Extra Space Storage

Extra Space Storage Employee Reviews

Amazing company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CaliforniaAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time at extra space storage. My fellow coworkers, Dm etc. Fast pace environment. I would still work for the company if they had locations in Maine.
Great Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Yorktown Heights, NYAugust 21, 2015
very good place to work for. The staff is wonderful and made the customers very comfortable in the work environment. Will recommend this place for anyones storage needs
Horrible management
Manager (Former Employee), San Bernardino CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Management, healthcare
Worst company I've ever worked for. Management only cares about making quotas. They will work you into the ground and make you work alone in the ghetto. Healthcare is expensive and lousy.
Fun working enviroment, with upper management support
Assistant Store Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: clean working enviroment, excellent training
Cons: Insurance payments were very high, Only met corporate once a yr
Working for Extra Space Store was a pleasant experience. I thoroughly appreciated the extensive training My district manager was extremely helpful to create a fun working environment and our district mtgs were always a fun learning experience. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Great workplace!!!
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 9, 2015
Great workplace. Great compensation and benefits. If you like helping people and being rewarded for your efforts ESS is a place you should apply.
nice place to work just bad location
Property Manager (Current Employee), burke vaJuly 29, 2015
over all good been a great ride. been trying to get south for some time . just not happening with this co. too bad love the work and co just nothing for us to the south that would work.the store down south do not pay as much and do not have apts
Always Something To Do
On-Site Property Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: None
Great company, you can never be bored. There is always something to do. You open in the morning, spruce up the property for the day and get ready for customers to come in and rent or pay for their unit. There is always something to do, paint things on the property, clean units, mop and wax halls, or clean doors. You might get help, you might not.
Extra Space Storage
District Team Lead (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Set open and close hours. Staying late does not usually apply unless there is a late customer.
The start of the day would be considered the opening where the site is opened and calls to opportunities are made. The company is in the business of storage from storing items in units outside, inside, climate control and also parking spots.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxJuly 16, 2015
There are definitely good perks when working for this company. I personally believe that they could compensate a lot better. Considering the fact that 1 or 2 people is doing the job of like 6 people. The main thing that I hate is working almost every Saturday. When having children that is definitely a conflict.
Extra Space Gives You More
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Lanham, MDJuly 14, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, great locations
Cons: n/a
working here teaches you the ins and outs of property management and the processes that storage goes through, allowing you to talk to several people daily
Great Learning experience
Property Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: great schedule
High level of training. Collection calls, and lease signing. Constant communication with tenants. Learn how to work on basic maintenance of property.
Must be self driven
Store Manager (Current Employee), Sugar Hill, GAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Self initiated work environment
Cons: Minimal training and resources
ESS combines retail environment with facility management. Although company emphasis is mostly on selling, actual job requires great detail of maintenance knowledge.
E.S.S
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), OhioJune 30, 2015
I oversee a 6 site territory and I am responsible for sales, leasing, auctioning, eviction, collection calling and site maintenance.
Customer Service
Store Manager (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 13, 2015
We pretty much do it all clean, lights, collection calls, rent units and sell merchandise. I have one assistance we both cover a 600 unit property.
Customer Service (Former Employee), 215 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CTJune 12, 2015
Pros: Just a great place to work
Cons: The cold and snow when checking units
Getting ready for opening, checking for vacated units, renting units, cleaning units. Ordering supplies and more.
How to push myself to excell.
Management always willing to work with you to become better at your job, plus help if they can when personal issues arise.
Co-workers are fun and energetic.
Saying Good-bye to the people I have helped and my boss.
Meeting new and interesting people from all walks of life.
Great Company but be prepared to WORK
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh,NCJune 4, 2015
Pros: Hours, Company morale, Bonuses
Cons: Slave labor, Mircro management, Pay
Extra Space as company is great! They're bonuses are decent, they're always giving away gift cards to their employees, corporate seems pretty down to earth and laid back. Just be prepared to be the maintenance man. Things a typical company would get a vendor to do they get their Managers/Assistant Managers to do. You'll definitely feel overworked and underpaid after a few months.
storage
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), central Valley, NYJune 4, 2015
Cons: hours, no holidays
very boring. Very rude customers. low pay. long hours. Not much room for advancement. Training is online classes and tests to run a storage company, mostly about cleaning. As a manger you are responsible for ALL building maintenance.
awesome workplace
assistant manager (Former Employee), sacramento caJune 1, 2015
manager is awesome, the easiest part of the job is the customers and working with the manager. I learned about entering customer inormation into the computer.
As a part time job, it was fun and enjoyable.
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Cleaning Units
Through my 10 years I became friend with each of my managers. We worked well together and had the same goals. Our customers enjoyed our professional handling and many would drop by just to talk.

The hardest part was meeting the storage rental goals. Storage is not something you can just sell. Customers must have a need for it.
Property Manager (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDMay 14, 2015
Pretty good job, good benefits and pay. The only downside is you are required to work Saturdays. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Headquarters