Extra Space Storage

Extra Space Storage Employee Reviews

nice place to work just bad location
Property Manager (Current Employee), burke vaJuly 29, 2015
over all good been a great ride. been trying to get south for some time . just not happening with this co. too bad love the work and co just nothing for us to the south that would work.the store down south do not pay as much and do not have apts
Always Something To Do
On-Site Property Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: None
Great company, you can never be bored. There is always something to do. You open in the morning, spruce up the property for the day and get ready for customers to come in and rent or pay for their unit. There is always something to do, paint things on the property, clean units, mop and wax halls, or clean doors. You might get help, you might not.
Extra Space Storage
District Team Lead (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Set open and close hours. Staying late does not usually apply unless there is a late customer.
The start of the day would be considered the opening where the site is opened and calls to opportunities are made. The company is in the business of storage from storing items in units outside, inside, climate control and also parking spots.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxJuly 16, 2015
There are definitely good perks when working for this company. I personally believe that they could compensate a lot better. Considering the fact that 1 or 2 people is doing the job of like 6 people. The main thing that I hate is working almost every Saturday. When having children that is definitely a conflict.
Extra Space Gives You More
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Lanham, MDJuly 14, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, great locations
Cons: n/a
working here teaches you the ins and outs of property management and the processes that storage goes through, allowing you to talk to several people daily
Great Learning experience
Property Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: great schedule
High level of training. Collection calls, and lease signing. Constant communication with tenants. Learn how to work on basic maintenance of property.
Must be self driven
Store Manager (Current Employee), Sugar Hill, GAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Self initiated work environment
Cons: Minimal training and resources
ESS combines retail environment with facility management. Although company emphasis is mostly on selling, actual job requires great detail of maintenance knowledge.
E.S.S
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), OhioJune 30, 2015
I oversee a 6 site territory and I am responsible for sales, leasing, auctioning, eviction, collection calling and site maintenance.
Customer Service
Store Manager (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 13, 2015
We pretty much do it all clean, lights, collection calls, rent units and sell merchandise. I have one assistance we both cover a 600 unit property.
Customer Service (Former Employee), 215 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CTJune 12, 2015
Pros: Just a great place to work
Cons: The cold and snow when checking units
Getting ready for opening, checking for vacated units, renting units, cleaning units. Ordering supplies and more.
How to push myself to excell.
Management always willing to work with you to become better at your job, plus help if they can when personal issues arise.
Co-workers are fun and energetic.
Saying Good-bye to the people I have helped and my boss.
Meeting new and interesting people from all walks of life.
Great Company but be prepared to WORK
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh,NCJune 4, 2015
Pros: Hours, Company morale, Bonuses
Cons: Slave labor, Mircro management, Pay
Extra Space as company is great! They're bonuses are decent, they're always giving away gift cards to their employees, corporate seems pretty down to earth and laid back. Just be prepared to be the maintenance man. Things a typical company would get a vendor to do they get their Managers/Assistant Managers to do. You'll definitely feel overworked and underpaid after a few months.
storage
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), central Valley, NYJune 4, 2015
Cons: hours, no holidays
very boring. Very rude customers. low pay. long hours. Not much room for advancement. Training is online classes and tests to run a storage company, mostly about cleaning. As a manger you are responsible for ALL building maintenance.
awesome workplace
assistant manager (Former Employee), sacramento caJune 1, 2015
manager is awesome, the easiest part of the job is the customers and working with the manager. I learned about entering customer inormation into the computer.
As a part time job, it was fun and enjoyable.
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Cleaning Units
Through my 10 years I became friend with each of my managers. We worked well together and had the same goals. Our customers enjoyed our professional handling and many would drop by just to talk.

The hardest part was meeting the storage rental goals. Storage is not something you can just sell. Customers must have a need for it.
Property Manager (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDMay 14, 2015
Pretty good job, good benefits and pay. The only downside is you are required to work Saturdays. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Not just renting storage units and selling locks
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), North Lauderdale, FLMay 10, 2015
I learned to facilitate auctions, prepare quarterly reports, and developed strong sales and customer retention skills.
Easy to manage. No boss breathing down your neck, advancement was slow.
Manager (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 4, 2015
See resume. To explain how the flow of the job went. Enjoyed working with co workers, they were nice people. Very stress free job
Customer Service Oriented
Site Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Onsite housing
Cons: n/a
I worked hard to get this job initially because ESS is a National Corp. and the largest in the Industry. I knew they would provide additional stability and education in this field. They stress the value of Customer Service, and teach us how to present ourselves to the customer from the moment a customer walks in the door.
I also like the "open door" policy, and the support system set in place for day to day issues that may arise. ESS encourages their Managers to share information with each other. There are contests and challenges between the Districts that motivate us to be fully charged and competitive.
The hard part about this job that I was not aware of is that there is no maintenance help at these facilities, meaning that the Manager is fully responsible for all maintenance repairs. This sometimes puts me on a ladder cleaning gutters or painting, while my office is unattended. At this facility, I have almost 730 roll-up garage doors that I'm expected to wash by hand.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer, and the success of my hard work when the facility grows in revenue and occupancy.
was awesome to live on site, but pay was nothing and there is no job security . when you lose your job you lose your house
Site Property Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, coloradoApril 6, 2015
learned management. Learn to better multi task with being in charge of so many different aspects of the job . budgeting, finances
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Round Lake, ILMarch 27, 2015
Best job i've ever had. Great people, great corporate structure, if i could go back I would. If only they come back to illinois.

1 2 3 4 5

About Extra Space Storage

Extra Space Storage® Inc. (NYSE: EXR) is a real estate investment trust based in Salt Lake City, Utah with regional offices – Read more

Extra Space Storage Salaries