Express Employee Reviews

overworked employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Marcos,TxAugust 26, 2015
Start you off at minimum wage won't get a raise until a year overworked when sales goals isn't met for the hour managers expect you to go above and beyond to make that money back .managers sometimes show gratitude other times it the blame game that you are the reason people didn't buy anything.opening or mid shift is ok but closing is nightmare .
Slow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: slow
Had a great time handling calls and interacting with customers worked well with my schedule great place to work, great lunch break.
Presentable company and employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLAugust 21, 2015
Nice work place with supportive management. 50% about the numbers being made and 50% about customer service. Co-workers were always happy and present to help with situations on the floor.
Worst job!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2015
Worst job ever worked here for Christmas time. Management is horrible they expect so much from you especially starting at minimum wage it is not worth it!. I went in one day around 5pm and didn't get out until around 3am without a break. if you ask for a break they cut your time. DO NOT recommend!
Great Discount...low pay
Co-Manager, Express (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: upper management
compensation for new hires is typically minimum wage.
work life balance for managers is horrible
great associate discount on clothes
good summer or part-time school job
can be very boring
Retail Store Associate (Former Employee), reading, paAugust 13, 2015
pay rate is low, standing on your feet the entire shifts, a lot of folding all day. most people will fold clothes and not even get on the registers. expect to come in early before the store opens to clean, there is not a cleaning service. the staff cleans
Co-Sales Manager
Co-Sales Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 11, 2015
Great place to work and lots of fun! Often times you are acting as the store manager- responsible for associates, custom engagement, store sales.
communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Standing
Great getting to know customers and assisting them to find their perfect fit. Listening to great music, managers are very fun and easy to get along with.
Great
Clerk/Floor attendant (Former Employee), GalleriaAugust 4, 2015
Working here was one of my favorite things to do because I loved everything about the job. My co workers were friendly and the customers were the best.
EXPRESS is Amazing!
VISUAL MERCHANDISER- Set (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: discount, fashion shows
This is a job i loved waking up early in the morning to not only see what's new, but also to come in and work with my team. Everyone there is so much fun and the customers make it worth while and love everyones opinion.
Learned vauluable work experience to further myself in life.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
Express was my first retail job, I learned to be organized, a team leader, be efficient, and an excellent multi-tasker where I am now a more proactive and stronger individual. Although I do wish the compensation were better, due to the demand of work required of the associate, but the company does allow for growth for the individual instead of hiring outside of the company.
Fun
Sales Associate, Express (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: no benefits
Friendly people to work with. Cool discounts. Pretty okay flexibility with schedules. Very friendly managers. Had a blast working there.
bad treatment of employees
Cashier and stocker (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: easy department work
Cons: don't be a cashier or bagger. not worth it
they really don't care about their employees unless they are in a particular department. the cashiers and baggers have the worst job in the company. I've even seen some of them get fired for things they didn't even do. Ridiculous
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Retail Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 27, 2015
Express was a great place to work at. It was my first job as a retail associate and I did great. My co-worders were very welcoming and polite. I learned a lot about getting sales, how to work the register, keeping the store organized, and working the fitting rooms.
Temporary Labor Job
Labor (Former Employee), Fort Scott, KSJuly 24, 2015
Cons: It was just a Temporary Job.
It was hard labor work and very hot (weather wise). Constant heavy lifting. This job was supposed to last 4 weeks but ended up only lasting 2 weeks which was disappointing.
Was alright.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Longview, WAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: was decent.
Cons: Could be better.
The workers are very friendly. They give you information about one job and they send you only for you to find out it isn't what they said. They started to get rude and dont really seem to care about what works best for the people they are trying to "help"
Always on the move
Fleet manager, Service Advisor, Diagnostic tech (Former Employee), Cicero ILJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Paid Lunch
Cons: Short Breaks
Keeping customers happy in good work environment making sure our expenses are low so that the company may continue to grow
Not quite the stellar office I thought.
Various Temporary Positions (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCJuly 21, 2015
Behind the scenes, this company is not very professional. The goal posts are constantly in flux and micromanagement is queen.
Exciting, and fulfilling.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Rewarded with merchandise, or gift cards
Cons: Sometimes breaks were forgotten
Working for Express was great, I never had any complaints. The management was all very nice, and understanding. They wanted to see their employee's succeed, and rewarded them when they did!

Working there for just over a year, I expanded my knowledge of business, and how to communicate with different types of people effectively. I was taught the importance of money, and how to successfully market a product, while making sure the customers were also satisfied. I also learned how difficult it can be to manage others, and making sure to always be efficient when working with a customer.

My co-workers were all really nice people, we got along well and were able to be flexible when it came to picking up one another's shifts if need be.

The hardest part of my job, was being able to maintain calm and collected when things were stressful.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with other customers, and actually forming friendships with them. It's a great feeling to know that you're actually connecting with the individuals, and not just trying to sell them a product.
Productive and fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, Wi.July 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at Express my coworker and developing relationships with the customers are great. Express can be a positive job experience for anyone.