Express Employee Reviews

Not a good fit.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 24, 2017
I felt that the assignment that was given to me was a dead end job, where I would never be hired on. I found out that no one had been hired in my position in 3 years. If you want to be a temp for years with no paid vacation and no benefits help yourself.
Pros
Quick placement, interviewers are very nice.
Cons
Not a career. Just a transition job, until you find a 'real' job.
It was alright just had to move away.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJanuary 20, 2017
Was a great job, just not many opportunities or benefits. Don't really have more to say about it. I would wake up at 7, call and ask them what job place I needed to go to and what time and I went.
Pros
Got a decent pay.
Cons
no benefits
productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYOctober 28, 2016
Express is a very diverse company with really high standards. Management is very well managed and supervisors are very respectful. There are a few benefits and rewards for associates.
Pros
rewards, discounts
Cons
short breaks
Rough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 28, 2016
Tough hours, asked to do multiple things without be trained before and. Compensation didn't feel justified for labor provided. Staff was reasonably understanding, managers were hard to talk to and communicate with
great company but
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 4, 2016
I loved working for Express I was with them for over three years. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to a sales lead but honestly the work is a lot for so little pay. Great and fun company with good benefits but as far as paying their employees for how much work they do it is just not enough.
great environment for leadership growth with an awesome clothing discount
store manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 26, 2016
I loved working at express and helping people wardrobe themselves, I love developing people and taking them to the next level, I found enjoyment in having a goal and striving for not only meeting it, but exceeding it! On a typical day, I would set the direction for the store and then motivate everyone in that direction and do continuous touch basis with the staff to find out their needs and see what I can help them with to achieve the store goals! i was a training manager with in the district, training was always as very important piece of the puzzle for me, my most enjoyable moments was watching my staff hit an ah ha moment. sometimes i felt as if the senior management wouldn't listen to our ideas, which was frustrating as it had been several years since they had four walls to be accountable for or if ever, i would try to explain the practicalities of the business and ways that i felt we could troubleshoot it!
Pros
benefits, working with customers and developing talent
Cons
hour allocations and limited skus in smaller stores
Fun job with some growth available
CoManager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
Fun but not a career you will love forever if you have the will to keep moving up. It's fun being around young kids, most starting at their first job, however there is huge turnover and lots of constant change
Pros
Benefits for full time employees, paid travel
Cons
Awful work life balance
Great place for fashion and customer service
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 21, 2016
Company keeps up to date with current trends for fashion. I've enjoyed giving my input and customize every customer's experience with Express. However, like many jobs, there's always room for improvement, not just for our customers, but for the employees as well.
Pros
Occasional snacks from mgmt
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits for PT employees, low pay wages
Tough workplace
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2016
Not a lot of job fulfillment, long hours, low compensation. Many times a 6 day work week is required. Great co workers, really enjoyed my team
Pros
Travel, healthcare
Cons
No work life balance
unforgiving
Trailer Builder (Former Employee) –  Brazil inAugust 31, 2016
I was in a accident and they did not help protect my job No insurance benefits no short term disability offered no compassion nor any help with a bad situation .
ok job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXAugust 23, 2016
it was a ok job there wasn't much work in Lufkin, decent hours day shift only no benefits and it felt like you were paying them to have a job
Cons
no benefits
Fun and professional company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMay 1, 2016
Everyone just seems happy and proud to work at this company. Very easy and enjoyable job which explains the low compensation. Management is very caring. The corporation as a whole seems to really appreciate their people.
Pros
Business culture
Cons
Compensation
Great place to work and loved my management and coworkers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VAOctober 3, 2016
Every day was a lot of fun no matter who was working because we all got along to well. There would be challenges such as not having enough people to work that day because someone called out sick or a customer was disappointed because we didn't have what they were looking for in stock but I learned that at the end of the day all you can do is all you can do. You provide the best service possible and you make sure over customer feels like a guest. They should feel like you care by the time they walk out of your store. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to make people smile; even if they were just stopping in to escape the weather, I loved being able to start a conversation with them. I loved finding out how their day was going and being able to help them find what they were looking for.
Pros
Great coworkers and management
Cons
Not always having something in stock that a customer was looking for.
a day at work
Enviormental Services (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 23, 2017
fast pasted. computer skills.good management. work environment clean.learning new skills.learning new skills. helping company improve work environment and safety.
Pros
Cons
10 minutes breaks
The Best Retail Job Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PASeptember 20, 2016
My favorite place of employment has been Express. I love the co-workers as they all help each other out. The management team is always ready to assist and works with their team. The typical day at Express would include but not limit, assisting customers with wardrobe selections, selling additional pieces that may complete their attire, promoting sales and rewards programs, and most importantly providing excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job was interacting with those who did not speak English and trying to assist them to the best of my ability with a language barrier. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the customers.
Pros
Customers, Co-workers, Environment
I would say the best job Express Pros sent me to was the Reno Convention Center.
Competition Proctor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 30, 2016
I worked at print shops, a resort and at the Reno Convention Center.
The most difficult part of the jobs at one print shop and at the resort was the equipment the company provided was not very well maintained and made the jobs difficult to perform. I learned a lot at the Auto Glass week competition. I didn't realize until then how much work goes into replacing a windshield. It was interesting to talk to some of the competitors and watch them while they performed their tasks at the competition.
Pros
They jobs that the sent me to provided a great learning experience.
Cons
The manager at one of the places I was sent to was difficult to get along with.
Great Place to Work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 12, 2016
Pretty decent place to work if you are looking for part time work. The benefits are pretty nice for working for them part time. Never worked long hours and usually had days of just doing side tasks. Every now and again it would get busy.
This was a seasonal position but great experience
Advanced Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2016
My employment with this company was for only a few months but I learned quite a bit and really enjoyed my time there. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable with training and helping new staff members. The management was friendly and they all started from the bottom of the hiring process as well so they knew exactly how to do everything in the store. all staff had to do the same things in the store so you was trained in all positions if there was a call out you knew exactly how to cover someone else shift.
Pros
Great Employees and management
Great coworkers
stylist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 3, 2016
The best thing about this job is my coworkers. They are fun to work with. Management is horrible. They do not care about their employees. All they care about is making money. The managers mistreat their employees, abuse their power and can be quite condescending at times. The pay is more than minimum wage but is low compared to other retailers. If you need something that is quick and temporary and you don't mind dealing with the mangers then this is the place for you otherwise look somewhere else.
Pros
Build strong friendships with coworkers
Cons
No benefits, low pay, bad management
loved this place
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 23, 2017
omg nothing bad to say about working for express had to leave for family emergency but would go back in a heart beat
super professional management up beat environment always busy and always something to do
hardest things was all the go backs on holidays but management made it fun
Pros
fun busy hours
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval