Extra Help, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Don't use unless you have even less than McSkills
Extra Help, Inc (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 16, 2016
Office staff seems very disorganized. You walk in with an appointment, but you often have to wait for long times after your appointment, worse than a drs office.

Our local office also has a side business on the other side of the room, so they are going back and forth. Helter skelter.
Staff was often impatient and rude with the people coming in for jobs. I would be waiting for my appointment, and listen to them complain about having to deal with another person, another appointment, etc. Hey, it's your JOB. Perhaps you should sign up with a temp agency and find a new one!

Jobs are not actually matched/suited to the person or the requested job interests. Everyone is a number, a hunk of meat that they can push out the door. Never once did I get a job that was under my interest category. Mostly offering warehouse jobs, which is just like every other agency in the area - nothing special, nothing new.

I only had warehouse jobs offered, which I took for a while. But they were cattle calls, with no real appreciation or value placed on the workers at all. Definitely got the impression that if I died on the job, they'd just step over the body and call "next".

They definitely do not appreciate their workers or treat them like anything but a number. Communication is a joke - even trying to get your paycheck is a roll of the dice. They don't offer direct deposit, so you have to come to the office and pick it up. But they are closed on Mondays, you can only pick up during certain hours, etc. They don't notify anyone of checks being in and available - you have to contact them.
  more...

Overall, if you can sign up with a different agency, I advise it.
Pros
Found a little work, even if not in my field, Some paycheck better than zero.
Cons
Never jobs in your experience field, little/poor communication, hard to get paychecks, no direct deposit, poor people skills
inconsistent work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 7, 2015
Inconsistent work but helpful. There s not very many options or places to help. Halfway decent pay, shifts available. Laborers have to check in to see if there any openings, it s hit or miss
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Inconsistent work, not temp to hire
When you reach temp. service status.
Temp. Employee (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 6, 2015
At a point, temp. services are ok only if it would stay temporary. Companies are too willing to keep you at the temp. level. Its a shame temp. services are quicker to call unemployment offices for you not calling, or refusing a job that is an hour each way and at minimum wage. If all temporary placement services had the employee in mind and truly fit them to the jobs they can excel in, they would then be doing their job.
Cons
never fit the job to the employee. find jobs that are too far to travel and at low pay. no insurance, no holiday with pay, once placed in a job, never call to notify of a possible closer and a better paying job.
Productive and busy.
Warehouse Labor (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 1, 2015
The Job keeps you very busy throughout your entire shift. Management will work with you. Co-workers get along well with each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extra Help, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6