Exterran

Exterran Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Shop Mechanic (Current Employee), Kilgore TxJanuary 12, 2014
Overhaul gas compressor units rebuild frames swing engines only reason why I am looking for a new job is Exterran is shutting down the shop in Kilgore
Great company to work for
Senior Principal Consultant-Oracle Apps/Core DBA (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2014
It is a great company to work for with many technologies , but the daily commute from sugar land to greenspoint is too much for me to handle.
productive
Process engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2013
Excellent employer employee relations and mostly enjoyable work environment
Quality Control
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHNovember 24, 2013
Pros: paid vacation and lunches.
Dailey problem solving in a high paced enviorment. Keeping records for ASME inspections of pressure vessels and piping.
Very safety oriented place for sure.
Code welder (Former Employee), Youngstown OhioNovember 5, 2013
Pros: safety huddle
Cons: healthcare and management
After reading some of the reviews and a lot of the same problems through out the company . But they should know the problems of having area managers that never been around a fabrication . They are just looking for a yes person on muppet strings . There has been ten very qualified tradesman left after six months of opening a new plant in Youngstown . They lied our wages after we committed going to forty hours of classes on our own time . Most quit a job to come there . The insurance is expensive . Which they lied about threw interview process. They have no integrity for a big company . They are hiring welders with six months experience paying same as us with twenty years of code welding . There is only twenty workers in vessel shop and there is three bosses . Two came from Texas and they are not the sharpest of needles . All they do is push you and they wonder why the quality isnt there . It was my worst mistake taking that job. When the human resource lady from Texas had a meeting with us and she said the turn over ratio 42% . If they asked all the employees at exterran Youngstown if they are happy I bet 80% would say no . Truth goes along way to employees and their attitudes . The state of Ohio government grants for training employees at exterran which never happened . Our so called master welder trained us . That's the same guy who has the highest failure rate on X-ray welds . They are sending him to school for welding . It's who you know and who you suck up to will take you far .
great place
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKOctober 10, 2013
Pros: great place
great place great work great people all in all was a nice place to work i would recommend anybody for them
Executive Administrative Assitant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brookwood, ALSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: great company and staff
Cons: lay offs
In charge of the field service workers, assigned task as to the wells, kept downtime report, recorded task and time, kept hours in E TIme, payroll, kept records for weekly reports as to well performance. Hired and processed new hires to include benefits. Set up manager meetings and employee meetings.
The employees are like family and we all work as a team.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: great hard working people.
Cons: healthcare expensive, and not enough training to employees when willing to learn.
The hardest part of the job is people need to learn how to communicate.
Backup Fitter Lead / QC Inspector (Current Employee), Alleyton, TXSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: to much waiting for parts
Fun and fast paced,with the ability to advance within the company in a short amount of time.
Good summer job, while still in college.
Preservative Technician (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXAugust 28, 2013
Pros: lots of hours, was only a temporary position for the summer.
Cons: very hot and long hours.
*A typical day at work included taking apart oil and gas compressors, spraying the interior with preservative, and putting them back together.
*I learned about the oil and gas industry and about the parts of a gas compressor and how it worked.
*I enjoyed working with my co-workers and my manager. We tried to make sure we always kept it fun, you have to when you are working 12 hour days in 100 degree temperatures.
*The hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat and the long hours.
*The best part of the job was getting the overtime that made for a nice paycheck.
exterran
Fitter/Welder (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKAugust 21, 2013
Pros: cookouts every other week
Cons: carry other peoples loads and fix other welders welds
good company to work for, friendly environment, nice tool room
Great Company to work for
Foreman of Paint (Current Employee), Huoston, TexasAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great learning opportunities
Cons: hectic schedule
Exterran is a great company to work for. Day to day production schedules can be rather hectic as can day to day activities. Over my time here that has been great management and OK management. I enjoy working with each and everyone of my co-workers, supervisors, and peers. The hardest part of my job, lately, has been finding a work / personal life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of my team and customers by providing a quality product on time.
Great place to work in
Pipe Fitter - Assembly Line (Former Employee), Houston, TxAugust 3, 2013
I love the nationality they have in the work place. You can advance in your pace. They would train you in whatever you want to learn.
Exterran's a decent company
Field Service Technician/Operator (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAJuly 11, 2013
Excellent group of Field Tech and Managers. Company is fair, willing to work with employees and encourage success.
great company but no room to advance and grow
QUALITY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Alleyton, TXJune 29, 2013
Pros: i do something different every day.
Cons: without a college degree you can not move into management
Started as help and quickly moved into QC. By working hydro i learned alot about the equipment and safety. I am responsable for many different inspection point through out the day.
Structural welder (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 10, 2013
Great learning experience great pay and helpful crew workers
Engaging work environment
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2013
It is a very fun environment to work in. There are lot of challenging projects to work on.
stay away if you want any kind of life what so ever!!!!!
spool shop welder (Former Employee), broken arrow, OKApril 25, 2013
Pros: mgmt is ignorant you can get away with anything on nightshift
Cons: leadmen jo
i worked on nights as a pipe welder was all good at first but after a while 2 years there was no opportunity to go to days the mgmt team there is clueless (all from goodyear tires) and the leadmen they put in place are just about the sorriest excuse for leads i have ever seen do yourself a favor stay away from the spoolshop there especially on nights go find a real weld job and take my work you will be happy you did
Don't do it...
QC Inspector (Former Employee), Columbus,TxApril 17, 2013
Pros: ping pong table in break room...
Cons: bad lifting and rigging culture
Don't do it. If you don't fit in to their clique they will find a reason to fire you.
STAY AWAY!!!!!
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), BROKEN ARROW, OKLAHOMAMarch 9, 2013
Pros: pros is they suck!
Cons: cons is they suck!
THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO HIRE ME FULL TIME AND HIRED ME A TEMP AND LET ME GO AFTER 2 DAYS! I HAVE 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN FORKLIFT AND LET ME GO OFF TWO DAYS? NOT GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. THEY DON'T GIVE YOU ANY CHANES AT ALL.

About Exterran

Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, – Read more