Exterran Employee Reviews

friendly & teamwork in the work place
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 13, 2016
1. work hard
2. honest
3. more friendly co-workers
4. learned to trouble shoot many problems
5. management was very good and impressive.
Pros
team work
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
overall I would say working at Exterran was great, I had chances for growth and advancement. I had some great supervisors and Co-workers
always on call for parts and not compensated well for job
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 5, 2016
good job, friendly co-workers, but the rate of pay based on the number of parts call-outs did not equal out. Learned a lot about parts and compressors but Supervisor didn't want you to learn too much.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
too many call-outs, not enough money
A compentent place to work long hours but well compensated
Emission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job is being away from home and family. Ive learned the oil and gas industry is a cute throat industry and you have to navigate threw positions to keep your job relative.
Pros
Payed well
Cons
Being away from family
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - Fabrication Division (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2016
Very good company to work for! Exterran has a very good professional work environment. The safety culture is outstanding
Enjoy the job and people I work with
FST SENIOR (Current Employee) –  Pampa, TXMarch 23, 2016
When the oil and gas industry was strong it was a good job. Work well with everyone here. Enjoy what I do and the training I recieved.
Pros
SAFE ENVIRONMENT. GOOD EQUIPMENT
Cons
HEAVY LIFTING, WORKING OUT IN THE ELEMENTS
Great Place to work.
P&ID's, Sales Drawings (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2016
Good location and a great place to work. Was laid off due to the price of oil, but would go back if called. I would recommend this company to all.
Pros
Great People and Very far.
Cons
Really far out of the way
Designer/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Alleyton, TXMarch 9, 2016
For someone that lived in Richmond, TX, at the time, it was an exceptionally long drive. Overall, it wasn't a bad company but the drive and the wear and tear mentally such a drive did kind of ruined my overall opinions of the company.
Contract
International Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
This position was contract only so most of the ratings do not apply. The position was for 6 months and I rarely had anything to do. I only covered for another employee who was out for surgery. I completed quotes, commercial invoice and billing.
Pros
Felxable hours
Cons
Needs more structored teamwork across departments.
Leading natural gas compression service compay
Field service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Exterran and Archrock they are committed to equipment performance and customer service. I worked at Exterran / Archrock for over 10 years and during my service I was allowed to grow in my professional skills however due to the decline in the price of oil I was released.
Lead Sr. Structural Eng (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
structured environment
productive work ethics
teamwork ability
flexibility in work
safety at work and within the group
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Short breaks chimnys
A Great Job
Screw Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2016
W hen I started to work with the company I had no idea what I was getting myself into it was a hard job but you get the hand of it and it just get better I started as a helper grinding,buffing, metal , and fab for metal brackets , learned how to screw pipe and installing pipe to the units was getting some hand on welding skills
Pros
company buys lunch, good benefits
Cons
n/a
Not best place have worked
Painter (Former Employee) –  Alleyton, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Company did not encourage advancement leadership was not the best.Shifts argued between to 2 all the time did not seem to want to work together as a team
Great place
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work, great teamwork and always willing to work with employees
Everyday would plan out service calls and issues with compressors and then create and send out work orders to field techs.
I helped to issue pay for field techs as well as answer any questions regarding any pay issues. Would help trouble shoot any issues with laptops, phones, and service trucks.
We had a great team of workers that would cross over to help if needed and worked together if any major projects developed.
Hardest part was dealing with turn over for field techs. Enjoyed everyday coming to work.
great company to work for
Administrative Coordinator, Fabrication Facility (Former Employee) –  Schulenburg, TXFebruary 1, 2016
This company gave me alot of free in house training. From there corp. office in Houston, and for that I am very thankful, all my training I own to them.
Great companies to work for
Account Manager Senior - Rental and AMS Sales (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 30, 2016
They have all been great companies to work for in the last 31 years, unfortatunately the oil industry has slowed way down.
closing due to lack of work
6G code vessel welder/fitter (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 5, 2016
exterran was very good to me, I learned a lot, had good pay but the facility is closing due to lack of work, there last day of business is march 31
Pros
good pay
Cons
closing
Supportive Corporate Culture
Corporate Sr Recruiter, North America Ops (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA and Houston, TXDecember 17, 2015
Exterran has the feel of a small company within a large, International company. It is easy to build comaraderie with those on one's team. I never felt compromised ethically while working for Exterran. The CEO is visionary and also down-to-earth.
Pros
Serious safety program, highly ethical company
Cons
Oil & Gas Industry - need for employees can fluctuate
I held a three week contract job there. The company was going through a split.
Messaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2015
I held a three week contract job there. The company was going through a split and I was there to help catch up on support Exchange tickets,
Pros
Close to home, Good work environment
Cons
Short term contract
all work and no easy days
Senior Field Lead, Supervisor assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 18, 2015
A good company to work for except the work hours were excessively long and some of the bosses were not very easy to get along with.