Exterran Energy Employee Reviews

Trickle down effect
purchasing specialist (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioJanuary 6, 2016
This company has poor management and only cares about their home plant in Texas. They have centralized buying and the Youngstown plant was the last thing they were worried about buying for. Engineering drawings were constantly wrong, even on jobs that had been built before and corrected at the time of building.
good place to start
field service technician (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 28, 2015
good place to start pay is ok lower than other companies management sucks cutting hours no bonuses no employee appreciation or raises
Manufacturing
production worker (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 12, 2015
Company seems stable in the oil & gas industry, while some of our neighbor companies are having massive layoffs. Tough deadlines and busy work. We seem to be treated fairly overall.
Great work experience
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 12, 2015
Work schedule was to be expected for oil field job
I learned more in one year than most probably will in 3
Co workers were to be expected for working in the oil field but some were real good honest people.
Hardest part of the job was getting good training, most of it was being put into a lot of different situations and scenarios. However a couple of the guys took me on and taught me some great things.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being out and about, seeing different places every day, the windshield time, traveling.
Decent Place to Work
Capacity Planner Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
It would be nice if they didn't lay off half the staff though. Low activity in the oil industry changed a once robust compression manufacturing company into a shell of its former self.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Abysmal advancement options
Lots of employee engagement activities and food during the hloidays
Material Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 10, 2015
This company afforded me career advancement opportunities that were way beyond what I had hoped for or expected. Fairly diverse workforce, many people from varying cultures and backgrounds interacting and working towards a common goal.
Pros
Excellent opportunities for advancement, Wonderful coworkers and management
Cons
Nature of business is subject to down turns of oil/gas market and sometimes affected job security.
Review
Senior Security Architect (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2015
This is a great place to work, I have learned allot here and the management cares about their employees.
Fun place to work now with the company splitting into two companies there are more opportunities to do more work and projects.
The only con is that we are way under staffed, and if you are a contractor it will take forever to get hired.
Pros
Great place
ok
felid tech (Former Employee) –  Nunn, COSeptember 16, 2015
long days little help for new hires parts can be hard to come by but they do bomb kits for pm on over unit thats kinda cool parts our way at of thre way at the main office
Pros
tool alotment
Cons
old units
While at Exterran I became more aware of the industry equipment and how to be a better Estimator. I truly believe in the beliefs of the company.
Estimator 1-Production Equipment (Former Employee) –  4444 Brittmoore Houston TxSeptember 1, 2015
Exterran is a company that anyone would want to work for they have a great work atmosphere and they are will to teach anyone how to do their jobs better. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
great team work, further you knowledge
Cons
lay offs
Fun and active workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2015
Management was great. All of the employees were very nice. Room for advancement was definitely there also. I would definitely work for this company again.
great place to work
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Farmington,NMMarch 19, 2015
Exterran has to be the best job i had i hated quitting. At this job i was a lead mechanic and loved what i did. I did new sets maintenance overhauls and alignments.
Pros
great pay and good work inviroment
Cons
i worked 100 plus hours a week
poor managment
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 17, 2014
skilled work force low pay good benefits /poor managment/i work with a good team /our lead was a-1 corperate was the problem
Pros
able to be outside the box
Cons
supervison
Micro Management and Job Stalkers
E, H, S Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 19, 2014
Overall Billion Dollar Business that is very successful however has way to many top heavy management personnel that create havic that prevent programs and process to work as they truly should for specific cultures.
Pros
benefits, high salaries for a region who doesnt appreciate its folks with wages
Cons
micro management and up your donkey
overall great co-workers
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 16, 2014
co-workers are great for the most part. upper management on hte other hand has lost perspective on family and personal needs, and wishes for the general employee.
Not a safe company to work for with poor management
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 5, 2014
A typical day never runs as scheduled with so much BS from the management who has no concern for the safety of their employees, nor appreciative for the long hours we put in to complete our tasks regardless of the hours on-duty exceeds the safety time. It's BS that we don't have team work from fellow co-workers, and also lack of experience with no adequate training from management,. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for a job in our area until things change within the safety department, management and co-workers.
Pros
non to mention
Cons
safety, hours, management, adequate training
Good Company
Corporate Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Davis, OKApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work - productive
What you learned - Oil/Gas Compressors
Management - Okay
Your co-workers - Great
The hardest part of the job - Management
The most enjoyable part of the job - Co-workers

Good Company with great co-workers, Benefits and Training.
great co-workers, managment needs help
Senior Compressor Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Davis, OklahomaApril 23, 2012
Learned alot working there, very good co-workers relationships and fun atmosphere. Managment was difficult at times and doesn't pay enough to keep quality employees