Express

Express Employee Reviews

Great team to work with!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNMay 21, 2015
With the right people it is easy to click with one another because the brand is affordable "high-end" fashion. Customers vary but are easy to connect with. It's a great environment to work in. But the pay is very low.
Exciting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2015
Fun work environment, customers love our service. The manager loves his job, his employees, and his customers and it shows. Very good work environment
They never give me hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 20, 2015
I was offered regular position after the holidays and took it. They said when school gets out to open my availability. I changed it and they haven't gave me hours in a month.
Dull environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), dunwoody,gaMay 20, 2015
Seasonal position. Work environment at that time wasn't ideal. The work was very tedious therefore, you were always busy. There was always work to be done which made the shift go by quickly, which was a plus.
Productive Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barton Creek Mall, Austin, TXMay 19, 2015
I didn't work there long enough to really get a feel for the work environment, but at times it did not feel as friendly of an work environment as I would like it. But I did like how everyone was very self motivated.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, VAMay 18, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on entire store
Cons: Limited hours, at times slow
Fun work environment with friendly management and coworkers. Learned in a deeper way to communicate with customers to make sure they return to shop at the store again.
Fast paced workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 13, 2015
It was constantly a busy environment. I did not always feel to welcome because the other employees had seen how untrained I was. The job took a lot of getting used to, but I learned a lot about the cash wrap, how to treat customers while under pressure, how to properly handle store merchandise. Folding large sections of clothes as a single-person task is probably the hardest part of the job. Being able to take a half hour break was most likely the most enjoyable part.
Would like to see more constant temp job offers from A1 companies
Warehouse/forklift/Clerical (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Money.
Cons: no consistant job lengths.
Job offers were varied and sometimes companies were not the most safety conscious employers. At times the companies were too fast paced and they ignored proper palletizing and stacking rule.s
qa cleaner worker
QA Tester line worker cleaner (Current Employee), Tupe, BOLMay 10, 2015
i had to check the feed i had to check the work i had to work on the line i had to claen i did almost everything...............
Could not ask for a better team
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 8, 2015
Pros: Fashion, Amazing Coworkers
- Hands down one of my favorite jobs
- I love my team and their enthusiasm to help people find the perfect outfit for any occasion
- Build great customer relationships
- Management has always been hard working and show their appreciation to each team member
- It is always a joy to help someone out for their wedding, birthday party, or first school dance/prom
Pretty good workplace
Replenishment (Former Employee), Braselton, GAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Had a very nice and clean facility.
Cons: Only one break on a 12 hour shift
There management there was extremely friendly and always had good vibes. They were also helpful. The co-workers were nice and friendly as well. The hardest part of my job there was that I had to stand up for so long without more than one break. The most enjoyable part of my job was opening the packages and putting there where they needed to be.
Fun Workplace BUT No Pay
Full-Time Sales Lead (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment, nice clothes
Cons: low pay wages, high turnover rate
I have worked for Express for nearly 5 years. My mom worked at Express when she was in college, and I decided to follow suit because I loved the clothing and the environment. I only wanted to work in a place I believed in and knew I could sell. I loved my job. I was promoted about a year and a half there, and was promoted again the following year. This is where I lost faith in the company that I loved for so long. Express did not believe I needed a raise even though I was promoted as a full-time management position and going to school full-time working my education around them. They believed my benefits were my "raise". So essentially, I was paying for my promotion. It's a shame. I love the environment, my customers and the people I get to work with, but they just simply don't pay, nor recognize their employees.
A fun setting and a dramafee workplace with nice co-workers
Brand Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 8, 2015
I would start my day greeting my co-workers and starting on my first priority on my to do list of things to do. I'd like to learn something new and get assistance if needed. close the day with a good note for tomorrow's next assignments.
Fast paced and energetic work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2015
Cons: long closing shifts, short shifts
Working at Express typically calls for a five hour shift between 2-4 days a week. I have learned all of the components of retail from selling merchandise, processing shipments of inventory, to conducting floor sets. Management has always been very friendly and understanding. They always go out of their way to accommodate the needs of their employees when truly needed. There has never been moments of miscommunication or difficulties between me and my co-workers. Everyone is friendly and is family oriented. The hardest pert of the job for me has been the change between scheduling from the beginning of the year to the spring. It has been hard compensating when being only scheduled mostly two days per week.
Barley scheduled and not a fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: discount and this position gave me the opportunity to talk to new people all day
Cons: rude co-workers
I have worked as a sales associate for 2 years and I never had a problem with it until i started working at Express. I was only scheduled on very busy holiday hours, which was nice, but then after the holidays, i rarely got shifts. I was disappointed because i wanted to work more. Everyone that i worked with was unprofessional and rude behind closed doors. I would spend my shift greeting customers, helping them choose outfits, i would clean the store and work in the fitting rooms, and also worked at the register. I would always close the store at the end of the day, so i would be getting off my shift later than expected because i had to clean the store to perfection for the next day. I always worked really hard to clean the store at night, but the other co-workers didnt' put in a lot of effort.

the hardest part of the job was having rude co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers pick out clothes
busy days
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Danville, VAApril 28, 2015
Express was a very busy store. It was one of the high-priced stores that i worked at in Charlotte. It was on the southside at Southpark Mall. It was on made for me to work seasonal but my skills were good enough for me to get hired on part time, but unfortunately i had to move back to Danville Va so my time at Express had to end
Fun job
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 27, 2015
I love the store and I loved working with the crews.

I learned how to fold clothes the proper way.

The co-workers were very friendly, social and helpful when I didn't know something.

The hardest part of the is keeping the clothes organized while the store is open.

The most enjoyable part of the job is greeting customers and helping them finding what they need.
Fun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dickson City PAApril 27, 2015
My time at Express was a good experience into the retail field. I was able to work closely with customers to provide them with what they were looking for.
A good place.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARApril 23, 2015
Pros: courteous staff
Cons: none
Express is a good place to go if you are looking for a job. The staff are courteous and willing to answer any and all questions you may have. After completing my application, they called me within that week and I started for Americold Logistics.
Fashion Forward with a focus on customer service
FT Sales Lead (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 23, 2015
Express is a leader in fashion while keeping in mind what comes first, customers. All employees are treated fairly meanwhile internal promotion is strong.

1 2 3 4 5