Extended Stay Hotels Employee Reviews

It was a job to keep me stable
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 24, 2017
My overall view of this company was some what unprofessional and lack of leadership. Very stressful environment to work in. We're given broken promises.
Horrible company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 23, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to the location I worked at per sé. It is a good job, only my experience with the location and the management I worked under left me with a horrible rapport for them.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 23, 2017
this company help me learn varies ob such as housekeeping, customer service, even maintenance. Its did require a lot and keep me away fro my family. the turn over i this company is at a major high.
Awful job
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 23, 2017
Worst place to work at. Management sucks. They make you bust your behind off but at the end of the day don't appreciate you.
Dirtiest hotel every. I won't even recommend guests to sleep.
No life
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2017
This company will work you to no end then tell you to leave. Benefits of working for this company suck. Stay away at all cost. If you want a to work for a company with no morals then this is the place for you. Help is limited when you really need it. Pay sucks for everyone below the DM.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
No life, slave labor
great place
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 19, 2017
great place to work staff was the nicest ever I love that place , they will even pick you up for work if you dont have a car. other than that, work was fun good
Work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 18, 2017
I work here I like my work crew & bosses hours are up & down tip sometimes friendly guest sometimes & Great ones that pay you great tips for your hospitality I enjoy
Pros
Bosses buy lunch sometimes
Cons
Short braaks
People don't quit the job they quit the manager
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 18, 2017
People don't quit the job they quit the manager. This hotel unfortunately is poorly managed and has led a few good employees to walk away and seek work elsewhere.
Nonproductive work place
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  I Columbus, GAMay 16, 2017
GM is very unprofessional & rude. You're gonna be used & mnipulated. I would never work at the location I was at as a team lead ever again. The general manager never works & lies about her personal life to get you to work for her
Cons
Short breaks, or no break because you're always on alone. & you can't leave the front dear
Stressful place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 16, 2017
A typical day consisted of many different things at one time. I would be running the front desk and doing laundry and scheduling the shuttle van for pick ups. I would also check in people and check them out on a daily basis, kept a till and handed out change.
Pros
constantly active
Cons
short breaks if any at all
Don't be motivated to succeed and work here
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 16, 2017
I started as a night laundry attendant with this company and worked my way up to being considered for Assistant Manager of a hotel in 16 months. The pay starts at minimum wage and stays pretty much there regardless of what shifts you work or your ability to do the job properly. When I was being interviewed for the Assistant Manager position I was considering going back to school to finish my degree and was told, "You finishing a degree is unnecessary if we promote you, we are going to give you a pay raise after all." When I inquired as to what I would be paid I was told they "weren't sure yet." Given that all the raises I earned in this company came in 5 cent raises per hour, I turned them down. They also did not know what the location of where I was going to work, nor did they promise me a set schedule.

The management of this hotel chain varies greatly from location to location. My last manager was awesome, my first one was so terrible he was fired by the company but only AFTER being promoted to a regional manager. Brown nosing will get you far in this company and the regional and area managers vary in quality from very good to unbelievably poor. Micromanagement was a constant issue.

The coworkers are what you would expect from people getting paid very little to deal with a lot of drama. The hardest part of the job was dealing with their failures or mistakes and trying to make it right with the guests. The best part of the job was that it ended pretty much right at 8 hours a day because they definitely don't want you to earn overtime.
Pros
If you're dead broke, they'll hire you.
Cons
Inflexible upper management, poor pay, poor raises.
Just work here for the experience
Overnight laundry (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 15, 2017
Management is the worst. I missed out on benefits because of lack of communication. You are over worked for the pay. Very unprofessional. Everyone talks on there phone all day and no one helps. Just go to get a check don't look for job advancement....
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Management is too relaxed....
not bad
Guest Service Relations (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMay 15, 2017
depending on your GM or AGM, it can be a great place to work. If your AGM or GM is not good, (puts work load on you, instead of them doing their job), then you have a not so good environment where everyone is stressed out.

If your AGM/GM is good, then your environment is awesome to work in. The benefits suck if your not a full time employee. As a whole, ive worked at worse places than this. It's an okay place to work at.
Pros
guests
Cons
not enough pay
extended stay difference
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Laplace, LAMay 15, 2017
I came from a hotel with more transient guests and I enjoyed that much more than the extended stay property. You have guests that stay in these rooms like apartments but when they leave, its difficult to get them back looking like new. Also, these are generally workers or people misplaced from their homes so you are more like an apartment community than a hotel that deals with guests from all over.
Awesome place to work
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 15, 2017
I helped with the construction of this hotel. Once the building was up and running I started in housekeeping and quickly moved to front desk... Owners then were awesome and the training was great.
Pros
Awesome business
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2017
This is a great place to work with the right staff a great place to net working and meeting new people they need more staff to run the hotels and help keep clean there is s NB need for security at Night and a better breakfast in. The morning
Pros
It has a pool
Cons
Not enough staff
Productive enviorment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 12, 2017
Productive place to work . Very friendly enviroment great communication skills with other co-workers. Managers were very helpful they went above and beyond to help me .
Extended Stay
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 10, 2017
Extended Stay is a very difficult company to work for. They expect more from you than what your job description consists of. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff and guest I work with . I have learned a lot of the inside of a hotel. A day at Extended Stay consists of making housekeeping boards, putting together the audit pack, and checking rooms in or out. Other tasks are completed throughout the day but changes day to day.
Pros
Easy Advancement
Cons
Not enough pay for the work you do, job description is not complete.
Management will make you quit.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2017
I worked for this company for one year and I can honestly say management will make you quit. They do not care about their employees. Only themselves. If it were not for the nature of the job I would have left a long time ago.
needs renovations and management changes
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 9, 2017
lots of turnover in employees as they expect a lot of work but don't want to train anyone or pay the employees who are trained and do a good job what they should be making and no real benefits.
Pros
conveniently located and hours
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extended Stay Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7