Express

Express United States Employee Reviews

Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 16, 2015
Didn't work long enough to get a great impression but its just your typical retail job, nothing special. good employee discounts though.
Great Place to work- with positive coworkers
Headquarters Creative Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 15, 2015
• Styling- Special projects
• Styling Miss America pageant
and 2012 Miss America
• In-Store Marketing Installations
• Participating in Corporate Floor sets
- Laying out Mannequins within store set ups and arranging clothing/ accessories
-Working with Marketing team on signage within the store and store layout
-Working on visual clothing layouts
- Coming up with story capsules for store layout
- Working with team in designing and putting together front store window layouts
- photographing Mannequins for tutorial document to send to stores.

Hardest part of the job was making the store flow with only the product we had.

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing everything at final stage all layed out in the stores, and how the product finally came together to make a fashion story for the shoppers.
Very flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 15, 2015
A typical day would be opening, doing our opening routine which would include sweeping, dusting and cleaning throughout the entire store. Greeting customers that would come in and telling them about our promos. Assisting them if they need help with a size or particular item they are looking for. I learned that being responsible for a whole store isn't as easy. You have to make sure your sale associates know what they are doing and making sure they are doing it correctly.
good starting job
SALES LEADER/CASH EXPERT (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
it is a good place to start since is a retail store but this job will only help you for a couple of years because they dont give that many hours and also is hard to move up because there is a lot of competition
Quick paste,hard working and ok pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 12, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced
Cons: Short breaks
It was a very fast paste job. But easy when you catch on. long hours and also good coworkers and ok pay.great shifts and time to be with the family .
A fun and upbeat workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: Feels like im with family
Cons: Not knowing how to understand different languages
I've been working with Express for 4 months so far and I love it , my coworkers act friendly and it feels like a second home to me . A typical work day would be a huge crowd coming in browsing for clothing there interested on buying . My managers make me love my job even more their energy and vibe brings out the best in me even or a not so good day .

The hardest part about working with this company is that i can not please every customers that walks through the door and that most of the customers do not speak or understand english , so its hard to find out what they need and what they are looking for .

The most enjoyable part I would say I love about working with this company is the different types of culture I come in contact with , their love for fashion and communicating with them and growing a relationship with them
Not a very fun job
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee), Partridge Creek MallApril 9, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Hours/Staff
I did not enjoy this job. The hours were stamped on you due to the low staff, and not coming in when you were not initially scheduled leaves bad blood on your reputation in this company, making you a "unwilling employee", or so it felt. It's a good job to get into retail right away, but advancing may be a journey...
Productive and fast work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work I would greet customers while I kept the store tidy. I learned to work with a variety of customers as well as fellow employees.
Fun place to work if you enjoy customer sevice and fashion
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 30, 2015
Express is a place where you can be yourself. The work culture is very welcoming and motivating. The store manager is flexible with school schedules and other job schedules. I think the most enjoyable part of this job for me is that I get a chance to build relationships with the customers and in return their trust in me to wardrobe them.
Changing environment that doesn't promote advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2015
In the beginning, I was drawn to what the company had to offer. Over time, the policies have changed and more is being taken away from the employees. More recently, they have changed a policy to where the store manager cannot take two days off in a row. It just took away from the focus on what was important to the employees and growth was based on people leaving.
Well worked agency.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), ConnecticutMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Full of challenges
Cons: Had to be standing at all times.
It was a fun agency. Loved working in the company of Superior Bakery Inc. Loved being a Machine operator. Fast place to work at and full of REAL challenges.
productve
Part-Time Sales Lead (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2015
Pros: 30% discount
Cons: no benifits
great clothes
flexible hours great managers
knowledgeable trends
great discount
awesome coupons
nice employees hours are so so
needy customers
Fun and Motivating Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 24, 2015
Learned about sales, leadership and interacting with customers. My typical day is communicating with others, doing transactions, selling product, working to get to the day's goal, and tasking to make sure the store looks presentable to shop.
Express
Store Manager/ Multi-Unit Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 23, 2015
Express was performance culture. They expected you to work and perform. You can learn a lot about retail buy working there. Sometime your a name on a piece of paper but other time they really get to know you!
Become A Fashion Mogul
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: fun work with fashion.
Cons: working very minimum hours depending on your store location
Welcome to the world of fashion. Expect a whole new retail experience when it comes to this company. Its a pretty fast paced environment and they have serious management. However expect to have some fun as well. Express is fashion at its best. Working there will give you a confidence boost for sure and you will become a natural fashion mogul in no time.
Most of my Experience
Warehouse/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: just a call away when you need them
Cons: sometimes the pay
Every time I needed help with finding a job, Express is there to help. They give job seekers like myself a chance to learn and grow with companies they work with.
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMarch 19, 2015
Express is a fun place to work for the most part, and you get a discount on the clothes! They even have extra discount weekends every once in a while where you get even more off. Worked here for almost 5 years and learned a ton.
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Macomb Township, MiMarch 17, 2015
Pros: 40% Discount, fun environment, good starting, learn great customer service skills
Cons: Discount only limited you, can only wear express jeans, Having to sell credit cards
come and punch in, then go talk to managers to see what tasks you will be taking on for the day and shooting for high sales, helped grow my customer service experience, management is okay, I believe it depends on what kind of team you have, the ones i worked with were uptight and sometimes even stuck-up, co-workers were amazing, made work very fun and usually around ages of 20 and have certain unique style to them, hardest part is trying to get people to sign up for credit cards, talking to customers was the most enjoyable part, helping them find perfect outfits to fit their own style and working with co-workers.
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Customer Sales Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2015
A typical day at work involves coming in and getting up-to-date on company results, district results, and store results, then going out to the floor and performing basic duties: leading the team in segments to optimum selling behaviors, coaching, and exhibiting great customer service. Working for Express has taught me how to work in a fast-paced environment and finding a balance between coaching a team to success and focusing on customers at the same time. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customer service issues, but the most enjoyable part of the job is creating a relationship with customers to make them want to come back and shop with you instead of another retailer.
Busy, Sense of Urgency, Great Multicustomer Service, Loyalty and friend Customer, Team work, Top sellers, Engagement
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 12, 2015
Busy, Sense of Urgency, Multicustomer Service, Loyalty and friend Customer, Team work, Top sellers, Engagement, Outfits, Great fashion, recognition to the team, Communication, positive enviroment, coahing and constantly feedbacks, a wonderful customer service, fun place to work

1 2 3 4 5