Extend Health

Extend Health Employer Reviews

Typical day during the AEP
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 18, 2015
This place is recommended to those who love customer service and helping people. It has a lot of challenges but it is well worth it.
Wonderful work environment with caring, fun staff
Temporary Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Everyday, I would come into work, clock into the system and start receiving calls. If I, at any point in the day, needed assistance, all I would have to do would I.M my supervisor and she'll then, in turn help me figure out my problem. This call center was not like any other call center, they didn't care about how long it took you to handle the call, just as long as everything was handled as a "first call resolution" so that our client's would not have to call back repetitively for the same problem. My coworkers were always fun and energetic and always helpful when it came to client issues. The hardest part of this job was basically remembering to stick with the call script verbatim, and the most enjoyable part of this job, was the experience to assist the clients who called in and to hear the joy in their voice when you have helped them through their confusion and helped them understand what was going on with their insurance.
Temporary position
Customer Service Representative / Benefits Adivsor (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 26, 2015
this job was a temp with a opportunity to become permanent within a year
Seasonal job
Client Service Team (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: no paid time off
All jobs are considered seasonal. You do not get time off.
You answer client calls about their insurance questions. Make three way calls with financial departments, medicare, medicaid, and other insurances.
Fun environment but only a seasonal position
o Application Data Processor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2015
The only think I really disliked was that it was not a permanent position and you never knew how long you were going to be working there.
Great company!!
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTDecember 24, 2014
Pros: great management, awesome prizes, free food from time to time.
Cons: seasonal employment so possible laying off
As a Benefits Advisor, we would recieve calls from retirees from various companies to help their Medicare Eligible retirees transition from the group plan to an individual plan, most cases saving the retiree money. It's a very friendly environment and they have a lot of incentives to compete against each other for prizes. For me, the hardest part of the job was needing make the outbound calls to those retirees that have not made a decision or that have not contacted us. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the company cares about their employees and show it in their compensation package.
VERY PRODUCTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Operations Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch offered overtime
Cons: short breaks
Everyday you get more comfortable being on the phones and you actually look forward to helping the customers and enjoy being an advocate for the elderly.
long hours no compensation
Customer Service Rep/ Seasonal/ Temporary (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTDecember 18, 2014
i didnt like working there as their company was only seasonal and no full time positions with them. It was cramped working spaces and very little break times no insurance as well. there was no parking and it was not a good working environment.
Great seasonal jobs
application data processor (Current Employee), richardson, txNovember 10, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime oct 15-dec7
Cons: 30 minute lunch, parking, paid 2 times monthly
Great place to work. The job is easy. The pay is cool once you add the (unlimited) Overtime.

The only bad part is temp and you done have time to be social with coworkers.

Management is kind and respectful.

I would definitely work here again.
Will they make you a full time employee? Don't hold your breath.
benefits advisor (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: hourly pay and bonus
Cons: management doesn't care about employees, talent not rewarded
In general, they will hire anyone who can pass the insurance license test....and if you can't pass the test they'll probably still hire you for customer service. You are part of a seasonal and disposable workforce to them so hiring for talent or experience doesn't enter their hiring process. Therefore, management cares very little about employees as people; they just want butts in seats to handle calls. The people who have true talent are just as likely to get laid off at any moment as people who can barely do the job UNLESS they manage to make friends with the right people. I have been there for over a year working 40 hrs a week and I'm still considered temporary. The hourly pay/ bonus is good but you'll not get any paid benefits.

This is a call center. It's a nice call center, but there will still be call center issues (example: people having "intimate relations" in the bathroom).

But....feel free to come here and work as early as possible in the summer. They will teach you about Medicare, pay for your license and you'll spend about half your time relaxing and completing training until October. The other half of your time will be spent setting appointments. Some people come for the training, get paid for it, and then quit.

Don't come here expecting a full time job.
Fast paces and challenging with lots of fun.
Application Data Processor (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches and prizes
Cons: short breaks
Always so upbeat and fast paced. Received a lot of mentor help and great feedback from my supervisor weekly. Excellent meetings for team and open door policy. It was great to get overtime hours if needed.
Productive and fun workplace with pool table
Intern (Former Employee), UtahSeptember 16, 2014
As an intern I spent the first few weeks learning their technology, so I could do productive work later. The management is well organized. My co-workers were fun and easy to work with. The hardest part was trying to understand the limited documentations for their technologies. The most enjoyable part was taking pool brakes.
was a ok job and paid pretty well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 9, 2014
my co workers were fun to be around and helped me when needed, the enviornment was nice and was pleasent to be in.
Worst employer I've ever had!!! Management is Totally Corrupt Morally!!
Application Data Processor (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: mostly friendly co-workers.
Cons: nearly everything you do can be used against you.
This started out as an okay place to work, but as soon as I went to HR with some requests to help with my Disability, per my Supervisors insistence, The Very Next Day they wrote me up for nearly a Dozen bogus infractions. If I refused to sign the write-up, I would have been terminated immediately. Upon signing said write-up they informed me that the next infraction would result in Termination. Literally 2 work days later they came at me with Another half-dozen infractions and Terminated my employment. Then I had to fight with them for a week to get all of my pay and even threatened to sue before Finally receiving it all.
VERY UNORGANIZED,STRESSFULL WORK PLACE AT TIMES
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 30, 2014
Pros: decent paycheck and hours
Cons: temp job, lack of communication to staff
Pretty decent place to work for the Fall :( wish it could last longer... EH stress getting a licensed to become a Benefit Advisory but do a poor job of telling those who get licensed the stiff penalties that go with this license and all of the test you have to take to become appointed, and certified to sell insurance. Extend did pay for the license and changed my address to their office address therefore all my license and paperwork was mailed to them and I still have not received or heard anything else from Extend about sending it info to me...
A very productive and growthful place and industry.
Application Data Processor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: rewarded lunches and gifts for winning teams.
Cons: hired whoever didn't look very classy sometimes.
Work during the Medicare season was very busy but it made the day go by fast, I had very nice c-workers and an excellent supervisor. The hardest part of the job was managing and handling the feelings of the Medicare retirees about how they felt about being forced to change their insurance policies and company, but the most enjoyable part of it I was able to give them some assurance about their plans, life and friendship with the company.
If you look at all of the previous reviews very few are from the South Jordan branch and they mostly have a common thread.
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTAugust 6, 2014
That common thread is the management team is awful and always has been. In order to succeed and be promoted you have to know and suck up to the right management people. They have no people skills and could care less about your future. They do not know how to properly perform an coaching review session. There isn't any mentoring or proper coaching. There are much better places to work.
Good training and management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 25, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers and management, free food every now and then.
Cons: stressful calls
Extend Health is a call center for people looking for medicare. The work place is very pleasant and the people are great to work with. The training is very well done, I felt very prepared on the phones and the management does well to help throughout the season.
n/a
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
fun place to work. During high season in Oct thru Dec it is very fast paced.
Application Data Processor
Application Data Processor (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 17, 2014
Cons: not a true application data processor position
My first mind told me this position wasn't what I thought it would be, the job fair was more of a cattle call. No interview, just fill out paper work and a start date. Some people showed up dressed like they were going to just hang out. The training was rushed, with personality conflict. After training we just sat around and read the policy and procedure for another week. The job description sounds like a true data entry position but it's not. You spend 1-2 hours reading to the customer after they have spend hours on the phone with a benefits advisor. The hardest part of the job was reading to the cust the EOB after they had spent time on the phone with the advisor. These customer were 65 and older and didn't want to hear all the reading and going over the plan again. This was the worst job I've ever had. And the supervisor acted like they had to micro manage rep so they could become a full time supervisor.

1 2 3 4

About Extend Health

We're shaping the future of Healthcare. You're driven, passionate, and looking to be on the cutting edge of the Heathcare Reform. – Read more

Extend Health Salaries