Express

Express Employer Reviews

I feel that Express is a great place to work for: Constant
Temp Job (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: one gets paid every week, one knows each day weather they're returning the next day, week.
The most enjoyable part of the job is payday comes every Friday; you at least know where you will work the next day or week, or month.
No hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2015
I barely even recieved hours at this job. I made no money and everyone was rude.
Very great work environment
Warehouse Worker (Temp) (Current Employee), Brookfield, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Working at this company I have learned and enhanced my ability of working in a warehouse
worst mangers ever !
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), modesto, caJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: managers are jerks, managers make u look stupid in front of costumers
i worked here seasonal and i thought that working there would be great and really fun but NO.

I mean working there was ok, but the Store manager and one of the girl managers are SO RUDE ! They love making you feel lower than them & make sure u feel stupid. They think what they do is a career but FYI a retail manager is not a career haha.
They expect SO much from u & ok i get that, but they dont gotta be jerks cause that isnt guna make me want to work hard when im being treated unprofessionally .
Im SO GLAD i ddnt stay !
Wouldn't have taken this job if I would have known it was through express
Customer Service / Call Center Repersentative (Current Employee), Danville, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Job is great. everything else is not. availability is asked for (four times) and never looked at. unable to work here anymore because shifts change week to week and not predictable.
seasonal position
associate - Perimeter Mall (Former Employee), Dunwoody,GAJanuary 11, 2015
This was a seasonal position where i pretty much just got blamed for anything that went wrong just because i was new, but i didn't let that discourage me. I still came to work with a smile and completed all tasks within a timely manner.
Very productive work enviornment and learning experience
Stock room/ sales lead (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good discount and quality clothes
Cons: never enough employees.
It was a very productive and high pace work pace. Always had something that needed to be done or someone to be helped. Enjoyed this kind of work environment. Kept everyone on their toes and was thus never boring. Express was a higher end retail store so a lot of our customers had to be helped with their shopping. It was always pleasant assisting them with their needs. Because the particular store I worked in was always flooded with customers being in stock was at times a hard job. I had to balance my attention with the processing routine as well as squeeze in the time to assist customers that sought me out. not to mention the assistance I provided at the cash wrap as a back up ringer. All in all this job was a wonderful experience and I am grateful to start my retail career in such a work place. I enjoyed it.
Reasonable Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: paid lunch break, friendly co-workers
Cons: rate of pay
A typical day of work at EXPRESS consists of constant costumer service and recovering of on floor merchandise. I learned how to properly use cash registers, meet store standards, and understand the language of business. The management is good and usually accommodating to personal schedules. The co-workers have been great, everyone is very friendly and helpful. The most difficult aspect of this job was, believe it or not, the need to constantly look busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting costumers, contributing towards making people happy is very rewarding.
Interesting workplace with friendly staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, MODecember 26, 2014
Pros: great company discounts, exciting atmosphere
Cons: hectic business strategy, difficult management, poor organization
As a sales associate I learned a lot from EXPRESS about the business of retail. The coworkers were very friendly in the business environment, but did not seem as much like a team as any employees I have previously worked with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with life in retail where everything must be presented perfectly at all times and people are in a constant rush. Management seemed hectic and somewhat unorganized, but trained new employees very well. The best part of the job was being able to help customers in finding just what they were looking for at a good deal. The business of retail is a difficult one, but it can quickly teach an employee a lot about business.
fun active place to work, great social interaction and wonderful management.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Washington, PADecember 22, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
a great fun place to work. daily jobs include customer servicing, Cashier, and Sales to customers. great co workers and management, very professional. hardest part of the job is the constant flow of non stop customers. most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people and knowing im doing something to help them and make their lives a little bit better.
A lot of FUN!
Sales Leader (Former Employee), GeorgiaDecember 22, 2014
Enjoyed working with upper level management and learned a lot about business operation.
Productive, fun, challenging, management
Stockroom Supervisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 15, 2014
Preparing coworkers
Set out advertisements
Learned how to manage a groups of people, work as a team, work under deadlines, and how to maintain the goals and values of the company.
The experience is what I loved about the job
Express was Great
Express Fashion Consultant/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 13, 2014
Express was very diverse in culture. Met new people and I learned new things. I did not have any complaints on express ever.
Fast paced, high energy workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits, compensation
Cons: short, to no breaks, no worklife balance. long work weeks
A typical workday for Express is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're going to get. Express is very express like. They are a very reactive company and flexibility is key. While working at Express you will learn how to work with an array of personalities and a very diverse group. We are fashion forward and love the customer. The hardest part of the job is having to negotiate your personal time. One great part of the company is at the end of the day we have a lot of fun with the customers.
didnt like working there at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLDecember 9, 2014
Cons: would not get any hours
Did not get any hours at all and it was just a mess. The managers would get all the hours anf i wouldnt get to leave at the time i was supposed to leave.
Good play to work
Sales Leader (Current Employee), Danbury, CTDecember 4, 2014
Crazy work hours, but worth it with the amazing co-workers and managers that make up the team.
Stock
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 4, 2014
Backroom stock help, along with merchandising. Employee Discounts
fast paced, and keeps me busy.
Sales associate (Current Employee), Visalia, CANovember 25, 2014
I go into work and just do my daily tasks, they would be that i make sure that the deparment im in stays clean as well as greeting the costumers that come in, and make sure i assist them as well as i can.
The chances to work in manufacture, cleaning sludge tanks, and work as a labor.
Laborer (Former Employee), Richmond, KYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: the psi company wanted me to go to there georgetown at the toyoto company.
Cons: there was days a come home with black bust all over me and it was just a temp job.
I cleaned sludge tanks out, chiseled off sides of tanks and waste material into storage drums. Used a dry-ice machine that was used to spray on walls to get the excess dirt and grime.
Great Entry Level Job
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Northridge, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits include flexible scheduling and paid time off.
Cons: express fashion consultants stand for long periods of time. job advancement is slow and tedious
Great entry level job where you can learn customer communication skills as well as gain valuable retail experience in a fast-pace environment. Would highly recommend working as a sale associate if you can easily build customer loyalty, can provide excellent customer satisfaction, and multi-task. During busy holiday seasons, Express may require employees to work nights, weekends, and longer day shifts. Benefits include flexible scheduling and paid time off. Job advancement is slow and tedious. The job can be very stressful but rewarding. Additional job duties may include organizing or restocking shelves and ringing up purchases. Express fashion consultants stand for long periods of time.

1 2 3 4 5