Extreme Networks Employee Reviews

Career Advancement Opportunities
Professional Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 13, 2017
Extreme Networks, provided me with the opportunity to advance my career. The company rewards hard work with opportunity and job advancement, and the technology is unequaled in the industry.
Good workplace and balanced
Service Planning & Logistics Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 24, 2017
Nice company to work with, growing but need to challenge employees more to advance in their career and learn new technologies to stay ahead in job market and improve operations efficiency.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
need more challenging, should promote thinking out of the box work culture
Great startup
Manager, Systems Engineers - PreSales (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 12, 2017
Extreme has changed quite a bit since I was there. My review is outdated and is most probably irrelevant. However, if you like small companies and the culture of knowing everyone then it's a fun place to work
Productive and fun. Hard-working and rewarding
Senior Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 10, 2017
The dynamic leadership vision and the efforts of committed employees and contingent workforce help Extreme culture feel like a much smaller, and newer organization.
Good Product, Great people
Director of Systems Engineering - Northeast Region (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2017
Enjoyed working there due to the people I worked with. Good product that you could stand behind. Executive team is all about the bottom line no culture. Company has lost focus on what they need to be in the market.
Fun company culture with regular employee gatherings and casual environment
REGIONAL SALES ENGINEER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 13, 2017
Designed corporate voice, video and data networks partnering with a great Sales Rep. Promoted to Regional Sales Engineer Manager and hired six experienced Sales Engineers to partner with newly hired Sales Reps. Provided expert resources to my team by way of Product Marketing presentations at your regular meetings. Interface with Exec staff in Extreme as well as Exec management of customers in support of a sales win. I learned Management skills from an excellent Management team and received great training both in Sales and Technology. The workplace culture was work-hard, play-hard. The hardest part of my job was when their flagship product had engineering design flaws in the hardware. I had many meetings with Customer Execs to keep the temperature down while we worked out a fix. The most enjoyable part of my job was supporting my team with positive outcomes.
Pros
Good, supportive technical environment with a casual feel
Cons
Product issues impacted our sales
Extreme Networks
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 3, 2017
Extreme Networks is a wonderful company with many hard working and great employees. During my time there, everyone was very friendly and very helpful all the time. The company made sure that it's employees were always taken care of and that they were best suited to get their work done.
Pros
Company cares for its employees
Niche player = Bright future
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 14, 2017
Overall a good company. Lots more politics than seemed to be warranted for a 600 person company. Not unusal in that executives hewre are like most companies on they are prima donnas.

Cut "reward" spending on coffee, snacks, etc so the C-Staff and Board can spend money on more elaborate meetings than necessary.

Good people that want to develop great products IF the leadership allows.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Selfish leadership.
I liked working for Extreme.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2017
Extreme did the best they could with the product line they had. During my time it was difficult because they were increasing quotas by 50 to 100 percent a year, but the product line was not offering enough variation to add that much revenue that quickly.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Limited territory with limited products.
Working environment is very pleasant to work
Senior Salesforce Developer (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 28, 2017
workplace and culture both are excellent, i would love to work with them, i learned so many things from my colleagues, it is flexible to work either remote or onsite. sometimes i work late nights as well.
Inconsistent strategy, weak Exec. management
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 31, 2017
Company needs to diversify from core switch products that are commoditized and margins are challenged with most sales in education. Have good software offering but field doesn't sell it and nobody buying it.
Pros
they pay well
Cons
core products are me too, too much revenue in education
Great Culture
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 23, 2017
Extreme Networks is a great place to work. I've had a great balance for my personal and work life. Management was very relaxed. They do not micro manage at all.
Fun Work Environment
Sales Enablement Proof of Concept Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Fun place to work and lots to learn. Have the ability to learn new skills and work in different capacities. Friendly work atmosphere and the people are wonderful
Pros
Fun and Exciting work
Cons
No Free Lunch :)
Challenging/ Allowance for Risk taking
Director of Corporate Servives (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 9, 2016
frequent executive changes causing multiple changes in direction, great coworkers, boundless opportunities, not sure of the direction the company is going
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Frequent global travel
Great Place to work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 1, 2016
It is a great place to work. It is like a startup with almost no politics and work hard play hard approch. Will definitely recommend this place to work.
Good Money/Sad Culture
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 19, 2016
Money was great. Massive exodus of E-staff and upper management going on right now. Overall the CEO has done a good job of increasing sales and revenue. People and Working Together culture has fallen to the way side.
Productive and Fun place to work, Gourmet Chef/Cafeteria, Great Pay and Benefits
Central Region Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 20, 2015
Great company to work for while I was working there. Work hard and immediately reap the benefits. Management was respectful. The other perks included a cafeteria with a gourmet chef, games, parties, stocks, bonuses. Great work/life balance when you're young and willing to put in the extra hours in order to enjoy the benefits of a - at the time - fast growing company.
Stock Price
Senior Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2015
Can we ever recover from our low stock price. Management turn over at the top. Can we recover? No focus or direction. Lay offs have created big gaps in many areas.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Stock price and lack of direction from Exec Leadership
Extreme Networks
Finance Employee (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 6, 2015
Management does not understand what workers do and make decisions without the full knowledge of the ramification of those decisions.
Minimal employee development and no chance for advancement.
Low salary
Pros
Hard working friendly co workers
Cons
Management does not know names of employees and makes no effort to know them
It's very good company overall.
QA SW Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 2, 2015
- Checked email and responded as needed. Sorted out top list to do and worked on the higher priority tasks.

- Created software package image via DVD and USB, then installed in the related appliances. Created virtual machines for both linux and windows with software applications for testing usage. Utilized some tools in generating/monitoring/analyzing network events and flow data. Integrating testing the with various products. Communicate remotely with development and customer support engineers.

- Management had lots of meetings and looked busy with multiple projects in mind

- Worked individually and communicated as necessary

- Lack hardware resources in building up my test bed as the budget is limited. Encountered disk space full and not enough memory in my testing systems.

- Enjoy the announcement for the release of the software package or patch that I've tested/verified. Viewed the software got posted to the web side for customers to download.
Pros
Friday afternoon free snacks and drinks
Cons
Small kitchen and limited microwaves for lunch usage