Express

Express Employer Reviews

fun active place to work, great social interaction and wonderful management.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Washington, PADecember 22, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
a great fun place to work. daily jobs include customer servicing, Cashier, and Sales to customers. great co workers and management, very professional. hardest part of the job is the constant flow of non stop customers. most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people and knowing im doing something to help them and make their lives a little bit better.
A lot of FUN!
Sales Leader (Former Employee), GeorgiaDecember 22, 2014
Enjoyed working with upper level management and learned a lot about business operation.
Productive, fun, challenging, management
Stockroom Supervisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 15, 2014
Preparing coworkers
Set out advertisements
Learned how to manage a groups of people, work as a team, work under deadlines, and how to maintain the goals and values of the company.
The experience is what I loved about the job
Express was Great
Express Fashion Consultant/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 13, 2014
Express was very diverse in culture. Met new people and I learned new things. I did not have any complaints on express ever.
Fast paced, high energy workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits, compensation
Cons: short, to no breaks, no worklife balance. long work weeks
A typical workday for Express is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're going to get. Express is very express like. They are a very reactive company and flexibility is key. While working at Express you will learn how to work with an array of personalities and a very diverse group. We are fashion forward and love the customer. The hardest – more... part of the job is having to negotiate your personal time. One great part of the company is at the end of the day we have a lot of fun with the customers. – less
didnt like working there at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLDecember 9, 2014
Cons: would not get any hours
Did not get any hours at all and it was just a mess. The managers would get all the hours anf i wouldnt get to leave at the time i was supposed to leave.
Good play to work
Sales Leader (Current Employee), Danbury, CTDecember 4, 2014
Crazy work hours, but worth it with the amazing co-workers and managers that make up the team.
Stock
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 4, 2014
Backroom stock help, along with merchandising. Employee Discounts
fast paced, and keeps me busy.
Sales associate (Current Employee), Visalia, CANovember 25, 2014
I go into work and just do my daily tasks, they would be that i make sure that the deparment im in stays clean as well as greeting the costumers that come in, and make sure i assist them as well as i can.
The chances to work in manufacture, cleaning sludge tanks, and work as a labor.
Laborer (Former Employee), Richmond, KYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: the psi company wanted me to go to there georgetown at the toyoto company.
Cons: there was days a come home with black bust all over me and it was just a temp job.
I cleaned sludge tanks out, chiseled off sides of tanks and waste material into storage drums. Used a dry-ice machine that was used to spray on walls to get the excess dirt and grime.
Great Entry Level Job
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Northridge, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits include flexible scheduling and paid time off.
Cons: express fashion consultants stand for long periods of time. job advancement is slow and tedious
Great entry level job where you can learn customer communication skills as well as gain valuable retail experience in a fast-pace environment. Would highly recommend working as a sale associate if you can easily build customer loyalty, can provide excellent customer satisfaction, and multi-task. During busy holiday seasons, Express may require employees – more... to work nights, weekends, and longer day shifts. Benefits include flexible scheduling and paid time off. Job advancement is slow and tedious. The job can be very stressful but rewarding. Additional job duties may include organizing or restocking shelves and ringing up purchases. Express fashion consultants stand for long periods of time. – less
Rewarding team experience in a retail enviroment.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Amherst, NYNovember 10, 2014
Fast paced work environment where your number one focus was always about giving an exceptional experience to every customer that entered your store.. Which resulted in promoting the brand and showed in your over all store results.
this was a temp service
Dock Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2014
the company the sent me to had not been open that long. and they didn't no how to pace there workers.
life in the day of a fashionista
Cashier/ Sales Assoc (Former Employee), michigan, MiNovember 5, 2014
Pros: special discounts off clothes, fun environment, met great peopel and co-workers
Cons: short breaks, not enough benefits
perfect job for people who like fashion or trying to heighten their senses in the area, management is fun, cool projects, get to work with customers one on one and help them find outfits for special occasions, easy to move up
They Sucked!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: everything else
I was never happy with that company. They had a favoritism thing going.
Have not worked yet
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee), Kent, WAOctober 30, 2014
my advisor was great! The intake was a little long but over all I feel as I was treated with respect. I got hired the same day and look forward to starting work on the fourth
Good people, and good benefits.
cafeteria assistant, Banquets, catering (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great job experienses, and a great place to meet new people
Cons: it's an inbetween job place not as stable as you'd like it to be
It's a great place to be, but at this moment I need a more stable job.
Team-oriented work place with a great environment.
Sales Leader/ Visual Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAOctober 29, 2014
The company is specifically focused on team work. As a manager, my job is to place my associates in the right area of the store to ensure that our sales goal will be met.

I enjoy going into work everyday because I look forward to finding other ways to train my associates for success. I have a lot of patience to train and I believe that is a trait most – more... managers do not carry. I'd have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is the training because I see it as "building an army."

One of the things I find challenging about this job is making your sales goal. Express does not give sales goals individually through associates, but rather through managers. This is where competition flies in. Making your sales goal for the day is very important because, at the end of the day, you will be ranked among the other managers in the store. Even though it could be a challenge, I enjoy the friendly competition. – less
productive fun work place where I got to show my people skills and offer assistance to people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), DurhamOctober 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: staying two hours pass closing times.
Productive and consistent work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deptford, NJOctober 28, 2014
Pros: store discounts, flexible schedules, clean and happy environment
Cons: short breaks and online scheduling
co-workers were great to work with and management had very ambitious goals that were completed by the end of f each work day about 95% of the time. Most enjoyable part of being a sales associate was seeing customers leave the store happy with the purchases they have made.

1 2 3 4 5