Express

Express Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable
Sales Lead (Management) (Current Employee), Portage, MIJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Freedom
My role as an associate at Express was great. I was given as much time as I needed to help customers and organize the store. Before promoted to an manager I was a top associate and was allowed as much time as needed to create a positive relationship with customers.
Fun fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: energetic music played throughout store
Cons: had to wear uncomfortable shoes while on feet for several hours
A energetic, multitasking environment. Intention to teach associates the building blocks of customer service. Encouragement from management to aid company in success and satisfy a customers overall needs. Friendly relationships among coworkers, yet remained professional.
express was a good experience
Stock Expert/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJJune 30, 2015
a day at express come early 8 am to work sweep and make the store look good and before people come 3 of my teammates go in the back and sort out the clothes that going to be sold on the floor and we was timed and had a number of boxes with fulled with clothes we have to sense the clothes before going on the floor so it willnt get tooking out the store. management was cool guy nothing bad to say about him co-workers changed alot bc it a fast pace job and if yu wasnt fast your out. hardest part bout the job we didnt have any breaks. most enjoyable part of the job was being around people with good energy all day everyday i was there was a good part of the job
Very Busy, Yet Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Buford, GeorgiaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great employee discount
A typical day involves uncovering how much money is expected to make for day for each segment. Chatting in with the manager on duty about promotions and expectations for the shift(s). Depending on the day, there may be tasks that are done in between customers if it's a slower day. It can be a very fast-paced environment, but overall it's a pretty fun place to work.
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Didn't get to work there long since I was only there for Black Friday.
I had the chance to put my organizing skills at use while helping and talking to customers. The hardest part of the job was looking for clothes in the back when nobody really explained on how to find the item.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 26, 2015
it was a fun experience to work in. i love greeting people making them happy, especially having them walk out with a fresh outfit on. plus, if i can step up credit cards for the company through our customers and upsell, i think im pretty much capable of getting the job done.
OK
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Sugarland TxJune 26, 2015
The job required alot of work for minimum wage. Coworkers were very friendly, some managers were okay and others were extremely disrespectful.
Customer Service (Current Employee), El Centro, CAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Discounts on clothing, and with other stores like Bath and Body Works, Birthday gift-cards, and a amazing management team
Cons: No Healthcare offered to part-time employees. and little working hours, minimum wage pay.
A typical day at work, is ringing up customers, helping them with paring clothing that they are interested in, or having them try something they would never think of on, in-turn boosting there confidence in knowing they are or can be more versatile in the clothing they ware. Also if we don't have something on the floor they want, going above and beyond to see if we have it in stock. If by chance we don't have it in back stock, then i would give them the option of ordering on-line (free of shipping) and informing customers about the Express rewards program, as well as offering them discounts thew e-mail and more discounts by applying and getting approved on a Express credit card. For all military personal, informing them that Express offers a discount on all persons that have a military card.

While working at Express i have learned how to connect with customers on a personal yet professional level. Also how to promote products with-out pressuring customers, I have also learned how to provide a exceptional customer service experience by going above and beyond 100% for each and every customer.

I enjoy working with the management of Express, every one is fair and kind and non judgmental. The management truly cares and respects all employees and it show's. Express has a open door policy to which we can always express are selves about any situation, big or small. and they do a amazing job when it come to communication.

My co-workers with Express are all amazing and we all look out for each other, we work hard to make each other better at what we do. i can honestly say we – more... all get along and there has never been conflict with any of my co-workers. They are always willing to switch shifts or one another if needed, and its never a issue. my co-workers are honestly really great people!

I would say the hardest part of the job is getting customers to apply for Express credit, and id say it's due to the economy, however, we always keep them educated on the benefits that comes with having a Express credit card. and eventually they come back and end up applying (persistence is key, In a non pressuring way)

The most enjoyable part about working at Express is meeting new people, working with a AMAZING management team, Also working with my co-workers on a daily basis. Helping customers build there confidence and fell better about who they are and how they look. (sometimes with people that's all they need to make a huge difference in there lives!) – less
Express is structured and gives you the absolute basics of working in retail.
Store Manager/Co Manager (Former Employee), Los AngelesJune 24, 2015
A typical day involved filling the floor, driving sales and multiple back office tasks.
Here is where I learned to effectively merchandise, elevate visual presentation, coach and develop associates and build customer relationships.
The hardest part of the job was the payroll constraints but the best part was being able to travel to Corporate to help create and develop Company tools.
Great place to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 19, 2015
Very rewarding and fun to work at. On either day i would be in the floor greeting or helping customers or on the cashier taking care of customers needs.
Express gave you a chance to practice customer service skills
Stylist (Former Employee), Rockaway MallJune 19, 2015
As a stylist, when I got into work I would go directly to the fitting rooms. If it was a mess I would have to fold and hang clothes and organize it to where it had to go in the store. If I had "runners" they would be the people to take the clothes and put it away in the store for me. If not I would have to do that. I would knock on the doors and ask the customers how they were doing and if they needed a different size or anything. My job was to add on to sales and promote the deals we had going on. For example, if jeans were buy 1 get one 50% off and tank tops are 30% off I would suggest another pair of jeans for 50% and throw in another tank top in a different color. It was a good job because I had to multi task some days between keeping the fitting rooms clean, assisting customers, as well as training new associates some days. The hardest part of the job was dealing with those really busy days with difficult customers, but in time you learn how to calm down an angry customer so the situation does not escalate.
Bad place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 18, 2015
Bad employees, bad pay, no benefits. The employees were rude and didn't train me at all. I had to figure out everything on my own. I wouldn't recommend working here.
fun company to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee), floridaJune 17, 2015
Overall, good company it has great discounts and very flexible hrs especially for students. They care about their employees
Awesome Co-workers
Sales Lead / Manager (Former Employee), FloridaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: Pay Rate, Inconsistent Shifts, management retention
On a normal day I would clock-in and head to the sales floor in which I would be informed on how the business was doing from opening till the current time. I would then be given a designated area in which I would assist customers and simultaneously coach and develop employees. The co-workers were the highlight going to work everyday.
Great
Cashier (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJune 16, 2015
I loved express retail and customer service is what I like to do. The managers are great and co workers as well. I only left cause the pay wasn't enough for me so I left for a better job opportunity.
Job culture is typical to retail environment
Assistant Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience for anyone who is into fashion retail
Cons: Holiday hours are the most stressful, customers will be rude
Fun and exciting work environment, job culture is typical, if you're in sales you meet and greet customers while assisting them making purchases, if you're in merchandising you replenish sale floor, assist selling associates in finding merchandise, assist visual manager in moving signs, table, and displays while merchandising store.
Great way to find a job.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJune 12, 2015
They are very helpful finding you the right job. I had a blast working for them. It takes a while for them to get a hold of them. But overall great job.
Cool vibe just not my style.
Sales Lead (Former Employee), 1552 BroadwayJune 10, 2015
It was a nice place really have nothing bad to say about Express it taught me a lot and brought me up a lot in my retail abilities I would say its not the job but the co workers that make working the job so difficult everyone just seems to be angry and negative and just purely rude all the time and plus my property got stolen so just not a positive experience for me.
sells
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Doral, FLJune 10, 2015
Learn selling skills, can move up to be a manager if you like the field, flexible hours. Pay is not the best but that is how it is for stores, nice clothe, good discounts.
Productive environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: enjoyable co workers
I greeted customers upon entrance. I handled all cash and credit transactions. Assisted all customers regarding store promotions and orders. The hardest part of the job but also what I learned from the most would be dealing with customers that had a bad experience. I learned how to help provide them with what they needed/wanted. Also was able to train new hires and teach them about the stock room, sales floor and the register.

1 2 3 4 5