Exterran

Exterran Employee Reviews

Buyer - Intermediate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2015
Work days included more work than you could complete each day. Managers varied from being motivators to those that were too busy with meeting to work with you on a regular basis. Co-workers were knowledgeable, and those with years of experience were always will to mentor someone who was ready to listen and retain what they had to say.
Good product, poor management
Project Manager Staff, Warranty Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good product, attention to quality, established local and international market
Cons: Two big layoffs in 2009 and now. Another layoff later this year is possible.
Need to prioritize projects paying attention to international where LD's can be applied. On time delivery must be considered and planned from the start day and not one-two weeks before shipping. Employee retention is another item that needs attention.
work
assembly tech (Current Employee), broussard, laJuly 17, 2015
Hard worker. Willing to get job done at any cost. Always on time and willing to work extra overtime hours! Stays focus has relationship with my co-workers.
Excellent Company to work for
Project Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible Managers
Cons: Going through hard times due to oil prices
I have worked with this company for 5 years, and now 3 different locations. They have been a great company to work for, and hope to continue to work with them.
Very Good Company
Process Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: Overall Good Company
Cons: Being laid off
From the day I started to work for Exterran, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I learned so much as a Process Operator about gas, compressors, hazards, and safety. I've built great business relationships with colleagues, and just had a great overall experience. The toughest part was being laid off.
Run Don't Walk From Working At Exterran
Former HR (Former Employee), TexasMay 19, 2015
Pros: Nice Houston Office Building; Very Unsafe Location - Greenspoint
Cons: all of the above: HR is a joke; reverse discrimination @ manager level up; 20% & above turnover
Company has and is struggling with their niche, very young C Suite down to Manager Level Leadership. Being spilt into two companies which is already a fiasco. Turnover from top down has/is +20% which speaks for itself. HR, Payroll, Compensation & Benefits Groups are a joke & senior vp & directors in roles not because of expertise or talent. HR has key diversity issues which allows things to run amuck bleeding into actual business at hand. Micro, micro management with very experienced, senior professionals receiving weekly "to do" list. Pay above market but turnover & lack of solid leadership & HR Group that only pushes paper is very well known in Houston; only means to get someone in a job is exceedingly high pay & hope person stays for at least 1 year. Life expectancy of company(use) predicted to be short.
Exterran was a very clean and enjoyable place to work.
Combo Welder (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: took care of each and every employee
The Management was very well kept and very supportive to all co-workers. We always managed to get all of our work done on time and had fun while we worked.
roject Manager/ Proposals Manager
Project Manager/ Proposals Manager (Former Employee), Houston TexasMay 3, 2015
Composing revenue-generating proposals for Lump Sum, Cost Plus, Unit Price and Incentive Contracts that range from$3M - $100M. Generate pricing for all product lines that identified Equipment, construction estimates, and contract negotiations. Worked closely with sales team during tendering to provide technical input during customer involvement. Strong focus on SOW clarity and proposal details. Identified WBS, resource loading, estimating job opportunities, and aggressive schedule. Completed customer site visit for site layout. Strong emphasis on customer service and proposal response. Active professional recruiter seeking talent at all levels, for all departments.

➢ Major contributor to process development for dept.
➢ Created continuous education “chalk talk” group time sessions
➢ Heavy interaction and negotiations with approved vendors for best product, lead times, and price
➢ Experienced International Team Leader & Project Manager
Micromanaging is perfected here
Staff Process Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2015
Pros: "None, all the Pros gone with the merger back in 2007"
Cons: Slave drive, not willing to answer the questions when we ask, constant pressure from upper management
There are some relatively inexperienced managers in the organization who don't know what they are doing. They are less concerned about the affairs in the group and the quality of work.
This is causing rapid attrition of employees…

NO ONE should have to work in an environment of fear and intimidation or retaliation for providing feedback. PEQ Director of center of excellence is one example of power kick and playing God with people careers. People are moving with their family across the country for the company and no need to be heavily handed with underachiever manipulating director who is much like a fabrication shop supervisor than a manager.
Run Forest! Run!!
Field Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Stockton, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Great techs
Cons: Sorry management.
This place sucks no life You donate your time Run No family time You must provide ALL your own tools Run No training customers will hate you cheapest oil purchased for expensive equipment
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
Data Entry (Former Employee), Brenham, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Employees
Cons: Univarsal and Hanover merged and created Exterran
Entered payroll, entered job descriptions, kept up with employee safety training, filing, dispatching of jobs to technicians.
great place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Pampa, TXApril 6, 2015
Ihave worked for this company for 5 years its a great company they make sure all your needs are taken care of. I would recommend people to work for exterran
Good culture and pay
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHMarch 31, 2015
Very good job! M

Manufacturing Management team is good. HR is over the top with political correctness.

Facilities are good, modern equipment, and a lot of sales coming through the door.
Great company to work for
Area Service Manager (Current Employee), Carlsbad NMMarch 18, 2015
Pros: treaded like family
Cons: none i can think of
awesome job! great people and great advancement opertunites.
would say this is the best job i have ever had. it is hard work but they will train you and guid you along the way. best company i have ever worked for.
mega huge company, we were just numbers.
Intermediate Mechanic, 3rd Party Offshore Division (Former Employee), Broussard, LAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Company truck, cell phone, tool allowance, clothing allowance
Cons: pulled all allowances and restricted used of company trucks
First job in the oil field. Started great, lots of work and great pay. Management was decent. After the merger of Hanover and Universal everything went downhill. Started cutting benefits and implementing ridiculous rules. My boss left and started his own company and I followed.
Very safety first
FST (Current Employee), NWOMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great pay, safety first
Incredible training and work atmosphere. Great group of people to work with. Management is the best I've ever worked for. I really feel like part of the Exterran family.
Good people poor management
Director, Global Talent Management (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: 9/80s though they don't have them any more
Cons: management
Very slow to make decisions; very political environment. Good group of employees and coworkers. People lack independence to do their jobs. The politics was the worst part.
Hated it
Utility Fitter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2015
Cons: bad management, horrible raises, no room to grow
I was forced to night shift while i was still enrolled in night school that exterran was paying for. Exterran later hired a temp back as a permanent on day shift without even posting the position for internal applications. I was told by a supervisor of this information and they agreed that they were at fault and still did not allow me to go to day shift.
Great company
DOT/Fleet Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rifle, COJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: wonderful benefits and co-workers
Cons: gas patch production, on the move all the time
I love this company! I wish I had been able to continue my employment with Exterran. We had an office of people who were supportive and engaged with making everything work smoothly.
Continuous Production with plenty of overtime.
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Alleyton, TXDecember 14, 2014
I mostly enjoy the friendships that develop while accomplishing every day work assignments.
Headquarters