ExpressJet Airlines Employee Reviews

Fun workplace, Fast pace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2017
Report to work an hour early, we try have an on-time departure.
Pre-check the aircraft, check the galley making sure the aircraft is cater and clean. Check all emergency equipment,making sure the aircraft is clean and ready for boarding. Briefing with the flight crew. Learn to keep all passenger to safe at all times, while managing my time before closing the boarding door. Meeting people from all over the world. Our Job is fun, full of smiles meeting people form all walks of life, but when we are in maintenance it truly hard to make some of our customer happy, when they have to get the their destination on time, may it be a wedding, funeral, business meeting that the hardest part of the job. I truly love working with the public.
Pros
Free Flights for my family
Cons
Short break, but we make it work.
A typical day at work
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
I enjoy working on CRJ 200, 700 AND 900's. The best part about working on theses aircrafts was that I was trained very well and I could fix them in a quick safely and timely manner.
Not bad just not for me anymore.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2017
The job itself isn't bad. You are alone with your passengers which is serene but the over all feel of job security, management and support is just not there anymore.
poorly managed
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
very poor morale amongst employees. Poor working conditions, long hours, little pay. Non supportive management. Company downsizing. up 16 hour days
Pros
the job itself
Cons
management
Fun and enjoyable
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
Company is small enough to where we were like family
Due to mechanical and or weather be prepared to sometimes
work long hours and could be on duty up to 16 hrs depending on the circumstance .
Management has open door policy
Training is very thorough and the department is always eager to help in any way
Be prepared to act quickly in an emergency situation
Be sure to know and adhere to FAA Regulations
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Downsizing
Great start
IFS (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Express Jet is an amazing company to work for to get your foot through the door in the Aviation filed. The experience gained as a Crew Scheduler , although grueling, was the best ever.

The pay is on the low side however the benefits are good so it weighs out.

Advancement is minimal.
Pros
Flexible schedule for balancing family and work... Benefits
Cons
Pay wages
friendly people
MX Administrator (Current Employee) –  officeOctober 10, 2017
The people that work here are very friendly. The benefits are great, but the pay is not up to par and the management could use some work. You do get to fly for free and that is amazing, however it is on standby.
Pros
free flights
Cons
poor management
Not the best...
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 9, 2017
Company is poorly managed, creating a difficult work environment. Great co-workers, but our quality of life has gone downhill dramatically in recent years.
Flight Attendant overview
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2017
Flight Attendant position for 3 years and 8 months. Regional carrier for Delta, Amercian, and United Airlines. Long workdays, work most holidays and weekends.
dumpster fire
First Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2017
It's to my benefit that new hires come to ExpressJet but I cannot in good conscious recommend my company as a viable means to advancing a career in the aviation field.
Fun place to work
Flight Attendant (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILLOctober 4, 2017
Love working with different crews. Love the people but the commute from Dallas to Chicago was terrible. Love visiting different cities and countries
Pros
Fly to diferent place
Cons
Stressful trying to commute
Company is struggling to survive
Captain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2017
3 main bases including the company HQ of Atlanta, are closing permanently due to being fired by DAL for poor performance. More than half the fleet has been reduced over the last few years, attrition is out of control and they are not hiring. Nuff said.
Pros
Not too many
Cons
Too many
It's a job
Lead A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 2, 2017
There is no training here. They just give you the paper work and tell you to get the job done. The hanger is ran by the mechanics. the management is what has killed this place.
There's a ping pong table in the IAH crew lounge
L.O.F.T Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Of the regional airlines, its the best. The other regionals are paid less and have a worse contract. If you have the option, go to a mainline airline. If I were to describe the bases, CLE and ATL is the grandpa's... IAH is the dad's, ORD and DTW are the college kids, and EWR and LGA are the high school kids.
Pros
The people, only certain management
Cons
Pay, benefits and lack of vacation time
Fun place to work at, at every base I was at.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2017
I really enjoyed express jet, from the day I walked into training, family was the word, helpful, great instructors, very helpful to a tee. Doing safety check as I board, did all beverage count, and placed were needed, tidy up air craft for passenger, checked all levels, again all saety, with briefing with pilot and first officer, for safety, hold ups, weather, how they like the air craft to run.I have always had great organization skills, but was taught express ways, of serving, replacement, passenger count, always greeting the passenger , like I had been waiting for them all day.Management was good, informative, showed you the ropes on what you need to do at your base, and how to maintain tour fam, much more than that. Culture was family , helping when you could , express needs, it was family .Geting it all together, getting things right for you on your aircraft, so no one as left behind.Being there, I loved this job, had been a nurse for so long, I wanted excitement fun, meet new people, and team work, family
Pros
Family bithdays, Baby showers, Food because we did well
Cons
For Entry Level Employees ONLY!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
This is a regional airline. If you want a career in the industry, it's a good starting place (5 years or less). A long term (10+ years) career has no benefits. No flight benefits, no medical, and the only retirement pay to expect is your 401k.
Pros
Gain experience in the industry.
Cons
Low pay, long hours, not the best working enviroment as far as cleanlines goes.
low pay
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
low pay and lack of career opportunities leave little option but to leave the company as soon as a job that pays better and has more advancement opportunities.
Pros
good place to start
Cons
low pay and lack of job stability
Be Warned
A&P Technician (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 18, 2017
Express Jet was a great company till it was bought out by skywest since then it is hard to see the company lasting too much longer with the decisions being made by upper management and their loss of their Delta contract
Pros
great co workers
Cons
out of touch management
Terrible place to work
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30349September 14, 2017
The management team has no business education and does not know how to run an airline. They are closing their doors due to poor management. They treat their people with such disrespect it is a shame.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
lousy management
Sucks
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Low pay, poor management, no career advancement, overworked all the time, no rewards, no bonuses, low morale, no paid sick or vacation time, no buddy passes, nothing positive.
Pros
Flying around