Extreme Networks

Extreme Networks Employer Reviews

fun fast paced workplace, free bottled drinks at the start
Sr. Product Dev. Test Engineer, NPI/MTS (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 16, 2015
typical day is busy
learned at lot about leading edge new product design & applications
management was fine
co-workers were engaging
hardest part of the job when problem arises
most enjoyable part of the job is successful product roll out
Mechanical Engineer INtern
MECHANICAL ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee), Salem, NHFebruary 5, 2015
Enterasys (Now Extreme Networks) was a great place to work. Not a high pace environment. It was a little to slow for my liking but overall it is a great place to work. Great people and great culture.
Productive work environment with positive out come where their is room to grown mentally and spiritual.
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great place to work, positive employees, learning something new everyday
Cons: seeking full time empoloyment
• Responsible for the general safety and security of the facility.
• Communicate all pertinent facilities information and issues to management as appropriate.
• Responds to Sales Force remedy ticket system requests.
• Responsible for handling shipping and receiving documentation and request (domestic and international).
• Supports facilities logistics processes and maintenance inspection processes.
• Regularly inspect all equipment for proper operation and functionality.
• Responsible for HVAC and 400kw Genets Generator maintenance and inspections to assure proper and safe system operations.
• Prepares and submits requests for inventory purposes.
• Responds to all emergency facility service requests in an efficient and timely manner.
• Responsible for handling and completing all daily maintenance requests and tasks.
• Inspects fire alarms and Nitration System to prevent fires and water leaks in the company Data Center.

I bring positive energy and eager to share new ideas with Extreme employees and receive great feed back from customers.
Design, Implementation and Support for all Extreme products and solutions
Professional Services Engineer (Current Employee), National travelJanuary 15, 2015
Very technical and challenging position. Travel to a different customer with different IT challenges every week. I am part of a Nation wide team that supports all aspects of the Extreme products and Solutions. Interface with the customers IT staff, develop designs, implementation plans and schedules. Perform all aspects of the implementation plan related to technical tasks for Extreme products and Solutions. Assist customer with non-Extreme product when required.
Very independant working company
Inside Sales & Service Rep (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: temp
I enjoyed working with Extreme. They really threw you in the position fast and you were on your own to learn the way of sales. I liked that this company left you along to work as you can with no micro management. I enjoyed working with the other sales reps and the atmosphere of the sales department.

The management was very small and while I was there I was only a contractor. My position was not a perm position because of the budget cuts so I was not hired perm.
Logistics Coordinator
Freight Auditor (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: career advancements
My corporate career took off as soon as I started here w/ Extreme Networks. I learned how to read the tariffs, audit freight invoices, hold meetings and keeping them on schedule and on topic, spoke in front of over 400 employees. I loved the work environment here. Management strived to make sure work gets done but to also balance from life and work.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2014
Great culture and benefits.
Great team atmosphere and people to work with.
productive workplace
Customer Support Manager (Current Employee), morrisvilleFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, supported management (specific managers)
Cons: keeps bad managers in their jobs for too long. takes too long to get rid of them
highly motivated workplace. that constantly feeds not only your stomach but your thirst of knowledge.
I was Desktop Support
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 27, 2013
Went in the morning and looked at my list of what needed to be done. Started my task and would finish as soon as possible. I enjoyed my days because this is the work I loved!
Fun place to work,
Inside Channel Account Mgr. (Former Employee), Durham (RTP), NCMay 21, 2013
Pros: fun place to work, flexible
Cons: not a lot of communication from the top
Good place to work, not a lot of communication from the top. Flexibility was great. Learned a lot, was able really tighten up my skills and experience.
Everything was Extreme but I like the place and the free food
PC Support (Former Employee), Santa ClaraFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: nice place to work but very busy and extreme
Cons: to busy sometimes always sat on the end of my seat
I liked the people and culture, after hours it was free food
it was good not google food much better love the veggies on a roll.
This place is a nightmare - you will see the same jobs posted over again
Network (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 22, 2013
Cons: to many
This place is a nightmare - you will see the same jobs posted as people leave.
They will post the same jobs online as it's a rotating door, people come in and quit after they see what it's like.
You can either act like your a slave to gang talentless losers who stay because it's the only paycheck they can find or they will
harass you until you leave. Money is poor at the least and
work life balance is a big no.
Exciting small tech company
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Exciting company with an interesting product. Their problem is focus. They change management so often that they never have the same goals for more than a year. This also causes extreme turn over throughout the ranks.
Great People and culture. Easy to interact with, an automous culture enabling individual growth.
Senior Director (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: people, flexibility, autonomy
Cons: tough market, lack of growth, accountability.
Great culture with great people. Days were a bit long at 10-12 hours 5-6 days a week, however you managed your own time with little to no micro management.

The hardest part of the job was the number of thingst to get done, in a tough market climate. Continous pressure to do more with less.

The most enjoyable was the people. The people are in tune, and all are out for success and motivated.
pingpong table,beer24/7 popcorn machine 24/7 great people.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 1, 2012
Pros: good people. very good facilities staff.
Cons: leadership.
GREAT COMPANY TO START WITH, ONE OF THE BEST IN THE VALLEY.very exciting start-up. Very good product. Looked forward to going to work every day. Work was fun even on bad days.The bad part was RIF days. Best part was my co-workers, had been with them for the better part of 20 years,at other companies. Manager, other coordinator,phone operator. Hardest part of the job was having to leave.
Great products, strong team, poor management
Worldwide Technical Director, Strategic Solutions (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 19, 2012
Great products, strong team, poor management. Market being commoditized and a shift away from speeds and feeds needs to happen.
The culture and morale of company reflects its inability to grow and perform. Numerous changes in top management and strategy cause poor focus.
Sr. Director (Former Employee), Santa ClaraMarch 6, 2012
Pros: they pay and spiff to get and retain people
Cons: new executives lack maturity, lack of people management skills, new execs untrusting
Many nice and hardworking people, but the company has struggled over the last 10 years in a market that is commoditizing and in which they compete with competitors who are orders of magnitude larger and better resourced.