Extreme Networks

Extreme Networks Employer Reviews

Very independant working company
Inside Sales & Service Rep (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: temp
I enjoyed working with Extreme. They really threw you in the position fast and you were on your own to learn the way of sales. I liked that this company left you along to work as you can with no micro management. I enjoyed working with the other sales reps and the atmosphere of the sales department.

The management was very small and while I was there – more... I was only a contractor. My position was not a perm position because of the budget cuts so I was not hired perm. – less
Logistics Coordinator
Freight Auditor (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: career advancements
My corporate career took off as soon as I started here w/ Extreme Networks. I learned how to read the tariffs, audit freight invoices, hold meetings and keeping them on schedule and on topic, spoke in front of over 400 employees. I loved the work environment here. Management strived to make sure work gets done but to also balance from life and work.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2014
Great culture and benefits.
Great team atmosphere and people to work with.
productive workplace
Customer Support Manager (Current Employee), morrisvilleFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, supported management (specific managers)
Cons: keeps bad managers in their jobs for too long. takes too long to get rid of them
highly motivated workplace. that constantly feeds not only your stomach but your thirst of knowledge.
I was Desktop Support
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 27, 2013
Went in the morning and looked at my list of what needed to be done. Started my task and would finish as soon as possible. I enjoyed my days because this is the work I loved!
Fun place to work,
Inside Channel Account Mgr. (Former Employee), Durham (RTP), NCMay 21, 2013
Pros: fun place to work, flexible
Cons: not a lot of communication from the top
Good place to work, not a lot of communication from the top. Flexibility was great. Learned a lot, was able really tighten up my skills and experience.
Everything was Extreme but I like the place and the free food
PC Support (Former Employee), Santa ClaraFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: nice place to work but very busy and extreme
Cons: to busy sometimes always sat on the end of my seat
I liked the people and culture, after hours it was free food
it was good not google food much better love the veggies on a roll.
This place is a nightmare - you will see the same jobs posted over again
Network (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 22, 2013
Cons: to many
This place is a nightmare - you will see the same jobs posted as people leave.
They will post the same jobs online as it's a rotating door, people come in and quit after they see what it's like.
You can either act like your a slave to gang talentless losers who stay because it's the only paycheck they can find or they will
harass you until you leave. – more... Money is poor at the least and
work life balance is a big no. – less
Exciting small tech company
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Exciting company with an interesting product. Their problem is focus. They change management so often that they never have the same goals for more than a year. This also causes extreme turn over throughout the ranks.
Great People and culture. Easy to interact with, an automous culture enabling individual growth.
Senior Director (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: people, flexibility, autonomy
Cons: tough market, lack of growth, accountability.
Great culture with great people. Days were a bit long at 10-12 hours 5-6 days a week, however you managed your own time with little to no micro management.

The hardest part of the job was the number of thingst to get done, in a tough market climate. Continous pressure to do more with less.

The most enjoyable was the people. The people are in tune, – more... and all are out for success and motivated. – less
pingpong table,beer24/7 popcorn machine 24/7 great people.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 1, 2012
Pros: good people. very good facilities staff.
Cons: leadership.
GREAT COMPANY TO START WITH, ONE OF THE BEST IN THE VALLEY.very exciting start-up. Very good product. Looked forward to going to work every day. Work was fun even on bad days.The bad part was RIF days. Best part was my co-workers, had been with them for the better part of 20 years,at other companies. Manager, other coordinator,phone operator. Hardest – more... part of the job was having to leave. – less
Great products, strong team, poor management
Worldwide Technical Director, Strategic Solutions (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 19, 2012
Great products, strong team, poor management. Market being commoditized and a shift away from speeds and feeds needs to happen.
The culture and morale of company reflects its inability to grow and perform. Numerous changes in top management and strategy cause poor focus.
Sr. Director (Former Employee), Santa ClaraMarch 6, 2012
Pros: they pay and spiff to get and retain people
Cons: new executives lack maturity, lack of people management skills, new execs untrusting
Many nice and hardworking people, but the company has struggled over the last 10 years in a market that is commoditizing and in which they compete with competitors who are orders of magnitude larger and better resourced.
Caution
Sales (Former Employee), naJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: some great people and tech
Cons: unstable
This company culture is trying to change but not adapting.
Seems like people are just doing what they usually do instead of getting aggressive and working together as a team to build new revenue.
knowledge ,satisfied & fun place
accounts executive (Former Employee), chennai tamilnaduJune 27, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: nil
a typical day at work at the time of month closing.
how to maintain the files & Data. short period to complete the work