Sales Director (Former Employee) – Remote – January 31, 2017
Company needs to diversify from core switch products that are commoditized and margins are challenged with most sales in education. Have good software offering but field doesn't sell it and nobody buying it.
they pay well
core products are me too, too much revenue in education
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) – San Jose, CA – August 19, 2016
Money was great. Massive exodus of E-staff and upper management going on right now. Overall the CEO has done a good job of increasing sales and revenue. People and Working Together culture has fallen to the way side.
Productive and Fun place to work, Gourmet Chef/Cafeteria, Great Pay and Benefits
Central Region Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) – Santa Clara, CA – November 20, 2015
Great company to work for while I was working there. Work hard and immediately reap the benefits. Management was respectful. The other perks included a cafeteria with a gourmet chef, games, parties, stocks, bonuses. Great work/life balance when you're young and willing to put in the extra hours in order to enjoy the benefits of a - at the time - fast growing company.
Finance Employee (Current Employee) – San Jose, CA – June 6, 2015
Management does not understand what workers do and make decisions without the full knowledge of the ramification of those decisions. Minimal employee development and no chance for advancement. Low salary
Hard working friendly co workers
Management does not know names of employees and makes no effort to know them
- Checked email and responded as needed. Sorted out top list to do and worked on the higher priority tasks.
- Created software package image via DVD and USB, then installed in the related appliances. Created virtual machines for both linux and windows with software applications for testing usage. Utilized some tools in generating/monitoring/analyzing network events and flow data. Integrating testing the with various products. Communicate remotely with development and customer support engineers.
- Management had lots of meetings and looked busy with multiple projects in mind
- Worked individually and communicated as necessary
- Lack hardware resources in building up my test bed as the budget is limited. Encountered disk space full and not enough memory in my testing systems.
- Enjoy the announcement for the release of the software package or patch that I've tested/verified. Viewed the software got posted to the web side for customers to download.
Friday afternoon free snacks and drinks
Small kitchen and limited microwaves for lunch usage
fun fast paced workplace, free bottled drinks at the start
Sr. Product Dev. Test Engineer, NPI/MTS (Former Employee) – Santa Clara, CA – February 16, 2015
typical day is busy learned at lot about leading edge new product design & applications management was fine co-workers were engaging hardest part of the job when problem arises most enjoyable part of the job is successful product roll out
• Responsible for the general safety and security of the facility. • Communicate all pertinent facilities information and issues to management as appropriate. • Responds to Sales Force remedy ticket system requests. • Responsible for handling shipping and receiving documentation and request (domestic and international). • Supports facilities logistics processes and maintenance inspection processes. • Regularly inspect all equipment for proper operation and functionality. • Responsible for HVAC and 400kw Genets Generator maintenance and inspections to assure proper and safe system operations. • Prepares and submits requests for inventory purposes. • Responds to all emergency facility service requests in an efficient and timely manner. • Responsible for handling and completing all daily maintenance requests and tasks. • Inspects fire alarms and Nitration System to prevent fires and water leaks in the company Data Center.
I bring positive energy and eager to share new ideas with Extreme employees and receive great feed back from customers.
great place to work, positive employees, learning something new everyday
Design, Implementation and Support for all Extreme products and solutions
Professional Services Engineer (Current Employee) – National travel – January 15, 2015
Very technical and challenging position. Travel to a different customer with different IT challenges every week. I am part of a Nation wide team that supports all aspects of the Extreme products and Solutions. Interface with the customers IT staff, develop designs, implementation plans and schedules. Perform all aspects of the implementation plan related to technical tasks for Extreme products and Solutions. Assist customer with non-Extreme product when required.
Inside Sales & Service Rep (Former Employee) – Santa Clara, CA – October 29, 2014
I enjoyed working with Extreme. They really threw you in the position fast and you were on your own to learn the way of sales. I liked that this company left you along to work as you can with no micro management. I enjoyed working with the other sales reps and the atmosphere of the sales department.
The management was very small and while I was there I was only a contractor. My position was not a perm position because of the budget cuts so I was not hired perm.
Freight Auditor (Former Employee) – Santa Clara, CA – April 2, 2014
My corporate career took off as soon as I started here w/ Extreme Networks. I learned how to read the tariffs, audit freight invoices, hold meetings and keeping them on schedule and on topic, spoke in front of over 400 employees. I loved the work environment here. Management strived to make sure work gets done but to also balance from life and work.