Extra Care Charitable Trust

Extra Care Charitable Trust Employer Reviews

productive , fun and challenging
volunteer (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGAugust 23, 2013
every day i start my shift at extra care i deal with customers on the daily basis by helping them make the their shopping experience better and happier. since i have been with extra care for nearly two years now i have learned a lot from being able to work with other employees on the shop floor to handling cash through hand and card transactions. the – more... shop is managed by the manager and the deputie manager, they are consistently keeping an eye on all volunteers and making sure everything is going smoothly everyday of the week.
me and my co-workers always give 100% to complete the task that is put in front of us. everyday we try to reach our target and improve for the next day.
the hardest thing i came across while working at extra care is that sometimes i cant understand some customers mainly because they either mumble while talking or i cant understand their accent or language.
the most enjoyable thing about extra care is that you meet new people everyday and that everyone is friendly towards you but at the end of it i enjoy helping people and its feels good to help others in any age group. – less
Nice place to gain vital experience
General Assistant (Current Employee), LeicesterJune 17, 2013
Extra Care is a nice charitable organisationn that looks after it's volunteers/workers and provides excellent training/career progression.
productive and enjoyable
assistant manager (Former Employee), earlestownJune 28, 2012
Pros: meeting different people.
health and safety checks,team talk,shop opening, re-cycling, sorting,stock issues,checking rota for week,shop work.
i learned administration, customer service.
My co workers were generally volunteers,probationers people on jobseekers.
The hardest part of my job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part was every day was different and meeting different kinds – more... of people. – less
Very good management and care delivered is person centred.
Persona Care assistant (Current Employee), GloucesterMay 31, 2012
Pros: examplary attendance vouchers 6 monthly
I start my shift at 21h15.I support residents in going to bed,house chores,catheter care and stoma care.I delier care to people who have dementia,learning and mental dissabilities as well as those who are not so mobile by hoisting.I also administer medication.I interact with out of hours doctors and district nurses when the need arise.
I have learned – more... a lot from management especia;;y when it comes to person centered care that we deliver.
I get on well with my colleagues,work very well on my own as well as in a team.team work is a very important issue with me and so is communication between staff and residents.
I cannot say anything in my job is hard because Im passionate about my job and love working with the vulnerable in society.I do get alot of job satisfaction.
Everything I do in my job is what I love.especially seeing how these residents and can still keep some of their independence with the right support. – less

About Extra Care Charitable Trust

The ExtraCare Charitable Trust is a charity which has Nursing Homes and ExtraCare Housing Schemes throughout the Midlands. In – Read more