ExpressJet Airlines

ExpressJet Airlines Employee Reviews

Great Employer, cares about the employees
Manager Maintenance Administration (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2016
A typical day at work was completing the task at hand
I learned a great deal about the airlines and to be a team player
The management was awesome, fair and family friendly
Co-workers were more like family than co-workers
Working with the FAA was not hard but tedious at times
The most ejoyable part of the job was the people and the benefits
Pros
Flying Benefits
Cons
Raise increases, far and few
management operates on a fear based style
flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 9, 2016
Fear and hostile treatment from management. Always on defensive, rarely rewarded for good performance but severe punishment for small infractions, your word is not believed.

No contract for 6 years, low pay for work and time spent. Job duties expanded to more work without a pay increase.

Nitpicking on small issues but large issues are ignored.

Pets and favorites are a big issue with supervisors. They tend to bully a worker when they want you gone.

Rarely understands health issues and family concerns.
Pros
Benefits package is very good for health benefits
Cons
low pay, hostile management style, long hours for low pay
You do not want to work here, horrible company!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2016
This is by far the most unfair, racist company you could work for. Management is horrible! They are always ready to take disciplinary action to get you fired based off of things completely irrelevant to the job. They are not the same with everyone around the board. They are lenient and cut slack for those they like, and when it comes to those they don't like their decision is based off emotion rather than a professional unbiased decision. I am trying to save you from making a bad decision to work for this company.
Challenging
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
This was a challenging and fast paced work environment. Many opportunities to learn something new while getting to know your coworkers and management. Company has some internal challenges of its own to work through.
Benefits
Cons
Lacking leadership, low moral within the company
Fun place to work at, bid for your schedule after a few months on reserve
First Officer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 20, 2016
Great culture, friendly people good schedules, that basically makes it a good place ti start at your aviation career plus the opportunity to lear every day to operate safely and give the customers a great flying experience. The CPP program will let us advance in our career after a few years to a new level rewarding all sacrifices made on the first years. I truly recommend ExpressJet. Its a great place to work.
Nice fly benefits
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2016
Nice environment to work . Ability to learn every day with a new challenge poor Management training highly rotation personal.low pay rate
Pros
Fligh benefits
Cons
Managment
Flight attendant (Current Employee)
Flight attendant (Current Employee) (Current Employee) –  IAHMay 14, 2016
Been working for this company over 11 years. Been treated well. My day at work is fun. I love my job. We get paid the best regional airlines. Seniority gives you more flexible in schedule and a chance to make more $$ per month. From what I see and hear from other airlines...I think I am lucky I am employed with this company. The hard part of the job is when u see other lazy flight attendants who do not do their job and u have to do it. We get paid more than anyone in the regional but many of our FAs are so lazy. It could have been better if our management enforce the rules and discipline more. Everyone in our management is great and treat all of us equally. Our management do not take sides, they only take the facts. Our pilots are amazing. Almost everyone I fly with they are nice, courteous and professional. You will not see any discrimination from anyone. I am serious. You gotta see it for yourself. ^^__^^
Pros
Fun place to work, everyone is treated equally
Cons
No job security
nice way to start airline career
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 18, 2016
nice company, ability to make money. good travel benefits. met some really great people and learned a lot about time management. nice passengers, a lot of delays
Great Job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXNovember 16, 2016
I have been employed at ExpressJet for almost 10 years.... This job is probably one of the best jobs I have had... Flexibility, able to make decent money... Management is fantastic... There are so many pros to this job... Sometimes hotel stays are long enough for a mini vacation.... Our pilots are awesome...
Pros
Great crews, lots of time off...
Cons
Skywest is not a good parent company... We were better off without Skywest...
Wonderful company to be associated with to express my customer service
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2016
Excellent interaction with a diverse culture and people from around the world. Great experience. Great benefits and management was superior
Good work place, but closing Shreveport,La base in a few months.
Lead-Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 5, 2017
I am a Lead at the composite shop, here at ExpressJet Airlines in Shreveport, La. Our employees are great and fun to be around. Everyone works good together, but the only problem is that they are closing down Shreveport ,La base and the only other bases to go to are to far away from me and I am trying to get a Job closer to my home in Mansfield,Tx. I have been a lead here in the composite shop since 1997. This job has been a very good job to work , and all mechanics are easy to get along with each other and the atmosphere is very well here. I guess the hardest part of the job is Evaluating a part that is out of limits per maintenance manuals, and mapping it out , then sending it per E-mail with pics and a damage report of the damage, but basically this job is very easy.
Cons
Heaithcare is expensive, high employee turnover in Shreveport
Great Company to work for but....
Operation Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2016
Working at ExpressJet gave me the experience and the knowledge to work together as a Team and to work safe .The most enjoyable part of my job is working with other that has the same passionate to work hard and safe to get the airplane safely in the air and to get the loves back to their families on time !
Nice place to work. Entrty level stuff.
A&P mechanic (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 17, 2016
A good way to make some money and meet friends but not much of a career. Not a lot of money and working in heat and cold. Not much respect for car mechanics in the world either.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Not much of a future or respecrt.
Low pay
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2016
Being a pilot is not aa great career. If you want to put years of hard work and money in to a career that takes you way from your family and no guarantee of a living wage then go for it.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Poor pay
Fun place to work in, nice environment.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 28, 2016
Nice people, good benefits, nice environment. Overall it is good company to work for, all around the country. Fun place to work at, good mechanics and leads.
Productive and fun place to work with flight perks
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 29, 2016
Maintaining that a quality product from aircraft mechanics is being returned, to ensure aircraft safety in a timely manner.
Pros
Benefits, Great Workers
Challenge and Change
Crew Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2016
I have learned so much in my current position. I had no real idea what it meant to be in the airline industry and from this position I have seen the many intricate parts that make just one flight possible. Also being in this position has added to my confidence and how I perceive my own abilities. I am challenged daily but I continue to learn and push forward in a way that allows me to still be a part of a team but show my worth as an individual. We have an ever growing ever changing team and with that comes many changes and I am ready for change. I am looking to place myself in a position that not allows for continual growth but also for challenge. I truly believed that challenging someone not only shows you who they are but it builds character which can not only build confidence but productivity. I have come to know and meet so many great individuals and have built many lasting relationships. I am looking for my next challenge.
Started great, went downhill from there
Accessory Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2016
I started at the company about 20 years ago, we went like hellfire to get the planes out, and everyone helped, supervision and management would back us up 100%. Through upper management changes, then ownership changes, the workers philosophy has become "well I showed up for work...pay me...if I actually do something pay me more" because the company policy has become "do more, with nothing, and fewer people,for less money...don't have any fun at work...oh and it's your fault!"
Cons
management
Not a great place for job security
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 4, 2016
Upper management made promises that it never kept. There was always a shadow of closing from the parent company looming.
Pros
Vacation accural
Ugh.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 10, 2016
I worked as a flight attendant for Expressjet Airlines for almost two years. I was not treated very well, management does not learn your name and makes comments about being "replaceable". The compensation is less than you could make at Walmart. I love being a flight attendant but only use this company as a way to step to a bigger airline later on.

Best of luck to all.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExpressJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

ExpressJet Airlines Reviews by Location