Express

Express Employee Reviews

Temporary Labor Job
Labor (Former Employee), Fort Scott, KSJuly 24, 2015
Cons: It was just a Temporary Job.
It was hard labor work and very hot (weather wise). Constant heavy lifting. This job was supposed to last 4 weeks but ended up only lasting 2 weeks which was disappointing.
Was alright.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Longview, WAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: was decent.
Cons: Could be better.
The workers are very friendly. They give you information about one job and they send you only for you to find out it isn't what they said. They started to get rude and dont really seem to care about what works best for the people they are trying to "help"
Always on the move
Fleet manager, Service Advisor, Diagnostic tech (Former Employee), Cicero ILJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Paid Lunch
Cons: Short Breaks
Keeping customers happy in good work environment making sure our expenses are low so that the company may continue to grow
Exciting, and fulfilling.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Rewarded with merchandise, or gift cards
Cons: Sometimes breaks were forgotten
Working for Express was great, I never had any complaints. The management was all very nice, and understanding. They wanted to see their employee's succeed, and rewarded them when they did!

Working there for just over a year, I expanded my knowledge of business, and how to communicate with different types of people effectively. I was taught the importance of money, and how to successfully market a product, while making sure the customers were also satisfied. I also learned how difficult it can be to manage others, and making sure to always be efficient when working with a customer.

My co-workers were all really nice people, we got along well and were able to be flexible when it came to picking up one another's shifts if need be.

The hardest part of my job, was being able to maintain calm and collected when things were stressful.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with other customers, and actually forming friendships with them. It's a great feeling to know that you're actually connecting with the individuals, and not just trying to sell them a product.
Productive and fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, Wi.July 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at Express my coworker and developing relationships with the customers are great. Express can be a positive job experience for anyone.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJuly 13, 2015
Working for Express was awesome! Part time employees do not receive benefits. Great company selling a great product. Loyal customers and employees. Very thorough training which is extremely helpful when working and assisting customers.
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2015
Express is a large company. I liked working their because I like giving outstanding customer service and helping customers find the perfect outfit. The staff was friendly.
Don't work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2015
You're overworked and underpaid. All the coworkers are great but the management sucks. The turnover rate is ridiculous. Don't waste your time.
Great clothes and fun environment.
Sales Leader (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 7, 2015
fun environment. Everyone is very easy going and polite. The management was just as easy going as the employees and just as nice. The hardest part of the job was the hours. Sometimes they went straight through the night. The most enjoyable part was working with amazing people.
Great Store with Great Discount!
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJuly 7, 2015
Replenishment of store
Open and sort shipment (clothing and accessories)
Censor shipment
Hang shipment on back stock bars
Backstock
Floor set
Very enjoyable
Sales Lead (Management) (Current Employee), Portage, MIJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Freedom
My role as an associate at Express was great. I was given as much time as I needed to help customers and organize the store. Before promoted to an manager I was a top associate and was allowed as much time as needed to create a positive relationship with customers.
Fun fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: energetic music played throughout store
Cons: had to wear uncomfortable shoes while on feet for several hours
A energetic, multitasking environment. Intention to teach associates the building blocks of customer service. Encouragement from management to aid company in success and satisfy a customers overall needs. Friendly relationships among coworkers, yet remained professional.
express was a good experience
Stock Expert/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJJune 30, 2015
a day at express come early 8 am to work sweep and make the store look good and before people come 3 of my teammates go in the back and sort out the clothes that going to be sold on the floor and we was timed and had a number of boxes with fulled with clothes we have to sense the clothes before going on the floor so it willnt get tooking out the store. management was cool guy nothing bad to say about him co-workers changed alot bc it a fast pace job and if yu wasnt fast your out. hardest part bout the job we didnt have any breaks. most enjoyable part of the job was being around people with good energy all day everyday i was there was a good part of the job
Very Busy, Yet Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Buford, GeorgiaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great employee discount
A typical day involves uncovering how much money is expected to make for day for each segment. Chatting in with the manager on duty about promotions and expectations for the shift(s). Depending on the day, there may be tasks that are done in between customers if it's a slower day. It can be a very fast-paced environment, but overall it's a pretty fun place to work.
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Didn't get to work there long since I was only there for Black Friday.
I had the chance to put my organizing skills at use while helping and talking to customers. The hardest part of the job was looking for clothes in the back when nobody really explained on how to find the item.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 26, 2015
it was a fun experience to work in. i love greeting people making them happy, especially having them walk out with a fresh outfit on. plus, if i can step up credit cards for the company through our customers and upsell, i think im pretty much capable of getting the job done.
OK
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Sugarland TxJune 26, 2015
The job required alot of work for minimum wage. Coworkers were very friendly, some managers were okay and others were extremely disrespectful.
Customer Service (Current Employee), El Centro, CAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Discounts on clothing, and with other stores like Bath and Body Works, Birthday gift-cards, and a amazing management team
Cons: No Healthcare offered to part-time employees. and little working hours, minimum wage pay.
A typical day at work, is ringing up customers, helping them with paring clothing that they are interested in, or having them try something they would never think of on, in-turn boosting there confidence in knowing they are or can be more versatile in the clothing they ware. Also if we don't have something on the floor they want, going above and beyond to see if we have it in stock. If by chance we don't have it in back stock, then i would give them the option of ordering on-line (free of shipping) and informing customers about the Express rewards program, as well as offering them discounts thew e-mail and more discounts by applying and getting approved on a Express credit card. For all military personal, informing them that Express offers a discount on all persons that have a military card.

While working at Express i have learned how to connect with customers on a personal yet professional level. Also how to promote products with-out pressuring customers, I have also learned how to provide a exceptional customer service experience by going above and beyond 100% for each and every customer.

I enjoy working with the management of Express, every one is fair and kind and non judgmental. The management truly cares and respects all employees and it show's. Express has a open door policy to which we can always express are selves about any situation, big or small. and they do a amazing job when it come to communication.

My co-workers with Express are all amazing and we all look out for each other, we work hard to make each other better at what we do. i can honestly say we – more... all get along and there has never been conflict with any of my co-workers. They are always willing to switch shifts or one another if needed, and its never a issue. my co-workers are honestly really great people!

I would say the hardest part of the job is getting customers to apply for Express credit, and id say it's due to the economy, however, we always keep them educated on the benefits that comes with having a Express credit card. and eventually they come back and end up applying (persistence is key, In a non pressuring way)

The most enjoyable part about working at Express is meeting new people, working with a AMAZING management team, Also working with my co-workers on a daily basis. Helping customers build there confidence and fell better about who they are and how they look. (sometimes with people that's all they need to make a huge difference in there lives!) – less
Express is structured and gives you the absolute basics of working in retail.
Store Manager/Co Manager (Former Employee), Los AngelesJune 24, 2015
A typical day involved filling the floor, driving sales and multiple back office tasks.
Here is where I learned to effectively merchandise, elevate visual presentation, coach and develop associates and build customer relationships.
The hardest part of the job was the payroll constraints but the best part was being able to travel to Corporate to help create and develop Company tools.
Great place to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 19, 2015
Very rewarding and fun to work at. On either day i would be in the floor greeting or helping customers or on the cashier taking care of customers needs.

1 2 3 4 5