Extended Stay Hotels

Extended Stay Hotels Employer Reviews

Loving what I do!!
Team Lead (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 24, 2014
A typical workday involves communicating with staff and guests, observing how well things are going, making necessary improvements in the facilities or staff, and always trying to maintain or increase the hotel's profit while staying on budget.
The employees are mean and nasty and always gossiping some even drink on break!
Housekeeper/laundry attendant (Former Employee), SanAntonioJuly 21, 2014
Pros: it is close to home!
Cons: no healthcarw
Stay far away or you will leave with extras in your suitcase!
No room for advancement
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHJuly 18, 2014
Pros: relaxed work envirnment, worked by myself
Cons: no room for advancement.
I overall liked my position at Extended Stay Hotels. It was an unsupervised positon and I got to work freely and at my own pace. The only issue was that there seemed to be no room for advancement and I only received one raise in a 3 year period.
Loved working with my co workers
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Midvale, UTJuly 18, 2014
it was my second job so it was a typical day. I learn about how to do night audit, my manager was new to so we would learn together if we didn't know something. Hardest part of the job was having to tell people they can't stay at the hotel cause there id wasn't valied
overwhelming
Receptionist (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: guests are nice if your an honest person.
Cons: no lunch coverage. no benefits. no breaks. dirty rooms
Worked for the company. They dont offer full-time, only part time. The surrounding area is scary. Runs like a motel. Never enough inventory making guest very unhappy for you to deal with. This job is more of a college student gig. They dont pay enough.
n/a
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 15, 2014
Responsible for providing training and orientation to new employees
Great Friendly environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 11, 2014
I had the best experience working here but pursued a higher education, I wanted a career change.
great job enjoyed the co workers and management I worked with and learned to use new techniques
maintenance (Former Employee), Lansing, ILJuly 11, 2014
A typical day clock in pick up any trash around hotel.
start my day with my customer tickets fix everything needed.
I learned alot such as how to use carpet cleaners, as well as other tools to fix parts or hotel equipment. The management was basically
fair and was very well organized, my coworkers welcome me with open arms like a family, and they taught – more... me what it takes to be a good worker for that company. The hardest part of the job was to multi-task completing several jobs simultaneously,but I enjoyed our group dinners and the fun we had off the clock. – less
A learnable and fund workplace
Hotel Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Bellevue WAJuly 11, 2014
The hardest part of the job was to provide great customer services and make guests satisfy with their stays.
OK hotel, District Manager never worked at a hotel.
General Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 10, 2014
District manager was an arm chair warrior. Hotel was ok and finally recieved a renovation.
I love my Job!!!
General Manager (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: small paychecks
My duties as a General Manager were providing an exceptional experience to every guest, growing top line revenues, maximizing department profitability and maintaining positive owner relations at the same time. I am responsible for ensuring that all hotel operations are carried out professionally, to exceed brand standards and at the highest level of – more... service. Effective leadership, training, coaching and motivation to engage and communicate with the hotel staff, supervisors and managers on a daily basis. As a General Manager I served as the top property leader as well as the hotel liaison to the corporate offices and ownership.
DAILY MANAGER CHECKLIST
* Leading the effective management of all hotel functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing the guest experience. (Stand-up Meeting DAILY )
* Responsible for ensuring that all staff and management as well as business decisions are in line with the Company, including the mission, values and guiding principles of the organization.
* Ensuring the maximization of hotel revenue by driving the sales effort and actively participating in the daily activities related to revenue generation.
* Successfully balancing the needs and expectations of guests, employees, corporate and ownership.
* Measuring the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts.
* Ensuring the development of a realistic strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability.
* Ensuring successful implementation of marketing programs and budgets.
* Coordinating capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image
* Reviewing and approving accounting and management reports.
* Comparing actual performance to planned performance identifies variances and initiates corrective action.
* Conducting staff and employee meetings.
* Directly facilitating open employee communications to discern grievances and to respond to these grievances in all appropriate manners including redressing those meriting correction.
* Ensuring all management positions are filled with qualified personnel.
* Ensures established procedures are followed for employment/termination of personnel.
* Ensuring that all hotel staff and management are in compliance with the training goals that are required by corporate and the brand.
* Ensuring that the "Open Door Policy" is operative at all levels and employee morale is maintained.
* Working closely with executive committee members and department managers to develop them both personally and professionally. – less
productive workplace with good management
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2014
For the most part I enjoyed working for Extended Stay America. I love the fact that I was able to have a flexible work schedule while still achieving that amount of hours that I wanted. Not to mention all of the staff worked together as a team to get the job done.
Nice Company
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: professional leadership
Family oriented company, work flow was constant, and comfortable to come to on a daily basis.
Awful Place to work
Guest Service (Former Employee), Bedford, TexasJuly 4, 2014
Cons: little to no structure, bad organization, filthy.
The team here was seriously off the charts. The person who trained me was on her cell phone the whole time, taking personal calls and ignoring the guests that were standing in front of us waiting to be serviced. I also noticed that the staff often took several breaks during the shift to go and sit in the back. There was little organization. Dishes were – more... all over the floor. Oh, and the rooms were filthy!. They have ONE housekeeper for the whole hotel!! I don't understand why this place hasn't been checked on by corporate? – less
Guests are a pleasure to work for. It's a friendly environment overall
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: socializing and helping out guests and trying to constantly improve hotel rating
Cons: no lunches given, lower pay, not enough hours given out. only part-time
I have been working at Extended Stay America for about a year. I enjoy the job, it pays some bills, BUT it's not a career. I can't see myself growing in this company. I'm looking for something that I can grow as a better person in. A career!
Very unorganized and has no team work
Night Attendant (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJune 30, 2014
Pros: meeting all the new people, and the free coffee
Cons: fairness, teamwork
I come into work to a nice amount of laundry. I learned how to do my job in a safely matter. Management is very quiet, Co-workers are excellent customer services. The hardest part of my job is being awake so late at night. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that the customers are satisfied with their rooms.
I worked nights alone so it was quiet, and sometimes work was over whelming
Maintenance (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work was Quite and tiresome. But i did learn how to work and communicate with people. management wasn't all that great was very unorganized I really didn't get to c my co-workers because my shift was overnight and by seven that morning i had to leave for school.the hardest part of my job was trying to complete my work because i was – more... over whelmed with job duties and wasn't able to get it all done.i didn't find my job very enjoyable because i had to work alone and expected to get some much done. – less
hard work
Housekeeping (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: not enough hours
would load up cart and go to assigned rooms to be cleaned. learned how to clean a room on a time schedule.worked with some nice girls
Enjoyed meeting and working with the guest.
Property Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: not being hourly
Addressing day to day issues with employees and/guest. Complete reports as needed. Complete monthly orders to operate hotel, weekly employee Schedule.

But the best part of my job has always been working with the guest
Working Hard and Alone
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: free muffins
Cons: management, clumped hours, not enough hours, alone when busy
The job has changed since I was employed there but this is based off the three months I worked. I worked three days a week Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On Friday I worked from 2-10, Saturday and Sunday 6am-2pm. Except for my first day of work, I was never even remotely interested in going in. The manager talked my ear off with every encounter. He was – more... flustered and unorganized. He was never around when I needed him the most even when I was still in the early stages of my training. I was the only person there when I worked. So even when I was on my required breaks I would still have to work even when I wasn't on the clock.The only people I really got along with were the house keepers and most of them barley spoke English. The hardest part, which wouldn't have been so hard if it was taught properly, was working on the computer when making certain transactions. There was nothing too enjoyable about this job. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Extended Stay Hotels

HVM's guests need not worry about wearing out their welcome. The company manages under contract¬†some 685¬†Extended Stay hotels – Read more

Extended Stay Hotels Photos