Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice company to work for but huge management turnover
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMay 5, 2017
Worked at corporate level and turnover was high. Innovative approach to patient care. Eden facility was nice for residents. Specialized ventilator facility.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
management turnover
a different experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAApril 20, 2017
worrying about losing my job daily due to sticker warnings of patients known to file complaints against staff for inappropriate contact that never exists, really puts you on edge. I worked 16 hour shifts with the most amazing people i ever met, the residents however made bearing the job harder and harder making false statements daily and sticker notifications on doors to warn caregivers of this to take caution. also always being short of supplies taught me how to change diapers with out having access to them.
Pros
experience, customer relations
Cons
inappropriate residents, stress of losing job constantly, no supplies on regular basis
SKILLED NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 6, 2017
Was a typical SNF Administrator position. Many hours required and many rewards from the lives you are able to touch. Hardest part of the job was meeting budget with the Union contract and low reimbursement from the public funding of the majority of the customers. The building was older than the others in the area. We had to sell the care versus the look of the building.
Pros
great staff
Cons
age of property with no updates
certified nursing assistant
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 5, 2017
Worked 3-11 monday through friday. poor management skills.Patients kept in rooms almost all the time. Expensive insurance.
Reimbursable Bad Debt Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53203January 28, 2017
Typical day was balancing accounts, working with Business office managers with claim billed. The hardest part of the job was collecting on old accounts. I enjoyed seeing claims paid in a timely manor
Pros
high productivity
Cons
Company was sold
Diverse organization
Regional Controller (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 14, 2016
Fun to be involved in such a diverse organization. Worked in a great environment with people very concerned for resident care
Great place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 27, 2016
Fantastic place to work. Sometimes a little difficult getting your schedule rearranged and would not give you the requested days off. Pay is the lowest in the wiregrass for CNA's
Pros
free lunch, clean facility
Cons
low pay, short breaks
worst place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2016
Worst company to work for. They don't care about the residents. All they care about is saving money. Always short staffed and not enough supplies to care for the resident. I would even let my family member or worst enemy go live there.
Pros
Cons
bad place. smells and short staff.
positive team
Social Services Director (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 21, 2016
Worked with a great team and learned a lot with the 9 years I was employed there. I worked with therapy and residents to help ensure a positive stay there.
Pros
free soup
Cons
management
What can I say? It's a nursing home.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 12, 2016
This place isn't for anyone. You have to have an iron will to get through the day, the coworkers, and the hours. If you like stress, awkward conversations, gossip, drama, and never sleeping, this job is for you.
the most enjoyable about this job was
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 22, 2016
I always had projects on top of my regular work, that allowed me to help out the department as a whole not just my job.
I would get incoming checks everyday and would split the money into accounts for our company but also those we gave some money back to.
Pros
the people
Cons
having a boss that decides my fate in another department that I only saw once a year
Rough place to work. Residents not treated fairly
cna (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 20, 2016
Did not like working here. trained to care and help residents in any way possible. then rushed and not enough staff to do the job...did not work here long. because I could not treat residents this way....
Pros
great residents
Cons
taugt to love our residents but exspected to do something else.
Friendly Environment
SPTA (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 7, 2016
All the employees made Extendicare a fun environment to work. This facility offers experience with many pathologies and transferring of patients
Very inefficient
Prefer not to release (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 28, 2016
Very inefficient.

Fire people due to organization's inability to get you a computer to work with.

No training at all.

Terrible mangement
Long term care
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHMarch 17, 2016
Overseeing nursing services for long term care is a 24/7 position. I learned that it is necessary to have meetings with Unit managers in the morning for going over resident needs and a meeting at the end of the day to ensure that these needs were meet.

Management was supportive and helpful with daily meetings and assistance with what was needed from Corporate. The workers were nice and helpful.
The hardest part of my job was the scheduling, but not impossible. The most enjoyable was the residents.
Was difficult to move things forward in my department
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2016
It was difficult to get management on-board with how important marketing was in order to do sales.

Sometimes difficult to work with others in the group because of control issues.
Pros
Treated all employes with fun things to do every couple of months
Educational, intriguing, and autonomy
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNDecember 3, 2015
Wonderful families and residents. Great place to build and strengthen your skills.Great state reports and great staff support.
Pros
Cons
Fun
Critical lack of staff
RCM (Former Employee) –  The Gardens On UnviersityOctober 12, 2015
I was flattered to be asked to leave Maxim and have them buy my contract to join the Extendicare team.
I was again flattered to be promoted to RCM from floor nurse.
The turnover of DONs and Administrators was constant.
benefits
Created meal plan
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 30, 2015
Help prep meal plans for resident and consult with the nurse on certain diet plans and more.I also created order forms for each resident in the building to fit there meal plan as need it.
Pros
Hard worker
Cons
Over workmyself.
Company failure
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2015
Low morale, poor management, increased workload with staff cuts. Previously used to maintain positive culture with company events and outings but now it's a workhorse effort with little benefit and low pay/raise freezes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extendicare Health Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9