Expressions Employee Reviews in United States

Whats most exciting about the job
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAMarch 3, 2016
What I enjoy most about the job is being able to provide great customer services to people and being able to help them with their needs in the store.
love shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIApril 6, 2016
get to know the latest fashion and shoes. you get to talk about shoes all day its so much fun.If you love shoes this is the perfect place for you
Loved my job!
receptionist (Former Employee) –  columbus, gaAugust 3, 2015
The salon was very energetic and an overall fun place to work at. We opened the doors at 9:30, I kept up with all towels, phone calls, clients, cleanliness, trash, hair, managed all bookings, and everything else in a salon! I loved all my co-workers as if they were family, I woke up every morning not thinking about how I have to go to work but how I was going to see my other family and all my little old regular clients!, I loved it at the salon, But you have to be careful with who you talk to, and who you think thinks of you as family too, because they don't feel the same. Found out the hard way a salon is full of gossip, and drama. Love all my salon family to the moon and back and would never think any differently of them, Just thought in certain situations that they would help instead of down you more, but as they always said at the end of the day its there "Bread and Butter" and its how they pay bills.
Pros
very fun enviroment, awesome clients
Cons
DRAMA
made sales greeted customers cleaned sales floor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  boston,maSeptember 13, 2015
Overall it was a good work place it didn't have enough order. The manager wasn't a really good person to be around he played favorites and worked with those he liked more
Great job while in college
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJuly 1, 2015
I organized, scheduled, and fitted woman and men in special occasion wear. Management, co-workers, and I all worked closely together to ensure costumer satisfaction. The hardest part of my job was that often times it was seasonal help. I enjoyed the being around all the gowns.
Pros
Helping costomers
Cons
It being seasonal work
Productive, fast working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 10, 2015
Each day you have a set sales goal that must be achieved. Some days are slow so its harder to reach your goal, but others days you're over whelmed with customers and its easy to achieve your goal.
Pros
Great environment
My first district manager position
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 25, 2015
Learned a lot overseeing multiple stores. I enjoy training and developing others. Its like being a head coach. Can be very fun.
Pros
I enjoy athletic footwear
Cons
Not very good work/life balance
Good place to practice retail management skills
Retail Manager/Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 22, 2014
Expressions is a place to learn and sharpen managerial skills. If your interested in possibly having a career in retail management this is not a bad place to start. Stores are usually small and easy to manage. District managers come from retail background and will support you in anyway they can.
Pros
good place to start mangerial career
Great Dentist in Great Location
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  East Lake, FLOctober 1, 2014
I liked that it was a privately owned. The Dentist is vibrant, wise, gracious, well rounded individual, with a beautiful personality. She is very active in the community and a delight to work with. The dental hygiene appointments were 40 minutes long.The office had very pleasing decor and is set in a lovely neighborhood. At that time, the position was only for two days a week since it was a new, growing office.
Loved working there in the beginning but the management arent very good managers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  boston, maAugust 17, 2014
Fun environment to work in, get to meet new people and see all new sneakers and clothes. Got along with my coworkers and made a couple life time friends. The management aren't very good, seems like they don't know how to do their job and they do things by whos their favorite person. very selfish
Pros
opportunity to get limited sneakers, meet lots of people
Cons
no commission, no time and a half, bad discount
Great place to work .
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 4, 2015
Great people to work for, employees are nice. The managment is very flexable when you ask for certain days off a head of time.
Everything that glitters is not gold
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 20, 2014
I was hired and put into the store with only a week and a half of training, but expected to know everything. Every company is run differently so I was unsure about what I could do and couldn't do when it came to merchandising. I felt I had no kind of support when it came to the questions I had. Over all I have to say this is one of the worst jobs I have had.
Pros
the potential to make decent money.
Cons
favoritism/unprofessional when it came to upper management/lack of respect for employees
More like hanging out with friends who need a little help rather than work.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, PAApril 13, 2014
A typical day was interacting with individuals with special needs. I have learned that those individuals are quite capable of doing ordinary everyday tasks and shouldn't be pushed aside or ignored because of a disability. The co-workers were all very good people and friends. They made it fun to come to work. The hardest part of the job was becoming attached to some of the individuals. The best part is all of the new friendships I have made and the many new people I have met.
Not the best warehouse
General Warehouse Laborer (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIApril 6, 2013
typical day starts and finishes with all aspects of receiving product an prepping to deliver.
I was never taught how work in the company I had to self teach.
Management left warehouse and the acting assistant foreman was temporarily promoted to Manager.
The co-workers could care less about the company but were a good crew too work with.
Hardest part is the warehouse, its falling apart and in need of a lot of fixing, also Office Manager plays favorites.
Pros
work with shoes
Cons
never get treated with respect, no benifits, $8.50hr.
Dedicated
Regional District Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJSeptember 27, 2012
While at Expressions, I worked a minimum of 80 hours a week, traveling between stores and the office. I learned so much, sales, leadership, meeting quotas and motivating the sales team in retail environment.
The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment I had by regularly meeting all sales targets.
I really felt and knew that I was great at this job proving day in and day out that I could always beat the previous years sales numbers.
Growth - that is always a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
sense of accomplishment and worth
Cons
hours
fun workplace with expressions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 17, 2012
A day at expressions was start counting sku's and keep self busy until customers came in and to always greet the customers once they walked in. What i learned from expression was good customer service and retail. Manager was good always made sure he kept us busy and focused the co-workers was good to work with. The hardest part working there was making sure you reached your goal at the end of the day especially most of the time we wasnt so busy. The most enjoyable day i think was everyday it was a fun but good learning job
Pros
no matter how many hours you was still given atleast a 5 min break
Cons
was payed bi weekly
Great Retail Expericence
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Roslindale, MAFebruary 19, 2013
A typical day at work consist of marking new sales and preparing new advertisement. Being able to give the customer great service providing for them the product wanting to be purchased any means possible. Being part of management it was difficult to encourage others to have the same motivation to do the best they can to make quota for the day. It was a very competitive atmosphere due to everyone also working off of commission
Pros
providing customers the product they need
Cons
managers receive commission also
Great organization that grew me as a person
Media Productions (Former Employee) –  Virginia TechJune 10, 2014
-The best thing about Expressions was it gave me opportunities to express myself in ways I have not before through poetry and writings.

-I was honored to record Expressions events and post the videos on the YouTube site.
Pros
-great atmosphere, encouraged creativity, great people
Cons
-meetings were once a week
Fun workplace with growing opportunities
Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 11, 2012
When having conventions we tend to get really busy and being the only cocktail on the floor for lunch can get difficult at times, but its a challenge I accept and love going through with. Management can be tough but that only helps you do better. I love the challenge when its super busy and the environment.
Pros
free lunches, lenient
Cons
short breaks
It was a great place to work and meet alot of new people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCDecember 17, 2012
went in and helped serve new customers everyday, learned how to do different things each day, the manager there treated and talked hateful to me, my co-workers are some real good people to work with, there's nothing hard about this job, meeting and helping new people
Pros
liked working there
Cons
no breaks and hardly no lunch break