health groups to dedicated reps.
Daily duties as a crew member
Pharmacy Technicians (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discount on sandwiches
Cons: no breaks, hours per shift
My duties is to grill, prepare meals, keep stock of meats and lettuce, sauces, and bread. Another duty was cleaning dishes, floors, counters, tables.
Review
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 11, 2015
I administer employee benefits for the company. I also answer employee questions and help with open enrollment including giving presentations for new hires.
i loved it
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), whitestown,inFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: we were family
Cons: there wasnt any
I worked with all men just a fee women, we were a team and we helped each other out . We all worked together to get out on time make sure if someone forgot something we had each other backs we were a family
Express Scripts
CPO (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: could lose your job at any time
Great job until they lay you off
Gave the company over 8 years of my life it was great while it was great and horrible when horrible.
Sr. Business/Data Consultant
Data Migration Lead (Former Employee), St.louisFebruary 9, 2015
A result oriented rapid learner seeking a challenging role in any of the mainstream domains (PBM, Healthcare, Insurance, Banking etc).

I enjoy digging meticulous details, writting copious notes, brainstorming and conducting large JAR sessions etc. A new technology, process, initiative or domain which puts me in the drivers seat is most welcome at this point of career.

Other than work, I am a food blogger, dancer, avid reader and fitness fanatic.
RUN!!!!
Pharmacy production clerk/ cell owner (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: meet nice people
Cons: management, long hours!!!!!!!
You will be treated like a slave! Some of the worst management ever!!!! Promises are made to employees but always broken. Long hours on your feet and micro managed all day. If you enjoy working at a sweat shop then you came to the right place. The good review about this dump was written by someone from the company (management). Doesn't suprise me, they bring people in and tell them one thing and they soon realize they have walked into a nightmare!!!!!
Exercise room, spacious break rooms, and bonuses
Prior Authorization Representative (Current Employee), Berkeley, MOFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: diverse co-workers, paid holidays, pto, affordable benefits, small gym, atm
Cons: micro-managed, bad work/life balance, frequent changes, highly stressful
The job is not all bad, however it is stressful. It is hard however to balance work life and personal life because your shift varies. You may have an awesome eight hour day shift with weekends off and three months later you're stuck with a ten hour shift working evenings and weekends. You have to be totally flexible and willing to deal with change after change on a daily to weekly basis on procedures.

The good things are you do receive bonuses bases off of your performance. We get paid holiday's off, PTO hours, FMLA, and great benefits. There is a casual dress code and we have days where we can wear sports gear and hoodies. The cafeteria is decent but it closes at 1:45 pm; it has really good affordable breakfast however lunch is expensive.

Overall ESI is a good experience if you're open to flexibility and change!
Fast paced environment
S. Priest Dr (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: many events providing dinners and awards for various accomplishments
Cons: breaks seemed short when sitting for such an extended period of time
This position required sitting for 8 hours, no talking allowed. Very isolating position with very fast paced demands on various aspects of expectations. I learned efficiency and worked error free for almost 2 years. The area I tried to master was in shrink. Co workers came and went with a high overturn in employees here. Most enjoyable was the experience in another aspect of working as a pharmacy technician having been in retail prior to working for a mail order pharmacy.
Productive, friendly and not difficult
Prescription Benefit Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free coffee always available
Cons: expensive lunches that aren't always good or worth the money
-very structured in terms of time and procedure
-a lot to be learned about insurance benefits and prescription coverage
-management interested in your success
-friendly and helpful co-workers
-can be repetitive
Customer Service
Patient Care Advocate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: the aide that you provide to patents in their need
Cons: management
• Handle customer service inquiries from members, providers, physicians and internal and external clients related to pharmacy benefits.
• Handle inbound and outbound member, provider and physician calls.
• Answer questions related to pharmacy benefits, while maintaining productivity standards and performance guarantees where applicable.
• Work to research and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Assist members in understanding and maximizing the use of their pharmacy distribution program
• Use computerized system to gather information and respond to questions
• Document issues and resolutions in a common database. Escalate issues as necessary.
• Work with other operational departments to research and resolve mail order and claims issues and respond to members within performance agreement guidelines
• Responsible for good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards while complying with all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental programs and procedures
Fun Place to work
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WAFebruary 5, 2015
Nothing to review at the moment Please do not ask again Good place to work at if you like being cornered. Alright place just was not a good place for me

About Express Scripts

Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.

Express Scripts Salaries