Extreme Networks Employee Reviews

Inconsistent strategy, weak Exec. management
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 31, 2017
Company needs to diversify from core switch products that are commoditized and margins are challenged with most sales in education. Have good software offering but field doesn't sell it and nobody buying it.
Pros
they pay well
Cons
core products are me too, too much revenue in education
Great Culture
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 23, 2017
Extreme Networks is a great place to work. I've had a great balance for my personal and work life. Management was very relaxed. They do not micro manage at all.
Challenging/ Allowance for Risk taking
Director of Corporate Servives (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 9, 2016
frequent executive changes causing multiple changes in direction, great coworkers, boundless opportunities, not sure of the direction the company is going
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Frequent global travel
Great Place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 1, 2016
It is a great place to work. It is like a startup with almost no politics and work hard play hard approch. Will definitely recommend this place to work.
Good Money/Sad Culture
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 19, 2016
Money was great. Massive exodus of E-staff and upper management going on right now. Overall the CEO has done a good job of increasing sales and revenue. People and Working Together culture has fallen to the way side.
Productive and Fun place to work, Gourmet Chef/Cafeteria, Great Pay and Benefits
Central Region Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 20, 2015
Great company to work for while I was working there. Work hard and immediately reap the benefits. Management was respectful. The other perks included a cafeteria with a gourmet chef, games, parties, stocks, bonuses. Great work/life balance when you're young and willing to put in the extra hours in order to enjoy the benefits of a - at the time - fast growing company.
Stock Price
Senior Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2015
Can we ever recover from our low stock price. Management turn over at the top. Can we recover? No focus or direction. Lay offs have created big gaps in many areas.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Stock price and lack of direction from Exec Leadership
Extreme Networks
Finance Employee (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 6, 2015
Management does not understand what workers do and make decisions without the full knowledge of the ramification of those decisions.
Minimal employee development and no chance for advancement.
Low salary
Pros
Hard working friendly co workers
Cons
Management does not know names of employees and makes no effort to know them
Good Place to work before extreme purchased enterasys
Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 2, 2015
Good company, was doing very well until they were bought out by extreme networks. Now they will outsource all the work to India
Pros
free snacks and coffee
Cons
no room for improvement
It's very good company overall.
QA SW Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 2, 2015
- Checked email and responded as needed. Sorted out top list to do and worked on the higher priority tasks.

- Created software package image via DVD and USB, then installed in the related appliances. Created virtual machines for both linux and windows with software applications for testing usage. Utilized some tools in generating/monitoring/analyzing network events and flow data. Integrating testing the with various products. Communicate remotely with development and customer support engineers.

- Management had lots of meetings and looked busy with multiple projects in mind

- Worked individually and communicated as necessary

- Lack hardware resources in building up my test bed as the budget is limited. Encountered disk space full and not enough memory in my testing systems.

- Enjoy the announcement for the release of the software package or patch that I've tested/verified. Viewed the software got posted to the web side for customers to download.
Pros
Friday afternoon free snacks and drinks
Cons
Small kitchen and limited microwaves for lunch usage

Want to know more about Extreme Networks?

Ask a question
fun fast paced workplace, free bottled drinks at the start
Sr. Product Dev. Test Engineer, NPI/MTS (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 16, 2015
typical day is busy
learned at lot about leading edge new product design & applications
management was fine
co-workers were engaging
hardest part of the job when problem arises
most enjoyable part of the job is successful product roll out
Mechanical Engineer INtern
MECHANICAL ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 5, 2015
Enterasys (Now Extreme Networks) was a great place to work. Not a high pace environment. It was a little to slow for my liking but overall it is a great place to work. Great people and great culture.
Productive work environment with positive out come where their is room to grown mentally and spiritual.
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2015
• Responsible for the general safety and security of the facility.
• Communicate all pertinent facilities information and issues to management as appropriate.
• Responds to Sales Force remedy ticket system requests.
• Responsible for handling shipping and receiving documentation and request (domestic and international).
• Supports facilities logistics processes and maintenance inspection processes.
• Regularly inspect all equipment for proper operation and functionality.
• Responsible for HVAC and 400kw Genets Generator maintenance and inspections to assure proper and safe system operations.
• Prepares and submits requests for inventory purposes.
• Responds to all emergency facility service requests in an efficient and timely manner.
• Responsible for handling and completing all daily maintenance requests and tasks.
• Inspects fire alarms and Nitration System to prevent fires and water leaks in the company Data Center.

I bring positive energy and eager to share new ideas with Extreme employees and receive great feed back from customers.
Pros
great place to work, positive employees, learning something new everyday
Cons
Seeking full time empoloyment
Design, Implementation and Support for all Extreme products and solutions
Professional Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  National travelJanuary 15, 2015
Very technical and challenging position. Travel to a different customer with different IT challenges every week. I am part of a Nation wide team that supports all aspects of the Extreme products and Solutions. Interface with the customers IT staff, develop designs, implementation plans and schedules. Perform all aspects of the implementation plan related to technical tasks for Extreme products and Solutions. Assist customer with non-Extreme product when required.
Very independant working company
Inside Sales & Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 29, 2014
I enjoyed working with Extreme. They really threw you in the position fast and you were on your own to learn the way of sales. I liked that this company left you along to work as you can with no micro management. I enjoyed working with the other sales reps and the atmosphere of the sales department.

The management was very small and while I was there I was only a contractor. My position was not a perm position because of the budget cuts so I was not hired perm.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Temp
Logistics Coordinator
Freight Auditor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 2, 2014
My corporate career took off as soon as I started here w/ Extreme Networks. I learned how to read the tariffs, audit freight invoices, hold meetings and keeping them on schedule and on topic, spoke in front of over 400 employees. I loved the work environment here. Management strived to make sure work gets done but to also balance from life and work.
Pros
Career Advancements
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2014
Great culture and benefits.
Great team atmosphere and people to work with.
productive workplace
Customer Support Manager (Current Employee) –  morrisvilleFebruary 11, 2014
highly motivated workplace. that constantly feeds not only your stomach but your thirst of knowledge.
Pros
free lunch, supported management (specific managers)
Cons
keeps bad managers in their jobs for too long. takes too long to get rid of them
I was Desktop Support
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 27, 2013
Went in the morning and looked at my list of what needed to be done. Started my task and would finish as soon as possible. I enjoyed my days because this is the work I loved!
Fun place to work,
Inside Channel Account Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Durham (RTP), NCMay 21, 2013
Good place to work, not a lot of communication from the top. Flexibility was great. Learned a lot, was able really tighten up my skills and experience.
Pros
fun place to work, flexible
Cons
not a lot of communication from the top

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extreme Networks. Our community is ready to answer.